Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private There is much to be thankful for

Alliance_Holo.png

HoloMessage For: Ava Cartwright-Pryce Ava Cartwright-Pryce
Sender Information: Galactic Alliance 3rd Fleet - High Admiral Dracken Anderson Pryce - Military ID 93290417
Accept: Y/N

The Yes and No buttons were displayed just beneath a floating symbol for the Galactic Alliance.

A hologram of Pryce was displayed in miniature when Ava selected yes. He looked tired. Not aged like so many Admirals look after a harrowing battle or years on the front line, but there was an air of exhaustion in his voice when he spoke.

"Hey Ava," he began before reaching behind his head and scratching. He was in his combat uniform. Similar to the dress uniform save for the plate of plastoid that protected him from blasters and shrapnel. A gorget replaced his collar with small indicator lines where the uniform's helmet locked into place in the case of a hull breach. Said helmet was cradled under his right arm in fact. He looked nervous, like he was an eleven year old child who'd just been caught digging in the cookie jar before dinner or bed time.

"Sorry this took so long to get to you. Its just, I-" he paused, looking for the words, "Its that-" he let out a frustrated sigh. "I miss you. You and the twins. You know the Sith aren't something I take lightly but every time I sit in that chair I think of leaving you behind alone with our children and...I froze up at one point in the last battle. It nearly cost us the whole engagement. And every time I sat down to write you a proper romantic letter like you always said you wanted I couldn't think of anything to write. So instead you'll get my battle report." Despite Ava breaking through the by-the-book Admiral's shell during their time on the run, she could never fully get him out of it, especially when he was aboard a ship. He gave her a salute and then patted his stomach with a sad grin on his face. This was gonna be long, but he was going to keep it as light as possible.

"Wing Commander Cartwright it is with great pleasure I can report to you that I, High Admiral Dracken Anderson Pryce have survived the battle. You will be sorry to know that we lost several Wildcat Squadron members in the fight, but I have been told they fought admirably." He went on like this for twenty minutes, giving her the run down of the battle, his thoughts on the New Imperial Order and his misgivings about them, about the 222nd's successful deployment and of the feats he'd heard about completed by Jedi knights across the battlefront. But he also told her about how the Starchild was severely damaged, about the corvettes and the Blue Bantha.

"Currently the 3rd Fleet is undergoing repairs, refits, and rearmament in New Imperial Order space. I've sent Brigadier General Mordred B'Haran ahead of the rest of the fleet. He's got a tough road ahead but I trust him and the rest of the 3rd Fleet will be able to meet up with him shortly along the Braxant Run. I-" Klaxons began to blare in the background and the familiar voice of Garvey called out to the Admiral.

"Sith fleet incoming. Pryce, kiss the missus goodbye and get your rear to the bridge!"

"What's the strength?"

"Its already twice the size of the defense fleet at Muunilinst and they're still dropping in." Pryce's face visibly paled at that, even through the relative blue of the holo message.

"Order the ship into full alert, get me a connection with Commodore Satou. I want him waiting when I get up there." Pryce looked back to the holo cam and gave another sad smile.

"I have to go Ava. Tell the twins I love them and...Well, I love you too." He dashed away, forgetting to shut off the transmission, klaxons still blaring. The ghostly image of Garvey took the place of Pryce who gave Ava a wink and blew her a kiss.

"Don't worry I'll keep him safe for ya. Tell those little troublemakers I said hello!" The transmission winked out, replaced once again with the Alliance symbol. With the delay on transmissions like this and the timestamp attached to the message set to Corellian Standard time, the message had probably only been recorded and sent under an hour prior to the start of the
Battle of Borosk.

Delete Message?
Y/N

e5cSjzW.png

HoloMessage For: Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce
Sender Information: Corellian Defense Force, Starfighter Corps
Wing Commander Avalynn Marie Cartwright
Military ID: 2246790 - Security Clearance Bravo Two

Accept: Y/N
The yes or no buttons were displayed just beneath the floating symbol of the Corellian Confederation which was now a part of the Galactic Alliance.

Ava smoothed over her long golden hair that was worn down today and loose about her shoulders as it was her day off, then she took a deep breath to calm her nerves before turning the holocam on to record with nothing but a warm smile to greet the love of her life with when he viewed the accepted message. Any hint of the dread or foreboding was non-existent in her features. Dracken needed her to support him, not make it tougher to execute his duties to the fullest while in harm's way away, which was one of the takeaways and many others observed from his previous message to which Ava of course saved. The man's war-weary appearance wasn't as worrisome as the klaxons and him giving orders for battle stations, then the holocam still actively recording him walk away... that was gut-wrenching to watch.

"Hey there, handsome... " Ava began with a loving wink, gracing Dracken with one of her sweet, unforgettable easy on the eyes smiles. "I love and miss you too more than you'll ever know. Just stay safe and come home to us, hmm?" she added not in a melancholy or dramatic way like some SO's did but encouraging and understanding. Being military herself, she knew how tours of duty could affect the body, mind, and soul of front line servicemen and women alike.

The blonde leaned to the side of the data station desk in the apartment to show who was waiting to show off behind her; two little cherubs sitting in high chairs side by side. "And as you can see, Gabe and Gabby are blowing you love raspberries. It's their favorite thing to do right now," she grinned, then blew one back to them and got a precious baby squeal from each. They were in good moods and well-rested just up from a nap... not like their mom or dad for that matter.

Goldie composed herself before turning back around in the chair to face the holocam once again; squaring her shoulders and straightening her back as if she was conversing with a superior officer in a one on one meeting. Two could play at this game.

"Why thank you for the informative sitrep, Admiral. I have been kept abreast to a degree of the 3rd Sector Fleet and the Starchild's overall disposition by Diktat General Nova along with that of my former squadron attached to you, but your detailed report gives me a better understanding of the conditions you and the fleet are facing on the front lines against the Sith Empire. The Diktat has shared with me the list of Wildcat Squadron pilots KIA and has authorized me to send a letter of condolence to their families... since I knew most of the deceased personally and feel an obligation to do so. I will mention yours as well," the commander nodded, then paused a moment to wipe some drool off Gabby's chin with the edge of her 'Daddy's Little Girl' bib.

"A footnote on my status. With the generous help of your sister and father in watching the twins, I have gone back to instructing pilots at the academy here in Coronet. I am getting new flight recruits ready to supplement the depleted ranks of experienced starfighter pilots. My first rookie class is nearing their final flight test. I hopefully will be able to send you a worthy amount of replacement pilots your way very soon along with assigned starfighters as well. The newbies are good but oh so green still. Unfortunately, I'm afraid it will be baptism by fire for them."

Ava stopped for a moment and sniffed, then shrugged a lopsided grin as one of the babies needed a stat diaper change or maybe both.

"Well sweetheart, I am sorry to cut this short, but I'm afraid duty calls on my end this time. Clear skies, my love... and you too, Garvey," Ava said with a heartfelt smile, adding Dracken's loyal VI in her farewell as well, then she kissed two of her fingers and touched the screen with them before the transmission was cut and the Corellian Confederation symbol appeared once again.

Delete Message: Y/N

Last edited:

e5cSjzW.png

CHAPTER THREE
Spring 874 ABY

Coronet, Corellia
Pryce Residence

9SIWOoB.jpg

Ava sauntered past the lit fireplace barefoot from the kitchen dressed casually in a pair of shorts and a tank with a glass of her now favorite Alderaanian wine in hand, then continued through the living area to the side glass door on the other side that led out onto a deck.

It had been a long day at the office so to speak for the senior flight instructor. Goldilocks had taken her flight cadets out on a patrol to Centerpoint and back. This was a new crop of prospective pilots for CDF's Starfighter Corps. They were still pretty wet behind the ears, but this particular group of academy students was improving every day. There was hope the former Rogue and Wildcat would make some great starfighter pilots out of them. The way the galaxy was shaping up these days with the Brotherhood of the Maw making their push coreward now, quality pilots would be needed. Who knew what other threats would come their way too.

The Ralltiiri stepped outside onto the wooden deck and sat down on one of the lounges. This was her favorite part of the house, to be honest, to relax and contemplate things. She had come across the modest four-bedroom, three-bath seaside bungalow quite by accident, overhearing its availability no less in a grocery line of all places. It was actually perfect timing as the military housing that her husband had been afforded for the family by the Corellian Defense Force when he was admiral and commander of the 3rd Sector Fleet had expired when the navy man stepped away to become the Senator of Corellia.

Pulling her rank of colonel, Ava could have made different arrangements with the base housing authority, but truly it was nice to be away from all things military. Anyway, Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce spent most of his time nowadays on Coruscant with Gabby and Gabe joining him on occasion when not in school. In fact, sadly, the Corellian politician had only spent a few days here and there on his homeworld since joining the governmental body of the Galactic Alliance. Times weren't much different though than when he was on active duty with the navy. Goldie had gotten used to being alone and/or a single parent over the almost two-decade relationship. She didn't like the situation, but that is just the life that the two had worked out or seemingly had grown into. They loved each other and that is what counted, right?

Steel blue orbs looked out at the beautiful Corellian sunset as the orange-yellow fireball descended ever so towards the horizon causing a blue and pink sky to form over the water's edge. Another sip of the Riesling was taken and then the golden blonde's eyelids closed to enjoy the serenity of the evening without kids.

Last edited:

346-3461784_coruscant-from-star-wars.png

Coruscant, Senate District
Senate Apartment Complex
Vice-Chancellor Pryce's Residence
Late Summer 876 ABY - Sometime after the Ilum Incident
2200 hours

e5cSjzW.png
"Gods I need a drink and a soak, but first things first... "
Ava glanced at the wall chrono in the gourmet kitchen that was making a second-by-second rather exaggerated noise and just shook her golden head with a roll of her steel blue orbs. What an annoying little sound tick, tick, tick... It echoed in the vast stillness of her husband's new penthouse suite he'd been awarded as Vice-Chancellor. Why would Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce have such a thing was beyond her. Well, the Corellian had never been too keen on decor. Probably, it was from all his years as a simple navy man.

"Sorry, honey. That is a no-go."

The tall blonde reached up, took the chrono off the wall, and removed the battery, then replaced the chrono back where it hung before.

"Yes, much better. He probably won't even notice."

Moving out into the main living area with the glow from the city-planet lights coming in the large transparisteel window, the Rallitiiri went over to where the bar was set up and looked through the selections the politician had available. A warm grin grew upon her fair face as a crystal whiskey decanter with an etched "P" and four matching glasses were displayed prominently atop. It was Ava's 15th wedding anniversary present to the then-senator. He had gotten her a wine decanter set, too funny. Great minds think alike or did the Force give him a nudge?

Finding a bottle of Corellian Red, it was opened and a serving for one was poured generously.
"Okay, now to relax... "
Taking the glass with her, Ava padded through the master bedroom and into the adjoining fresher suite. She started the water going for a bath, putting a few drops of scented oil into the large porcelain claw tub, then looked under the sink for a box of candles because duh?! After doing so, the long-legged Rattliiri let the satin robe worn fall to the rug-covered tile floor, then she slipped into the drawn hot bath, easing her toned and shapely torso down below the bubble line; her golden tresses up out of the way atop her head in a messy bun.

A heavy yet contented sigh left Ava's lips as the soothing warmth began to ease the tension that flowed through her body ever since getting the news about Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce 's near-death experience on Ilum. She had immediately come for Coruscant, leaving Gabriella Pryce-Alder Gabriella Pryce-Alder on Corellia with the extended family, and now had been at their son's side ever since as Dracken had to go back to work; saving the Alliance and the galaxy from doing something rash and stupid in response to the Empire's brazen attack in the Unknown Regions.

There was no telling when her husband would return from his senate business so Ava would just enjoy the solitude while it lasted. Though to be honest, she really wished Dracken would join her but understood the enormous pressures the Corellian was under.

If only the two could just talk as they really hadn't yet... Even gods rested one day a week. Perhaps just a few hours or Force forbid a whole night of detachment from reality would be good for the man, in more ways than one.

And with that wishful thought, Ava took a nice sip of red wine, then closed her eyes with the candlelight the only illumination.

War. It was the talk of the town in the Senate. It was times like these he wished he hadn't traded in his battlecruiser for a senatorial repulsorpod. With fools like Hoid Hallafax running their offensive and alliance field leaders taking such heavy losses it was no wonder ideas like cloning were returning to the public consciousness. Why send your son or daughter to war when you could send some nameless clone? Or a convict? The thought made him sick.

Imperials used clones. Sith used clones. Palpatine used clones.

That little note had come up in his research on the history of the Jedi and the Sith. How could people even think of enslaving life and-
The door opened to his senatorial suite. Something was off. He realized it after he took his first few steps. It was...Silent. His hand fell to the holdout blaster holstered on his hip. The clock was silent.

He swept the room and moved deeper into his apartments he heard the sound of swishing water. Water? As he got closer the smell of scented bath soap filled his senses and he heaved a sigh of relief, sliding his blaster back into its holster.

Knock. Knock.

"You there Ava?"

Senate Apartment Complex

e5cSjzW.png

Ava's eyes fluttered open in a start, then those steel blue orbs flicked to the door that apparently she had not properly latched as it was beginning to swing open with the knocking action of her husband's knuckles on the ornate wood.

"Yes, silly... What other woman would be luxuriating in your bathtub, hmm?" the blonde smirked, lifting a blondish-brown brow in a teasing fashion, then she splashed some water towards where Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce stood in the doorway. He had that goofy look on his face that was adorable as his mind was trying to catch up with his sight.

"Well, you going to just stand there all night and gawk or... Do you want to join me? I won't bite," the Ralltiiri purred, lifting one of her long, tone legs out of the bubble-filled tub and resting the lower half on the side, her soapy toes wiggling.

"How was your meeting? Are we at war yet or is democracy safe for another day?" she asked, chuckling softly at her question even though Ava knew it wasn't a funny subject. War was real, and people got hurt as the Pryce's knew only too well with their son's recent almost life-altering event.

Last edited:

"Well, you going to just stand there all night and gawk or... Do you want to join me? I won't bite,"

"Don't tempt me," he said playfully.

"How was your meeting? Are we at war yet or is democracy safe for another day?"

Pryce sighed and slid down to the floor, unbuttoning his dress coat and letting it slide off of his back. He tossed it out of the refresher and into their bedroom before running his hands through his hair.

"Democracy is safe for another day," he chuckled. His meeting with Dagon was, odd. The young Jedi Knight was so cagey that it made him wonder if things really had even gotten better between the Alliance and the Jedi. Things were moving so fast, the Alliance tumbling towards war. The worst part was that right then, he didn't know if he wanted to stop it.

"The Empire is growing too bold Ava," He gave her a wan smile. "War is coming. Its just a matter of when."

Senate Apartment Complex

e5cSjzW.png

Love and War
(Ava & Dracken's Theme No. 1)
"Don't tempt me," he said playfully.
"Oh but dear, tempting is my middle name, and you love it, especially after a long day chuck full of those stuffy and stressful meetings," Ava quipped back with a knowing wink, trying to keep things light as the heaviness of the galaxy pressing upon Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce 's broad shoulders was so evident as her husband slid down the fresher wall onto the floor with almost a thud.

"Democracy is safe for another day."
He chuckled, though the soft laugh didn't quite reach his gray-blue eyes; the very ones that warmed the Ralliiri's heart, but tonight the sadness, worry, and frustration in them made hers ache along with him.

"I'm sure it was because of your steady hand and cool head that gave us one more day, hmm?" she replied with an affirming nod of her golden head.

The Corellian had always been a beacon of hope, well for as long as Ava had known the man. She believed in him. Dracken just needed to trust himself to do the right thing at the right time for the right reasons.

"The Empire is growing too bold Ava," He gave her a wan smile. "War is coming. Its just a matter of when."
Ava pulled back her lower leg from the edge of the tub that had been dangling over the side and slipped it back into the sudsy water, then moved up in the tub to be closer to where Dracken sat on the floor; legs pulled up to his chest in what appeared deep contemplation. She shook off her moist, organic hand, then placed it onto the top of his forearm that rested atop his knee and gave it a loving squeeze.

"Well then, that is a bridge we will have to cross when it does come. We've been to this place many times before, Dracken, and together we will see it through once again. I have faith, you should too," she smiled back with tenderness etched in her steel blue eyes, then came the hard-to-face caveat.

"We have to for the sake of our children and those of the free nations of the galaxy we defend as well as those yet seeking the same for themselves. It's our duty, given who you and I are and the path we have chosen to take... Know this, I will stand firmly by your side wherever it takes us, always have, always will just as my love for you has never wavered."

Ava let that last part simmer for a moment to take hold in her husband's heart and mind, then the blonde playfully put her index finger and thumb together on her prosthetic hand leaving a small space that the candlelight in the background illuminated through.

"Well, maybe just a little wavering when I find that you've left the toilet seat up in the middle of the night," she grinned softly commenting in her usual fashion to get a rise out of him and/or deflect from the somber and serious mood that had come upon the two longtime partners.

Last edited:

The reassurance in his wife's voice set his mind at ease. With a smile he reached up and held her hand, giving it a little squeeze of his own before kissing it gently and pressing her hand to his forehead. Her hand was exceptionally warm, most likely from the bath. He chuckled at her joke, head still bowed.

"I'm not used to having company around," he joked. He kissed her hand again before turning to look her in the eyes. Tragedy had brought them together again for the first time in a long time and it had been nice. An idea came to him.

"You know, we don't have another senate session scheduled for another few weeks. We could go back to Corellia together. I can just have my work be sent to me." Would he be needed in person? Maybe. Auteme Auteme had sounded like she wanted him on a short leash last time they spoke in person but by the Force he had missed this. Holo Calls weren't enough. He'd need to change that.

Senate Apartment Complex

Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

e5cSjzW.png

Love and War
(Ava & Dracken's Theme No. 1)
The receiving without hesitation of Ava's sincere love and tenderness from her husband warmed the Ralltiiri's heart and filled her soul with such joy.

Yes, the Pryce's initial love of each other had been born from tradegy and camaraderie but had grown into so much more over the years... They were two halves of one whole; even when she and Dracken were apart as the two were frequently so due to duty, space, and time.

And that love had been passed on as in their two children Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce , and Gabriella Pryce-Alder Gabriella Pryce-Alder . It was the happiest day of the couple's life when those precious beings were born to them, and it showed in how proud they were of the twins starting out on their individual paths; one with the Jedi Order, the other in service to their homeworld with CorSec. And in that foundation built of love, family, and commitment, there was hope.

"You know, we don't have another senate session scheduled for another few weeks. We could go back to Corellia together. I can just have my work be sent to me."

Ava reached out with her synflesh prosthetic hand, then cupped the side of the Corellian's face tenderly, urging the man ever so closer to the edge of the tub, her steel blue eyes beaming full of happiness at the idea.

"I'd like that very much," the blonde smiled softly, then her lips met his showing just how so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom