Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

These are the days we won't regret (Open to all)

He stayed still for a moment, realising there really was no other option. He obeyed. Though he still managed to threaten her. "You're going to regret this." he said nervously. He was clearly exhausted from everything that had gone on that day and didn't want to create any more trouble.
"I know who you are, you betrayed us."

[member="Ceska Starshield"]

Ceska grinned as she strapped herself into the pilot's chair after doing so with the male Padawan.

"I am going to regret this?," she laughed "We'll see about that."

After successfully clearing the docking bay, the small cargo ship began to rise out of the atmosphere at a gentle angle. A few moments of mild turbulence saw them break atmosphere into space. When he spoke up again, her her head snapped over to him and she glared murder at him.

"You know nothing, Padawan," she spat angrily "I betrayed no one. They were the ones who betrayed ME!"

She punched in coordinates harder than strictly needed into the nav computer.

"Now shut up."

The ship lurched into hyperspace....

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"]

[member="Fletcher Lorcan"][member="Fletcher Lorcan"][member="Fletcher Lorcan"]

Fletcher smirked, knowing he was annoying her by now. He decided to continue being cocky, despite her death glares. Leaning back in his seat, he put his hands behind his head before speaking. "Sure thing. You know, you don't get people to like you by forcing them onto your ship." he smiled and raised an eyebrow at her.

He watched her control the ship before putting his feet up casually. "So what's for dinner?"

Ceska didn't bother responding before unhooking her restrains and dissappearing into the back. She knew he wouldn't be dumb enough to mess with the nav controls in the middle of hyperspace. After all, it could dump them in the path of an oncoming ship or asteroid field if it didn't simply rip them apart. Emerging from the back a moment later, she threw a ration bar to him before taking a seat and unwrapping her own bar.

"I am not here to make friends. You're lucky I don't stab you and dump you out the airlock."

OOC: Oops, did not mean to tag you like 19 times.

"You're all talk and no action." he said as he unwrapped the ration bar and took a bite, smirking at her. She was a lot less intimidating now, no matter how much she threatened him.

"That was a good fight we had back there." he said, his mouth half full of food. "But I still think I'm better than you."

Fletcher smiled at her and rolled his eyes. After he finished eating, he looked at her. "So you're taking me to this planet because..." he asked suggestively, still not entirely sure why he was forced to come along.

OOC: Haha, it's okay

Ceska was very tempted to gut her captive here and now, the mouthy little bugger. However, they were still in Hyperspace but not much longer. That's what she told herself anyway; truly, she felt a great deal of inner conflict. He was right about his having done nothing, she had merely acted out of fear. Maybe if she had thought it out, this could have been avoided. As it was, she needed a new identity and Nar Shadda was the best place for that.

"I highly doubt that," she replied without turning her head "No Padawan could stand up to me in sparring."

That was not exaggeration, as even Knights had sometimes even found her a problem. However, experience won out as they rode out the storm with tight defense and beat her when she wore down. Her Djem So offense was formidable, but unfortunately not as long lasting as he wished.

"Since there's no point in hiding it, our destination is Nar Shadda. We will be out of Hyperspace in maybe ten minutes, and from there, not a lot longer. You will be left there, alive, but only if you shut up and play nice. Unlike on Calamari, your death won't provoke nearly as much attention, especially since I have credits."

Fletcher smirked at her again and shook his head, maybe he had met his match. He leaned back in his seat, staring at her as she spoke.

"Oh I bet I could." he replied.

"Wait, so you're bringing me along just to leave me on some planet somewhere?! How am I supposed to get back?" he asked, his voice edged with annoyance and anger. She had just brought him along somewhere and he had no chance of getting back any time soon and telepathy wouldn't work at such a long range.

He sighed in frustration and put a hand to his face.

"You should feel lucky you're alive."

She glared at him before turning back to the nav computer.

"Coming out of Hyperspace...now." She said.

The stars turned from a blur into more solid pinpricks as they left Hyperspace a few hundred kilometers from Nar Shadda.

"How you get back is your own concern, Padawan." Ceska replied as she laid a course in for the Spaceport of Shadda.

"As I said, I could have easily fought you off. I just wasn't going to kill you, you know since Jedi are against killing the innocent and all... though you are hardly as innocent as you look."

He frowned and folded his arms. "That's hardly fair, you can't strand me on a planet for self defence? What was I supposed to do? I tried to disarm you!"

"I have never claimed to be anything." she replied quietly, distantly.

After letting out a sigh she said,

"We are almost there. When we get there, I am sure you will find a way out. Nar Shadda is full of possibilities."

She smiled grimly as she said the last part.

"Do you have a tenancy to kidnap, or is it something they teach you?" he asked jokily.

He was still quite laid back despite her numerous threats.

"I've never been to Nar Shadda before. Is it bad?" he asked, genuinely curious now. He had heard rumours about it being crime infested and filthy, though he had never been himself. He learned forwards to look at it.

Ceska didn't reply at first, occupied as she was with piloting the craft into the atmosphere of the planet. The navigation systems suggested several likely courses to the docking bays and she selected the one with highest probability of success. It was then that she turned to him and replied.

"Taking you was necessary, you knew too much," she replied finally "Nar Shadda is...rough...especially without credits."

In truth she did not know much more about the planet than he, merely having acquired rumour and heresy. According to what was said, here she could find what he was looking for...for a fee.

"Knew too much?! It's not like I've forgotten it. Nothing has changed between when we left and now." he sighed. "I'm going to turn you in to the Jedi council." he said threateningly, though he meant it.

Then he frowned and got up from his seat. "I don't have any credits." he said, which was true apart from a minimal amount that would barely be useful.

"Don't push your luck," she growled "As for credits, maybe some Hutt will hire you on. Some like pretty boys, I'm told."

She smiled a sinister smile at him as she said that. She could only imagine being a play things for one of those...slugs. The very thought almost caused her to shudder.

"Report me, if you want. By the time you do, I won't exist as they knew me."

They had begun to descend into the atmosphere of Nar Shadda, encountering the inevitable mild turbulence.

"Oh no, please don't leave me alone here..." he pleaded, a look of concern on his face.

By now he had given up trying to threaten her and instead tried to reason with her. He didn't particularly want to venture this unfamiliar, evidently dangerous place, by himself.

"I was supposed to be back by now..." he muttered.

Starshield laughed cruelly at his desperation, at his sudden bravado dying so abruptly.

"I could leave you floating in a sewer, if you want."

She stopped talking as she came into the docking bay, focusing on the intricacies of landing. After requesting, and being granted, landing she exited the small ship with her temporary captive. She made the customary bribes of the very discreet officials who pocketed the credits with oily smiles. Ceska frowned at her rapidly shrinking number of credits, but she knew she had some questionable cargo she might unload here for yet more ready cash. She turned to the Padawan and spoke.

"This is where we part ways," she said neutrally "You should contact your Master, if you want out of here."

Pausing for a moment, she handed him some credits.

"This will be enough to hold you over for a few days. Probably not luxuriously, but...the Hutts are always hiring..."

She trailed off with a laugh as she turned and strode off through the spaceport, out to Nar Shadda's streets.

"You would do no such thing." he said angrily.

He folded his arms and glared at her. "How am I supposed to contact her? I don't even know where this place is."

He stared at the credits for a moment before looking at her incredulously. "I'm not going to work for some... criminal! I-" his voice trailed off, watching as she strolled away, as he scowled in frustration.

"You're on Nar Shadda," she said as she looked over her shoulder "Tell your Master to find you at the space port. You may even live long enough to see her again."

She smiled, and not a warm one, as she continued to walk away. Ceska was free of him, now, and she had even extended him a small mercy in handing him some credits. Without those, he would probably have starved to death if not outright had his throat slit when he couldn't afford a tiny cubicle to sleep within. That much she knew, that here on Nar Shadda, Hutts were Kings but credits were Gods.

Ceska stopped, feeling a pang of guilt and remorse. It really wasn't his fault he was here, she knew. She berated herself for weakness, after all, he was one of the Jedi. Surely he had been given more than enough mercy. Sighing, the former Padawan turned and walked back to where he stood like a lost puppy.

"Fine. I will do you a favour and show you where you can call your Master and where to wait for her without getting knifed in the back."

Fletcher stared after her, not knowing what to do or how to react. Was this place really that bad? He didn't want to wait long enough to find out. There was no way to contact his master, nothing he had would permit that. He would have to find another way to get in contact with her.

He said nothing to her, not sure whether to be grateful or angry. First she had dumped him on this planet, then offered him help. She must have been delusional.

Shooting her a venomous look, he walked over to her. "Thank you." he said sarcastically.

"Well, what are you waiting for." she said sharply in reply to his sarcasm.

Starshield strode ahead and looked over her shoulder.

"I hope you aren't expecting a palace."

Indeed, where she was taking him was esentially a small series of cubicles one could rent for a night. It was cheap, fairly safe and within a few blocks of the spaceport. It wasn't exactly rife with creature comforts, but as her Master had pointed out, better to be safe and live like a pauper than like an unsafe monarch. The thought of her teacher brought up a mixed set of feelings which she ruthlessly pushed away. She wouldn't break down, not here and now.

They reached the building, a converted warehouse, in moments. She nodded to the building and spoke to the Padawan.

"This is the place. You rent by the night, hard creds only. The landlord can set up calls on the holo for a few creds. There are vendor stalls where you can eat. Best to stick with fruits and vegetables if you're worried where the meat comes from."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom