Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Thread Reactions

I never really understood the whole passive-aggressive thing with reactions.

I enjoy the system, and depending on the writer I'm threading with, sometimes my reactions can be more IC-based than OOC. It's these circumstances in which I've really only used the emojis like the angry reaction, not my response, but Balun's, for a bit of an inside joke with the other writer.

Personally, if there's an issue with passive aggression or similar behaviours, I think it's more a matter of personal attitude than a fault with the system.
 

Kitter Bitters

Creator of the Bitterverse
I also am weird and get subconscious if I add too many “loves” or if it’s just a small comment and I “love it” because I never want people to think I’m stalking them or just being like aww wow you wrote a sentence, that’s all I think you are capable of so “love!”

Sometimes when a thread is already a few pages in and I’m reading to join it feels odd to love every post as well. You log on and see 10 love reacts from this Kitter person and might be like wow okay stalker get a life.

I never mean any of my reacts badly though ever. I genuinely feel wow, uh what, love, like, anger etc.
 
I also am weird and get subconscious if I add too many “loves” or if it’s just a small comment and I “love it” because I never want people to think I’m stalking them or just being like aww wow you wrote a sentence, that’s all I think you are capable of so “love!”

Sometimes when a thread is already a few pages in and I’m reading to join it feels odd to love every post as well. You log on and see 10 love reacts from this Kitter person and might be like wow okay stalker get a life.

I never mean any of my reacts badly though ever. I genuinely feel wow, uh what, love, like, anger etc.
People do use reacts passive aggressively, the same way people texting or reacting to media on the web use emoji passive aggressively. We used to have a cringe react that people used for it, then when that was taken away, the like reaction became the new cringe reaction.

Personally, it makes me think of my parents and old people, when they send the giant thumbs up in response to a message. XD
 
Sometimes when a thread is already a few pages in and I’m reading to join it feels odd to love every post as well. You log on and see 10 love reacts from this Kitter person and might be like wow okay stalker get a life.

I if I wake up to a bunch of reacts from a single person, my first instinct is to be tickled that I made binge-worthy content. It’s flattering!
 
b83cccf39989cd0c09e8ce4a919d7f83411fb92b.gifv
 
. . . sometimes my reactions can be more IC-based than OOC. It's these circumstances in which I've really only used the emojis like the angry reaction, not my response, but Balun's, for a bit of an inside joke with the other writer.

yes yes yes, I love IC reactions. getting sad and angry reacts from Efret's former fellow Jedi has been one of the best things about her fall to the Dark side haha
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom