Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private There is much to be thankful for

Goldie gave [member="Dracken Pryce"] the "you" face, then reached up and snatched the set of jingling metal keys from his teasing hand. He had this all planned from the beginning!

"You'll do, lover," Ava answered waggling her blondish-brown eyebrows at him, then the long-legged pilot turned around on her booted heel and crossed the street, walking towards the entrance to the apartment complex with purpose. "Come on... It's not good to keep a lady waiting," she called, looking back over her shoulder at the Corellian.

If they only had this night together for a while, there was no time to waste. The Rogue intended to make memories that would sustain them until the next interlude.

"There better be a water shower or better yet a nice tub to soak in... I'm so over taking sonic ones for a lifetime."

He took half the steps she did and caught up to the energetic pilot. The buildings were tall and imposing, but this was his home now. He'd heard a lot of the Corellian military lived in the building, but he somehow doubted that considering he'd seen the chunk of credits they were taking out of his pay for this place. He gave Ava a sheepish shrug.

"I have to be honest, I've never been inside," he warned. "For all we know it could just be a direct one to one copy of the Starchild's barracks." He let out a laugh as they reached the sliding doors. He slipped a code cylinder from out of his jacket picket and placed it in the recipticle in front of the lift. A glass panel to their right slid open and a friendly mechanical voice exclaimed at them.

"Welcome home DRACKEN PRYCE, we noticed this was your first visit. Do you require assistance?"

"N-No! I-We're fine."

"ACKNOWLEDGED" Another pair of doors slid open revealing what looked more like a hotel atrium than an apartment lobby. He took it all in as he headed towards the turbolift.

"I was joking about the butler...But at this point I wouldn't be suprised if there was a protocol droid when we got up there," he whispered to Ava as they passed a few patrons of several different species, most of them wearing posh clothes.

Ava had grown up surrounded by luxury in Ralltiir's capital city of Cambriella in one of the more affluent districts. The rebel at heart though preferred to live in a more humble abode that one could make a home not a showplace as was the Cartwright penthouse suite atop the Millennial Tower. Hopefully Corellians weren't so uppity and/or pretentious.

"Well, I hope not or we'll have a very jealous astromech droid on our hands. Squeak's already put off because I left him on the Starchild while I'm out having fun with you ground side," she whispered back with a hint of mirth after they had entered one of the turbolifts that had others going up as well; much to her disappointment as the two had to behave.

Stepping out onto the Admiral's floor hand in hand, he led them down the hallway to his apartment door near the end. There were butterflies starting to flutter in pilot's stomach once again. Ava was both excited and nervous in anticipation of the rest of their time together now and in the future, if the pilot was honest with herself. The declarations of love for one another had definitely upped the ante and put a whole new light on their relationship; one she looked forward to exploring more thoroughly with Dracken in the days, weeks, and months to come.

When the door was opened, Dracken let her go first. Ava was half wondering if he'd carry her over the threshold in some primitive Corellian mating ritual, but that wasn't the case thank the Force... or not?!

"Oh wow, Drack.... This is nice!" the blonde exclaimed as her steel blue eyes gazed around the well-appointed though not too over the top apartment after passing through the small entry way into the living area. The bank of windows faced the West so they were getting a view of the last few moments of the beautiful sunset along with the city lights of New Coronet.

"The New Republic sure knows how to take care of their highly prized personnel... My quarters back on D'Qar have only a bunk and desk, and the mattress I swear is from the Rebellion era," Goldie quipped with a light chuckle, then the Ralltiiri pulled the man with her into the dining area where there was a full kitchen off to the side. She was all smiles.

"I wonder if they were good enough to stock the cooling unit and pantry, hmm? Are you thirsty or hungry?"

[member="Dracken Pryce"]​

"The Rebellion Era?" That brought a laugh from the young Corellian. He'd only stayed on D'qar one night, and it was the first night after they'd managed to escape the combined forces of the Sith Empire and the First Order. A somber night of memorial and lots of drinking. But they were passed that point now. Corellia had unofficially, officially given support to the Alliance remnant faction and from what he'd heard were providing them with the ancient shipyards hidden in the asteroid belt on the edge of the system.

That was the rumor anyways.

"I've heard rumors about your cooking Ava," Drack said gravely. He shrugged in the end though. How hard could it be to mess up an egg scramble or scotch...If they'd given him any.

"You go ahead and...look around. I'm going to go exploring."

"What?! I'll have you know I've never gotten any complaints about my caf. It's damn good and strong the way it should be served. People are just so picky about everything else," Goldie retorted in defense with mock defiance noted in her features.

"You go do that. I'll see what I can find to make," the Ralltiiri said, shooing [member="Dracken Pryce"] out of the kitchen dismissively with her hand, then she started opening cupboards looking for something to make them for dinner.

There was a moment of panic that hit the elite pilot as steel blue eyes perused the things that were stocked in the pantry and cooling unit. There was nothing prepackaged that she could just slide into the autochef and hit the cook button. Ava bit her lip in desperation, then the blonde pulled out her comlink when the perfect solution came to mind....

"Drack... On second thought, let's just order in, hmm?" blonde called out thoughtfully, then she walked in the direction the Corellian had gone. I mean their time left together was precious so why waste it slaving over a hot stove with an unknown outcome when they could be spending it more wisely... exploring the apartment together.

"Sure," came the reply from deeper in the apartment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e6BuZqlhlU&list=PLqwYk0Q739hxv29LM5Hm6bFSa5YtQIB-8&index=20
He didn't care what they ate. Tonight he just wanted to be present. But it was difficult to be. The Alliance had been his way to atone, his true way to fix all the damage he'd done. His past wasn't one he was proud of, and it was one he went to great lengths to hide from anyone. Time and time again though it felt as if his past was coming to haunt him in ways he couldn't imagine. He'd been there when the One Sith conquered Corellia. He'd been on the ground. Helping them. And then Corellia was broken, and he fled to the Unknown Regions with the Iron Empire.

He returned to the world and hailed as a survivor, with what remained of his family not knowing what he'd done. He'd served the Galactic Alliance faithfully after that only to see the world lost again to the Sith, and now that it was free...He was leaving it again.

He sighed heavily and stared out at the bay from the bedroom window and let his forhead fall on the glass pane. Its surface was cool to the touch and it sent a shiver down his spine. Was he right to just...leave again? Leave Corellia? Leave Ava behind while he went off on what he thought of as a redemption quest? He pinched his eyes shut and then opened them again to look out over the bay with a determined glare. He would be back.

He would.

Ava had followed the voice that had answered her to the master bedroom, which was to the right of the living area making the apartment a two-bedroom.

When the Ralltiiri entered the bedroom, she noticed that [member="Dracken Pryce"] was standing at the window that looked out at New Coronet's bay. The man's forehead was leaning against the window pane and there seemed to be a sag in the Corellian's shoulders; definitely not his usual strong and broad ones. Was something wrong? Had she done or said something? Was this all too much for him with her here like this? Or was it more than that... Dracken was a complex man Goldie had determined over the time they'd known each other.

The tall blonde slipped the comlink back into her pocket without dialing, then walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his trim waist in a loving way. Those jaw muscles of his were tensed and eyes focused hard upon the visage before them. He was thinking intensely about something.

"Are you okay, Drack? What's bothering you, hmm?" she asked softly.

He turned in her embrace and returned the gesture.

"Just ready to finally do my part," he said simply, though his tone suggested there was a little more behind that. He smiled and gave her a peck on the forehead before throwing a smirk her way.

"So we're ordering in right?" He wasn't sure what places were nearby buy he also had a sneaking suspicion that the complex itself had its own service delivery. He'd decided that it was just posh enough for that kind of thing. "What do you have a taste for?" He gave her a tight squeeze.

He was lying... or not telling her the whole truth of the matter. Ugh, men?!

"Uh huh.... I'm not done discussing this yet. You can't get off that easy with me now. Food can wait, mister," Ava answered matter of fact yet there was still mirth etched in those blue pools of hers as they faced one another in their embrace.

She wasn't really upset with him, but this pussy footing around sensitive subjects had to stop. For Force sake Dracken told the Rogue he loved her.... It meant that they had to be honest with one another from now on, well at least in Goldie's book of relationship rules.

The blonde moved backwards with the Corellian in toe until the mattress hit her knees. Ava turned them, then pushed him gently down onto the bed to sit. She sat next to him, taking his hands in hers.

"I don't know what you're talking about... You have been doing your part, Drack. We have together. I need you to tell me what's really going on in that head of yours so I can understand where you are coming from with this... Please?" she asked with a heartfelt tenderness of both curiosity and concern.

Drac looked like he gave the question some honest thought before his smirk shifted into a sad smile for a quick flash. It was too soon for that conversation, at least the whole conversation. Sure they'd both dropped the L-bomb on one another but he still felt like one wrong step and it could all come crumbling down. His sins were his to bear, and his alone.

"Just thinking of old friends," he said before trying to lighten the mood again. "Their names and stories are classified information though young lady," he said in a very badly done Coruscanti accent, the city drawl of Corellia leaking out on the edges of his syllables. He didn't give her time to protest though and brought her in for a long kiss. The lights of the city were beginning to become brighter specks as dusk turned solidly into night.

"Buuut maybe I could be convinced," he said after their lips separated. "I heard Alliance interrogations were exceptionally effective."

Mock disappointment appeared on her face at the Corellian's explanation. But, before any more argument could be made Dracken's lips met hers in a long, rather impassioned kiss leaving the Ralltiri breathless; definitely make her think she had better fish to fry of the more enjoyable kind than getting down to the brass knuckles of the now Admiral's woes of past that made him so somber a few minutes ago.

They would have another opportunity to discuss the matter fully when time wasn't the issue amongst other pressing things like newfound love, right? Goldie didn't want to think about being apart from him. The two were here now, together... She and Drack needed to make the most of their time left before the dawn came and a new chapter started for each of them. It's funny how priorities shift when reality strikes. Ava knew when Dracken was ready to share with her, he would, and she would just listen.

"Mhm Well that's for me to know and you to find out.... " Ava teased using a rather seductive tone with mischief dancing in those blue orbs of hers, then the blonde pushed the man all the way back onto the bed and began the earnest interrogation hopefully using tactics that would melt any resolve left to hold out any further from her.

- Some Time After "Interrogation" -
Coronet City: Nondescript Diner

Fleet Admiral Pryce leaned forward on the durasteel table, wagging his fry as he spoke in a tone that was half annoyed and half mystified,.

"I don't know who got it into his head that he could outfly Jose, but the crash landing was so spectacular I almost wish it had been real so just so that maybe he'd finally understand that just because he's from Pamarthe doesn't make him some hotshot pilot."

His story finished he fell backwards into the broken synthetic leather booth seat and at popped the fry in his mouth. He didn't remember what Ava had said that had set him off, but the man had just finished a rant about some new pilots that were on board the Starchild. The one the story was about, Lt. Blythe, was a young Pamarthen pilot who had joined the New Republic after his racing career had gone under because of some shady deals. Jose was a Twi'lek-Human hybrid with brightly colored hair and eyes rather than head-tails and had been a pilot since the Alliance days and had flown alongside Ava and the Rogues when the Rogues still called the Starchild home. He was one of the few from those days that were still on the Starchild. With a sigh Pryce crossed his arms and looked whistfully over the Coronet City skyline.

"We miss you up there- er," he paused to correct himself, "I miss you up there. New Republic could really use a pilot like you,"

And not for the first time he tried to throw her the recruitment line. He knew by now she'd turn him down. She did it every time, but it didn't hurt to try anyways. This was their second time meeting up on Corellia since they parted ways after their first night together and honestly it hadn't come fast enough, though technically he wasn't on shore leave. As a Fleet Admiral he was given the Corellian and Humbarine sectors to watch over and command which meant he was "home" far more often than Ava was. It also meant he was almost always in uniform or working when she was...Just like today. He was in his fully New Republic Navy uniform, his Corellian Admiralty pauldron freshly polished. His hair was neatly styled and his pants pressed, though the short, dark beard he'd grown out since the last time they'd seen each other clashed with the rest of the put together-ness of the naval officer. His eyes fell back on Ava now, his eyes locking with hers, waiting for the expected 'no' and accompanying speech of why she couldn't or wouldn't join.

[member="Ava Cartwright"]

Ava sat longways on the bench seat of the booth across from [member="Dracken Pryce"]; the pilot's back leaning up causally against the windowsill with those long legs of hers laid out straight though crossed over at the ankles. She was working on downing a thick chocolate shake and trying not to get a brain freeze in the process.

"That is so like him... Stupid is as stupid does," the blonde chuckled softly at the pilot mentioned in the story.

This whole-in-the-wall diner had become their place to meet up when paths were able to cross. It was between the Corellian Defense Force's HQ and Coronet's spaceport so easy for both of them to get to without much fuss. While Dracken had taken the job and promotion with the Republic's Navy, Goldilocks had hooked up with a coalition of Rebel and Jedi resistance fighters. She hadn't rejoined Rogue Squadron as of yet as they had gone back to the Outer Rim and well, Ava had wanted to stay coreward to be nearer the love of her life. Yeah, the Ralltiiri had let her heart guide her present and future. Corellia was now her home, and she made one there with Dracken, or was trying to.

"I know, Drac... but you already have my answer. I'm a rebel at heart, and being a 'pub doesn't quite get me the same excited. Plus, I just don't have the same blind faith you do in the Republic's government. I fear they will be the death of you, if you're not careful."

The subject had become a hot button topic of contention the couple would just have to agree to disagree on at least until such things changed for the better, well at least to her satisfaction. As it was, she did not trust the Republic to do the right thing, the right way or with the right will. It was a hardline opinion, but it was just how Ava saw them.

A small smirk grew on Ava's face as one of her hands snaked across the table top to the Corellian's plate and stole one of his fries. She dipped it quickly into the shake, then popped it into her mouth. The mix of the salt, sweet, and creamy cold was so yummy.

"So... What's your schedule like, hmm?" she asked with a mischievous edge to her voice as their blue orbs met. Ava was still deciding if she liked the beard on him or not... It was just strange not to see Dracken clean shaven.

"I could make myself free for a considerable amount this visit... I've missed you more than you'll ever know."

Blind faith? There it was again. Maybe it wasn't fair to expect her to understand why he joined the New Republic and he wasn't going to try to get her to understand. Those conversations never went well and he'd rather spend the time with her than argue about the reality of the state of the Core and so he let the comment roll off his shoulder. He sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

"Corellian High Command ordered me here to handle some of the business with those First Order prisoners they caught." His shoulder sagged and his mouth shifted into a thoughtful frown and his brow furrowed. "I can't imagine what they've gone through- " he paused and stuttered a bit, "the civilians on those ships I mean. To lose everythiing in the blink of any eye to the Ssi-ru..." He'd heard the strange reptiles didn't treat their captives well, and New Republic intel said most didn't last for more than a month with them. Their entechment was an abomination and even though he'd had his fair share of battles with the First Order he didn't think anyone deserved to have everything ripped from them.

That's why I'm with the New Republic. So something like that doesn't happen to Corellia, or Ava. He thought to himself. But he'd gotten off track.

"So as far as the New Republic is concerned I'm on shore leave and as far as Corellia's concerned...I'm on call. I actually just came from CDF FLEETCOM so hopefully it should be a while before they need me for anything."

[member="Ava Cartwright"]

Ava knew from the heavy sigh and the shrugging of the Corellian's broad shoulders that she'd again frustrated or maybe even disappointed [member="Dracken Pryce"]. She truly did want to understand his point of view on the Republic, but for some reason something within the Ralltiiri just wouldn't allow her to...

But also, he couldn't see her way of thinking either, why the blind faith remark. That is why they had to agree to disagree or it would tear them apart, and all Ava wanted to do was become closer... Not only in body, but heart and spirit more so. There was a nagging feeling of doom in the pit of her stomach, not for something bad to happened presently, but in the future. She'd had a couple of bad nights waking up from having a nightmare. Perhaps it was just her PTSD raring its ugly head again, but Ava didn't think so.

"I've been following what's been going on in the western reaches. It's horrible. I know I wanted to defeat the First Order, but to see them go out this way.... Those Ssi-ruuk are merciless. I'm glad you, well you and Corellia, have helped those refugees," she nodded sympathetically.

Another fry was snatched and eaten, then Goldie wiped off her salty fingers on a napkin and swung her legs off the bench seat and onto the floor to sit upright, leaning forward on her elbows.

"Well, I like the way our time is shaping up... I've got like at least five days before I need to check in. I say we go home and take a dip in the hot tub. I've spent so much time in my bird as of late, my back is really tight and/or I could use a real nice back rub," she grinned, then held out her shake glass.

"Want to finish it off? I promise I don't have cooties," the rebel pilot teased lightly.

"A back rub? That's all?" He asked with a knowing smirk before taking the shake and nodding. It was good having this time with her, it reminded him that the peace he'd been fighting for was worth the blood, sweat, and tears that he and Ava had spilled over the last five years. Corellia was thriving, and even though some places still needed biodomes Coronet had mostly recovered. He sucked the last of the shake up until he was just slurping air. His mother had always told him that was bad manners but he'd kept the habit anyways.

With an overly exaggerated and satisfied sigh he leaned back into his booth seat.

"Hmm...But a nice hot soak does sound pretty good...The Captain's Quarters are nice and all but...It only comes with a shower." He tossed a few credit chits onto the table and waved for the server droid to clean off the table. Typically in a place like this one didn't need to tip since It was mostly if not all server droids working. But since he'd moved in nearby he'd come to appreciate the place and the owners so he tended to pay more than what was needed and didn't ever take his change back.

"But I've gotta go see Mom with my father and sister tonight. Its the other reason I came to Corellia." Tonight was one of the many memorial days for those that were lost during the event that saw Corellia break in half. "You're welcome to come. I know its not the best way to meet my family but..." his voice trailed off.

"Well... If you're offering more, I mean I wouldn't turn it down," she answered the Corellian flashing him a lopsided grin. [member="Dracken Pryce"] knew Goldie too well. A foot rub would get him everywhere with her.

The slurping of the shake to the last drop just made Ava smile. She loved this side of him; a little reckless and carefree. It had taken a long time for Dracken to let her see it. When they'd first met, the captain at the time was all business. The two had been through a lot together though. Hopefully that track record would continue for a very long time, at least the Ralltiiri wanted it to be so. Yes, Ava was in love with the man and definitely more than just a fling.

"My treat next time, hmm?" the blonde nodded as the generous tip was placed on the table for the service rendered by the droid. He did have a soft spot for all beings outside of military protocols and such.

"I would love to, Drac. I mean I'd be honored to pay my respects to your family with you," she offered with an understanding and caring look as her hand grasped his atop the table tenderly, giving it a little squeeze. "I'm here for you no matter what is needed. That is what loving someone is all about... The good, the bad, the ugly, and yes, the fun."

She always did that, said what was on her mind and was always honest with him. It was more than he deserved but...A shadow cast over his eyes for a moment as he thought back to those dark days but cleared as suddenly as it came.

He smiled and squeezed her hand back before sitting up and leaning over the table to plant a kiss on her forehead before waddling out of the booth. "I know Ava," he said tenderly. His eyes caught movement at the door to the diner. HIs eyes weren't the only drawn to the door as a bulky Quarth man entered flanked by two Corellian Shock Troopers. Realizing who it was Pryce's eyes shot open and he dusted off stray salt from his uniform and stood up straight for a salute.

"Sir, I wasn't expecting you...er...here."

Yularen smiled and brought up a hand to put the honorary Admiral at ease. Yularen was a large, imposing man, even for the Quarth, a relatively recent addition to the Corellian Sector.

"At ease Admiral Pryce," he said, his voice deep and rumbly as if he was speaking with liquid in his vocal chords. "I'm sorry I interrupted you like this and you have my word I'll be swift." He wasn't actually sorry, but it always paid off to give the illusion of benevolence. Yularen was quite the opposite of that though, though his reputation for ruthless tactics and a renegade mindset actually came from his battlefield experience most of those skills people seemed to think only applied on the battlefield also applied when dealing with people.

"I'm actually here to speak with Miss Cartwright...If you two weren't too much in a hurry." The look on Pryce's face said they were exactly that, but as expected the military man bowed his head, cast a confused look to Ava, and politely excused himself, the Shock Troopers now escorting Pryce rather than Yularen. He didn't give Ava a chance to run and slid into the place where Pryce had been sitting not long ago.

"I'm sorry if my voice sounds a bit odd, I think I'm coming down with something," he coughed twice and cleared his throat before starting, "I'll cut right to the chase Miss Cartwright, I want you to join the Corellian Defense Force's Starfighter Corps."

Ava's eyes followed [member="Dracken Pryce"]'s gaze as it flicked from her and went over her shoulder to the door of the diner, which was to the pilot's back. The blonde turned around in the booth to see a Quarth and two Corellian Shock Trooper guards walking towards them. Dracken was quick to throw up a salute to the Admiral, who must have been one of his bosses with the way he reacted. Though there was much surprise in his voice and was there a bit of frustration too on the Corellian's face at the man's presence especially when the Quarth said he was there to speak to her not him.

The Alliance Lieutenant Commander had been boxed into her seat so she just acknowledged the Admiral with a respectful cant of her golden head as he quickly sat down in Dracken's vacated spot while he was lead away by the shock troopers. Ava gave her other half a shrug as their blue orbs met briefly, then turned her attention to the Quarth sitting across from her. He did sound nasally. It was the peak of flu season. Hopefully he wasn't contagious with what ever ailed him. That is all she needed was to get sick during her down time.

Well, at least he didn't beat about the bush. [member="Yularen Nova"] got straight to the point. Ava could respect that, but wow! He wanted her to join the Corellian Defense Force's Starfighter Corps... Was this Dracken's way of finally wrangling her into serving with him in the New Republic? Sneaky nerfherder if true.

"I see. Well it is an honor to have you ask me, Admiral. I appreciate your interest. but I'm not Corellian. I'm from Ralltiir. I only reside here with a Corellian, and that's part time at best. If I may be so bold and inquire, why are you asking me personally in the first place? Did Admiral Pryce put you up to it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom