Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The warfare life for me....battle gear for all.

Cole nodded.

"How much lighter are we talking versus protection lose." "If it is only a pound or two lighter and won't stop more than a civilian blaster then it is not much of an option."

Cole looked thoughtful.

"I mean the type of stuff I am talking about is Omega type trouble." "I remember you were thread too right." "So you understand what I am getting at."

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

she sighed

id have to do some more looking into it again i just know it is lighter just not as strong

she seem to freeze then feel her side as she sat down

battle of castameer...yea i was there...rather not talk about it at all..but yeah...that trouble

her demeanor changed slightly as she looked into the distance for a minute
[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole saw the change in his new friend and immediately knew what was happening. He had seen that look before. In the mirror and in the face of many a men after a particularly tough battle. When she sat down he didn't touch her.............no that would be the worst thing to do. She would react violently. Her body may be there with him but her mind..............her mind was somewhere reliving things nobody wanted to relive. Cole did however crouch down near her his voice calm and low.

"Hey hey I get it." "The slightest thing and the smells come back, the sounds, the sight................like you are instantly right back there reliving it all over again." "I wish I could say you get over it....................but you never do." "Over time though you can reach a new normal." "A new normal that doesn't involve a bottle of Ale just to be able to sleep because every time you close your eyes all you see is the war." "The instinct is to bottle it up........so no weakness." "Be the strong shoulder for everyone else." "You need one too..............we all do."

The look in Cole's eyes were all sorrow and compassion from a man who had been in the very state of mind she was in more times than he wanted to admit.

"When your ready..........I am here." "In the mean time why don't I go and do a little reach myself............get a few design ideas." "You find something out you let me know."

Cole slowly stood and took a few steps back.

she could see it, the shells that seemed to not stop, those walkers that kept firing upon her and the fifty men she brought in cover of the two wrecked transports, the rumble as she fired and fired with no hits nothing just,,,

cole is it? i have seen countless battles, skirmishes, dogfights....first battle i fought i lost my left arm to a jedi...and after more and more battles....im 32 now and ive seen so much"she said and closed her eyes again as she rubbed her head gently"castameer...i could just write it off another battle...just another to keep making money....what..what made it the worst was gaining nothing no ground for a hour maybe two just constant fire and shells raining down and near walkers jsut towering over and...just not being able to do anything as men fell

she said as she watched as she rubbed her eyes from the tears

dont worry vod, ill help you get this armor

she said and smiled not even realizing she called him vod

Cole stopped and looked at Star with a frown.

"Not many people know but I used to be Republic Military." "I was a Colonel stationed on Caridia."

He paused almost as if he really didn't want to share the story but continued anyway.

"During her little Coup attempt the then Prime Minister sent Commandos to kill every last one of us on the planet."

Cole paused for a minute turning away.

"I watched every last one of my men die...........three of them died in my arms before I managed to get what remained of the planetary government off world and into exile."

He paused again.

"In return the Queen of Eshan publicly condemned the attacks but privately met with the newly elected Supreme Chancellor to solidify Eshan's status as a Republic world." "They murdered her people in cold blood and she shook their hands like it never happened." "I know I watched her do it."

Cole sighed.

"When Arla and I stormed the Citadel after Mand'alor's speech." "I saw more people die." "I took a blaster to the shoulder, a blaster to the leg, and shattered my ankle." "That was before we made it to the Omega itself."

Cole paused.

"On the Omega I found myself surrounded by Sith Troopers and alone." "You know that last second that seems like a life time before everything goes black................and you are sure you are dead?"

"Yeah I know that feeling Vod..........I know it well." "Every time I close my eyes I see my men die..........I relive the split seconds before everything went dark."

He turned back and looked at her.

"You're not alone." "My entire life I have been a soldier." "My entire life has been about having to watch the people I care about die will I lived.............every day wishing the situation could be reversed."

she looked up at him

a republic soilder too huh

she said as she gave a light smile and listened to him, both were soldiers of war fought all their lives

the republic was a odd thing....like any faction they did what suited them...

she said adn stood slowly as she motioned

come to the back i got some tea and if you dont want that i keep brandy in stock

she said and smiled

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole sighed.

"Brandy..........tea is for children with no worries."

Cole nodded.

"I was born on Eshan but not Force sensitive." "Training is still the same for the most part." "A lot of hand to hand." "My father was Republic military........family business I guess."

Cole followed her to the back.

she looked back at him as she used the force to set some glasses up with ice as she walked over opened the brandy and poured some into both glasses

i was born on naboo....parents were business people...then the accident happened...i was forced to live on nar shadda and picked up piloting along side mercenary work

she seemed to skip a few bits...whether it was noticed or not she didnt know

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole nodded.

"I take it the accident prevented your parents from being able to care for you any more."

It wasn't worded as a question as Cole didn't really want to pry.

"You know my half sister Kaia is around here somewhere." "When our father died my mother couldn't care for her." "She ended up in a similar situation until she managed to catch up with me on Nar Shadaa."

Cole paused grabbing one of the glasses.

"Last time I saw here was when SJO kicked us out of their territory............guess they didn't want us asking about Korriban." "Am sure Kaia is still around here somewhere."

she sighed and nodded

yea

she said before she looked to her glass and poured it out as she chuckled

better not while im expecting

she said and looked to him

yea...i heard about the whole korriban thing...felt it really...hear about what happened to their temple? some criminals went in and played a prank on it
[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole snorted.

"Is that what they are saying?" "Criminals?" "And what do they say about pointing a blaster to my head during the entire trial for the woman who committed the genocide on Korriban while not a single weapon lay within twelve feet of her."

Cole took a sip of the drink.

"Well actually it was more like six heavily armed soldiers after I was detained and my blaster confiscated."

Cole took a deep breath.

"The only reason why their Temple stills stands is because Mand'alor has not deemed it time to burn it down." "When he does however...........I fully intend to light the match myself."

not about us thats for sure but some other group heard it destroyed a few things graffiti and toilet paper

she said getting some milk to drink

the silver jedi are a odd bunch and should not of acted like that...theyll have there last laugh...i dont agree with false orders...then again i never came from one
[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole cocked an eyebrow.

"How do you destroy a building with toilet paper and graffiti?" "That's a new one for me?"

He took another sip of his drink.

"I don't know seemed to me that it was hastily done and considering the outbursts I am not sure the sentence will go over very well." "No clear Judge, no Jury, no argument for prosecution or defense, no evidence submitted." "Not even some deliberation before the verdict was passed."

Cole shrugged.

"I don't much about the Mando way but when i was Republic great care was taken to make sure to dot all the Is and cross all the T's."

She shrugged

Kinda immature if you ask me

She said and got a cookie

Hmmmmm I can see why it was done hastily probably in anger, considering she did orbital bombard a entire city and killed many many people...but being Jedi they should of thought it clearly

She said and chuckled

Mando way is odd if you screw up enough we skip a trial and just boom sometimes we do a trial...I should know...I've seen one

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole shrugged.

"Well they did spare her life so couldn't have been that much anger involved." "Apparently to them the life of one person was worth more than justice for ten thousand." "I don't think you will ever get me to understand that logic but then again I am not a Silver and not my place to judge something as a third party."

Cole looked thoughtful.

"So what constitutes a trial?" "I have heard about a dueling ring but not it's application in terms of law and justice."

She shook her head

Justice is a thing that can happen immediately but sometimes won't the force will punish her and seal her fate

She gave a frown as she sighed

The alors get together and do a guilty not guilty vote, one I saw...my husband was convicted of helping a traitor...a traitor he tried stopping...he was convicted guilt and the mand'alore removed his hand...as payment for using the hand to help a traitor

She said as she looked off again. And shook her head clearing those thoughts

Only trial I've seen...I don't want to see any more...
[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole looked at Star puzzled.

"How is trying to stop someone helping them?" "It would seem on a fundamental level trying to stop them is the opposition of helping."

Cole paused.

"I take it this person used to be a member of Clan Raxis?" "If so was your husband punished for helping the traitor or for failing to stop the traitor?"

It sounded like a shady deal to Cole but in what little he knew the one thing he knew above all was not to openly question the decision of a Mand'alor.

She looked to him as she looked off

Yea...he's dar'manda now...don't know where he is...really don't give a banthas hind either...my husband took the weight on his shoulders to save his clan...the...former mand'alore....rip his hand off in some...wolf form....

She said and closed her eyes as it seemed it was one thing she didn't wanna remember

You'd get alomg well with my husband he's the type that'll joke around in the middle of battle but assume command if he needs to...

She said and smiled finishing her drink

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole really didn't say anything............he didn't know what to say. Her explanation for what happened made no sense but on the other hand he didn't doubt the honesty in the explanation.

Cole sipped his drink after a moment he spoke.

"I see..............can't say that I understand..........but I see."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom