Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This right here, is a come to Jesus moment

[member="Herodias Ren"] That vote was cast six months ago, and we've had time to see how this decision has played out over the course of several events. It hasn't worked. It's not about just this one invasion.

Here's the problem. While going all Lightside, we actually didn't do much to change our culture with this shift in alignment. From my perspective, we have more or less operated like how I found the SJO as the SSC at the time I was still in the GR. So then the rebranding was kind of pointless and ultimately harmful if we weren't going to make the necessary changes under the hood.

That said, we still had a decent amount of allies even going a few weeks back before the start of the invasion, but that was derailed by certain IC actions.

[member="Matsu Ike"] I'm tired of beating around the bush, so I'm going to address the elephant in the room. In your position of authority, you're having a pretty negative influence on the faction as a whole, repeating the same mistakes you did when I gave you some IC authority over the Republic Jedi Order. I'm not sure if you mean to come off as abrasive, but your behavior as of late has been pretty offputting to several members and they now refuse to post with us, especially after Voss. You are pretty discouraging of alternative views that challenge your notions about what a Jedi should be, while also being hypocritical in your own actions IC. Unless you're committed to improving your attitude, then I think it's best that you step down.

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Sorel Crieff"], you are honestly correct. The Silver Jedi is/was/is supposed to be hardliners. We were in legends canon, we were when we started and it maintained when we went back to our roots with the small added exception of darksiders being allowed if they were seeking redemption.

Most don't so they aren't around. I've rped with you since you got here and Matsu and Sorel got along so well because above all they would stick to the lightsie of the force and jedi way. With differences in it but never outright changing it to something else. Me and Guy/[member="Herodias Ren"] don't often agree on things we don't but I agree with him. and if we are both in some sort of agreement on things that says something

You have chosen the path that isn't quick and easy and requires a need for more cooperation between the writers. Is it going to be good? Questionable. It is going to be popular? As you can see from this not really. You are a skilled and smart rper who works to make things for everyone be better or at least enjoyable.

So you are going o get heat and sadly if you leave from this it will weaken the pro lightsiders in the faction. Something we need more of. Having me be one of your supporters and staff likely makes the heat worse. I don't like to compromise on the darksider issue either and would prefer the jedi serve the lightside by all means.

It will cost members more then likely, ooc it will likely break treaties that are vague and usually based on buddies. You can't help that, I can't help that being a hardliner means people will dislike me or that as Arisa said "because of you people refuse to rp with us" I can't help that, hell stepping down wouldn't really change that.

So I support you and your vision of the faction as one of the senior members who is active. Thurion and Coci supported you as well because of your IC stance. The others who voted for you to the position honestly if they felt like this should have done a little research to know the stance of the potential grandmaster.

We aren't going to be popular, the faction has faced that before, changing stance from silver to sanctum where we drifted directionless to silver again has been different. We have gotten some new members who brought plenty and we have lost members who went off to do their own things and different. It hasn't failed nor has it been a major success.

So don't give up yet, you told me you have some major announcements and ideas planned. Show them, lets get them out there and presented. See if it excites the members. THis is an issue that won't be solved in a day as both sides are set and dug in. Best thing I would recommend Sorel is show you have more ideas and ways to help the faction beyond this.

Do what is true to your character, others will do the exact same thing always and amazingly you can do for the faction. We are jedi, so work with the jedi to make the faction better and more a symbol of the lightside of the force. Make it appealing in spite of it not being liberal and open. It is possible to do and the worse that can come from it is being told you are being too much of a jedi.

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Glad to see the debate - plus all of the conversations on Discord etc.

It's clear I am in the wrong, and the sooner I am replaced the better.

I'll write the IC departure consistent with the character's ideals.

I will NOT change the character to suit someone else's idea of how a Faction should run, nor do I suggest anyone changes to my viewpoint. Majority rules, just as it should for a Major Faction.

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

I am truly sorry that it has to come to this, Sorel. I know Coci and I are the last people who want to see you step down, but if that is how you feel then so be it. :(

I also don't want this whole mess to come between us on a personal level, and if at all possible I personally would very much like you to stay in the faction. :)

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
If I could stay IC, I wouldn't be stepping down. I don't seem to be making myself clear, do I?

And this will be my last post on the subject.

As for an IC departure, too much has been said on Discord about me (and subsequently shared with me) for me to RP an exit with grace.

So thanks for the fun whilst it lasted :)

[member="Sorel Crieff"] It's a shame to see you go. I'm not going to lie, people were not happy with the decisions you made regarding participation in the invasion. If there was anything Ill said about you on discord, it was because we didn't understand why you were burning bridges with established allies. Like the Iron Empire. You were present at the treaty thread for that. You've worked with Dark Jedi while the SJO was still the SSC. Perhaps not directly, but as part of the same organization. Just seeing that you've already gone down that route, it was odd seeing you push them away. Outside of that, no one has any issue with you and would be fine with you staying on.

Take care. I hope you'll come back.

[member="Matsu Ike"] Well at least we know you're still lurking Discord.

[member="Sorel Crieff"] I am sorry to see that you are going to be stepping down as well as leaving the faction IC. I alsways enjoyed seeing what craziness you would come up with next. I can understand why you made the decision you have, and admittedly I am not on the SJO discord so I can't comment on that. Take it easy and hope to see ya around. Thank you for all you have done for the SJO.

I admit I have no idea what is going on.

Though if event direction is a problem, maybe we should change things and make things make more sense. Having been here a while I have noticed planet take overs and events are just mini stories that seem like snap shots, but don't always have IC reason. I think it wise to work together and develop a story that links it all together. So when we go for a planet it is because it is in the story.

Vague I know, but just a start.

This seems as good of a place to say it. I now read everything on here, talked to outside factions, and talked to members on Discord. After all that I believe I will be following Sorely IC and OOC. If it suits people I would like to explain myself, if not, please don't read on I guess.

When I made this character I made her with a simple foundation, to be a light side Jedi. My goals were a bit silly in that I modeled her after a young Ccrvus Raaf. With the Republic gone the Silver Jedi was the only place that this could be done. I have watched and even been apart of the original Silver Jedi faction for years. I have seen the ups and downs, but what drew me was who the Silver Jedi were originally. They were members of the Jedi Order who held all those ideals with only one difference: to not sit on the side line, but to take the fight to the Dark Side without haste.

This is the Silver Jedi I remember, but let's be honest, things evolve. What we have now vs what was there originally are vastly different and in my opinion contradicting. I was informed this was the heavenshield's plan the whole time. I do not believe myself close to them, but I find this statement not to reflect what they originally made. Having said that, I would like to pause here a moment and mention I have no I'll will to you guys. In honesty the only person I had a problem with left behind Sorel so that is my take there.

For Lynn I had always wanted her to grow here then seal out to try to rebuild the Republic. It seems my plans are changing since I can not see her allying with Dark siders and personally do not see that as a wise move for the faction. Having talked to other factions they agree that this faction doing that is out of character and makes things look jumbled, but rumors and gossip are not my intentions, merely to see I wasn't the only one viewing it that way.

As said, I love you guys and no ill feelings, but Lynn's path moves away from the Silvers. Maybe she will still rebirth the Republic, who knows. I mean republic under corvus and before lol.

[member="Lynn Nantaris"]

Just to be clear, we're still a Light Side faction. We're just open to working with Dark Siders as a matter of necessity. The simple fact of the matter is that we need the help of the likes of the Iron Empire, and the Tygyran Alliance/Fire Order (a group that includes several Dark Jedi, if you weren't aware) to help withstand the onslaught of the Sith. Also, we've been taking a more active role in assisting the Galactic Alliance against the First Order and their Sith allies, the same Sith who keep attacking us.

It's unfortunate that you will be parting ways with the SJO, good luck wherever you may land.

[member="Elia Lucatiel"]

If you want to comment on that, Lynn doesn't know that. She is there because her Father took her to meet Sio to learn light side alchemy.

Lynn doesn't know about the actual order of Fire, she is still young and naive. Here she avoided the Dark siders and was strongly against it, but straight up allying with former One Sith is not something she would do. What is good for her is not bad for this faction, just doesn't align.

[member="Arisa Yune"]

I am aware, Lynn is not, but she is not in the order of fire, she is only there to meet sio with her father.

Isamu Baelor

Protector of The Iron Realm
Lynn Nantaris said:
but straight up allying with former One Sith is not something she would do.
*Former One Sith who actively undermined the faction, stopped genocides, killed more Sith than anyone else, protected their people, etc

Please don't brush every character with the same brush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom