Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The warfare life for me....battle gear for all.

The more time Cole spent with the Mandalorians the more he seemed to gravitate towards some of the things they held important. A big one was the armor. Cole normally just wore something light and flexible to maintain the speed at which he preferred to fight. The problem was in the fights the Mandalorians found themselves in Cole was taking too many hits....................taking too much damage. It didn't help he was not as young as he used to be and did not bounce back as quickly as he had before.

A combination of browbeating from Arla about the armor he wore and a loaner set from one of the guys before the last battle Cole decided to see about finding a permanent solution. The set he had been loaned had been a good mix but it was not quite what he was looking for. He thought maybe the manufacturer had other options..................or at least would be a good start at pursuing a custom order.

It had taken some time but Cole had finally managed to learn about this WESTAR and track down a location suitable to inquire details about the company. The nearest location was not far away from where Cole was so he hoped on a shuttle and made his way there. He still wore the armor he had borrowed. Cole made his way inside and looked around.

"Hello?" "Anybody home?"

Cole chuckled at his little joke.

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

She was inside the place helping other customers and handling sales, she sometimes did this when she had no duties on her planet to do as well as nothing to do in general, it was something she also did for her husband

She just finished a sale when she looked at the man entering and smiled seeing the armor" ah a returning customer" she said not knowing it was borrowed then squinted her eyes" wait...where have I seen you

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole chuckled.

"No sorry to disappoint you............I am not a customer."

Cole smiled.

"It's a loaner.............I have to give it back here shortly." "I am looking for the person that made it."

Cole extended a hand.

"Cole Dagos.................we have been in some of the same places." "I was at Omega with Arla Balor and then helped assault a Sith ship." "The latter is why I was loaned the armor." "Arla keeps giving me crap about getting better armor and a few of the guys wouldn't let me ride off into battle with what I normally wear."

Cole smirked.

"Not a lot of respect for Echani armor which is fine." "Anyway you seem to be familiar with it...............would you happen to be the.............what's the correct term armor smith?" "I know Clan Meran does some work but they deal mostly with stealth so I don't think it is one of their designs."

She gave a smile and nodded as she laughed

Is that so I never got your name when I saw you on that sith ship

She said as she took his hand and shook it gently " familiar yes, the armor smith no I am alor raxis' wife, I just occasionally work here so I see that America armor everyday and sell it as well

She said and gave a chuckle

I'm guessing your looking for personal armor? I might be able to help my...husband is currently busy with a few other things so I'll be taking over for a little

She said politely

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole nodded.

"I see so does the wife of Alor Raxis have a name as well?"

Cole smiled warmly.

"Arla is a bit of a mentor in the Mandalorians ways but I am clan less myself." "As I have been told it limits my options...............for now."

Cole paused giving her a nod.

"Armor and maybe weapons." "I thought I would see what other options you guys had available." "I tend to prefer speed and agility."

I do

She said and smiled

Stardust raxis name isn't probably to big would be quite a surprise if it was

She said and gave a friendly smile

Clan less? Does limit your options, if I might say and shamelessly advertise, clan raxis accept anyone, regardless of knowledge we'll teach you the basics and such, just you can't be sith or a enemy of the clans

Well take a look through the store I'm here to answer questions about anything about the clan and stuff in the shop

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole laughed.

"No you wouldn't be the first and you probably won'y be the last to make that pitch." "While I admit to know very little about Sith what I do know is I lack a very non negotiable skill set to even be considered." "And considering I have fought with the clans twice now I don't think the enemy category applies either."

Cole glanced around for a few moments before turning back towards Stardust.

"Perhaps you could narrow it down for me." "I am looking for something on the lighter end of the spectrum with good flexibility." "I know Arla likes jet packs but I am thinking some more rappel/grapple based." "I think the pack would too heavy for what I am looking for."

Cole paused looking thoughtful before he continued.

"I try to avoid close range so more mid to long range protection based."

She nodded and smiled

One moment

She said as she consulted a holo pad as she rubbed her chin before she nodded and smiled as she looked back at him

We have some light armor, the wrist and back are modular so you can put a grapple on your hand if you wanted to

She said politely

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole nodded.

"Alright what kind of light armor you got?"

Cole looked thoughtful for a few moments. He was more and more worried as time went on that he was going to have to build something from scratch. Which involved a skill set he didn't have. Although it did seem that several of the Clans at least did some work on creating armor and maybe even weapons. Weapons were another ball park all together. Maybe one he would save for another day. Or at least until Alor Raxis was available. Stardust was friendly enough but seemed either unable or uninterested in helping him past just selling something.

Cole looked at the pad for only a split second before handing it back.

"So limited options."

Cole looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Ok how about this." "If I got you a rough design, sourced the materials.................would your company be able to help make the armor?" "I have swung a hammer once in my life." "Not really conducive to high quality work."

The more time passed the more Cole began to realize he may be on his own in that endeavor.

"I need something slightly more protective than the Rogue but lighter than Beskar."

* she rubbed her chin as she sat down, she gave a smile as she realized something and stood* while I can't make your armor I happen to know some people we may be able to make it, provided you give the materials a s such

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole looked thoughtfully.

"Who do you have in mind?" "I admit I only know a few people." "The deployment tempo around here lately has not left a lot of time for socializing."

Cole had met a few Mandalorians that could make armor. As a matter of fact an entire clan devoted to the task. Perhaps however Star knew somebody else that could do it.

Alor adi'vak, he has a entire mine with material and if my memory serves right he also has people who can forge items, provided you provide materials

She said and chuckled *

Yea the deployment tempo is quote odd and random but hey keeps folks busy I guess plus with all going on it makes sense

[member="Melfa Exmoore"] (honorable mention)
[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole chuckled.

"I happen to like the deployment schedule.............don't get me wrong." "I'm a soldier..............it's what I do."

Cole looked thoughtful.

"Tell me more about this mine." "Oh and we should probably talk abut what access to this mind is going to cost me." "As I understand it such things are usually reserved for members of the Clan." "Something I am not."

* she laughed

Don't worry I've been a soldier my entire life, I can understand enjoying the battles and the other oddity of enjoying it

* she looked to hin and smiled*

You won't have to pay a thing if anything I'll handle the expanses call it a token of my kindness, as for the mines it's underground actually the alor home is underground per say

[member="Cole Dagos"]

Cole looked at her.

"Why would you do that?" "You don't know me, you don't owe me any favors that I am aware of, and more importantly you don't know my plans." "A calculated risk is one thing but this seems like something else entirely."

Cole took a breath. He figured this endeavor was going to cost him on the back end. Not only that but would cost him mroe than any upfront price that could be thought of.

[member="Cole Dagos"]
she looked at him as she stepped closer

your right, its a calculated risk, but one i can see wouldnt fail...one would be bold to seek harm to the clans and come buy right of mandalore...besides least i can do for you is maybe pay half at least

she said and chuckled looking down and placing a hand on his shoulder

yea youll make a good mando

Cole chuckled lookign at the hand on his shoulder.

"You got guts I'll give you that." "So Material wise what you think?" "Lighter than Beskar but more than this stuff." "I need more ranged defense than up close."

He paused.

"One of the Clan Meran people mentioned something about a Steel?" "You got anymore details on that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom