Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Through Fire and Rain

Last of the Southern Gentlebeings
battle-droid-2-retina-dd1469e2.jpg

While the bulk of Confederate Forces had gone north, to the battle at Mechis III or to help with the expansion effort in the area, a sizable chunk of the Defense Force was spread out, keeping order across all of the Confederacy. When the call from Chommell Minor came in, forces immediately made way to the planet. A small task force was sent to perform delaying actions, assist security forces in evacuation of the affected zones, and to gather information for a main force that would come shortly.

On the ground, portions of Var City were on fire. Smoke rose like billowing clouds towards the heavens. While well equipped, the security forces were simply to small in number, and to spread out to deal with the situation. It was gang violence taken to a whole new level. Some how the Death's Head Gang got hold of heavy weaponry, conscripted others and created a situation that required far more fire power than the security forces had access too.

At an important choke point, a platoon of B1s, and two squads of B2s held the line, along with a dozen security personnel. In the air, nine Vulture Droids flew recon and performed limited strikes at exposed targets. A single AAT acted as a command vehicle, along with a SWAT team speeder. The B1s behaved...unusually. They had erected a sandbag barricade, and were kneeling behind it, minimizing their exposure. They took semi-frequent shots to keep the riffraff back and in cover themselves. The B2s offered occasional heavier blaster support, but kept moving, to limit their target profile themselves. They behaved....almost intelligent, and were actively protecting the security personnel.

Inside the SWAT speeder, a white masked man in a trench coat like uniform spoke to the man in charge of the security forces in the area. “Sergent. My heart breaks for the plight of the people trapped inside. It truly does. We have evacuated as far back as we can. We managed to push to this spot. Both of our boys took heavy casualties. This line prevents them from being able to get downtown. It's the only spot like this for kilometers. We don't have the numbers to push deeper.”

The sergant, a tall, lanky twi'lek shook his head and growled at the masked man. “LIEUTENANT! We have fought to hard, we can't just wait! Are you running scared?! What about the CDF's promise to protect our planets?!”

With a lurch Morgan grapped the Sergant by his shirt and lifted him with no effort. “I am no coward, Sergeant. My orders are clear, however. I am to delay, to protect the people behind me. To stop the spread. I do that from here until the Colonel arrives and changes my orders. I UNDERSTAND better than you can imagine, and I will do all I can. But my orders are right. I can't reach the survivors by rushing in. I just doom everyone else.” The pop of blaster fire could be heard in the distance. “This is bigger than us. We have to play it right until we get enough troops to push them back for good.”

He gently set the man down and turned to walk out suddenly. Eyes seemed to turn and he looked all around the area. He walked up towards the baracade and out of no where, pushed down one of the security force men, in that moment a blaster bolt rang out and slammed right into Morgan, who stood where the officer once had. His molecular shield absorbed the blast, and one of his blasters was in hand, and pointed to the side. Three pulls of the trigger in a direction he never once looked, and the gun men who attempted to sneak up along the side lay dead with smoking craters in their heads. “We have to stay safe, not dumb.” He called out. “Keep your heads down! Think of your families. We have no need for heroes here.”

Coat fluttered as he abruptly turned and went back towards the AAT. Morgan took a cigar from his pocket, cut off the tip, took out a lighter and lit it. A small port on his mask opened up, and he inserted the tip into it. A deep breath in, took out the cigar, held the breath, then slowly let out the smoke. “Damned Amateurs.”

[member="Keva"]

Blueberry flavored Sith
Bueratic incompetence was the worst sort of incompetence, at least that is what Keva had decided during her years of life. The situation on this planet was no different, they had failed and now it was the duty of the commanders and their expendable machines to clean up the mess.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Not to give the implications that the Chiss didn’t already know what she wanted to do to deal with these obnoxious rats. The problem of clearance was the only thing that stood in the way of her quick and efficient victory. And the problem of annoying locals that only got in the way had become another issue. But orders were orders. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The Chiss buried herself in a datapad like she usually was, leaning against her “beloved” AAT Command Tank. Little of it was drivel or empty nonsense, Keva was the sort of woman who embraced the idea of making sure what she does has purpose. Reading over a new word or two for basic, though in this instance it was far more organization of the forces that had been given them and the attempted requisition of any more. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“I need artillery.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]After speaking in her heavily accented basic, the Chiss clicked the translator clipped onto her belt. Just in case. Never knew how much you’d have to talk during an operation like this.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt][member="Morgan E. Longstreet"][/SIZE]

Last of the Southern Gentlebeings
Waiting. For a soldier, it was always the hardest part. As he smoked the cigar, leaned up against the AAT, he knew his Colonel was facing the same frustrations. Lack of use of heavy weapons was making this drag into a delaying action. She was gathering what forces she could, trying to make a solid plan in an ever changing field of battle. Something drastic had to be done, or it would just turn into a quagmire.
Think Morgan, Think. What insane scheme would the Maker have come up with in an attempt to save everyone or scare everyone into
submission?
As he thought about it, a vague plan began to form in the depths of his mind, and he put pieces into play. He wasn't sure how it would work out yet, but....

Morgan? It's been awhile. How have you been?” A voice echoed from somewhere outside his mind. He had been so focused his sensors barely even registered the man talking to him. A twi'lek, yellow, lekku wrapped around him. Mind raced for the answer. Morgan pushed himself from the AAT and saluted the man. “Detective Fritz. It's been a couple of years. I'm well. How are you? How are your kids? Is everyone safe?”

The Twi'lek paused for a moment. “Actually, it's why I came to find you as soon as I heard you had been deployed you. How is Jazzy?” Morgan's mind raced and it began to dawn on him. “No...they are in there?” The man nodded. “Yes, Asiira and Eva are in there. It's where their school is. They are trapped inside it. I have a few men holding the line. When you guys first showed up it put pressure on them, forced them back. But, it's a waiting game...and I fear.” Detective Fritz looked desperate. Morgan could sympathize, if anything had happened to his Jasmine, how much of the city would he have torn apart to get to her side? But Fritz was mortal, flesh and blood, one man, trying desperately to save a city, while his mind could only think of his loved ones trapped in it.

Fritz had been one of the first beings in the universe to treat him as a sentient creature. He had given Morgan respect, trust, they had relied on one another and taken down a drug ring on the planet, protected his kids from that sort of influence. It had been the point in time Morgan had realized he could live with honor, live as someone his kid could look up to. And here he was, desperate.
“Please...Morgan, I beg you. I know how strong you are. If anyone c-can get them out of there, it's you. I know you can do it. Please. I need you, Morgan, I can't do this alone.”
Zolan_CISDiv.png

In small apartment on Geonosis, his hands wrapped around a datapad, Morgan stopped and took a deep breath in. This was heavy. Orders had been to hold the line, but, should a father's wishes be dismissed so easily? From behind him, the softest, most beautiful voice in the galaxy rang out. “Daddy? You 'kay?” The pitter patter of small feet on wood laminated floors could be heard, and the most adorable little head popped into view. “Hehe. You 'kay?” The little four year old was a mirialan, with lovely deep green skin, dark brown hair, and large purple eyes. A gloved hand reached out and caressed the little one's cheek. “There is a daddy, asking for my help. His little girl's are lost, and I'm not sure I can reach them. And I don't know what to do, Jazzy. But I'm okay. I promise.”

She shook her head, long brown hair going all over as she laughed and giggled. “Daddy! Silly! You are the best! You can save 'em! Just like you saved me. Right? You are amazing.” If he had a heart, it would ache in that moment, and burst with such joy. As it was, whatever was actually in him already did. Two of his arms wrapped around the little girl and pulled her close. “I don't know what I would do without you Jazzy. You make it seem so simple. I love you.”

The little one puffed out her green cheeks, then mde a loud. “PFFFFT” sound, before she burst out into a giggle fit. “Love you!” No father should go without their children if it could be helped. His orders stood, he had to obey them. However.

Daddy is going to be quiet for a bit, Jazzy my gooba. Go watch the holo for a bit, okay?” The girl hopped down and twirled about, before she pattered back over to the holo. “KAY!” Focus, this would be difficult. He had to concentrate all bodies. The unit went into standby, and the server on Geonosis began to process a massive amount of information and sent it through the holonet to the body back on Chommell Minor.

Zolan_CISDiv.png

Above the planet, a large drop ship carrying artillery, and various droids began to move towards the planet. In the cockpit of the drop ship, Morgan sat, fiddling with the controls. “Going to have to time this perfectly.” Fingers grasped the yolk, and pushed the ship towards the city at a slow pace. Five minutes, they had five minutes to get this right. Any longer than that, and their window of success went down tremendously.

Zolan_CISDiv.png

On the ground, Morgan looked at the detective. The man placed a hand on his friend's shoulder. “You saved me, once upon a time. I swear to you, I will do the same.” A hand reached up into the air, and four of the grounded droid fighters leaped into the air, folding themselves into fighter configuration. Morgan's sight went a little blurry, as his mind spread out between the four of them.

Initializing Shard program. Injecting. Program successfully loaded. Direct Link established.
Out of the vocabulators of the four, a deep rumbling voice called out. “Direct Control Initiated.” With that, the small task force of fighters shot into action, moving full speed down the streets, hugging the ground. Laser cannons burst forth as they ran into enemy groups pushing towards the barricades. Mobile turrets exploded, and gang members scattered as charred remains hit the ground. The fighters rolls out of the way of incoming blaster cannon fire. The flextubes open up, firing balls of plasma at them. They explode gloriously, taking out the blaster cannon nests and continuing on their way.

Back at the barricade, Morgan called the Colonel. He spoke in Cheunh. “Colonel, this is Second Lieutenant Longstreet, Artillery will be set up in five minutes. Clearing landing zone. Barricade is still holding. Requesting permission to push forward.” It was a little broken, languages were not his specialty, however, it was passable.

[member="Keva"]

Blueberry flavored Sith
The plan moved rather smoothly, fundamentally these gangers would offer us next to nothing in terms of real resistance. One any sort of armor arrived they would be utterly annihilated. Alas, that would’ve involved most of the surrounding infrastructure as well, orders had been explicit and now collateral had to be minimized without losing easy victory.

[SIZE=11pt]Watching the arrival, Keva clicked a few more times to her datapad before setting it aside as the droid talked to her, thankfully in Cheunh to save time. She had grown less repulsed by the machines these days, the smarter ones were occasionally more bearable than the metal chaff that made up her armies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Giving a short and stark nod of thanks, even broken Cheunh was helpful enough. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Hold position. We will shell them and see if they learn the errors of their way. If they deny we eradicate them, no survivors.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Vicious as ever. About the reputation Keva had built up for herself in the Confederacy these days,[/SIZE]

[member="Morgan E. Longstreet"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom