Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Their Blood Runs Black

Hyperspace folds in its magnificent hues all around the observation screens of her ship as she takes one more glance away from the video. We've watched it several times now. Yes. It's still as stupid a tactic as the first time. Yes, we know....why in all that the force permeates would she think this is anything resembling a good idea? Perhaps's she's hoping to eliminate the obvious enemies that will show? Hmm...a curious potential reality, but still an incredibly foolish one. So we think this is foolish? Gazing back to the video a small smile slithers its way across her lips. Incredibly, but it's possible she really does have a plan. Worst possible case this is going to impact the CIS sooner or later and when it does we will need to be prepared for it, this offers us a chance at an observation prior to a crisis situation, agreed? Yes...we will learn what we can.

The smile slowly settles into a thin neutrality as she leans back in the pilot's seat, the journey itself would take some time but her own concerns were not so thinly pressed at the moment, time was rather in abundance. What if she's infested and this is a trap? Shhh, calm, it's always a possibility but curiosity must be met. One does not learn without taking risks.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Entering the room it appeared as if everyone had already been gathered, the woman from the video was beginning to describe a scenario in which this black substance manifested and assumed control over someone else. Moving just out of the doorway, Valjan settles against the wall and continues to listen adorned in a simple red robe, a bronze and silver colored re-breather helmet, and a pack slung over her shoulder with no obvious weapons set against her frame. The request for assistance trailed by an offer of some form of payment comes and then several trailing comments on possibilities for collecting a specimen before the red robed woman offers a curt nod and speaks, her voice distorted by the helmet and amplified to carry across the room, "You mentioned you have a plan? I'd like to know what this might entail and then we can discuss payment, yes? The ideas being tossed around could prove useful but I believe -you- called us here enticing with a course of action that must be carried out quickly."

[member="Lady Kay"]

The Queen gestures him over to the far wall and Sol follows without complaint. This isn't quite what he meant by private, he was hoping perhaps for another room but he could make it work. Reaching slowly over his shoulders towards the hilts of his vibroblades he says quietly. "If I may, I am just going to turn my blades on without drawing." Assuming she gave permission he would do just hat clicking the weapons on low. It was an old mercenary trick, the vibrations would help scramble any attempts to listen in by electronic means so as long as they spoke in low tones they shouldn't be overheard. It wasn't perfect but it was the best he could do at this time.

This accomplished he answers her questions. "For reasons of my own, I keep this to myself and I would appreciate it if you do the same, your majesty. I am a mercenary but I was also once a Jedi Knight and my skills have not waned since I departed from the order. I am sure you can see the value in having another force wielder at your disposal for this venture, in particular, my most relevant skill is a stronger than a normal talent in precognition. Give me a private place where I can meditate without having to use Stealth to disguise my presence and I may be able to see something." He shrugs his shoulders she would likely know as well as he that force visions weren't reliable.

"Oh." He adds after a moment's thought. "It may be worth examing this black ooze with the force if we acquire a sample. It is possible that it does what it does through purely scientific means, nanotechnology, quantum processing and entanglement and the like. But, and this is just a theory that I admit may be coloured by the way I perceive The Force, it is possible that this Lord Onyx has discovered a way to harness The Force through Biotechnology to subvert peoples wills, if this parasite has a biological component. I'll admit it is unlikely but every theory eliminated brings us closer to the truth right?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

Theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyknBTm_YyM

[SIZE=12pt]The man ahead of her stopped abruptly, and Kirie's breath caught in her throat. Was she caught? The man didn't turn. She ducked behind a nearby column, suddenly frightened. This man was acting strange, his dark coat was sinister, and something about him unsettled Kirie deeply. He seemed... off. Maybe it was just her imagination, maybe her mind was playing tricks.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She ducked her head out, checking the corridor. He stood eerily still, unmoving, breathing deeply. Kirie whipped her head back, beads of sweat on her brow. What is going on with this guy? Was he ill? Was he...?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]No, not here, surely.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Ice-water ran through her veins, and she gritted her teeth. 'Okay, okay,' she thought to herself. 'Think about it for a second. There is no reason to believe that he's one of the Controlled Ones, there are plenty of weird characters around a station like Kwenn. Don't be such a paranoid fool.' She took a deep breath, deciding she'd just walk past the strange character to put her fears at rest. She really wasn't doing well today. She had to get her head together, and start being helpful. [member="Lady Kay"] needed her, after all.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She stepped out into the centre of the corridor, about 20m away from the man, still standing still as a statue. The artificial light suddenly seemed dimmer, more yellow and sickly. Her heart was beating fast and hard in her chest. The hall was suddenly narrower, crushingly so. It was claustrophobic. The shadows were dark figures and lurking monsters. Each pinprick of light that she could see out of the small portholes was an eye that watched her hungrily. Slowly, deliberately, she took a step forward.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Her breathing was short and sharp. She looked back to to the corridor behind her. There wasn't another soul in sight. The young girl, the one with the padded clothes, had moved on. It was just her and the man now. Another step now, two more.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She stopped. Had he just twitched? Or had she just imagined that. No, he remained still as a stone. She resumed her walking. Step by step, pace by pace the distance closed between them. When she was 5 metres away her breath caught, a tidal wave of tension rising inside her. Why was she so nervous? So terrified of this man? She hadn't even had a good look at his face.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Another step, and another. 3 metres away now. It was cooler here, the warm air of the entertainment sector leaked in though here and dissipated into the various doors and stairwell leading to floor 2. She adjusted her red coat, wiping off a small speck of lint. A few more steps, no going back now. She was right behind him.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kirie sucked in a deep breath, steeling her jangled nerves. Her hand shaking slightly, she reached out, and softly tapped [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] on the shoulder.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Arix Valen"] | [member="Sol Damerin"] | [member="Uigin's NPCs"] | [member="Bradshaw Ku"] | [member="Arabi Cordelle"] | [member="Jak Sandrow"] | [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] | [member="Ulic Adraya"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Valjan Hon'rey"][/SIZE]​

Arabi could feel the unease of the young man, [member="Bradshaw Ku"], in the back of her mind as she examined the same footage he was feeling so agitated about. It seemed to be building in him while her analytical mind worked the problem rather than focusing on the travesty of watching life subverted. Then finally, it seemed the dam broke and he burst in a fit of frustration. She turned to look at him with kindness and compassion. "I see you are a man of action. I understand your desire. I think soon enough, we shall find ourselves inundated with 'samples'. I would not be in such a hurry. Action without a plan can often lead to failure and I doubt we want any more people to fall prey to this abomination than already have. Be at peace. This is the beginning and such times require planning and thought over action. I feel.... " Her ears fell as she paused, a crinkle dislodging the soft fur on her forehead, as the Force nagged at her mind about something, somewhere. "I feel that action is going to be needed very soon. Perhaps you feel it too. You should explore your agitation. The Force may be guiding you."

A nagging thought passed her mind and she chose to speak it aloud as she turned back to the screen. "Aren't the Iron Knights Droids or mechanically enhanced people or something?" Having never really paid attention to factions like some people do, she would never be the first to remember these things. Arabi spent her time studying medicine and healing and history. "Could it be some sort of biomechanical substance? Perhaps the black substance is not a parasite, but a delivery system? If so, that is beyond my abilities to fix. We would need a droid expert or someone who understands nano technology a great deal more than I do."

Finally the Cathar shrugged, her ears drooping as she found herself at an end of anything she could do for now. "I really cant say anything for sure until I have access to the substance in a contained environment for study."

Standing alone in the corridor, Xaedrin extended his senses around himself. His connection to the Force was so much stronger than it had once been, offering him so much more than he'd ever known. He closed his eyes, pouring his focused attention into his other senses. With his Force enhanced senses, he could hear the low, steady thrum of the life-support systems on the station as they recycled the air that they breathed and maintained steady, comfortable temperatures throughout. He could feel​ the vibrations of the artificial gravity system through the deck plating beneath his feet. He felt the subtle rush of cold air against his face from the air circulation system of the behemoth. He condensed all of his attention to these two senses, ​hearing and feeling​. With the Force coursing through him he felt as though he knew everything. He imagined he could feel the locations of planets, the paths of comets - it was all his. He felt each tentative step of the interesting one as she came closer, could hear her breath catch as she neared. She was right behind him now. He could feel her breath against his back - or was he imagining that? When she tapped his shoulder, his senses were so focused that it felt like an explosion, yet he remained still. He smiled slowly, reaching toward her mind with his own. Somehow, he simply knew that this was how it must be. He pressed into her mind, pressing his thoughts into hers.

​What is it you seek, child?​ he asked. He sent with the question waves of concern and peace. The question was more than a simple question, it carried with it a longing to know her concerns, her fears, and what she desired in this time of pain. This had always been his forte - and now, even more so.

Just then, he felt the urgent call of the needy one. Rage nearly overtook him, threatening to overwhelm his presence - but he squelched it. Mustn't go, I mustn't go - monsters lurking down below, If I go I cannot stay, not yet time to join the fray ...​ He silenced the call for now, he'd answer when he was ready. He couldn't argue with fate, could he?

[member="Kirie Ito"] | [member="Lady Kay"]

Ghorua was simply an observer.

He didn't know much about sciences, or diseases. He had some experience with biochemical engineering, due to his own alterations, but it was limited. He simply didn't know enough to do anything but stand tall, waiting for the brainier bunch to discuss their plans.

So when the talks between [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Arix Valen"], [member="Sol Damerin"], [member="Bradshaw Ku"], and [member="Arabi Cordelle"] turned to finding a sample of the substance, Ghorua caught up. He wasn't an observer any more.

Finding and catching things was what he did for a living. He was a Bounty Hunter, and a good one, at that.

After a short wait, he stepped up to Bradshaw and Arabi, removing his helmet. It revealed a round, dark face, teeth shining like diamonds in the artificial lighting. His black eyes were bottomless, holding a deep intelligence. He smirked, waiting for Bradshaw to respond to the Cathar before butting in.

"I don't know about you, Master Jedi," he said, a bit of a smirk on his face, "but I prefer to focus on what I know, not what I don't. I'll leave the guesswork up to you and the Lady." He turned to Bradshaw, a hint of concern shadowing his features.

"What I do know is that these oozed-up super soldiers are tough to drop. It might be nice to have some muscle at your back when you get out there."

His motive would be easy to spot. He wasn't going to let the Prince of Commenor, the son of one of his best friends, go out and get himself killed over some slime.

"So, Mi'Lord," the Herglic bowed comically, "would you let me accompany you?"

- [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] - [member="Kirie Ito"] - [member="Valjan Hon'rey"] -

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay stood with her back against the wall, so that [member="Sol Damerin"] had his back to everyone else. Who knows if they were able to read lips as well as [member="Kirie Ito"] . But it wasn't as though she wanted to take the chance. She nodded her head to allow him to turn his vibro blades on and then listened carefully to the words that he spoke so softly. So he was another that hid his Force Sensitivity asshe did, although perhaps in a different way and for different reasons. "I won't tell. You have my word. And you may use my office for a secluded place. We can just say that you need to connect with one of your contacts privately. That should suffice. And it's a good idea to search for Force connections with the substance as well. The Iron Knights used lightsabers in their attack on Commenor, so they must somehow have skills in it." She glanced to [member="Valjan Hon'rey"] as she stood by the door, before turning her attention back to Sol. "You can go there now if you'd like. Straight down the hall, third door to the right. Password to gain entry is 'sapir'." Kay made a habit of never keeping anything in her office there that she didn't want to risk being stolen. So she wasn't worried about giving him the code.

She bowed her head and then went back to the others. Valjan seemed to have missed part of her speech of sorts to the others and was the first to ask about payment. Now wasn't the time to discuss it, however she did let them all know that there would be payment for them if they required it. But that was better left for later.

She looked to [member="Arabi Cordelle"] and nodded as she fully agreed. All that they had was guesswork right now, brought on by what they had witnessed and what they had found so far on the holonet. Kay smiled a little as she watched [member="Ghorua the Shark"] and [member="Bradshaw Ku"] . They'd make a fine team and she knew of Ghorua's loyalty to her family. Hard to believe that the first time that they'd met was when he hunted her down and beat her. Now they had saved eachother's lives on countless occasions.

"This is a big station, ladies and gentlemen. Finding the controled ones could be easy, or it could be hard. Bringing them here could be another story. The plan is to split up. Those that want to help set up the lab, remain here. Those that want to hunt down our quarry, you may do so now. Try to keep out of commlink contact. The Iron Knights could be paying attention to that. Only use it in emergencies. And remember to try to bring them here alive. If there's no pressing questions, we should all get started." Kay looked to each of them, waiting to see who would be going, and who'd be staying.

[member="Ruby"] [member="Ulic Adraya"] [member="Arix Valen"] [member="Jak Sandrow"] [member="Uigin's NPCs"] [member="Kirie Ito"] [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"]

Bradshaw Ku

Crown Prince of Commenor
He was about to continue arguing the need to act quickly, anticipating that his Mother would naturally disagree, but she didn’t. That was a new feeling. He was so used to being told not to act by his family and… well most people that he just assumed it was coming. No matter how reasonable his position. “Well… Okay then. Sounds like a hell-of-a-plan to me.”

While [member="Lady Kay"] hadn’t told him to slow down however, [member="Arabi Cordelle"] did that for her. Speaking up with classic words of Jedi wisdom, she responded to his outburst and obvious agitation. -Action without a plan can often lead to failure…- Of course, the Padawan still inside him knew that what she was saying was worth listening to. Then again, she did also say he should -explore his agitation. The Force may be guiding you…-

The force was guiding him to act. Or at least, that was his gut feeling. Hardly the deep exploration she’d suggested, but good enough for him. The Cathar’s words may not have had its desired effect, but they were somehow calming. He’d stopped his crisscrossing patter across the observation deck.

It was the deep, booming words of [member="Ghorua the Shark"]’s offer to accompany him, calling him Mi’Lord, and his theatrical bow, however, that finished shaking him out of the dark place he’d been in and back into his usual self. His features lightened instantly, while a smirk played across his lips to let out a laugh. For better or worse he’d always used humour to distance himself from more serious and painful emotions. It was the only thing that could’ve distracted him from the looming darkness.

Even if he didn’t know the bounty hunter was one of his mother’s closest and loyal friends, or one of the galaxy’s best hunters, the massive ten foot tall hulking figure standing before him in impressive armour would’ve been more than enough to convince him to happily accept the offer. Bradshaw was definitely no hunter.

In answer to his question, Bradshaw simply pointed excitedly at the herglic and amusingly announced to the room, “He’s on my team!… He’s with me! That’s right, I got’em first…”

“Shorty, stay here and find a port you can use to connect to the station’s mainframe. Keep tabs on video feeds and any interesting comings and goings.”

The droid whistled and booped an affirmative before rolling off to find the best spot.

“I’m no expert like you, but something tells me we have to leave the observation deck to start looking, so let’s start there, shall we? After that, feel free to sniff the floor, taste some dirt, or listen for strange noises, or whatever it is you bounty hunters do for tracking. I have to be honest, most of what I know about your profession comes from the holodramas and a few close calls.” He said with more than a little jocularity as he lead the way toward the door where Freeosk stood, still staring at the imperial guards in the hall.

When they got to the yuzzem, Bradshaw urged him along, “C’mon ya big hairy lump, time to stop looking dreamy eyed at these poor Imperial troopers and start finding us some infected to drag back to the lab,” he pointed back at the Shark, “Freeosk, meet Ghorua, Ghorua, meet Freeosk. Ghorua will be lending us his extensive talents.”

The massive, heavily muscled yuzzem had to look up a good two feet to meet the Shark’s eyes. He’d never seen an intelligent beast so much larger than him self. He was very impressed, “Finally, a warrior worth the name. Not like all these puny humanoids!”

Lady Kay wanted to keep their hunt as under wraps as possible. It was going to be more difficult with a Prince and Padawan accompanied by a huge yuzzem and the even larger and heavily armed Shark. They made for an odd and conspicuous team indeed.

- [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] - [member="Kirie Ito"] - [member="Sol Damerin"] - [member="Valjan Hon'rey"] - [member="Ulic Adraya"] - [member="Arix Valen"] - [member="Jak Sandrow"] - [member="Uigin's NPCs"] -

Further disparate conversations continue to break out, most following possible paths of what the substance might be and variations on the potential of a biological component. The conversation between the woman who had called them all here and the man reaching slowly for his vibroblades was one piqueing her interest, unfortunately the man's technique was paying off as the recording elements of her helmet have trouble sifting through the white noise generated in the low thrum of the vibroblades. Her fingers slowly rest against the lower section of the helmet much like they would if a chin were present, black gloves gently tapping along the metallic surface. Pheh....an old trick. Time would lend itself to deciphering...mmm we'll keep it on the datapad.

Helmet's gaze slowly shifting, she pushes off of the wall and stalks over to the gathered group beginning to form for their disparate tasks. The woman who had gathered them all speaking again on moving into groups to see this task done and quickly. And still nothing on what our payment will be...this is quite irksome. Yes, but we're here to observe... and catching one of these 'controlled' beings will be quite bountiful for exactly that purpose. Payment is a bonus here, yes? Very well. Approaching the small gathering around the frankly interesting specimen of a beast, she offers a curt nod to those gathered and extends her hand to the carnivorous looking creature.

"Valjan, a pleasure to meet you all but especially so someone of your....enhancements?" she inquires with a slight cant to her helmet before continuing, "Forgive my curiosity, I doubt we have much time for it. I have a predilection for finding things and capturing them myself though those talents are better served aboard something with capacity for space travel."

Taking her hand back at this point, whether the shake is reciprocated or not, she brings it roughly to where a mouth might be behind the helmet and feigns a cough. Distorted through the mechanism of the rebreather, she speaks softly, "I can be of some assistance in capturing one of these beings, though I may need to gather a few supplies prior to starting out. I do think the lady is correct however...we should split into groups to maximize the chance of an encounter and the probability of success."

Turning slightly from the group, her helmet seems to take a measured glance at every individual gathered before finally settling on the largest gathering of bodies in the room. Her voice amplified again, she offers a warm laugh and speaks calmly, "So, who would like to come with me in securing these targets?" As she asks the question the force bubbles around her briefly, a probe attempting to gather information on those who are force sensitive corraled in this room. To anyone with the sense, the momentary revelation of her own aura would convey a sense of something shattered and pieced back together. Powerful but blindly fumbling down instinctual pathways, much like a jackhammer attempting to do the job far more suited to a pick.

[member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] [member="Kirie Ito"] [member="Sol Damerin"] [member="Bradshaw Ku"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Arabi Cordelle"]

"Thank you, your majesty." Sol says deciding he liked the woman. Understanding, decisive, willing to listen to her subordinates, and she was planning ahead. If more of his clients and superior officers had been like her he might not have as many issues with authority as he did now. Hell, if half the Jedi Masters had been like her he might not have left the order. No that wasn't true the order had never been for him and if he'd stayed he'd have been stuck in a rut for the rest of his days.

Turning he finally takes note of the Sith. One more force wielder couldn't hurt and another perspective might help figure this whole thing out, those were the pros. Another person that would almost definitely stab as many people in the back as they could if they thought it would get them something to watch for, was the big con. Ah well, nothing he could really do about it but keep his guard up around her and the imperial.

Slipping out her the observation deck he heads to her office, plugs in the code and step in. She needn't have worried about him stealing anything he doesn't even look around the room. He heads straight to the middle of the floor, moves anything that might be in the way out of the way so he has space, and then settles down in lotus position. Inhale, Exhale. Drop force stealth and reach out with his senses, create ripples within himself and see what ripples back from The Force.

A moment later he gets up and searches for an intercom if he finds one he uses it to call The Observation deck. If he doesn't he walks back and sticks his head in. Either way, his message is brief and to the point. "They are on the station, I think they are near the docking bay. I'm not sure. Definitely here though." He does wait for a response or to answer awkward questions like how he knows this, he either turns off the intercom or ducks back out the door.

This done he goes back to his meditations. Sure, he could handle the crisis he just reported but they had lots of people for that. If he needed to fight he would but for the moment his talents were best used trying to glean more information from The Force. Back to the floor, back to the lotus position, inhale, exhale. As he generates ripples in the force dark side energies begin to swirl around the room as light side energies coalesce near his body. Send out ripples still the energies within himself wait to see what ripples The Force sends back, let them move through him examine them try and divine their meaning, look for messages, visions, find the path The Force is trying to create. Inhale, exhale.

[member="Arabi Cordelle"] | [member="Bradshaw Ku"] | [member="Valjan Hon'rey"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"]

Kay-Larr

Kay looked to [member="Bradshaw Ku"] as he sort of shouted his glee over [member="Ghorua the Shark"] wanting to venture through the station with him. It lightened up her mood just a tad, though she really needed to be focused on the task at hand. [member="Valjan Hon'rey"] soon joined them, relaying some of her skillset. It seemed she was a hunter too, although something about her made Kay feel uneasy. She couldn't quite pinpoint what that was however. Maybe in time she'll figure it out. Regardless, she didn't keep her gaze lingering for very long.

Her eyes followed Shorty as he beeped and found his way to the nearest port. The astromech reminded her of her own. Her name was Mrs. Nesbitt and she was excellent at brewing tea. Sadly [member="Krest"] killed her, crushing her until there was nothing left but a mid-sized ball of compacted metal. Maybe she could teach Shorty how to brew tea?

Kay's attention was pulled to [member="Sol Damerin"] as he poked his head into the room and gave out a bit of information before disappearing again. Well that was comical in it's own way. And bizarre too. There had to be a better way for him to communicate that was also secure in case [member="Ruby"] and the Iron Knights were listening in on electronic communications.

There was a way...

She looked to [member="Arabi Cordelle"] . "I'm going to get us some equipment and have it brought in here. I'll return as quick as I can." Kay headed out of the room and through the door. The Troopers would probably stay behind with [member="Arix Valen"] for all that she knew. But she didn't intend on being gone long.

Quick footfalls brought her to her office. Of course there was no equipment in there. Only Sol. She unlocked the door and opened it, stepping inside and quietly closing the door behind her. Kay spotted him right away in the center of the room in meditation. She waited for him to come out of it before she dared to speak. More than likely he already knew that she was there.

Visions of possible futures were swimming through Sol's head as he tried to find the relevant ones. He did not understand everything about The Force but he had learned a few things when it came to precognition. If The Force gave you a true vision without you asking for it, then it almost always came true. However, if you took initiative and tried to induce a vision it would give you possibilities and variables, at least for him. He didn't know if what he saw was simply manifestations of his own mind or phantom futures that the force allowed him to glimpse as he tries to induce a true vision.

So he sat and images of what would happen to this station if they didn't stop The Incursion infected flooded his mind. He saw himself poisoned by the ooze, he saw himself die, he saw himself escape only for the station to fall and that wasn't even the disturbing parts. He saw infected sweeping through the halls killing everyone they came across men, women, and children. He saw those who surrendered being turned. It was not pretty.

Yet he keeps on looking for those paths that would lead to success, they were not as common as he would like and he sees none that come without fatalities. What is more frustrating is that he cannot divine the steps to put them on this path, he can only see that victory is a possibility but not how it might be achieved... Or maybe he was missing a core piece of information to provide context to what he saw? More information may help his precognition...

Someone was going to open the door. Inhale, exhale. Sol slowly opens his eyes dropping out of his meditative state as the doors slide open. [member="Lady Kay"] is standing before him and he tries not to remember the potential futures he'd seen involving her death. "Your majesty." He says without getting up. "Need something?"

Kay-Larr

Kay gave [member="Sol Damerin"] a little nod as she fished out a small pouch from a hidden pocket in her gown. "Please, just call me Kay. I'm not a real stickler for formalities and titles, especially during times like these." She opened the pouch and looked inside of it, almost hesitating before reaching in and pulling out a ring. It was more like an engraved band of copper than anything flashy, ordaned with symbols that Kay couldn't translate. "Here. Take it. Running back and forth isn't good, nor is communicating over commlinks or otherwise. Secure channels might not be very secure. But this ring will allow us to communicate to eachother with our thoughts. But don't worry. It doesn't allow us to probe eachother's minds, only to hear thoughts that we wish to project out to eachother. Use it when you've discovered something in your meditations or if you're in danger."

Normally people didn't take such powerful objects from strangers, but there was no ill intent written on her. She was saving that ring to give to [member="Bradshaw Ku"] so that she could keep in touch with him whenever he was far from home, but that could be done later, after this whole thing was finished. Surely they were on the winning side....They had to be.

Jak Sandrow

"Nobody cares for the woods anymore."
Once [member="Ulic Adraya"] had given him a rundown on what was going on (what he knew, anyway), Jak gave him a polite wave and headed out on his own. He had some scouting to do.

Finding a secluded washroom, he set down his satchel and began to unpack the mechanisms within, and soon he was wearing a skeletal exosuit that, upon activation, made him invisible from head to toe. Time to go to work.

Making his sneaky way down the hallway, he headed in the direction Adraya had pointed him in, moving up the space station till he was just outside the doorway. The Force signatures there were concentrated, so he slowly sent out a tendril of assurance towards them, making sure that they knew he existed, but that he wasn't going to join them just yet. Once that was done, he made his way up to the top. If he could get access to comms, he'd have a much better chance of knowing what was going on.

[member="Sol Damerin"]
[member="Lady Kay"]
[member="Valjan Hon'rey"]

Sol doesn't seem too phased by being told to call the queen by her first name, though it was another mark in her favour. However, the offer of the ring does get him to raise a single eyebrow his expression neutral. If the ring did what she said it was potent since pure telepathy through the force was not something he'd heard of except in a few esoteric tomes. That she was offering such a thing to him, considering its likely value, spoke volumes of worry she had over their situation. It also made him wonder if perhaps the Queen had some talent in the force, he had to assume that what powered the ring after all.

Not his business if she was though.

Getting to his feet he comes over and takes the ring. "Alright, thanks. I'll be sure to give it back when this business is sorted." Slipping it onto his right hand he returns to the floor and settles back down. Not one to waste words it appears as though Sol was intent on getting right back to his meditations. Inhale, exhale. Search for wisdom in the paths of the force. So far he'd only seen flashes of what was already happening he needed to find true hints of what was to come.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Chuckling harshly, a muffled sound through the mask she wore, Gvibr simply, easily, began to slowly spin the saberstaff in her hand - lazy, swooping motions that caused the crimson hue that filled the room to flicker and dance; punctuated by the soft, spitting humming of plasma. Behind her mask, her eyes - the only thing visible to the woman before her - glared outwards, the odd mix of amber and grey slowly blending into an odd mix of amber and sickly yellow. "I'm afraid..." The words were drawled out, rather than spoken, as Gvibr began to loosen the tight grip she maintained on her Presence with in the Force ever so slightly; just enough that the Padawan would be bale to feel nothingness beginning to press heavily upon her shoulders. "...That my obedience is impossible. I am swore to one man, I submit to one man. No other may wield my loyalty. Let alone a weakling like yourself."

If one would have been able to peer at Gvibr's back, beneath the folds of cloth and armour, to the blackened and charred skin beneath they would bare witness to an anomaly possible only through the impossibility of that Dark Side. Flames and embers would seem to surge to life, as if the fires that had seared at her skin had not been extinguished but, instead, simply subdued. Yet, they did not burn at fabric and cloth, nor did they singe flesh any more that it already was. They simply began to writhe and twist within caves of cracked and carbonised skin and even beginning to seemingly dance along her skin out towards her arms. Whatever it was that had given birth to these flames, it was not natural. And, as more and more embers sparked and danced into flames over the next few seconds of silence, this would become clear to the Padawan as, instead of just pressure weighing down on her shoulders, there was now a distinct sense of impending heat and specks of darkness beginning to writhe within Gvibr's Presence.

"That said: I pursued you because of my Lord." The spinning of the saberstaff halted, the pressure upon the Padawan's shoulders halted and the flames halted there advancement. Tension would hang in the air, balancing on a knife's edge - even the slightest of pushes in either direction enough to upset the balance. "You are weak, but, you are useful. So weak you bowed when broken - you did not transcend but regressed and now rely on borrowed power. But, that is no matter. As I have said, tell me the secrets of that substance, that which shattered you and molded you into the weak form I see before me, and I shall aid you. I shall point my weapon at you foes, I shall ensure your success. That I assure." Suddenly, the pressure upon the Padawan would return, but, more so this time. A surging fire of carefully attended to rage would press upon her shoulders and her mind equally - all of Gvibr's focus directed upon the woman before her as she struck and battered at her on a spiritual level and a mental one simultaneously. "But, should you choose to foolishly oppose, then, you will be greeted by the death you 'Masters' chose to spare you. And I shall ensure that you suffer how they would have suffered."

Taking two steps towards the Padawan, close enough now that she would only need the slightest of lunges to accompany a strike with her saberstaff to bisect the foolish girl, Gvbir's voice dropped in volume harshly. When she next spoke, she spoke in a hushed hissed that held within it the promise of pain and suffering. "I shall remove you hands as they one were. I will remove you legs below the knee. I will then precede to reduce your legs to nothingness centimeter by centimeter. I will delve into your mind and I will lock you within that pain, leave you in such a state until you are sobbing, begging for the end to you torment. The, and only then, will the hands of death wrap around your soul. But, it will not be quick. You will experience every second as I push my saber deeper and deeper into your chest, luxuriating in the feeling of it searing through flesh, muscle, bone and, finally, after hours have passed, your heart. Through all this, I will ensure that you are kept conscious, kept aware and kept alive." Not once did Gvibr's voice raise above that hiss. Not once did her tone change to show passion or disgust at her words. Every word that fell from her lips was spoken in that hiss that promised pain dispassionately. And, throughout it all, Gvibr's Presence would press upon the Padawan.

Holding out a gloved right hand, the flames that had danced upon her back surged forwards to gather along within the palm of her left hand, which she subtly directed to point towards one of the crates. Into the quiet, Gvibr spoke once more, fingers crooked invitingly as she held her hand aloft and towards the Padawan. "What, is your choice, my dear? And do not think that you can intimidate me with your calls for aid." Behind her mask, a smirk pulled at cold lips as the snake hissed her words once more. "What. Is. Your. Choice?"

[member="Lady Kay"]

[SIZE=12pt]Kirie paused, now unsure of herself. The tension, the rising hysteria she'd felt as she approached the mysterious figure had been pushed down. It hadn't disappeared, or even faded; it had been concealed by a new wave of emotion. An acute sense of calm washed over her. As the man turned to face her she felt as if he was trustworthy, as if he was a valuable ally, and someone with which she could share her secrets.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]At the same time, the logical voices in her head screamed at her, trying to escape past the overwhelming calm. Deep within her subconscious, she knew what this man was. But she was unable to realise it. She had been blinded.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]The strange man slowly turned to face her, still statuesque in appearance. One he was facing her his features broke and he smiled his eerie smile, the unease began to rise up again inside her. Who was this man? What did he want? She tensed slightly, ready to step back; to run if necessary.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Once again those thoughts melted away, and Kirie felt an odd kind of... connection to the man. Then, like a bolt of lightning through a clear night-time sky, she heard him. The words came to her, clear as day. Not through her ruined ears, but inside her head. "What is it you seek, child?" She was transported to her childhood home on Balmorra. The sound of the parents talking, the other kids yelling as they played out in the street. The dull whine of the machines in the hospital, the emotionless chatter of the nurses and the doctors, with their advanced tools and modern medicines, none of which could save her hearing but cost enough to bankrupt her parents several times over. She remembered the myriad of sounds. She remembered the last time she'd heard music, by that point she could only hear the notes faintly, and the quieter ones had escaped her altogether. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]She looked towards the figure, the first person to truly speak to her in 14 years. Tears filled her eyes, and trickled down her cheeks. The calmness, the gratitude, it had filled her until she was about to burst. She rose her hands shakily, signing to him. "How? How do you do this? How can I do it? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Kirie was desperate, she had been given a taste of the life she had lost. Now was a chance to move past the hardship, to escape the darkness that hung over her in her every waking hour. She was completely unaware of the trap she had fallen into. She had no comprehension of the misdirection to which she had succumbed. Any unease, concern, or perception of danger had been obliterated, and all she new was the man ahead, and the gift he'd given her.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]| [member="Uigin's NPCs"] | [member="Sol Damerin"] | [member="Jak Sandrow"] | [member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Valjan Hon'rey"] | [member="Bradshaw Ku"] | [member="Ghorua the Shark"] | [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] | [member="Arabi Cordelle"] | [member="Ulic Adraya"] | [member="Arix Valen"] |[/SIZE]​

Kay-Larr

Kay nodded as [member="Sol Damerin"] took the ring from her. She pulled out an identical one from the pouch and slipped it on her own finger on her right hand. She didn't attempt to try it, nor did she believe that he would lie to her about returning it. Hopefully they'd all make it out of here alive and successful in their mission. But there was no guarantee.

As he went back to meditate, she slipped the pouch back in the hidden pocket of her gown and left her office. She then almost ran to the medical wing where she found it fully stocked. She didn't dare tell the nurses and doctors on board of what she was doing outside of some healers wanting to learn a few things in one of the conference rooms. Kay picked out a gurney and then began piling supplies and equipment on it, everything to monitoring equipment, bacta gel packs, IV's, to bandages. When the gurney was loaded till it was almost overflowing, she started wheeling it back.

The journey to the observation deck took longer than she had expected, and using the lift was required instead of the stairs. [member="Jak Sandrow"] was near the door by the time that she had arrived, almost blocking it. "Excuse me. I need to pass through please."

************************​

The Padawan watched [member="Uigin's NPCs"] quite closely. She stood protectively against the metal case, and as the Sith twirled her staff, an odd sensation of weight started to bear down on her. She stiffened her body to keep herself upright, the Sith's words pouring out of her mouth like a broken faucet. Flames came then, sparks and embers that had somehow jumped onto her shoulders and seared her flesh. The Padawan grit her teeth as sweat began to form, her body's desperate attempt to cool down her body's temperature.

And then it lifted. The pain had ceased enough to be tolerated as the Sith continued speaking. It gave her time. The black substance moved through her veins towards her shoulders and blackened the skin while it repaired the damage underneath the fabric of her clothes. Her eyes went an even darker pitch black, showing no reflection at all, making them appear almost hollow.

Again she gathered the Force around herself, letting it pulsate to call for help. Where was Lord Onyx? Where was [member="Ruby"] and the Knights that served under the Lord Commander? Again the onslaught of fire came, this time much more intense. She cried out in pain both in body and mind, the grip on the metal blade in her hand tightening to almost be a grip of steel in itself. The ultimatum was given. Torture or release, and all for a knowledge that she possessed. Yes, she had lost her limbs before, but they regrew. She was enhanced. This Sith's saber could cause damage easily enough, but what was given to her could repair it. That gave her confidence.

An answer was asked for. Well, she'd surely have it. The Padawan threw the metal blade towards the Sith's head, knowing full well that it'd be blocked. All that she needed was the split second distraction so that she could grab her own lightsaber from her belt and ignite it, it's green blade contrasting with the crimson. "Lord Onyx rules all. Lord Onyx will save you. Succomb to His will, or He will destroy you..." The crates' contents were safe. She knew that. Her death would ensure that.

[member="Kirie Ito"] [member="Bradshaw Ku"] [member="Ghorua the Shark"] [member="Ulic Adraya"] [member="Arix Valen"] [member="Arabi Cordelle"] [member="Valjan Hon'rey"]

It came to him in flood of feelings, pictures, and impressions. It was too much for him to understand - years of pain and longing, condensed into a burst of thought. The equivalent of a mental, informational scream. He didn't catch all of it, but he caught some. She was broken, and didn't want to be. He understood that. Standing there, facing her, he raised his gloved hands and slowly lowered his dark hood revealing his twisted visage. His eyes were solid black - not as if they'd been painted, but as if there was nothing there. The type of black that was akin to staring into an abyss. Black tendrils snaked up his face under his skin, showing the perfection that he'd been granted. He continued to assail her with waves of peace as he slowly took a step closer. He smiled at her, reassuringly. He did want to help her - he had her answer. He watched her face as tears began to pool at the corners of her eyes. Watched as they began to slide down her face, marking her pristine skin as they passed.

He watched her raise her hands, a flurry of motion that he didn't understand. Somehow, though, he knew what it meant. The interesting one wanted the gift​. Still mentally connected to her, he reached out his hand, gently brushing the backs of his fingers against her left cheek. I can restore you, child.​ He spoke the words into her mind, continuing to flood her with reassuring thoughts. It was odd to call her child, as they were roughly the same age. But then, that wasn't true anymore. He was ancient now.

You need but to ask.

[member="Kirie Ito"]

Ghorua couldn't stop himself from laughing at [member="Bradshaw Ku"]'s idea of what Bounty Hunters did, guffawing into the air seemingly without a care in the world. Brad may not have been the most professional, but his humor would be sorely appreciated. "You ain't far off, little Lord." WIth a nod, the four probe droids hovering around the Shark zipped off, exiting the room and dispersing through the station.

If there was something to be found, they'd find it soon enough.

He followed the Human to another strange creature. A Yuzzem, a species rarely seen out of their home system. The bigger being seemed slightly in-awe of the Herglic, and he couldn't blame the man. "A pleasure, Freeosk. Let's hope for both of our sakes that these 'puny humanoids' are tougher than they look." He gave a sideways glance to the young prince before noticing a new presence.

A helmeted individual. Any other might not know who could be under it, but Ghorua knew the scent of Iridonian Zabrak well. Ghorua had dueled an Iridonian Sith, years ago. It was a good bout, and the other was a cunning warrior, but the Shark had prevailed. Despite [member="Valjan Hon'rey"]'s species' reputation, Ghorua wasn't moved. He studied her thoughtfully, taking her small hand in his own to shake. Everything he did was calculated as he observed this new player.

"A pilot could be useful." Ghorua inclined his head to Bradshaw, a raised eyebrow betraying his caution.

When she called out for volunteers to join her, Ghorua's eyes narrowed slightly. "Splitting up would usually be a good idea, Ms. Valjean, but not when it might take all of us to take one of these things." Ghorua straightened, abandoning his carefree attitude.

"By all means, you're free to join us when you're ready. My probes will find us a trail."

- - -
The probes began to fan out throughout the station, unnoticeable throughout the constant din, and their quiet, meek demeanor. They began to rifle through the small, nervous-looking crowds, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Then, Probe #3 heard the ignition of lightsabers. The glow of green and red.

[member="Uigin's NPCs"] - [member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Xaedrin Vondiranach"] - [member="Kirie Ito"] - [member="Arabi Cordelle"] - [member="Sol Damerin"] -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom