Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This Ain't Juno(Avalore)

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana sat within the central plaza of the Jedi Temple on Cato Neimoida, her favorite place in the galaxy. There was a sling around her shoulder containing her left arm and bandages covering her from head to head, bacta squirmed beneath them working feverishly to heal her wounds. She sat upon a small wall surrounding a large garden with flowers and plants of all sorts, the smell of the flowers drifted to her nostril with slow lazy gusts of winds.

It pleased Diana to be relaxing here.

Since Ossus she hadn't really been the same physically. Her mind was still perfectly in tact but her body had been thoroughly broken by the Sith Master known as Mikhail Shorn. Her bones were only now recovering even after entire days spent in the bacta rank and the cuts and wounds she had endured still lingered open. The worst was the one dealt to her on her shoulder, the Deveronian-Blood Poison had done much damage to her, and more than half the nerves inside of her shoulder were now dead because of it.

In the end it had all been worth it of course, Diana had won a moral victory and that was enough for her.

Of course the aftermath of the whole thing had not been so clear. Diana had been so completely and utterly broken that she hadn't been able to escape herself, she had instead been aided by a young Padawan by the name of Avalore.

The redheaded Jedi only found this out days after the fact and since then she had been aching to meet the person that had quite literally dragged her out of the fire. Now she had the opportunity, and she waited patiently for the apprentice to show her face, unaware of the...complications Avalore carried.

Cato Nemoidia was not a planet Avalore Eden was familiar with, which came as no surprise really. Her life of travel past the cityscapes of Corellia had only begun a relatively short time ago - six months to be more or less exact. Given the time period, however, she'd been to many places and seen more things than she might've imagined. Some of the more abundantly memorable ones were not necessarily due to positive impressions and she was fairly certain that next to the nightmare that had been Coruscant only a week after being accepted into the Jedi Academy, Ossus came in as a close second.

She tried not to think about the visions or the fear that had overwhelmed her, instead she focused on the numerous beratings she'd received after she'd been found out.

Her Master, Jedi Knight Mark Stakiller, had left two weeks ago after Tython on a mission and gone missing. And so, sequestered to the Academy on Corellia, the young Padawan had grown dreadfully tired of being cooped up and feeling utterly useless. So, naturally, when word reached her very sensitive ears that Healers were needed on Ossus she'd jumped at the chance.

...only to be soundly quelled of that possibility by Master SiVuRa and Master Ruan.

But they just didn't understand how intolerable cabin fever was when you were six months pregnant.

Somehow she'd managed to board a ship. Somehow she'd managed to get deployed on the front lines. Somehow she'd found herself entangled with watching a Jedi Knight duke it out with a Sith Master without pissing herself.

And then, somehow, she'd managed to leap to that Jedi Knight's rescue and carry her off the battlefield, rotundus bellius and all. Her robes were baggy on purpose, gee.

I've heard stories about the overwhelming maternal instinct that kicks in to women when a child is in mortal peril, giving them the strength of Wonder Woman on her period after a healthy does of roids. Apparently this happens even if the woman has never squeezed out a kid herself. I'm convinced it's not maternal instinct, it's feturnal instinct, because I did things that shouldn't be physically possible. Utterly Bollywood. I wonder if the Council has considered this phenomenal cosmic power - maybe they should impregnate all the Jedi women. The galaxy wouldn't stand a chance.

Avalore stood at the edge of stone steps, looking down the garden path at the woman she'd pulled from death and wondering what her best approach should be. The attending Jedi Masters had insisted on properly fitted robes now that the charades were over, so yet again she was a waxing moon on stilts, the obvious elephant in the vicinity of all that was holy, just, and Jedi. Maybe if she walked backwards.

There's a thought.

Avalore descended the steps, turned on her heels, and made her way to the woman on the wall arse-first, watching over her shoulder before coming to a stand several feet away.

"Hello," she began, looking at Diana over that same shoulder with her back to the Knight, "you're looking...better." Avalore smiled real friendly-like, intent on making a good first coherent impression.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana blinked as she saw the girl approach, not quite sure what she was doing or why she was doing it. The Redhead narrowed her eyes slightly but chose not to comment on the strange act that the girl was putting on. Instead she forced herself to her feet, climbing off the wall almost sluggishly so and waddling over to Avalore with her shattered leg. It was an interesting sight if one looked at it from the side, the Broken Jedi Knight and the pregnant Teenage Padawan, though Diana didn't yet know about the last part.

“Thanks to you.” Diana said in retort to the girls comment. If it had not been for Avalore Diana would now likely be a rotting corpse on Ossus, likely she would have drowned in a large puddle or been stepped on by some Sith. The Padawan however had rescued her, though Diana still clung to the thought that if it had not been for her another Jedi would have done so.

Solidarity of Jedi and all that.

“I was told you were the one that carried me from the ruins.” Diana spoke again as she approached the girl, her gait still quite odd due to her injured leg. Finally however she managed to reach the young Jedi, still not commenting on her strange antics. “I cannot express how grateful I am.”

Avalore's smile became genuine as she quietly watched the other woman approach, straining a bit when she got closer because...well, one can only turn their head so far. There was some concern in her expression as she looked Diana over, but she wasn't going to batter the Knight with it. Avalore was all-too-familiar with being worried over and if she didn't like it, she was sure a Jedi Knight liked it even less.

"Hey, you know, no problem or anything," she waved a hand dismissively over her shoulder with a light shrug, "just...doing my Jedi duty and all. Couldn't very well leave you there ... in the mud," she was smiling still, trying to keep things cheerful, which as she thought about it and looked at Diana's expression seemed to be a pretty perilous attempt.

"I'm Avalore Eden," an introduction seemed right, "Padawan to Jedi Knight Mark Starkiller," who was supposed to be on Corellia at the moment, but she left that part out.

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana craned her neck slightly to try and see around Avalore's front, growing slightly suspicious that perhaps the Jedi padawan was hiding something. She frowned slightly, but then quickly gave up when she began to speak again. She nodded along with her statements, smiling slightly as she made Diana's rescue sound like it was no big deal at all.

Of course the entire incident had been the opposite of that. Avalore had gone behind enemy lines, searched through a field of ruins, and dragged Diana for a few miles back to an escape ship. It was no small feat and if Diana dictated these things Avalore would already have a plethora of medals to hang in her room. Of course the Jedi Knight had no authority in that, but it was the thought that counted in instances like this.

“I'm sorry to say i've never heard of him.” Diana said as Avalore mentioned the name of her Jedi Master. She blinked a few times in surprise however, realizing it was rather strange to her not knowing a Jedi Masters name.

Then she shook herself slightly, getting a smile on her face and letting it reach her eyes. Diana stuck out her hand in greeting. “I'm Diana.”

Avalore hadn't thought quite that far ahead, but something as innocent as a handshake never did give her pause. She turned without even thinking to take Diana's hand and shake it, smiling brightly and fully exposing her noticeably protrusive midsection.

"I saw the whole thing," she remarked, and at that very moment realized that Diana was also seeing the whole thing, "...uh," she glanced down at herself quickly before looking back up, "ahaaa I had a big lunch, these Jedi robes are so unflattering."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana's left eyebrow immediately shot up in what could only be called absolute surprise, followed quickly by her right one. She looked at the girls stomach, then to her face, then back at her stomach. Avalore made some sort of excuse but Diana could immediately tell the lie the woman told. Her smile turned into a look of confusion, then a frown, then one of slight anger.

She went through all the phases of understanding. Avalore was a girl with a small frame, she had a large belly. Logic dictated that if she were just fat she would also have a chubbier face and extremities, therefore according to the brief few things Diana had learned in Jedi Sexual Education class Avalore was actually pregnant with a living being of some sort. As that thought struck her another one did as well, Avalore had saved her only days ago, and unless her spawn had somehow mutated in those last three days and grown proportionally large...well then she had been pregnant when she saved Diana.

“YOU'RE PREGNANT!” Righteous indignation burned across Diana's face and she couldn't help but wince slightly as her wounds throbbed.

She was angry however, this girl had risked the life of not only herself, but her unborn child! “You risked your life, and your child's for me!”

Clearly it was not praise.

Avalore momentarily recalled the story of a girl named Juno as she watched the scene before her unfold. But this wasn't the time or place for a discussion about holofilms.

She stood there, a bedraggled Padawan burnout, wincing from the glare of the sun. Before her the object of her rapt attention: the battered Jedi Knight, formerly abandoned for dead in the middle of some lonesome field.

This is the most magnificent discarded Jedi Knight I've ever seen.

Avalore couldn't take her eyes off the woman. Somehow Diana's shock and horror had woken the Padawan up to her curiosities other than her injuries. How she'd managed to miss the facial tattoos was beyond her. Medics call it tunnelvision. Avalore's father would have called it something a bit more crude.

She smiled faintly.

"Oh, yeah," Avalore looked down at herself, swaying her robes from side to side just a bit, "I prefer to call it working with a sidekick. Really, your rescue was all it's idea. The sidekicks always have the good ones."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana was seething now. Anger raced across her face and if she didn't know any better she would have smacked the girl so hard in the face her baby would have fallen out. She wanted to scream, she wanted to yell, she wanted to lock this girl in a room and never let her out until the human parasite within her was expelled from her body. The Jedi Knight was absolutely furious, and yet she couldn't think of anything to do.

Truth was Avalore had saved her life, by putting her own in danger.

Diana let out a cold breath filled with rage and anger. She had half a mind to simply walk away from this girl before even doing anything else. She simply could not understand the mindset, the recklessness of it all. Finally after a full minute of silence and Diana's face returning to a normal shade of white she poke, icy calm in her voice. “You shouldn't have done that.”

She couldn't say anything else, she was far too angry.

"Hey, you know, maybe I shouldn't have."

She definitely shouldn't have, all of her attending nurses, Knights, and Masters agreed. In the back of her mind she knew it, too. Hindsight was irritatingly awesome.

"Nobody else did or would. That's not what my Master taught me to do. He says inaction is the bane of the Jedi Council's existence."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana let out another sigh, she knew the girl was right. Of course some other Jedi likely would have come to her eventually, but at that point it likely would have been too late. She slowly turned away from the girl and wandered back to the stone wall, sitting down upon it and resting her leg. She looked at Avalore and then patted the stone wall next to her, signaling that the girl should have a seat.

The Jedi was still angry, but she couldn't fault the girl for taking action. Diana had done the same against Velok, Against Karin, hell against the Sith she had fought on Ossus.

She couldn't help but understand the girl, even if she was a complete idiot

“I understand.” Diana finally said as a gust of wind pushed through the Temple Area. She herself had run out of the Jedi Order due to their inaction, she probably understood better than anyone what that was like. “Where is your Master now?”

She didn't add 'And why the hell didn't he stop you from going to Ossus'.

Smile gone, Avalore sighed and chewed the inside of her cheek while she waited judgement from the oddly angry Jedi. She was like watching a swan have a fit over a duck - curiously engaging. At the invite Ava moved to join her, belly leading the way, and carefully took a seat with her hands at her middle. She propped a leg out, realizing suddenly how tired and swollen her feet felt.

She was still a bit sore from that run through enemy lines and, you know, dragging Diana back, though she'd come out of the deal in much better condition.

"He's uh, he's out," she picked at her robes, the off-white inner shirt working real hard to contain that belly, "on a mission. He was only supposed to be gone a few days. He left almost two weeks ago. They won't tell me nothin'," Ava gave a sniff, a flat frown pulling at her face, "the Masters back on Corellia I mean."

Cedric Dorn

C
She frowned slightly, she hadn't heard of her master before, nor had she heard of any secret missions from the council. Of course she wasn't privy to all of them, but usually Daella and Diana were clued in on these types of things. She frowned slightly and bit the inside of her lips, slightly concerned for her new Padawan friend. Diana thought for a few moments, looking towards the flowers behind them and then back at the pregnant girl.

“I'm guessing your training has not really progressed since...” Diana stared at Avalore's stomach, hinting at the obvious.

She wanted to piece together this girls story, perhaps if she knew more about her she would be less inclined to smack her once she was no longer pregnant.

"Oh, I still do things. You know, classes and humanitarian runs and things that don't require me to go all Super MacGuff."

Avalore tried at a smile again, glancing up at Diana for a moment, "I've done a lot of training with the Healers at the Jedi Temple on Corellia. Astronomy, star system navigation, Force techniques. My Master tried me at lightsaber before I turned into a planet, but I was all bananas there. Dropped the practice saber on his foot."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana let out a soft chuckle. Of course, everyone was terrible with a lightsaber at first try. Even she had been just awful at it when Darron had given her her first practice saber. Now of course the tale was quite the opposite, Diana was one of the foremost weapon masters of the Jedi Order and was in line to be the Blademaster.

"I see." Diana said quietly, and then smiled. "Did you heal me as well?"

She was well aware of how bad her injuries had been, and she had required several healers to get her to this point. She wanted to know just how much Avalore had done for her.

"I may have patched you up a bit," the bacta patches really had done a fair amount of surface work. Avalore recalled applying tourniquets and setting splints to keep the woman viable and in one peace before making the long trudge back across enemy lines into friendly-land.

She shrugged, "but I haven't quite made it to Uber-black-belt-level-100-Healer stage yet. I'm gettin' there," she nodded, looking rather self-assured, "you know, can't advance too quickly or they start freaking out and calling you a prodigy."

Cedric Dorn

C
Diana chuckled again slightly, the girl was amusing she had to give her that. Diana smiled slightly, and nodded at the girl as if she knew exactly what she was talking about. Of course Diana didn't exactly know, because she was by no means a prodigy of any sorts, she had always had to practice at the things that she did. Things had never really come naturally to her.

"I have no skill in healing i'm afraid." Diana said with a slight smile and a chortle. "I've always been more gifted in Saber combat. Not everyone can be a prodigy."

She said it almost jokingly, as if her anger had been forgotten.

A simple expression of kinship formed on Avalore's face. Finally, she'd managed to find a Jedi who wasn't good at everything.

That was a rare thing these days, it seemed.

She nodded and the pair sat in silence for several minutes, enjoying the sun and the sights and smells of the garden. Birds chirping, breezes blowing, belly gurgling.

Uuuurrrrrrrrglrglr.

"Wizard, McPuff," she patted at her roundness, "good idea." With a grunt and a bit of effort she pushed herself up. Large wonder that was such a monumental task yet she'd managed to heave Diana across a battlefield. Arching her back, belly rotund and protruding, she looked to the Knight, "You hungry? I could eat my weight in grilled cheese right about now."

Cedric Dorn

C
“Not really no.” Diana's anger had pretty much quelled any hunger she might have had. There was also the fact that in her fight with the Sith on Ossus her entire body had been crushed and her esophagus had been constricted. Because of this she had difficulty eating right now and was on more of a liquid diet. Still she could watch the girl eat, and perhaps seeing someone else consume food would be good for her. “But I'll watch you eat.”

She rose from her place on the wall with a little bit of her struggle, her leg sending an ache down her spine. She frowned slightly and then looked at the girls belly as she rubbed it.

“How far along are you?” Diana found this extremely strange. Avalore was not much younger than Diana herself, perhaps a year or two total and yet she was pregnant. Diana couldn't even imagine such a thing, carrying around a small person inside of her. The thought made her shudder from her to toe, she didn't want a parasite feeding off of her.

Slowly she began to walk in the direction of the Cafeteria, it was quite a journey.

"Just hit the six month mark," Avalore walked steadily at Diana's side. There was no rush, despite her cravings. She was beginning to waddle more than she walked anymore and Diana wasn't moving too fast either. What a pair they made.

"They did an ultrasound after I arrived from Ossus, you know, to make sure all systems were go. It's still kickin' and turnin' and everything's good under the hood," her light expression turned into something casually dismissive, "gonna send me back to Corellia soon. Probably strap me to my bed now. I dunno what I'm gonna do if Mark never comes back," the girl sniffed, looking away and taking a moment to make sure Diana was OK on the stairs to wipe the sting of mist from her eyes. The subject of her missing Master was a touchy one, apparently. Her raging hormones didn't help with the emotional baggage either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom