Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to Rest, Maybe? [Daxton Bane]

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith tried to concentrate on the present, like the man told her to. It was a bit better, because the present time wasn't as traumatic as her past. Actually, it was a lot better. She opened her hand again and concentrated. She felt the illusion in her hand. At first, a holographic illusion appeared, which was typical in this young Sorceress' case. Then she started creating some texture on it. The weak mind controlling now changed into something more powerful. The apple which had now appeared turned red and it started actually looking like a real one. But she knew it's not real.

When she felt like it was real enough, she threw it to Daxton. Lilith feared it will fade into air during it flew towards the man, but fortunately it didn't happen. Well, there was a chance it will happen when it's caught, but she really hoped it won't happen. She already felt like she was doing really good. "How's the apple?"

Catching the 'apple' toss his way, he automatically enforced the illusion by a subtle application of Force, something he doubted she would notice. "Very good." he said by way of encouragement. "At least now you know the basics, but you need to keep practicing ok. The more you use it the stronger your illusions become. Agreed?"

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith nodded. "Yes, I understand. I will have to practise much, maybe even every day to become a good illusionist. Thank you for helping me!" she said to the man. Taking the last bite of her food and drinking the last sip of her drink, she stood up and asked: "Is there anything else?" She had time, actually, to be with the man, but she thought, that maybe he wants to be alone for some time too. After all, she had interrupted her peaceful picnic on this beautiful planet near this beautiful place. The Valley was really pretty and so was everything on Naboo, actually. Well, besides that cantina.

"I would love to spend more time with you, but I figured out, that maybe you would like to be alone too..." She didn't leave yet. She waited for Daxton's answer.

Daxton's eyes widened in mock surprise. "Have you forgotten already the bargain? Come sit and tell me your story. How did a gifted illusionist like you find yourself on the hard road of adventure and mystery. Regale me with tales of what you have seen and experienced through your illusions. After all the pleasure of your company is preferable in this lovely locale, don't you think? Besides there is time enough to be alone when we're dead. No let us rejoice in the gift of life and company. Now where does this story begin?"

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"Alright..." Lilith said as she sat down again. She didn't know what to talk about. "What do you want to know? What exactly do you want to know about me?" She didn't sound very kind anymore. More like threatening... At least the last sentence sounded like that, even though Lilith didn't want herself to look like a woman with really bad manners or something even worse.

She had had a really bad childhood with a lot of tragedies. And one of them was really tragic. It was something Lilith never talked about. No one besides Lilith, Jasmine and a few other people knew about it. And it was good, that no one knew. They would've felt sorry because of Lilith's and Jasmine's story. Thinking about it was so sad, that Lilith started immediately crying. But not at this time. This time she decided not to think about it at all, if possible.

"What brought you here of all places? What are you searching for in your heart of hearts?" Daxton could be direct when he wanted to. He wanted to know her dreams and ambitions, since he was certain he could use her in his various plots and schemes. After all he didn't pose much of threat now did he?

@[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"]

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"I have not been on many planets, so I travel a lot. Mostly because I want to get some knowledge of them, but sometimes I just want to have fun. I don't actually remember why I came here, but I guess it was because I wanted to do both. I found an interesting person, so I decided to have more fun than get knowledge. And so the cantina thing happened... I came here, because I felt really tired. And because I want peace.

Even though it may seem like I am a duelist or a fighter in the heart, it's not true. While I can't say, that I don't like fighting, I love peace more. I would like to have peace in this galaxy. But not the Republic type of peace. I want a dictatorship which can't be destroyed. I think I am a ruler, actually, but I am not ready nor skilled to be one at the moment," Lilith said. She sighed and looked into the sky.

"But life is more than just the goal. Maybe my goal is to conquer the galaxy? Maybe not? It's not important, actually. The goal is just a part of our lives. What really matters is the adventure... the path towards the goal. All of the surprises, sadness, happiness, tragedy, comedy... They are all little things on the road that we want to understand more. And that's why we live them through. We are curious and that's what makes us sentient, powerful being. The road is full of these little things and that's why we are so easily distracted from reaching our goal. But it doesn't matter either.

We have a choice to make every time we find such a thing from our road. We can keep it and make it a memory or leave it behind and lose a great chance to get a new, breathtaking memory. Many people choose the latter option. Though it's not what we are meant to do. The choice is made to see if we are worthy to reach our life goal. Only the ones who leave everything behind can actually fulfill their destiny and go beyond it... After the goal, there may be a locked door which can be unlocked only if we don't have any memories. Only a pure person can get through it. And behind that, there is something which doesn't exist on the mortal plane.

It's immortality.

But no one will ever reach that. Because everyone picks something up from the road. We have an infinite bag with us, after all. And that's why many people probably never fulfill their destiny. And I think I am a person who will never see my life goal...

Of course it doesn't exist on the mortal plane. And it's just my opinion, but that's how I feel about everything."

She had never told anyone so much about her thoughts. Yes, she often thought about that path which could lead people to immortality. But Lilith knew no one will ever reach it because of their nature.

"You speak of worthy, noble goals. My next question is are you prepared to pay the price for your dreams to be fulfilled? Are you ready for the galaxy to brand you as a villain? There are many who do not wish for the status quo to change, and here you are seeking to rock the boat. Your path is fraught with peril and danger but it just might be achievable, with the right council and a firm belief that your cause is just. I may be of assistance, if you so need it." Like the viper he truly was, he offered a suggestion in such a way, that it would appear it was their own choice rather than his.

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"But how do I work towards fulfilling my dreams? Who can help me besides you? What should I do?" Lilith asked. Not it looked like she can actually see her dreams becoming reality one day. But it had to be a day very far away in the future so far Lilith can't even imagine. "And what do you mean by... council?" After thinking about it again, she understood Daxton is trying to do something... She wasn't that stupid. But she was stupid enough to not understand what the man wants to do. Maybe he is a Jedi, after all? Maybe she had thought he is not one, but he actually is one? Maybe she was wrong about everything?

"Your dreams require a subtle application of power over prolonged period of time. The more you force it, the greater the resistance you will encounter. You will need allies, a few with similar goals who find you useful as you find them useful for your schemes. I can point you in the right direction. In fact, the first of who you seek is an old student of mine. Seek out the man called @[member="Kaine Zambrano"], tell him that wish to study under his tutelage. He can teach you lessons in power and politics far greater than any one living today."

"Once you have learned enough from him, seek out a community and make your mark. Seize control and make others do your bidding. Then I will come and teach you the next lesson you will need to learn. Do you think you can handle this task, my dear?"

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lililth sighed. She hadn't even expected it to be so difficult. If she wanted to fulfill her dreams, she had to move towards it. And actually, if she didn't reach the time she had always dreamed about, it wasn't a bad thing. Like she had talked before, the road is more important than the actual destination. "I am not sure," Lilith said. The name of Kaine Zambrano was kind of familiar, but she had to think some time to remember who the man was. Maybe it was a Jedi? Maybe a Sith? Maybe even a Mandalorian? There were so many options.

But then she realized.

"You mean... I should talk with the... the Emperor?" Lilith asked. Her voice was suddenly full of fear. Talking with the ruler of the Sith Empire was something normal people didn't do. And by normal people, Lilith meant Apprentices and even lower people. "Can you help me?"

"Before he became an Emperor he was a mere man, nothing is impossible without a little ambition." Daxton smiled in amusement, "I can arrange things if that is something that interests you."

It was past time he checked on his former apprentice. Word had reached the Sith that he had a daughter, one equally as strong in the Dark Side as her sire. Perhaps it was time for Daxton to make his presence felt once again in the Zambrano household.

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith smiled. He had never known the Emperor had been a normal person. In fact, she had thought the Emperor title is hereditary. "I would love to meet him, but I am a bit afraid... Other Sith I have met and who trained or helped me have always been very impatient and... evil. I don't want to be beaten up by the Emperor himself. Is he better than the majority?"

On the day when Lilith became a Jedi, she thought there is no hope anymore, that a Jedi can never be a politician or something like that. While yes, she was maybe partially right, she had never thought she'll become a Sith. And so she had never thought she could still be someone.

Pausing to consider the question, Daxton grunted softly in renumeration as he replied, "He is smarter than most which served him well. Where other Sith allowed their emotions to get the better of them, he used their weaknesses against them, made them ploys of their own hubris. That and a strong will to survive, makes him both a useful student and worthy of the title of Emperor. There is no Sith who could match him, save a few, and they have no desire to rule so as far as the rest are concerned he is the strongest. As long as he can maintain that mantle he would rule. It is the way of the Sith since time immemorial."

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith nodded. "But... will he hurt me in case I fail at something?" she asked. "I have seen Sith... I have met Sith who can be really rough and who don't tolerate any failures. I think they don't know people are not perfect... Yes, maybe it's the way Sith work, but then it's not for me. Maybe they kill everyone who is not worthy to be a Sith... And by that, I mean a person who is not perfect enough. I have not seen many Emperors, so I don't know much about them. I have always thought they are the most brutal ones there are, but..." She stopped for a moment.

"I don't want to seem weak. But they all have made me feel like that..." She started crying.

Daxton was not the least moved by her crying, instead he said, "Where it the Sith Way to kill failures, there would no one left to rule. Failure is rewarded by pain, yes, a lesson so you do not repeat the same mistake again. Multiple failures speak of incompetence, and worthless tools are often discarded are they not? What is this focus on failure? Do you think you will fail? Do you assume you are incapable of seizing your dreams?"
@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith thought for a moment. She was still crying. "I can't do anything if I'm always been told I am not worthy... that I am a failure... or if someone always hurts me. Unlike Jedi, they are impatient, cold-hearted, stupid... And that's what I miss from the Jedi life. They were all patient. And when I failed... they helped me. They didn't start hitting me or kicking me or whatever. Like Sith, they wanted their students to succeed, but they were never aggressive. They never shouted at me."

Lilith sighed as she wiped the last tears away.

"Maybe I wasn't supposed to become a Sith? Maybe I was supposed to become a Dark Jedi or something else... I am not worthy. I know the next thing I am going to say is something Sith and... maybe you... want to change. I don't like Sith teachings. And I will never do. It would be much simpler to fulfill my destiny if I didn't have to cry every night because of all the pain I have had to feel."

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

"Hush childe. Did you really think I want you to become a Sith? You must make your own path. Take the strengths of each and make them your own. The galaxy is a harsh mistress, it has no patience nor love for the weak. She loves the strong and worthy. How do you become worthy? By becoming strong. Do you think anyone gave me the power which I now possess? I took what my masters could teach and improved on them. Do not limit yourself to philosophy, right and wrong, that doesn't matter in the end. All that matters is power and the desire to gain power."

"If you limit yourself to a sect's teachings, you limit your own growth. Rather instead be malleable, absorb what you can and then make your mark."

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"But what do you recommend? Which path is the best in your opinion. I understand it doesn't matter what path you have chosen, but I am curious."

"I chose the Sith way, because they are the darkest sect there is. They are a powerful faction and like you said, only powerful survive."

"I understand your philosophy. But it's quite mainstream. I'm speaking about the 'only strong survive'. Sometimes it's good to be weak. Everyone has weaknesses. And weaknesses make a person powerful."

"The Sith aren't the strongest. There are far darker powers in the universe, but whether you find them or they find you remains to be seen. What I am offering you is a stepping stone. An opportunity. What you make of it is up to you, that is your destiny."

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom