Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private These are your first steps (Elias Edo)

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
rzNmn3v.png
The Svivren Jedi Enclave was a peaceful place, far smaller than the Jedi Temple of Coruscant and much more preferable to the Zeltron Boy who struggled with the innate ability to feel the emotions of others. Caedyn Arenais, his adopted father, had been teaching him how to build up a resistance to the emotions of people around Jaitre but it was still an ongoing struggle thanks to the racial traits of his people.

It made things difficult given his unusual position within the Jedi Temple on Mnemosyne, where Caedyn had instructed the Temple to support the boys learning by ensuring that he visits a variety of different Jedi locales and trains for a significant period of time with other members and organizations of the Jedi Order, to expand upon his learning from more than one source or world view. This was what had brought him to the Jedi Enclave on Svivren, the Outer Rim Territories and a member of the Rimward Trade League.

Today was day two of his being there, and after settling in and meeting so many new students and masters, it was now on Jaitre to make something good of all of this. Wearing his new Jedi Robes that he acquired from the Temple on Coruscant, Jaitre wandered the many corridors of the training wing, wanting to spectate some of the other students' activities and secretly gauge where he was at by comparison.

Wandering on into one of the dojo, a vast square-shaped room with a sparring mat filling the centre, Jaitre walked around the perimeter while two students sparred against one another with their lightsabers. There were two older Jedi, likely Masters who were observing alongside a line of younger students who would presumably take their turns on the sparring floor. Jaitre, not confident enough to join the group just yet, chose to isolate himself on a bench, watching with great interest in the duel.

Elias Edo Elias Edo

Tides of Change

Dbya2S1.png

Tags: Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais
At the Jedi enclave on SVIVREN...
DPFKiwm.png

FwssFXN.png
Dueling day, as Elias dubbed it, was going remarkably well.

Half a dozen Padawan Learners had already gone toe-to-toe in the dojo, sparring with one another to practice their skills and show off what they know for the small gathering of senior Jedi who'd come to size them up. A warm smile spread across Elias’ face as he recalled warm days in the sun on Genetia. Sparring with his classmates was always one of Elias' favorite exercises as a young Jedi, and seeing the next generation enjoy the very same was deeply satisfying. He watched with sharp eyes as the next pair stepped onto the mat. They bowed, ignited their lightsabers, and began their match. One of the Masters commented on the older Padawan's stature. Elias turned to share his thoughts, when he noticed a young boy he'd not seen before at the enclave.

"Pardon me, Master, but who is this one?" Elias asked with a subtle nod to the Zeltron sitting behind them. The wizened Master cast a brief backwards glance before supplying an answer.

"Oh, yes, that would be Padawan Lanabre-Arenais."

Elias' brow quirked up at the surname. "Arenais?" he repeated.

"Indeed."

"I've met a Caedyn Arenais before - here, at the enclave, actually."

The old man chuckled knowingly. "Then you've met Jaitre's father."

Elias looked over his shoulder, more noticeably this time, and offered the Padawan a friendly wave. Caedyn never mentioned a son before... how interesting. He watched the Padawans spar to completion, the older of the two claiming victory. When they were finished, the dreadlocked Genetian excused himself and approached Jaitre with a smile.

"Well hello there," he said. "Waiting for a sparring partner, or just watching the show?"

Last edited:

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
Approached by one of the older Jedi, presumably one of the Mentors in charge of overseeing the sparring activity, Jaitre would turn and bow in greeting to the Jedi Master Elias Edo Elias Edo . The first thing that he noticed was the absence of uncontrolled emotions alike the other students that the Zeltron boy was often affected by, whereas the Master was clearly trained in restraining and controlling his feelings.

"Just watching, thank you Master" Jaitre replied politely, not having any actual experience in sparring against other Padawan. He was more accustomed to using the training remotes, circular droids that fired low concussive blasts that students had to predict and defend against. Those, or the training droids that utilized shields to protect against any actual damage caused by the lightsaber.

"I'm a new exchange student from the Mnemosyne Temple" He provided some context to his being there on Svivren; "My training plan has been organized so that I visit and stay for a long time at each Jedi Temple or Enclave like this one. Something about learning from different people" he explained with a half smile.

Tides of Change

Dbya2S1.png

DPFKiwm.png

FwssFXN.png
"A very wise approach," Elias assured him. He noticed the half-smile. Jaitre didn't seem overly enthused about moving between the galaxy's Jedi sects, and truthfully, he couldn't blame the boy. It was daunting to say the least.

Leaving the New Jedi was one of Elias' toughest decisions, one he'd actually made twice, come to think of it. But he was a Knight the first time, and a Master the second. To leave everything behind so young... it must be hard. Not to mention confusing. Even for as practiced of a Jedi as Elias was, the swirling belief systems of the Coalition were sometimes hard to manage; The Jedi, Pilgrims, Wardens and Jesaarai were all Lightsiders in principle, but very, very different in practice.

"How long will you be with us here, on Svivren?" Elias questioned with a curious nod.

Last edited:

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
"To be honest, I don't know, sorry Master" Jaitre admitted while looking across the sparring mat. He had been told the details of his curriculum but frankly, it had all been so much to take in that he felt like he'd forgotten most of it. If not all of it. "I don't think it's really up to me, but whoever's in charge around here" he added after some thought and a little guesswork.

"My name's Jaitre by the way" he turned to look up to the Jedi Master, fishing for the name of Elias Edo Elias Edo . Like all of the Jedi, he seemed nice enough to try and include the young Zeltron in the activities of the Enclave, but it was hard to know for certain what people were really like when going on first impressions. In Jaitre's experience, trust hadn't exactly been obviously present in his life.

Much like his time on Coruscant, the first Jedi Temple that he had visited following his time on Mnemosyne, it was difficult to know how to get started here in the Svivren Enclave. Apparently, Caedyn Arenais was due to spend more time at the Enclave at some point in the near future, but Jaitre also didn't want to bother him. The relationship between him and Caedyn was still very much in the early stages and despite his adoption, much of Jaitre's time was spent among the Jedi rather than taking on a lot of personal one-on-one time with his adopted parent.

"How long have you been on Svivren?" he would soon ask, thinking that perhaps the Master might be able to offer him some advice.

Tides of Change

Dbya2S1.png

DPFKiwm.png

FwssFXN.png
"I'm Elias Edo," he supplied, sensing the Padawan's curiosity. "I've only been here a few weeks myself, but Svivren is a place I frequent rather often these days."

It was more pleasant than the swamps of Dagobah, but not quite as sprawling and well-traveled as the other larger enclaves. A perfect sweet spot, much like Bogano or Ossus. He was working diligently to include Svivren in the Jedi Coalition, and this sparring session today was one of what Elias hoped would be many collaborative ventures between them. Perhaps if Jaitre remained here for an extended period, he'd get to see what it's like when Lightsiders come together despite distance and practice. But his training framework seemed much less static.

"You know," Elias said, going back to Jaitre's length of stay, "I've always felt that the learning path is just as much dependent on the student as it is the teacher."

He smiled mischievously.

"What would you like to do here? What would you like to see?"

Last edited:

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
"I'm not really sure" Jaitre admitted, "I don't really know where to start. I've seen other students training and fighting each other with their lightsabers, but so far I've only used the probe droids" he explained his lack of experience, first with the lightsaber and then went on to talk about the force; "I also know even less about how to do some of the wizard things that Jedi are known to do. Use the Force and all that" he kept his eyes to the other students so to avoid eye contact with Elias Edo Elias Edo while admitting how little he could do as a Jedi Student.

"My adopted father taught me some things about the Force and the Jedi, but it wasn't how to do stuff. More about what the Jedi are and their job in the Galaxy. I wanted to know more but he said that I would learn from my tutors when the time was right. I'm not sure why he couldn't just show me but..." Jaitre shrugged a little, "He hasn't exactly been wrong so far, so I guess I just had to believe him". It was likely that Caedyn Arenais would have a much more mature and enlightened way of explaining his thoughts, but to the boy, it just seemed to be making him wait longer before learning all the cool exciting stuff that Jedi do in the Galaxy.

"I also met the Chief Healer on Coruscant, Master Serys-Organa. She was nice and taught me a bit about healing. I asked her because I figured you can't go wrong with learning how to help people when they needed it" he mentioned Amani Serys Amani Serys who he had approached at the Jedi Temple. He figured the two might know each other because they were both Masters of the Jedi, as if the Galaxy were that small.

"I do like playing around with tech-stuff. Taking things apart and seeing how they work. I don't know if Jedi do that sort of thing but Da' let me take apart one of his busted droids back home. I tried to make it work again, but it didn't" he admitted defeat in that particular matter, yet enjoyed the challenge all the same. The mention of "Da" was his way of saying Dad, as was Ma' for Mum. He wasn't sure if it was a cultural thing or something he picked up while in the social system of Zeltros but either way, it seemed normal to Jaitre.

Tides of Change

Dbya2S1.png

DPFKiwm.png

FwssFXN.png
Elias listened receptively as he heard the boy's qualms, all of which were perfectly normal. Not every Padawan expresses them so openly, but he felt that all young Jedi find themselves frustrated by the sometimes-unclear pacing of their training. Allowing his skills and abilities to develop naturally was exactly the approach he'd expect Caedyn Arenais to take, and one Elias himself was fond of as well. Pushing a Padawan too hard too fast only led to failure.

After all, they are children first and foremost. Elias clasped a firm hand on Jaitre's shoulder, hoping to pull the boy's eyes up to meet his.

"I understand your frustration," he said. "It's completely normal. Expected, even." He sighed, searching for the proper words. He didn't want to discourage the young Jedi, but he felt that Jaitre should have realistic expectations when it comes to his training. The Master lowered himself to sit beside his new friend.

"The path of a Jedi is not straight and narrow. And if you ask me, it never actually ends in a set destination. Training and learning are not finite practices. This path you're on, it is one that you'll travel for the rest of your life. Ups and downs, setbacks and shortcuts... you'll experience them all, and countless more in between." Elias looked off to the Padawans dueling, smiling as one landed a particularly well-placed strike against his sparring partner.

"I'd like to show you something," he said after a moment, raising to his feet and gesturing for Jaitre to accompany him.

Last edited:

Jaitre Lanabre-Arenais

J
Jaitre was glad to have the attention of a Master, who seemed both knowledgeable and compassionate towards the young Zeltron's thoughts and feelings about becoming a Jedi. It was relieving to feel as though he were expressing his own emotions, too, rather than feeding off the feelings of others around him, a benefit of Elias Edo Elias Edo 's emotional awareness and self-control.

"Yeah, I've been told being a Jedi is not easy. I don't know what will happen or what it will be like, but I don't have any other choice. I can use the Force, so I belong here more than I do anywhere else, as far as I can tell" he shrugged a little out of indifference. He didn't have many friends, all of whom were Jedi whom he had met so far in his training and getting to know the ways of the Jedi Order. Rahla Tis Rahla Tis , Loomi Loomi , and Lily Decoria Lily Decoria were all kind and calm. The only Jedi that he had so far made a real connection with.

Following Master Edo, Jaitre kept his eyes on the two sparring students. One of them landed a direct hit on the other, who gave a defeated grunt in response. Jaitre had expected them to have a severe cut or perhaps lose an arm, but instead, the boy seemed relatively unphased. Maybe a little frustrated, but otherwise unharmed. They were using Training Lightsabers like his own.

"Show me something?" he asked, glancing back to Elias Edo, "Like with sparring and stuff?".

Tides of Change

Dbya2S1.png

DPFKiwm.png

FwssFXN.png
"Not quite," Elias answered cryptically. He lead Jaitre away from the sparring ring and across the grassy plain adjacent to the enclave. On the other side sat the Calypso, the Jedi Master's rugged freighter.

It was a Kazellis-class, a crescent-shaped vessel with strong nautical influences in its shape and design. Elias had chosen it and its name for their reminiscence to his homeworld, Genetia, and its massive oceans.

"This," Elias said with pride, "is the Calypso. She's like a second home to me. I've spent countless hours in that cockpit, even more in the sleeping quarters and meditation chamber." Elias was a nomad, just like Jaitre's father. He couldn't bear to stay in the same place for too long. The wonders of the galaxy called to him like no other, and he couldn't resist answering.

"I want you to enjoy yourself today, Jaitre," the Master said with a smile. He nodded back toward the enclave. "Sparring day's a great way to meet new people, Padawans and Masters alike. Try your hand in a duel or two or run off and explore the grounds with the others. But don't feel like you have to make this place your home."

He turned to face the boy then, eyeing him with wise eyes.

"Svivren is a beautiful place with amazing people, but when you get jumpy and want to branch out, just let me know. The Calypso's always ready to see new horizons."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom