Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Witches of Dathomir

I am really just trying to gauge reaction and interest. I have spent a few days on this rough draft of a possible faction. I want to see if anyone out there might be interested in joining or helping get this started. I'm also looking for general input from the members. Be gentle, I'm new!
THE WITCHES OF DATHOMIR
tumblr_mwf6yqpr6Q1sk06yjo1_500.gif
(Yeah I went there and I'm gonna keep going there lol)
GENERAL
Name: Witches of Dathomir
Capital: Obviously not Dathomir because it is currently in Mandolorian control. Maybe Dagobah
Alignment: Neutral

HISTORY
Generally, this large coven of Force Sensitive 'witches' is descended from the Witches of Dathomir of old (not to be confused with the Nightsisters.) The history surrounding their departure from Dathomir is still being cooked up and open to change, but the general idea would be they left Dathomir to spread the teachings of the Book of Law. They will have settled in the farthest reaches of the galaxy when they found a suitable planet and will now be a flourishing society with a rich culture.

ORGANIZATION
The key difference between these witches and those of Dathomir is that both males and females will be included in the leadership. However the supreme leadership must always be held by a female member of the faction (some things never die.)

tumblr_mvk884qnyx1r70le6o1_500.gif

Supreme Leadership: A single All-Mother will rule the Witches IC, but as much less of an executive authority and war chief as much as she is a mentor and counselor. Regardless she will hold supreme authority over the actions of all clans.

tumblr_mvjcnrhZrA1risiw2o2_500.gif

The Council: A body composed of all Clan Mothers and Clan Fathers who advise the All-Mother and oversee the day-to-day executive government of the faction. They are the collective Head of Government to the All-Mother's Head of State role.

Clans: The Faction will be organized into clans of a set number (havent decided) and will be governed by a single Clan Mother or Clan Father.

CODE, GOALS, BELIEFS ETC.
tumblr_n1qcn7YNzd1rwong9o1_400.gif
The primary tenet of the Witches is Never Concede to Evil, however they maintain their neutrality with a tendency toward good. 'Evil' magicks are generally forbidden by the clans, but may still be utilized by certain sects of the faction if the All-Mother deems their purposes to be pure.

Allya is revered as a semi-divine being and is worshiped to an extent. In reality, the idea of Allya is worshiped as it is widely known she was not, in fact, divine. Meanwhile, the All-Mother enjoys the inviolable status of a Pope, making 'religious' pronouncements and interpreting the Book of Laws in a case by case fashion as needed. Her word is the word of Allya.

The Holy Text of the organization is the Book of Law and is upheld as sacred to all within the faction:

Daughters of Allya.
Learn these words and learn them well, for they are the foundations
that will increase your strength and keep you safe from harm.
Those who suffer emotion will never enjoy peace.
Those who choose ignorance will never know their own greatness.
Those who yield to passion will fail to dominate.
Those who fear death will never achieve pure power.
Never forget that your magic must always be used wisely.
Never concede to evil, lest you be consumed by it.

The goal of the faction is to bring these tenets to the 'unwashed masses' of the universe. Uncivilized, unsettled planets without leadership or guidance. They seek to give light to darkness not through war and battle, but by peaceful conversion to their beliefs.

Vanir

Lightning-Struck Angel
[member="Bee"]

Apparently, the Dathomiri are Mandalorians or something like that...

Cool idea to re-vamp it, though.

Should probably find somewhere with a stronger nexus than Dagobah if you're gonna base a whole nation of witches around it.

@[member='Zap Angel'],
If all else failed, we could create a new planet with a strong force nexus. A strong nexus would likely be what draws the Witches to a planet in the first place.

@[member='Lavania'],
Would be interested in partnering with the old faction to create a new, stronger one.

If anyone would interested in helping me lead the faction, please feel free to contact me on Skype at QueenBee32262

[member="Bee"]

The witches are an awesome part of the sith(?) palette. Mothers of Maul and all :)

The Mandos have abig chunk of witch-material me thinks - so make sure to contact them.
I totaly support this OOC wise, and if you can come up with an idea on how I can help whip up some interest just ping me.

Cheers!

@[member='Sempra the Hutt'],

Well, it is important to remember in this case that TRUE Witches of Dathomir are light-side witches. Only the Nightsister clan was affiliated with the dark-side, but dark side force powers are prohibited in Dathomirian culture.

As for the home-world Witches, they would only be loosely affiliated with this clan as this clan was formed purely for an off-world purpose and would then later develop into its own distinct sect of witches independent from Dathomir rule.

I will, however approach both groups.

[member="Bee"]

Ah, my bad, regardless. I like witches. They got pretty noses! :)

A thought would be not to focus too much on a planet just yet. Find a location to perform a "gathering ritual" or something that Draws the witches together for a starting point. And then turn into the "exiled witches" or something like that for a while. Get to know the mileu of Chaos Before you go for the home planet.

Alot of great RP could come from searching for a suitable home.

Should be interesting to see another lightside clan starting outside of Dathomir.

Witches of Dathomir contain all 9 traditional clans as they traditionally serve allya or their respective nightsister clans plus some creator made.

Good luck!

So, we will start this off with an NPC 'All-Mother' who will summon interested witches from around the Galaxy. This will introduce the faction and establish who the founding members will be IC.

The ranks for the faction would be:
All Mother (Grand Master)
Mother/Father (Master)
Sister/Brother (Adept/Knight)
Daughter/Son (Initiate)

We are also going to be working on an intensive guide to what is referred to as Allyan Magic that will be associated with the faction. Still looking for potential OOC leaders, but have one other person on board so far.

No. It will be neutral with a certain affinity toward the light side, however members will have a certain measure of freedom to practice their tenets in ways they deem fit.

Bradok

The best Force using smuggler in the Galaxy.
[member="Bee"] great idea! I would love to see this actually happen, and maybe even possibly do a Story Arc later with you if it does get running. If you ever wish to thread let me know and I'm sure we can work out a good story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom