Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Worm That Walks

Methuzal

M
[ IMAGE ]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NHB684BBRc[/youtube]

NAME: METHUZAL
SPECIES: UNCLASSIFIED
AGE: DATE OF BIRTH - 400 ABY | DATE OF DEATH - 426 ABY | DATE OF REANIMATION - 836 ABY
HEIGHT: 1.9 METERS
WEIGHT: 97.5 KILOGRAMS
EYES: GONE
SKIN: GONE
FORCE SENSITIVE: YES

FACTION: INDEPENDENT

STRENGTHS:
  • [ UNDEAD ] - [ Methuzal has risen from the grave, albeit in an unexpected way. He does not need to eat, drink, or rest. He feels precious little in terms of pain unless the light side of the Force is involved. In which case, it tends to smart. ]
  • [ WORM ] - [ Methuzal's form is entirely comprised of worms, maggots, and various larva. This allows him to change his shape to some degree, in addition to regenerate his form or scatter to the wind at any given turn. This form is also horrifying to a great many people, and inspires fear in even the most hardened soldiers. ]
  • [ SITH SORCERER ] - [ Methuzal is one of the few to possess an innate talent and ability for Sith Magic. Despite being relatively untrained, Methuzal has a strong connection to the Force, particularly the Dark Side. ]

WEAKNESSES:
  • [ ABOMINATION ] - [ Methuzal is clearly not a very Light Side oriented abomination. As such, attacks steeped in the Light Side will have much greater affect on him than anything else. ]
  • [ HYDROPHOBIC ] - [ As one can imagine, a large group of worms and maggots would not fair very well if blasted with a fire hose or thrown into a large body of water. This realization means that Methuzal avoids large bodies of water at all costs and typically prefers planets that are covered entirely in land. ]
  • [ VERMIN I ] - [ The vermin that comprise Methuzal feed off his presence in the Force. If he overexerts himself in manipulating the Force or completely exhausts himself, the vermin will begin to disperse. In the worst of cases, Methuzal will completely dissolve and take several weeks to reform. ]
  • [ VERMIN II ] - [ Maggots, worms, and other larvae seldom smell very nice. They also very seldom look appealing. As a result of his condition, Methuzal cannot really enter any public space without causing quite a bit of commotion. ]
  • [ VERMIN III ] - [ Vermin on their own aren't necessarily very threatening. They aren't in a large pile either. Although he won't feel pain and may regenerate later on, smacking Methuzal with a large hammer enough times will break him apart and cause the vermin comprising his form to disperse until he can regenerate later. A great inconvenience. ]

BIOGRAPHY:
Methuzal does not remember much of his past, only recalling scattered bits and pieces. The very name Methuzal was a relatively recent fabrication of his own and is not his birth name. The creature that would become Methuzal was born over four-hundred years ago, but of what species and gender remains a mystery, as does his home planet. Wherever it was, it was likely in the Outer Rim or some similarly remote region of space. As a young being, he fell in line with a cult of pseudo-Sith. He learned among their ranks for a good portion of his life, but it wasn't to last.

Twenty-six years later, the Gulag Virus hit. The cult was wiped out almost instantly, but the creature that became Methuzal managed to relocate to Barkhesh. In a futile attempt to stave off death, the creature sealed itself in an underground tomb inside one of Barkhesh's innumerable Sith temples. He died anyway, though whether that was because of infection or starvation is anyone's guess.

​Worms and other unsavory creatures eventually found their way into the tomb, devouring the corpse. Through some bizarre twist of fate, these worms did not disperse once the corpse was fully consumed. They continued to feed on some unknown force. Over the course of over four hundred years, these worms continued to pile up in the tomb. They conglomerated, eventually giving shape to the being that now refers to itself as Methuzal.

It is an interesting read but being undead might be against the rules and even the oldest characters on the site @[member="Disciple"] and Tricia have their ages listed but the being undead might violate the rules.

Methuzal

M
@[member="Shinjū Aÿasha"]
@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

I put "old as hell" because I didn't think too far into it yet. Don't worry about that too much. It won't be excessive.

Being undead is not against the rules.

True, after all I myself am a ghost in a metal shell.... a really big one. But even I in this state am mortal. Being classified as undead would indicate it wouldn't matter how many times we slaughtered you, you'd pretty much still be kicking.

Also

Gross.

Methuzal

M
If this character was thrown into an ocean, he would break apart. Further, all the little critters that make him up would drown fairly quickly, thus killing him permanently. Could probably reach a similar result if you got a high-pressure water hose and just went to town. Same if you incinerated everything.

Technically speaking, no one can kill a character any more without explicit permission, so it's really a moot point. Methuzal can be beaten, ripped apart, etc., etc. Just like any other schmuck running around. He's got a few strengths and enough weaknesses that I think he's balanced enough to get through the day. It's all good, party people.

I dont see why a species, could be extremely old, almost ancient living somehow on something feeding on force? But if a something was undead in theory wouldn't the force not flow naturally through it? Unless somehow have some powerful force user ressurected you. IDK. I love the concept though!

Methuzal

M
Goddamn, that's a good point.

I mean undead in the sense that he died and subsequently, y'know, came back to life in a rather unsavory manner. The worms 'n sich that comprise him are alive.

I'm not sure if there is a current SW race like that, you might need to make one but I could help you because I use to have a character on another forum that was basically a living parasite. You could say something along the lines of these parasites feed on decomposing corpses of various aliens, making enough room to lay their eggs in which their children grow inside. Upon reaching such a age, the thousands of individual parasites that hold the same mind (think legion in a sense) band togther and take over the functions of the remaining organs, seemingly reanimating the body or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom