Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judah couldn't keep the expression off his face at the Jedi being 'protectors' of the civilian population. Of not bringing war anywhere.He struggled not to scoff, instead taking a sip of his caf in order to keep his composure.

He wasn't talking about Celanon, he was speaking in general. Judah had no idea who unleashed the zombies nor did he feel it was important. For someone like himself, it was just rolling with the punches.

As for profiting off the chaos, Judah merely shrugged.

"Someone has to clean up the hyperlanes in the aftermath. Otherwise there would be debris everywhere."

Celanon
K9AIC3c.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsaber
Tag: Judah Dashiell Judah Dashiell

"Saying it like that is a lot more respectful than thanking me for conflict. The Jedi have their faults and made their mistakes, but we don't start wars to oppress or target civilians." She frowned and almost started to regret all of this. Or... maybe he was intentionally trying to tick her off? She looked up into his eyes, squinted a little and let out a soft sigh.

No, it felt more like ignorance.

"Your business can't be focused entirely on cleaning up after battles," Valery continued. "Before the Mandalorians attacked and before this new undead army ravaging its way through the Outer Rim, we had years of peace." Though even during peace time, there was plenty of trouble, she supposed.

Judah wanted to remind her of the Jedi sinking of Ahto City, but ultimately he wasn't here to be in some type of tit-for-tat situation. His goal was to get through his as quickly as possible. Engaging her with all the Jedi travesties, making list and having her rebuttals to get the last word in.

Too much time. Ideally he was looking to leave in the next five to ten minutes.

"I don't know, I served in the Galactic Alliance as a young man. Didn't seem peaceful then, I've got the scars to prove it."

There was always some type of battle happening the the 'verse. Either between the big powers or small skirmishes between warlords, but there were definitely conflicts at a near-constant rate.

A long sip of his caf. Time to start plotting an escape.

"This has been a pleasure, but business waits for no one."

Celanon
K9AIC3c.png

"The Alliance I serve isn't the same as yours, nor do the Jedi run it." Valery was getting tired of the conversation, and she didn't want to visibly show it. He had been punched in the face by her husband already, so she couldn't make the situation worse. Perhaps, she just needed to accept that she wasn't going to get along with some people.

This one seemed to need a cave of some kind, where he could moan and groan alone.

"Well, don't let me keep you, then," Valery said with a polite smile before she stood up. "Thank you for talking to me." With that, she turned around to leave, and immediately dug into her pocket.

She wanted to text Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble and noticed she had a message from him, too.

Making it home in time for dinner?

Yep! I'm on my way home now, babe.

...also, I'm not mad at you anymore for punching that guy.

"Have a good day."

If he never ran into her again it would be far too soon. Were all Jedi Managers this angry? Management could be a stressful job, understandable one could or would be irritated.

Mentally he ran down his list of contacts to see if all Jedi had this attitude and immediately drew a blank. Force users weren't the type he hung around. Too much drama.

Picking up his caf cup, the elder Dashiell shrugged. Couldn't make everyone happy and his contact with the Jedi was nil so there would be no issue on a reputation front.

Man, these Jedi need to relax.

Celanon
K9AIC3c.png

"...go get laid," Valery muttered under her breath, though perhaps a bit too loud. She realized that quickly, blinked and kept her back turned to him as he left. She stood by her words though — he came across as someone who needed to actually spend some time interacting with other people outside of business opportunities.

He probably wasn't going to.

But it wasn't Valery's responsibility to worry about his hours spent alone in a man cave. She was going to head home and maybe ramble her husband's ears off about the whole thing.

At least one of them would get laid tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom