Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tilaga, Sea of Screams [Geonosis]

Status
Not open for further replies.
les-effets-speciaux-de-Martin-Deschambault-720x316.jpg

T I L A G A
THE SEA OF SCREAMS

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATIONSETTING INFORMATION
  • Landmark Name: Tilaga (Geonosian: Sea of Screams)
  • Classification: Desert
  • Affiliation: Geonosian Natives
  • Size: Large
  • Population: No Inhabitants
  • Demographics: N/A
  • Accessibility: Open Access
  • Description: Desert, Perpetual Sandstorm
POINTS OF INTEREST
  • The Storm: In the present, Tilaga is defined by a storm that is perpetually active and encompasses the whole of the region. Considered a full fledged Wound in the Force - the howl of its winds are said to be the screams of the untold millions of Geonosians who perished during the Sterilization. Braving the depths of the storm is perilous. Visibility is a lost cause. Basic electrical equipment become unreliable and prone to malfunction. And above all else, every traveler is filled with an imminent sense of Dread upon entering the windy depths. Although the Storm poses no physical harm to those bold enough to enter, its history and quirks are more than enough to discourage the average soul from approach.
HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Empire had a secret to bury.

Centuries ago, the diligent workers of Geonosis looked up to see darkness blackening the sky. Like a storm, the roar of Imperial engines thundered across the heavens. Like rain, their bombardment cascaded without ceasing until the sands were practically glass. It was thought that, following but a span of several minutes, an entire world had been laid to rest. It was thought that the Geonosian species as a whole had been wiped clean from the face of the Galaxy - and with them the secret of the Death Star.

But, they would endure.

And their suffering would come alive.

As millions of voices cried out in terror, a vicious wound was torn open within the Force. Anguish became palpable upon Geonosis, manifesting over the shattered remains of the largest Hive that faced decimation that day. A routine Sandstorm blew through...but never ceased. Its winds continuously howled. Its presence perpetually billowed over an expanse of charred remains. Tilaga, the Sea of Screams had been born and persists today. Now, the descendants of those who survived this tragic end look upon this region as a grim reminder of Imperial gratitude.

To journey there is now among the highest taboos of their culture.

[member="Darth Metus"] I'll be taking over judging on this sub :D Apologies for the wait!

Okay, so, I have one glaring problem with this submission and that is that this location reads and feels like a Force Nexus, to the point it can't remain on the general location template in its current incarnation. In order for this to pass; You'd either need to remove reference to it as a location with any influence in the Force OR use the Force Nexus template for this instead, which means this will also need the Force Nexus objective completed as detailed here.

Other than that, the concept is unique and I do very much like the idea of such a big event leaving an impact such as this. I suspect there won't be any trouble coming up with an interesting story to tell surrounding the discovery of this place if you do decide to go forward with making it a Force Nexus simply due to how cool it seems :)

[member="Madison M. Maxwell IV"]

Thank you for picking up this submission!

Just so that I'm understanding this correctly, although a Wound in the Force is not the same as a Force Nexus, because it involves the Force period it is subject to a development thread correct?

[member="Darth Metus"] Yes, though that wasn't the sole factor playing into that -- There's enough overlap in the similarities of Wounds and Force Nexuses that it was determined you will need a development thread to continue alongside moving everything to the Force Nexus template.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom