Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The War for Valen

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
I have a question.

Soliael Devin Talith said:
Valen was a world covered in unique electrical storms, its upper atmosphere plagued with an almost mystic cloud of natural shielding. This natural phenomenon made it nearly impossible to develop a starship that could fly to and from the planet's surface. Even starships developed by the galaxy at large would have difficulty in surpassing the electrical storms of Valen, finding that their navigation equipment was almost useless and anything bigger than a transport would be immediately brought down by interference.
So how do we get there in the first place? With enough supplies to actually have a war. Do drop pods work fine?

Gilamar Skirata said:
I have a question.

So how do we get there in the first place? With enough supplies to actually have a war. Do drop pods work fine?
As the quote says. Transports(deliver like 1k troops at a time or something like that) work fine, things larger than transports not really. Drop pods would work but they would be very dangerous to use. The storms are basically a way to stop Space stuff from interfering with ground stuff.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
That's why I asked. Without pods how are factions supposed to make bases of operations? Usually one would drop a prefabricated base from a carrier or SD but if the storms affect pods too then how do you suppose we start off? I don't think in this day and age Battle station tents of fabric will do the trick.

Every Faction will start off with a city so no prefabricated bases will be required. I imagine that SOME larger equipment will be able to make it through, Like i said the storms are mostly there so no one tries to use Space things during Ground engagements. Its a way to keep the two separate while also limiting factions.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Hmm. Can the indigenous race be used to make a PC with?

I would uberly love to make a refugee who isn't on any side and have a interesting RP experience going on from that angle as well.

Seguidor Oculto de la Verdad
So now that the war is under way, I have a few questions.
Now these questions are only meant to help add depth to the roleplay if anything.
Lets Start
What is the population of Valen?
Are we looking at a world with say over a billion people on it, or are we looking at a world like Earth today that has over 6 Billion?
What are the most populated cities?
Which ones are more strategically important? Which ones are important to the planet's economy?
Which ones are capitals and have political significance?
Where are the cortosis mines and manufacturing facilities?
Since the people of this planet have long used the cortosis does this mean they will have weapons and shields that can shut down lightsaber and deflect blaster fire like other cortosis weapons in the SW universe?
If so with what frequency?
What kind of governments and nations function on the planet?
Is there one or several?
Does this or these governments have a standing army?

Around 2 billion
They All have around the same population With cities near the cost having larger ones.
Which ones are more strategically important? Which ones are important to the planet's economy?
Generally theyre all equal, try not to over think things.
Each city is a city state.
There are a few, though none of them are of use to you. Assume their mines were hidden or destroyed when the different Factions landed.
Since the people of this planet have long used the cortosis does this mean they will have weapons and shields that can shut down lightsaber and deflect blaster fire like other cortosis weapons in the SW universe?
No. The Valen are a peaceful people and war and weapons in general are pretty foreign to them. They strictly have used Cortisis as a means to contain their energy sources and the like.
The Cities each function on their own as City States with and overarching "Council" to make sure everyone cooperates. As stated before the Valen are generally a peaceful people and thus War and Conflict is foreign to them.

Don't try to over think this. The Valen and the cities on the planet are a backdrop to your RP's. You may manipulate them as you want within reason. If you want to find a city thats a bit more modern, okay, if you want to find one thats Huts and a wooden wall, also okay. Not everything has to be strict and orderly and make sense. This event is about having unique and interesting battles and situation, so please just keep that in mind as you do things, but use your imagination.

personally hope to see battle threads where both sides are stuck in a rainstorm, slowly starving, sitting in trenches and waiting for an opportunity to attack. I want to see the misery of what war can bring
Now this is what I like to do.

Around 2 billion
They All have around the same population With cities near the cost having larger ones.
Generally theyre all equal, try not to over think things.
Each city is a city state.
There are a few, though none of them are of use to you. Assume their mines were hidden or destroyed when the different Factions landed.
No. The Valen are a peaceful people and war and weapons in general are pretty foreign to them. They strictly have used Cortisis as a means to contain their energy sources and the like.
The Cities each function on their own as City States with and overarching "Council" to make sure everyone cooperates. As stated before the Valen are generally a peaceful people and thus War and Conflict is foreign to them.

Don't try to over think this. The Valen and the cities on the planet are a backdrop to your RP's. You may manipulate them as you want within reason. If you want to find a city thats a bit more modern, okay, if you want to find one thats Huts and a wooden wall, also okay. Not everything has to be strict and orderly and make sense. This event is about having unique and interesting battles and situation, so please just keep that in mind as you do things, but use your imagination.
...probably would have been useful to know before designing the opposition. 100 post dominions of cities that can't fight back seems a bit... dull though. Modern weapons would roll over them.

I imagined that the Valen would begin to fight back or that other factions were occupying cities. Though honestly, Dominions were really only starting points for the map. The intent was to let factions do 1 or 2 dominions to start and then slide into Battle threads which are the best way to gain territory and where the greater range of RP's would come from.

Well, it does state in the rules that Battles can take place anywhere on the map between the two factions ;)

This means you could do a battle with the Mandalorians within the Plait Ocean(Say you have a couple of spaceships that made it through and theres an aquatic battle, or you could say theres a few small islands that don't appear on the map) I would likely extend your territory all the way to Leywin Island. If you win...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom