Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tips for a Mandalorian character

AvRe

So recently I've been planning on making a mando character. I'll be honest, I was kind of set on by finally watching the Mandalorian. I don't know too much about Mandalorians or their culture, aside from stuff in the Kotor games and the show. Essentially, where do I begin? What are some things you think make a good mando character?

The big three points of emphasis for the character that if you want to convey in Mando build is:

Determined: The Mandalorian is hyper-focused on completing the jobs and bounties that he/she accepts. To that point, he/she also takes pride in his/her abilities and has a reputation for success. He/she isn't afraid to take on multiple jobs, knowing that his/her talents will allow the fulfilling end of each contract without much trouble.
Versatility: When traveling through the galaxies, you never know what you're going to come up against. Even though Mando isn't the best fighter, he/she is reactive and adaptive in all situations. He/she tends to be more adept at combat against humanoid figures; beasts acting on instinct usually give him/her a bit more trouble.
Mystery: Mando is reserved, especially about his/her past and other personal details. Whether it's a spaceport bar or a rocky wasteland, he/she arrives without warning or fanfare. When you hear other patrons whispering among themselves, it's probably about him/her.
plus, Mando's alignment as Lawful Neutral.

here website making your own mando https://mandocreator.com/

Mandalorians, especially on Chaos, are varied. No two are the same thanks to the incredible amount of in-RP lore that has been created over the years. I think the most basic understanding from the wookieepedia page is enough to pull together a concept, and the lore from Chaos can help refine that idea.

I’d recommend joining the Mandalorian Enclave discord server, since they can help you brush up on the Chaos lore better than most. Can find that invite here.

The important thing to remember, when it comes to Mandalorians and making a Mando character, in my opinion.
1. It's not a race but a culture, a way of life.
2. Any sentient species can become a Mandalorian.
3. Depending on what type of era Mandalorian you build your character from, you have your classic conqueror Mando, your Bounty Hunter Mando, your Warrior Mando and etc.
4. Armour is a Mando's soul, especially for the current era Mandos you see in canon and is one element many many Mando writers spent time on creating their own unique armour (though it's not needed if you just want a classic Mando look and do Mando RP).

However, the most important thing you can do is write the Mando you wanna RP, whether that's inspired by Boba Fett, Jango Fett, The Mandalorian or some other cool character you read about or saw. It's is up to you.
There is no wrong type of Mandalorian.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom