Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Thermostasic Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Umbris Potestas Est
spray_paint.jpg

Image Source: http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2013/07/Mike/spray_paint.jpg
Intent: To develop a liquid that can help keep temperatures at exactly what they need to be.
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/68661-the-bold-and-the-beautiful/(not technically a dev thread, since I don't think I'll need one for this, but wanted to show where Vitor got the idea)
Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing
Model: Thermostasic Liquid
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Yes(can be imbued into other materials, chiefly plastics)
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Agrinium, neutron-based slurry
Description: Thermostasic Liquid is, in its simplest terms, a liquid designed to create a basic stasis effect with regards to the temperature of a liquid, object, or other material. Impregnated in plastic, Through inducing a vacuum-like stasis effect on whatever the liquid(or liquid-imbued plastic) is in contact with, hot drinks can be kept at their optimum temperature, while slush-like drinks will never melt. It also can be sprayed on the skin to keep someone cool on the beach, or warm in the arctic environments of a frozen planet without needing extra clothing.

Two variants of the mixture exists. The first lasts for ten hours, but has the effect of radiating the object or person's temperature on the outside as well as the inside. That is, a boiling hot pot of water will be boiling hot on both the inside and outside. The more effective variant cools on the outside to match the exterior temperature, making even a freezing cold block of carbon dioxide safe to hold - but it lasts for only half the time, at five hours.

This does not protect against vacuum, bullets, lasers, or anything at all.
Modification:
Company change
Original Section(s):

Manufacturer: Emeritus Industries

New Section(s):

Manufacturer: Defiance Consolidated Mulitpurpose Manufacturing

[member="Vitor Imperieuse"]

I don't think I follow. Does this insulate the material to stop it exchanging energy with an outside body, a fork of adiabatic seal I suppose.

Or is it a material with a remarkably high thermal capacity that can soak up a lot of energy without raising temperature?

In Umbris Potestas Est
It essentially acts like a giant thermos. Whatever gets sprayed all over will maintain the same temperature it had right before getting sprayed, with no change whatsoever, a sort of stasis effect.

[member="Raziel"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom