Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to Rest, Maybe? [Daxton Bane]

Time to Rest, Maybe?
Following the thread "Leave. (Naboo)"​
Naboo, somewhere near Valley of Serenity
@[member="Daxton Bane"]
The cantina... Lilith had left the cantina a few minutes ago and now she was walking towards the Valley of Serenity... because she thought it's the best place where she could rest. All of this fighting and everything that had happened there was so tiring. She had also used the Force too much, which meant, that most likely she doesn't have enough power to use the Force at all... for maybe four days. It was seriously a bad thing for her training. A lot can happen during four days. Maybe after that, she can't create illusions anymore? Or maybe she will be completely powerless? She didn't even want to think about it. Thinking about it made her sad...

On the way to the valley, she had many other thoughts too, but... well, they were just simple things like "What am I going to eat for dinner?", "Where shall I go tomorrow?" and "Is my staff still okay?". The valley was beautiful. It was the first thing she noticed when she reached the location. This place was really amazing, like she had heard before from many people. She hadn't had the chance to visit this place before. She fell in love with this place... But it wasn't a special thing. She fell in love with almost every a bit more beautiful place...

She ran to the valley, jumped around, played... She felt like a little child again... She now had the chance to enjoy the childhood she couldn't enjoy before. She hadn't had childhood at all...

Dressed in simple dark green robes, the Wayfinder of the Seekers barely drew any attention to himself. He had laid a simple lunch on a piece of cloth to take advantage of the calm and serenity to once more try to find balance against the voices raging inside his head. The roasted meat trapped between the golden crusty bread was delicious, along with the filling tossed green salad and fragrant freshly squeezed orange juice. Chewing his meal softly, he closed his eyes to savor the experience of peace at last.

@[member="Lilith Mae Lancaster"]

Lilith's cloak, which she always wore, almost flew as Lilith jumped around the place. It was so beautiful and she was so amazed and... She suddenly stumbled on a man. "I'm really sorry..." she said as she tried to rise. She had just ruined a man's picnic... Great... now he is going to sue me and there' s going to be another problem in the court... Lilith thought. Her thoughts were kind of weird, but it was probably because of the corruption which was even deeper than ever before. It could be also heard from her voice, which did not only tremble but also sounded a bit like echo... But at the same time, it was something like a wind. She had never understood, why it is so, though she assumed it's because she let to corruption grow too quickly. Maybe the corruption must grow slowly? But it had happened on her in a few weeks... Some people live a whole life slowly corrupting. They don't notice it until they're on their deathbed. But now Lilith fell in only a few weeks.

Lilith stood up and walked a bit away from the man. "Did you get hurt?" she asked from the man.

Daxton could sense a certain darkness in this one, perhaps it would be useful to see if she could serve his purposes. Turning to smile at his guest he replied, "No, I wasn't hurt in the least. Were you hurt?" Pausing to hear her reply before introducing himself, "I am Daxton Bane, the pleasure of your acquaintance. Would you care to join me?"

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"It's so good to know you are okay..." Lilith said. She sighed and then continued: "I am fine, I believe." At least she didn't have to expect getting sued for something this time. She walked closer to the man again and offered her help. The man had introduced himself and it was polite to answer with introducing herself. "I am Lilith," she simply said. She smiled while hoping the man doesn't have strange plans to take over the galaxy or something.

"Alright, l'll join you, then."

"Sit then Lilith and partake of my simple fare. What brings you out here, if I may be so bold as to ask." Handing her a plate of food and glass of crisp chilled wine, he leaned back and waited to hear her reply. "I, myself, try to come here as often as I can. It is so......peaceful, don't you agree?"

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

As the man said, that she should sit, Lilith felt like she had done something awkward. She shouldn't have held her hand out like that like she would've wanted to help him. It was obvious he won't need help. He had a picnic. Of course he didn't want to stand up. So Lilith just sat down like the man and took the plate and glass he offered while silently saying: "Thanks!"

Then she took a sip of the wine and answered the man's question: "A bar scene was just so crazy, that I decided to go somewhere where I could rest from it. And this place looked like a cool one, so..." Then she heard the man's answer and nodded. Indeed, that's the reason she was also here now.

"By the way, what's your name?"

"I am known by many as Daxton Bane. A bar eh? You wouldn't happen to be in a certain bar when there was a throw down recently were you? Some people just don't know how to control themselves and ending up in more trouble than they bargained for." With a gentle wave of his hand, he called forth a simple breeze to blow through the air and cool their faces as they talked.

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

"Alright, Daxton... Yes, I actually were in a bar like that. I even created a few illusions and... well, I did some things there. It was a bad thing. I don't think I will ever consider it as a good experience," Lilith said while she started eating her food. It was delicious and so was the wine. But she was also a bit afraid, that she'll start acting a bit... oddly. It was due to the fact, that Lilith had drank before and when she drinks now, she might start feeling strange. It wasn't because she'll be drunk, but... it was a bit more complicated.

"I agree with you. I don't like these people who were there. Not exactly my type of people."

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"Illusions you say? Most intriguing. Do you use tech or magic to make these illusions?" Chewing on his food, she now had his interest as he waited for her to explain further. Perhaps she would indulge him with a small display of sorts to illustrate her point.

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

"Well, yes, I do perform illusions sometimes. And I do them with the Force, but I have to learn much. I am not very good at it yet," Lilith said. She blushed, probably because she thought she is a boring woman. But once more, she had the chance to talk with someone and the man seemed to be interested in her and she was interested in him, so it was really good.

Lilith performed an illusion of an apple next to Daxton. Unfortunately, she didn't know, that Daxton was Force-sensitive, which meant, that she didn't know he can see through it.

Excellent a mentalist, and one with potential he could nourish. Gesturing at the phantom apple, he said, "Well done my dear. If I may?" He placed his hand over the 'apple' and exerted more Force, shaping the illusion and giving more body and essence until it appeared to be a solid apple in all aspects. Handing it to her, it would appear to be a real apple except for the fact that they both knew it did not really exist.

"Would you care to learn how I did it?"

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith looked at the apple as it started taking actual shape. It wasn't like a hologram anymore. It looked like a real apple, but, well, yeah, both she and Daxton knew it is still an illusion. She took the apple from Daxton's hand. Her mouth was a bit open and her eyes were really big. Having never seen so powerful illusions, she was really amazed. And surprised. And a bit other feelings blended with the mentioned ones.

"Wow! It's amazing. What did you use? Sith Magic? I am open to any new skills like that," Lilith said. She was so happy and acted a bit like a little girl.

Holding up one finger he smiled and said, "The Force knows neither politics nor alignment, it is simply the Force. Depending on one's style and method, one can perform different forms of magic. Describe for me how did you create your apple and I can show you simple exercises you can try to improve your current style to make your illusions more substantial. In return you will tell me more about yourself, tell me your hopes and dreams, your goals in life. Do we have deal?"

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith nodded. Then she started speaking: "I have learned Sorcery, which, as I have heard, is basically known as Sith Magic, even though I don't agree with them. I wasn't exacly taught to create illusions. I learned them from old Sorcerer Lore. Because of that, I create illusions of out my body, but not as an extension of me. They are like... pieces of my mind somewhere out of my head. I focus on the thing I want to create and it... just forms there, but they are really simple illusions and not the best." Then she waited for a moment before she continued. "Is my style really wrong?"

"No actually you are on the correct path. Illusions are drawn from within us, taken from our experiences. However, that is just the beginning. Just like a house, you need to build on your foundation if you want something more. Take for example the apple. You remember the apple, you know how it looks like but you stopped there. Against a weak mind, that would suffice, since they would see an apple. But what happens when they interact with it? It is revealed as an illusion."

"Now take for example, visualize the apple, picture in your mind's eye the texture of the apple's skin in your palm, the juiciness of the flesh as you sink your teeth in, the crunch sound as you chew, the smell as you inhale. Then impose your will and command the apple to appear and it will."

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith sighed. She looked at the apple and thought about it. Well, it was good to hear she is on the right track, but... Well, she was a bit sad, too, because she didn't know it was possible to make illusions so real. She had always thought they can only look like holograms.

She raised her other hand and tried creating a similar apple there. She started with the same thing she did before; with a hologram-looking illusion. Then she started imagining some texture, but it was really difficult.

"Relax childe." Daxton chided her gently, "One cannot climb a mountain on their first try. One must take small steps, before you can try bigger ones otherwise you will end up falling. The harder you try, the more the illusion will fail. Try remembering a pleasant memory for your youth, and begin from there."

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Lilith listened to Daxton and then tried a bit more to make something good. She thought about a memory, but everything she remembered was bad. It was traumatic, so Lilith just put her hand into a fist, whch meant the illusion disappeared. "I can't do this. Everything I remember from my childhood was bad. It was a tragedy. I don't want to search in the bad memories." She sighed and tooka sip of her wine, which she had put down before, but had now taken it into her hand again.

"Close your eyes," Daxton asked her as he said, "If the past is painful, then we need to focus on the present. Yes." When she closed her eyes, she would smell the sweet smell of freshly picked apples mixed with scent of the fruit trees in full bloom. "Nothing is wasted, everything has a purpose. Relax." His voice was hypnotic, allowing her to completely relax to the sound.

@Lilith Mae Lancaster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom