Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Tick... tick...

Jaded

J
Objective: Boom
VS: Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Sōla Taan Sōla Taan Justice Lesan Justice Lesan

"I'm watching the camera on the east wing, a guard's turning towards you-- ten seconds... five... four-- you got this?" Jade interjected, not allowing Xun of Throne Xun of Throne the quiet to think. She was fighting back an uncharacteristic bout of nerves as they worked together to lay a series of explosives along the numerous wings of Trade Federation Industropolis . It was a large job, even larger for a first timer working with a Neimodian she barely even knew. This could all go to plan or blow up in their face in a matter of seconds.

Either way, the amateur terrorist freedom fighter would hear the stress in her voice over their comm.

There was no camera on Ryuuk's corridor, so she switched out the view to the camera at her back and buckled down at her own task at hand. "I'm almost into the EVS's interface." The expo-center was swimming with these construction droids. Events were put up and came down with amazing speed. They would be the source of the chaos that would draw everyone in.

And then...

Sounds of a struggle crinkled over their connection. "Feth, tell me you aren't getting your ass kicked in."

Last edited by a moderator:

qC8JFYe.png

Allies: Sōla Taan Sōla Taan | Justice Lesan Justice Lesan
Enemies: Jaded | Xun of Throne Xun of Throne

7BUIiLq.png

Aargau. Home of one of the largest banks in the Core if not THE largest bank in the Core Worlds. Connected to the Banking Clans and Trade Federation the planet was ripe with corruption, much of which the Alliance could do nothing about with Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe at its head. His investigation of the Forgotten Suns had led him to the world. Someone in the Trade Federation was trying to take advantage of Corellia's expansion into what had been dubbed the Coronet Frontier. They had been seeking to secure land contracts, construction rights, and mining rights, attempting to turn the frontier into an industrial extension of Coronet under Trade Federation control. While he disagreed with the moves they were going through legal channels, though any dealings with the Corellian Corporate Council and the Father of Finances was bound to be shady business.

As far as he could tell, the Forgotten Suns had been making strikes on Trade Federation rail transit, pirate raids on star ships, and had been injuring many Trade Federation employees even managing to kill several on one occasion. As of yet, the Suns had not claimed responsibility and of course, the Children of the Belt had remained steadfast in their condemnation of the Suns while also condemning the "quasi-legal" practices of worker exploitation perpetrated by the Trade Federation. Someone had made enough of a stink about it that they had tasked Dhalinar and the Green Jedi with finding and eradicating them, or bringing them to justice. But something didn't sit right.

Usually, the Suns stuck to the Belt. The piracy fit their MO but magtrain robberies were more likely an up-and-coming Frontier Swoop Gang than the Suns. He was here to find out what exactly was going on.

"Tell me what you sense of this place," he said to his padawan as they moved through the throng of workers and businessmen getting off the tram. They were all flowing towards the same place. The massive pyramidal megastructure known as Industropolis. It loomed over them, Trade Federation drones zooming through the air making their scans.

GADividerYellow.png
Every planet had an identity, an aura, born of the people that called it home. Wild, harsh planets beget wild, harsh peoples. Planets of peace and plenty bred a more sober, compassionate folk.

Aargau was neither wild nor peaceful. Not in the true sense of the word. It was a planet of transactions, where soldiers were businessmen who fought with words instead of swords. It was a planet of bankers, where money was the one true rule.

As a child raised among the Jedi, who could carry everything she owned on her person, Sōla absolutely despised it.

The tram slowed to a stop and she and her master departed, weaving through the bustling crowd. Ahead of them loomed the massive Trade Federation Industropolis, an industrial supercity that dominated the skyline.

“Tell me what you sense of this place,” said Master Greystar.

What did she sense? She reached out into the Force and opened her mind to its flows and ebbs, and felt:

A vast and endless hunger that could never be truly satiated, ever slavering for more. If a Sarlacc could be a city, then this is what it would feel like, she thought.

This was not a place governed by decency, or morality, but by greed, dressed up in rules and regulations. The city was like a gambling den writ large, etched over the face of a planet.

“I sense greed, Master,” she said at last. “It is deep and pervasive. And…unrest? Not from the people,” she explained, as her feelings took shape, gained definition and clarity. “There’s a…tension, in the Force, like an energy bow pulled taut. Something’s going to happen… or it might.”

P R E S E R V E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png
Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
Today was about architecture. While he was not a fan of the kind of greed and corruption which the Trade Federation seemed to operate on, commerce was the lifeblood of any booming economy. Without it, the whole world seemed to fall apart and descend into madness and chaos. The object of study for the day was the Industropolis. It was a modern marvel, and part of the curiosity from the young padawan was simply how they had built the thing.​
His attire clearly marked him as a Jedi, but that did not matter. As far as he was concerned this was an off duty day, even if his lightsaber was secure in the holster he kept at his lower back. It made it more than ironic when Just got into line for a guided tour of the facility. Yes, his intent was to sneak off when no one was looking, but for now, he had to get inside the monstrous structure.​
By the time he got into the building his hands were full of every piece of literature he could grab, including a map.​
“This will come in handy.”
Justice Lesan had no idea how handy it was about to be.​

"Mffno-" Ryuuk grunted through a mouthful of blood and spittle over the commline, working broken lips. The guard had thrown a headbutt which Ryuuk hadn't seen coming. He had the guard in a chokehold from behind and was struggling to maintain control.

Ryuuk had just been a Neimodian construction worker. He wasn't trained for this sort of infiltrating and close quarters combat. Those were just words to him. They didn't mean anything. What meant something was the accident at work that had taken both of his legs. Legs it had cost him his life savings to replace with cybernetics. And then the company had the gall to turn around and blame him for the accident. So no... not just his life savings. Everything. It cost him everything. His home. His wife. His children.

And now he was going to make them pay. For all the other people suffering like he suffered. This guard was just someone in the way. Just another corporate lackey. There was no other way.

Just die.

Ryuuk lashed out with one of his cybernetic legs, the hardened metal heel met the back of the guard's knee and something crunched. The man opened his mouth to let out a scream, which Ryuuk cut off with a vibroknife across his throat. The blade hummed, vibration so fast it sheared through tendons and cartilage like butter. Blood fountained from the guard's neck and onto Ryuuk's hands. He shoved the body away. The dying guard let out a wet gurgle from where he lay on the ground.

"Oh shit," Ryuuk cursed, panic and terror gripping him.

He'd never killed anyone before.

"Oh shit."

Backing away, he turned and started to run toward the objective.

"It's- it's done," he said over the commlink. "Is the droid up yet, Jade?"

Jaded | Justice Lesan Justice Lesan | Sōla Taan Sōla Taan | Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar

Or it might. That was the crux of the matter, wasn't it? He nodded approvingly as they weaved their way through the crowd. They hadn't come with any sort of senate approval or writ of service for the Trade Federation. Dhalinar was an older man and he was tied to a lot of old ways. Despite his flashy appearance clad in white and cold trim suits and fluttering shimmersilk capes he often took the route of the common person. Public transportation, walking, orbak or bantha, he made his way across planets the same way the people he was sworn to protect did.

Did it make for quick travel? Not always, but it did give him time like now to speak to his padawans about their observations and feelings. The throng of people scurried through the security checkpoints, droids clanking as they ushered people through beeping weapon-detecting gates.

"The Force offers the Jedi and all who will listen great powers of foresight," he said as he pulled his utility belt off and dropped it into the security crate. "But it isn't clairvoyance. We can't allow our own biases to cloud our judgment. Greed and suffering go hand in hand. "

"Your lightsaber please Master Jedi." Dhalinar rolled his eyes as he unclipped the two hilts from his hip and dropped them into the box.

"As does suffering and oppression," he muttered conspiratorially. "These things can and often do boil over. I feel the unrest too. But for now, let us keep our wits about us. I don't think the greed of this place will bubble up today and I'm hoping that our investigation goes undisturbed." A beep came from the security scan machine and the droid motioned for Dhalinar to walk beneath the heavy metal gate scanner. He was doused in a blue light for a moment as the machine scanned for other devices or weapons and when it ran over him two times it blinked, satisfied.

"Thank you Master Jedi. Here are your tools of death and destruction! Thansk for visiting the Magnificent Industropolis!"

GADividerYellow.png

They followed the flow of foot traffic to the Industropolis’ security checkpoint lines. The Master and Padawan cut an interesting pair, him in his crisp suit and cape, faceplate about his brow like a crown, her in her hakama and kimono and cloak, forearms wrapped in Beskar, feet encased in sleek jet heels.

The line moved swiftly- before long, they were standing before the TF01 that was manning the security gate.

"The Force offers the Jedi and all who will listen great powers of foresight,"Master Greystar was saying as he loosed his utility belt from his waist."But it isn't clairvoyance. We can't allow our own biases to cloud our judgment. Greed and suffering go hand in hand.

And that was almost precisely what she’d done, hadn’t it? She had been so focused on her dislike of greed that she had overlooked the suffering- but she could feel it now, beneath the raucous clamoring for more, a simmering brew of hardship and distress.

The droid asked for Master Greystar’s lightsaber, and he handed it over with a roll of his eyes.

“As does suffering and oppression,” he continued in an aside. "These things can and often do boil over. I feel the unrest too. But for now, let us keep our wits about us. I don't think the greed of this place will bubble up today and I'm hoping that our investigation goes undisturbed."

Sōla hoped for the same. Her youthful thirst for adventure was tempered by her pragmatic nature, born of the trials she had faced in life this far. “Of course, Master.”

"Thank you Master Jedi. Here are your tools of death and destruction! Thanks for visiting the Magnificent Industropolis!"

Death and destruction?” she mouthed silently, somewhat incredulously, mimicking her Master’s eye roll.

It was her turn to hand over her lightsaber. She slipped off her vambraces as well, then shuffled under the scanner when directed by the droid.

“So Master,” she said when she was through the machine, clasping her bracers back around her forearms, “what exactly are we looking for here?”

"The Forgotten Sons," he said. "Or rather, any sign of fake Forgotten Sons. Their patterns on Corellia bothered me while I was investigating them." From his pocket, he flourished a silvery device and proffered it to her. A data spike.

"I'm going to have a chat with a few execs. They'll be expecting me. You go on one of the tours. Slip away, and see what you can find with that." The plan was simple, except. He eyed her carefully.

"You do know how to slice right?"

RZ9C064.png

Sola took the data spike and slipped it into the right pocket of her kimono beneath her cloak, the smile tugging at her lips belying her tone. "Of course I know how to slice, Master." Her and her creche mates had made a game of locking each other out of their communal quarters with increasingly complex lock codes. Her codes had been nigh unbreakable, save by a few savants. "Go and have your talks. I'll be just fine."

She picked her way across the vast foyer to the queue for the guided tours. There she noticed a young man in Jedi robes, his arms filled with books and what looked like a map. He was over a foot taller than Sola, and tan, with a scar running across his brow. She couldn't tell if he was a Knight or a Padawan- judging from his age, he could've been either. Another Jedi, here? This can't be a coincidence.

There were no coincidences when the Force was involved, only providence.

Carefully, she made her way over to the Jedi, slipping through the throngs like only a girl of her diminutive size could, using polite words and soft smiles as shield and sword to 'fight' her way through the lines.

"This will come in handy," the man was saying as she drew near.

"Hello," she piped up from behind him. When she had his attention, she leaned in and whispered, "Are you investigating the Sons as well?"

Jaded

J
Jade's head tilted at the sound of his panic, methodically running through the odds of just what might have caused it. "Yeah, it's up," she dismissed, flicking the switch that ran the infected code through the interface.

Down below, in the open center that their halls framed like a balcony, the mini evs droids faltered in their work. Jade could practically hear the rumble of confusion in the force. She shook it off and slammed her panel closed, scrambling for the rendezvous point they had set. "I want to press the button," she asserted over the comms.

Her body had been aged to adulthood, but her mind had barely seen half of those years.

Childlike tendencies frequently clashed against her formal training as a shadow. None of these people here were responsible for how she was used as a tool, but they would pay for their greed and she would feel better for it.

She could hear a gasp cut through the expo air as the first evs droid sputtered.... then ripped apart the scaffolding it was creating. They weren't meant to do that-- Technicians jumped forward to try and stop it, but it wasn't the only one.

Calling backup, Expo exhibit.

She slid into the hall and smiled as she saddled up to Xun of Throne Xun of Throne . "Like moths to a flame. --What happened to you?"

“I-“ the Neimodian started to say, mouth open, then he looked down at his hands. Blood coated them, dripping slowly as it dried.

“The guard got in the way…”

Alarms started to blare within the facility and Ryuuk heard an enormous crash.

“Sounds like the slicing went smoothly?”

The behemoth EVS droids could sow havoc, just by barging into walls and ripping through ceilings. Not exactly the renovation the corporate filth were looking for.

Ryuuk pulled a trigger switch from his belt and held it out to Jade.

“If you want to press it, go ahead. A lot of people are gonna die. But they’re all mindless shills enslaved to corporate greed. Death will set them free.”

He hoped he was right. No. He knew he was right. To be wrong was to be a murderer. And he wasn’t wrong. He wasn’t the one committing ecological genocide across the Galaxy. How else could he rationalize the deaths?

Ryuuk handed her the detonator.

Jaded | Justice Lesan Justice Lesan | Sōla Taan Sōla Taan | Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar

Jaded

J
"I found them, corridor 3--" A guard's voice cut through the hall, his hand pressed to the comms that blared on every worker's belt loop throughout the building. Whoops. Position blown.

Jade slammed on the button.

Multiple blasts rocked the steal foundation of the megastructure, deafening Jade and throwing the guard into the wall. Jade herself was thrown back onto her knees. Blood creeped out of her left ear.

Maybe they should have... put more distance in... first....

Jade groaned and tried to push herself up, but pain shoot through her head like a hot lance. "Son of a-" she stumbled.

Xun of Throne Xun of Throne

P R E S E R V E
fWgkZJ5.png

Justtemp.png

Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
Tag: Jaded, Sōla Taan Sōla Taan , Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar , Xun of Throne Xun of Throne

“The Sons?”

Justice turned to look at the padawan with a puzzled look on his face.

“No I was just…”

He could not finish the sentence as the sound of several explosions rang in the air. They were close, very close. That was when the floor began to shake and rattle. There was no time. If they did not get out the building was going to collapse around them, or at least that is what Justice felt like. He was certainly not an expert in modern engineering or architecture. Justice was a historian.

“RUUUUUUN…” he shouted as he began to book it for the closest exit.​

"All of our dealings in the Corellian Sector are perfectly legal," droned the Neimoidian representative. Lund Mokrib was a low-level associate, an assistant really, but you wouldn't know it the way he controlled the Armstrong office here. The elusive man was never at any of his offices, and the low-level aide at his Corellian office had sent him here and now this Neimoidian was giving him the hardest of times.

"I would never accuse the Trade Federation of any wrongdoing on that level," he lied, "But for my investigation on the Forgotten Sons, the one Nasser Armstrong's office asked the Jedi to partake, I need cut and dry information." Lund Morkib stammered before settling on a "harumph" and continued walking.

"I appreciate'a your service to'a the Trade Federation. But we have no information for you - or rather the'a information is'a need to know'a basis. Theee data you wish to access would'a put Mr. Armstrong at a severe disadvantage in the market." Before Dhalinar could retort an explosion rocked the building and the sound of groaning metal roared through the hall.

Sola.

Dhalinar had kept his feet easily, calling on the Force to keep his balance. Morkib however, was a mess of robes and limbs. Dhalinar helped the groaning Neimoidian up and dusted off his robe.

"We have to evacuate! Where is the closest route?"

"Ahhhhieeeee! The terrorists! They've attacked us here at our home! This'a will not stand!" Dhalinar rolled his eyes as the Neimoidian began speaking in his native tongue quickly into a com device. The man gestured wildly and pointed at Dhalinar several times. Dhalianar took the chance and pulled out his own com, thumbing the silver cylinder on.

"Padawan Taan, are you alright? Where are you?" The Neimoidian wailed. When Dhalinar turned to look at what he was crying over now he stiffled a curse. Several Minor EVS droids stomped down the hall. Based off the much larger EVS droids meant to repair and construct ecumenopolis-level projects, the Minor EVS droids were still massive and sturdy with enough strength to bend doonium and shatter permacrete. Their photoreceptors glowed an ominous red as they marched, using their manipulators to tear at walls and the circuitry beneath or smash support beams and pillars, decorative or not.

Snap-Hiss

Dhalinar's lightsaber cracked to life, its emerald blade shining for all in the hallway to see.

GADividerYellow.png

The Force screamed of coming danger. She only had time to breath sharply before thunderous explosions rocked the building. The walls trembled and the floor groaned as the very foundations rumbled beneath. She crouched low to keep her footing, riding out the vibrations.

The lines erupted into chaos. Before she could protest, the other Jedi fled like some hapless civilian, scurrying away into the press of fleeing bodies. Juno scowled sharply, disgust worming its way across her features. He was running away? Some Jedi.

She’d be sure to give her Master an earful about it at the earliest opportunity.

Hearts pumping, she maneuvered her way through the crowd to leap atop the information desk, ignoring the screeching security droid, and reached out to soothe the fear that was drowning the room into something less frantic. At this rate, someone was going to get trampled.

Her comms ringed. It was Master Greystar.

“Padawan Taan, are you alright? Where are you?”

She answered slowly but calmly, seemingly unbothered by the collapsing building, concentrating instead on keeping her focus. “I’m fine. Still down in the lobby- the lines were glacial. That Jedi you left me with bailed.”

She heard a great commotion on his end, and the unforgettable snapping hiss of a lightsaber being activated. Her focus faltered, and the fear surged once more, rising like a wave.

But the lobby was nearly empty now, save for stragglers. People were still streaming from the back offices, but the crowds weren’t fleeing so frantically now, thinned and calmed after the initial press.

“Where are you?” A huge EVS came tearing through a back wall, leering red photoreceptors glowing ominously. “And what’s up with the construction droids?”

Xun of Throne Xun of Throne
GADividerYellow.png

The world rocked around them as the explosions rattled the building to its core. Ryuuk was used to that. The panicked screaming started immediately. Now that sound... Ryuuk was not used to... except when- no, he couldn't get distracted right now. Couldn't live in the past. They had to keep moving forward.

He looked at his companion and saw that she had not crouched to one knee before detonating and consequently got thrown across the room. Ryuuk shook his head.

"I shoulda kept the detonator," he muttered.

Coming to a stop beside her, he saw some blood coming from her ears.

"Did you not wear ear pr- ugh, nevermind," realizing almost immediately that she had not and probably wouldn't hear a word he was saying.

"This is my fault. Shoulda prepped you better. It'll be ok though," at this point he was basically just talking to himself. Taking a stim pack out of a pocket he jammed the autoinjector into her thigh. The stims would flow through her system immediately and give her a rush of adrenaline and some other juices to keep her on her feet. Enough to get through this escape.

Standing up, Ryuuk pulled her to her feet and started racing for the nearest exit. Of course, that was when he heard the snap-hiss and saw the glow of a green blade.

"Shit."

Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar | Justice Lesan Justice Lesan | Jaded | Sōla Taan Sōla Taan

Dhalinar's lightsaber carved through the durasteel of the hulking construction droids. Their beetle like bodies made for imposing figures, but their primary function made them poor combatants. He ducked, narrowly dodging the claw of a second droid. Permacrete exploded into dust and pebbles behind him.

"I'm a few levels up in the executive levels." Crash "I'm not quite sure what is wrong with the droids." He flipped over a charging droid and spotted a pair of civilians, a crippled Duros and a young lady with leaking ears.

"You two!" He looked down and saw the Duro holding a stim. "Is she alr-" his eyes hardened when he saw the detonator in her hand. His lips pressed into a thin line.

"Did you do this?" he asked, his voice suddenly ice cold.

Jaded

J
He shoulda prepped her-- she shouldn't be out here-- it was mess. But then again what else did you expect when you let a 3 year clone drop out pair up with a miner turned resistance fighter?

Adrenaline ran through her like a live wire. She nodded at his moving lips, filling in the blanks like she could hear him.

We were too close. We should go.

"Right, yeah, that's what I said." She hissed as her ear popped, the cloudy nothing turning into a high ring pitch as the stim starting repairing her blown drum. Before she could say anything further, a green light snapped to life in front of her. She knew what it meant.

"Shit," she said in sync. She pulled a blaster from her belt and let bolts loose. Shoot first, ask later? It was not like she could hear them. "Run." She hit the light above them, sparks falling to the floor between the two groups. She darted the opposite way.

Just a few levels up? She glanced to the lifts on the far side of the room as the building shuddered. Definitely a no go. The stairs it is. "I'm coming to you." Still no sign of the other Jedi.

The security droid was still wailing at her, seemingly ignorant to the state of emergency. Maybe it's circuits were fried? With a negligent twist of her hand, she wrenched off its head to silence it. There. Much better.

The construction droid lumbered across the vast chamber, smashing things as it went. The stairs were in the corridor beyond, aside the gaping hole through which crumbled offices could be seen. Crouched atop the information desk, Sola pulled her saber from her belt and activated her jet boots in a flaring pulse of power. She leapt from the counter and streak through the air, cloak billowing behind her, her saber like a spear of coruscating yellow light.

The droid was too slow. She cut clean through it with one fluid slash of her blade. As she landed, its torso toppled over from its legs and collapsed to the ground.

GADividerYellow.png

The blood dripping from the Neimodian's hands might as well have been their answer. But maybe the Jedi believed it was from an injury? No. They weren't that stupid.

"Go, go!"

Ryuuk was right behind her, second-rate cybernetic legs pumping as fast as the servos could go. He grunted, trying to push past his limits. No way would he be sticking around to see what the Jedi might decide to do if they answered with a "yes."

Pulling a detonator from a bandolier under his jacket, Ryuuk tossed it against a nearby pillar. From the glance as they ran past it looked like a support beam. Collapsing that would give them time to get away.

He hoped.

Sōla Taan Sōla Taan Dhalinar Greystar Dhalinar Greystar Jaded

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom