Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Time to Tie up Loose End (The Family)

Jai stood there in the loading yard of Neebray Lines, checking some of the latest shipments. All the legal ones at least. Ivory had something coming in that he had stored on his cybernetics. He took a breath. Kind of nice. Slowing down a bit. He was from an ag-world after all. Sometimes all the action did seem like too much, but Jai also knew he'd miss it. Every time he tried laying low too long ended up with another job. Another bounty. But since the Netherworld trip... his shoulder felt a bit lighter, even if he lost his eyes. It was then that he heard footsteps running up, quickly noticing Cloud Breaker's pilot, Valan Fron, run up.

"Cap'n, we just got something you might want to know about. In private." Jai just looked quickly whistling.

"Hey, Helia! Need you finish up this stuff. And... don't worry about what's in those boxes. Already checked them myself." The man would then walk over to the corvette, heading to it's galley and closing the doors before looking back at Valan. "Ok. Spit it out." The pilot then pulled out a puck, placing it on the table to show what looked like a D5-Mantis.

"Old Mantis came into the main ports. I know we haven't seen this in a while, but she's got markings you wanted us to keep an eye out for. Four horned skull. Look, I don't know the whole story, but that was yours too, right?" Ki'tala walking in at this point, quickly spotting off something about how Valan had the point at least. Though, she also had a flask that she was refilling with what Jai was sure was basically straight alcohol. She then noted the other thing. Old Sith tech used to keep the "ugly bird" flying, before just leaving, letting Valan just look a bit shocked that the maybe drunk Jawa just knew that at a glance. "What she said basically."

"Thanks. I'm headed into town. Be sure Cloud Breaker''s ready for the next run."

"You're not doing something crazy, right cap'n?"

"Not till I know the whole story." He said, pulling up his scarf and hood to only leave the glowing eyes visible.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jai got out of his speeder, fully kitted, and slowly walking into one of the cantina's around. Common one for other bounty hunters. He'd be sure to keep his voice faked as usual, but he was looking for one thing. Obvious, blaster resistant, armor. Shouldn't be too hard to find.

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvY2VsZWJyaXRpZXMvNGJjOGQ5MmEtMzcwOS00Y2Q2LTgwNTktNTRmYzM1MzRiMTE0LnBuZw==
Oh Epica, a little mostly forgotten corner of the galaxy where he could lay low for a while. Agricultural and too wound up in it's own politics and strife it wouldn't blink at someone like him. Maybe he could do some jobs. Obviously for whoever pays him the most.

Bastille sat with his Mando armor in a cantina, feet up on the table with his chair tipped back against the wall. His helmet was on the table and his gun on his hip, his glass to his lips. He smacked his lips and gave a satisfied 'Aah~' as it came away. Epica wasn't a forgotten spit in the sand like Tatooiin, it was a forgotten paradise island if you had the credits to buy top shelf. And here their top shelf wasn't just the stuff without piss in it.

He kept his eyes open, as every Mando does, and soon saw a stranger walk in, scarf and hood hiding their face. But robotic eyes, a droid then? Well, this one seemed to have a story same as he did.

Jai'galaar Gred Jai'galaar Gred

Jai slowly walked in, noticing the man. The face definitely fit. Bastille.... The bounty hunter had to keep from getting too mad right then and there. He left too after all. But right now he had to get him talking. He had to know for sure. Jai would order a drink in a mimic of an Coruscanti accent, and giving the bartender a slight nod as a sneakily slid couple of credits before slowly headed to a table next to Bastille, taking a breath before finally seeming to speak up.

"I have to ask. That beauty of a ship that landed a bit ago yours? Don't see Mantis flying around too often, especially all the way out here, especially so well kitted." He would slowly pull out a pack of Sage Cigarras he'd brought with him. He didn't light them, or even pull one out. More like he was thinking about it while making some small talk.... Ok he might need one after this, but not right now. Had to keep that face hidden.

Thousand Rats In A Trench Coat Thousand Rats In A Trench Coat

Jai smiled a bit under the scarf. Well he could get the man talking, that was for sure.

"You're right. Not from here. Worked around landing pads for a while, but.... Well found better pay. The big families out here'll drop a pretty credit for anything, so I'm here on business. Mostly muscle. They ask questions, but pretty sure they just want to cover bases. Fact they took me says that much." The bounty hunter figured he may as well throw some false leads while he was at it. He noticed Bastille look at the Cigarras. Probably wanted one. Gave Jai an idea though. He'd open them up, using the chance to slip a small tracer into the pack. "An eye for smokes, 'ey? They aren't the fanciest, but I like them." He'd then hold the box out to Bastille, hoping he'd take one honestly. Would give a nice in for later. He looked at the man, clearly seeming to try and read him. He said he was just on vacation, but... Jai wasn't so sure.

Bastille reached out and slowly slid the cigarra out of the box. He admired it before engaging a wicked looking blade on his vambrace, shwing! The rest of the patrons gave him looks but he used the blade to cut a bit of the end off the roll, pulled the blade back and engaged the pilot light for his wrist-mounted flamethrower. That blue flame lit the cigarra, and he took a few puffs to get it really started. "MMmm... The fancy stuff is suffocating. This is just rough enough for me." He smiled and took a long drag.

"And they pay a lot for muscle, ey? Maybe this vacation will make me some credits.." He mused, holding in the smoke before blowing it out towards the ceiling. "Mm, thanks."

Jai tried to keep his composure, looking at the Mandalorian as he placed the box down. He noted the blade and flamethrower in Bastille's vambrace. Best keep that in mind for later. At least he seemed interested. His eyes looked the man over. Credits seemed to be a good draw. Jai really did know enough at this point he figured, looking at Bastille before tapping the cigarra box on the table, sliding the box to him before getting up.

"Well, best be ready for a payday then if you're as good as that armor and ship suggest. Figure you'll be here if the boss likes you." Jai would just get up, leaving as quietly as he came, at least until he got in a the speeder and a slight ways away from the port. He finally pulled the scarf down taking a few ragged breaths before gripping the controls tight as he thought about what to do. He looked around, quickly gunning the speeder back to the Cloud Breaker, quickly walking aboard and catching the eye of a cyborg Echani named Ila, and Ki'tala. The Jawa was working on the cyborgs leg as both noticed him.

"Hey boss? You ok?"

"I'm fine." Was all he said as he started to walk to his quarters Ki'tala was quick to follow, eying him through her goggles.

"[What happened? Are you ok?]" Jai looked, simply nodding.

"Just have something to deal with." The Jawa was clearly worried, but didn't get the chance to speak as the door was closed, and Jai started looking at the strong locker in his room. He took a breath, opening it, revealing his old armor and a pair of Trayc'kad. He looked at everything there, taking a breath before pulling the armor out. His hands shook a bit before taking another breath, putting on the armor. Didn't quite fit right, but it was good enough. A bit tight around the neck where his cybernetics port was, but other than that he was ok with it. Jai was never one to keep fancy vambraces.... Honestly wished he had now. But soon, he'd be ready. He'd wait till night before slipping out, grabbing Peko-peko's VCX-AS, and using it to head to the city once again. Now with night coming. All he'd have to do was hope Bastille kept those cigarra's. But now.... It was time for some payback.

Bastille watched the stranger leave the cantina, puffing on the cigarra he was given. The stranger had come in, sat by him, stayed only a few minutes, and then left. No drink, no food, no other contact. Just him. Maybe this was some sort of interview for his own boss?

He walked down a street near the port later that night, his mind still pondering that encounter in the cantina. He was given the cigarra, and the pack... Bastille looked at the case for a moment before shaking it. Rattling. He frowned and turned the case over, careful not to spill the cigarras... and a small tracker fell out. He looked at it for a moment, pondering. His frown curled into a smirk.

The tracker would ping it's location at a hotel room. The lights were off, and the air would reek of the cigarra smoke.

Jai would land the aux shuttle outside the port walking into the area and following the tracker. It lead him to one of the local hotels. Jai rolled his eyes ever so slightly. Such a fancy ship and apparently he'd rather pay for a room than just use his own bed. Meh. At least he was on the right track. Jai would quickly start to scale the side of the hotel, slowly making his own way in as he looked around. Definitely smelt like cigarra in here. Jai would start swapping the modes of his eyes, trying to find anything. It seemed... empty. All he could really do was find the tracker he guessed. Bastille must've just left the box here. He wasn't really thinking about looking thoroughly around the room either. Just finding Bastille.

It was dark in the hotel room, the smoke making it hard to smell the mustiness of the place. The bathroom door was left open but bathed in shadow, darker even than the main room. There he waited, in the shower, with his blaster. It had taken a few hours, but waiting was part of his life, his job. Waiting for predator to realize it was prey.

And... there was the door, opening. The footsteps got closer, and now he could see a shape moving around the room. A few steps over and he came right in line with the bathroom door. He wouldn't wait for the being to turn to see him, he pulled the trigger. A blue stun ring whapap! 'ed through the threshold.

Jai continued looking around. It was just so quiet in here. He didn't like it. Cybernetic eyes darted around, before he moved towards the bathroom. Only place he couldn't see really. The Mandalorian began to walk up, taking a slow walk forward. He had to be quite, ready for a shot to be fired. He was sure his armor could take a blaster bolt if it needed to. He only had a moment to thing though before a flash of blue and a ring of energy struck him, only having a few seconds before it all went black.

The figure dropped without any fuss. Bastille remained still, waiting for any backup. None came. Slowly he moved out of the bathroom and secured the front door.

<<<<[[LATER]]>>>>

Bastille sat on a chair next to Jai. He was taken out of his clothes except his pants. Bare feet, chest and face exposed. And it was incredibly cold, the Air Conditioning put on full blast at it's chilliest setting, meant for sentients adapted to ice planets. He was cozy in his armor, but Jai would have a different opinion. When Jai finally woke up he'd be cleaning a knife. Not a vibroblade, while he had one. This was just standard steel, and sharpened to a razor's edge. Didn't need anything fancy to get information.

"Well, been a while. Didn't expect you to see you here. Let alone hand me some good smokes, Jai."

Jai slowly woke up. Frak it was cold. Cybernetic eyes looked at Bastille, even with the mechanical nature of them it was clear what was going through Jai's mind. Confusion. Anger. Hatred for this man. Of course he'd try to freeze Jai a bit. He looked at the man, glaring slightly.

"Guess I wasn't sneaky enough with that one, eh sleemo (Slimeball)?" He huffed a bit, keeping a constant eye on Bastille, and looking for his gear. He wasn't sure what to do here really, but he had to think of something. "You're a slippery one, you know that, traitor?" He was sure he could take whatever punishment was Bastille could think of. He did use to handle the... worst of information gathering on Concord Dawn by himself. Something he paid for recently enough.

"Sneaky enough. But no one just walks in, hands a stranger a pack of smokes, and then leaves without a catch. Had you stayed a while, chatted me up and we got closer, maybe I wouldn't have noticed the tracker clinking around the box like a rock." He gripped the knife by the blade. It was sharp, but as long as a blade isn't drawn again flesh it was fine. Plus he had his gloves on.

Cold may make the body numb, feel less pain to cuts. But everyone knew that cold bones being hit felt ten times worse. Holding the blade he leaned forward and wacked it against Jai's elbow hard. No reason, just liked to cause pain.

"So," He continued, settling back in his chair. "What were you planning to do? Track me down and kill me in my sleep?"

Jai listened, glowing eyes squinting at the man. He couldn't help but think about how to get out of this one. Karking dang it, he should've told someone. You'd think he'd learn well enough from someone else lesson, but revenge is a funny thing he guessed. He thought about his original plan, shrugging a bit as he looked and gave a cocky smile.

"Guess I figured credits would be enough to make you not question too mu... GAH!" Jai recoiled as much as he could. He knew good and well it was meant to hurt, and hurt a lot. He looked around the room some before looking back up at Bastille. The man would then ask what Jai's plan was. To kill him in his sleep. Jai laughed slightly, looking at him while trying to get free.

"Come on now.... Would I kill anyone in their sleep?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom