Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Vitae Alliance Questions

So, weve been around for a few months, dominion'd a new planet and are getting along with things quick enough but what im curious about is how people still look at the small group we are at the moment and what questions remain about us and our purpose. This is a question i am giving out to everyone on the site and a separate thing i am doing from the advertisements as i want to know how you guys feel and what you think about what we have done so far and what we can do to improve ourselves and get our there with the rest of the factions.

All opinions are welcome though i do ask that you keep this constructive, the last time Vulpesen tried to do something like that we got a few responses that did nothing but cause drama and there is enough of that on this site already to the point i feel like im surrounded by teenage girls at times. So constructive responses please, good or bad is all i ask. Thank you. And for those that don't know what we are i will give you a quick glimpse at our intent.

The Intent of the Vitae is to provide a shield rather than a sword for the worlds of the galaxy, creating a network of defended worlds for which to improve trade and living conditions of the member worlds while also allowing them to trade and make connections with non-member worlds like those of our neighbors the Techno Union. We condemn things such as Genocide, mass murder, slavery or any other actions that would cause a culture to lose its lives or the very thing that makes them who they are. We do have a senate that is rarely used for member worlds much like the Republic but unlike the Republic the leaders of the faction are split up into three positions, one leader of diplomacy, one of defenses, and one who oversees things. Respectively those being myself, [member="Sabrina Kotass"], and [member="Vulpesen"] in that order.

We support all uses of the force within agreement with our code, but we also support heavy NFU involvement but sadly few have come to us with NFUs. The code i mentioned is a list of three ideals that the members of the Vitae should follow, following in order of importance of Life, Freedom, and Unity. We support multifactioning in our group though we do love when we get devoted characters like that of Vulpesen himself, [member="Saryana Lynae"] and [member="Abygail Ericson"].

So thats the basic intent and idea of the Vitae, tell me what you guys think about us so far, where we can improve if former Faction Admins have been watching us and critiquing and if you are curious about joining im more than happy to talk to you about a character in which we would more than welcome. Especially if an NFU.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sounds like you're just a bunch of guys and gals trying to do their thing in the universe. Good on ya.

And... That's about as far as it goes. Lol. You're not canon, I don't even know what a Vitae is, and most of your members enjoy their unfettered independence as characters. So. Yeah. Seems like a good deal you've got going there for all those involved. Honestly I feel like the best thing you have going for you is your obscurity. Because no limelight means no complaints. Sure, it's tougher to appeal to new members and new recruits? But you've got a roof over your head, money in the bank, and are being independent with your character's lives. That is seriously as good as it gets when it comes to being a faction. Enjoy it.

So yeah. Cheers and happy hunting. :D

[member="Solan Charr"]

What is your actual stance on lightside versus darkside? You say you condemn anything that basically follows under the Dark Side, yet you yourself use the Dark Jedi title.

From past talks, you say Solan fights fire with fire, more or less killing those who kill others. Which is hypocritical, but the good kind of hypocritical. The kind that can attract people. Yet now you're calling the Vitae a shield, which doesn't fit the first theme at all.

All I see is a faction with a constantly shifting goal and mission statement, which doesn't work well for Major factions.

So, after seeing this and all the other Q and A/advertisements and the like, I ask which is the true Vitae, cause all I'm getting is mixed messages.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

We actually do not condemn the darkside as a whole as we fully understand there must be a balance in the world. Too much of dark or light has the same effect either way. It is the actions that people stereotype with the darkside like the Sith killing two million people for a new alchemy forget that we do not support and condemn. As for the fight fire with fire thing, yes that is what solan does but solan has also only ever considered himself two things, a monster and a shield, the second of which coming from his place in the Vitae. This is the reason you do not see us randomly strike out and start skirmishes with others and rather would support peace and protection of those in the galaxy. As such the mission has always remained the same to protect those in the galaxy from the acts of greater evils like Genocide, slavery, and so on while supporting the growth of the member worlds and other worlds within our power to do so. If you find a quote of a past Q/A that contradicts this then i am happy to look at it and figure out what was going on.

[member="Solan Charr"]

The mention of what Ferus did or does is not a matter of the Vitae. There is no reason to drag in what I do with my character versus what I see with yours. This does not change the fact that the darkside is, by existence, cruel. Every single one of your examples of what the Vitae condemn is by nature what the Darkside does.

This still does not answer what exactly you are. Before, you said you were the police of the galaxy. Now, your the hermits of the galaxy trying to stay away from the rest to promote peace within your own nation.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

Several times i have said we are a shield for the galaxy as a whole, i dont know how this translates to just the member planets of the vitae but -shrugs-. Please do read the advertisement before you comment as i know ive said it several times and as proof...

Solan Charr said:
As such the mission has always remained the same to protect those in the galaxy from the acts of greater evils like Genocide, slavery, and so on while supporting the growth of the member worlds and other worlds within our power to do so.

Solan Charr said:
The Intent of the Vitae is to provide a shield rather than a sword for the worlds of the galaxy, creating a network of defended worlds for which to improve trade and living conditions of the member worlds while also allowing them to trade and make connections with non-member worlds like those of our neighbors the Techno Union.
Both in this advertisement alone Ferus.

And forgive me, but you seem to be mistaking darkside which is defined as "darksiders drew power from raw emotions and feelings such as anger, hatred, greed, jealousy, fear, aggression, megalomania, and unrestrained passion." With that said, no where in this does it say the darkside is defined by Slavery, Genocide and mass murder. Please do understand what you are talking about before you try to accuse one character in the vitae who is a dark jedi of causing the entire faction to be hypocritical.

[member="Solan Charr"]

Ah, my apologies.

I confused what you said Solan Charr was for what he is now. Before, a man who would murder for justice. Now a bastion of peace.

Your hostility is unwelcome though. This is by title a question thread, and I was asking the questions that came to mind. If you don't like my questions, please, don't make a question thread in the future.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

This is about the Vitae Ferus, it is not my fault you did not read the first sentence of the intent and came here simply to cause Drama. Sorry that i will not be subject to your highschool cravings during the summer. Please refrain from poosting when it is obvious you neglected to read the first sentence of the intent so much as read the entire first post. Please and thank you.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Solan Charr"]

Charr. Stawp. The moment you begin to critique another writer in negativity, (even in pursuit of vain justice or glorious retaliation), it is the same moment you lose all credibility as a host.

Remember. To have grace is to withstand, not to shatter. The greater man must simply, abide. *wink* :D

Jay Scott Clark said:
Sounds like you're just a bunch of guys and gals trying to do their thing in the universe. Good on ya. And... That's about as far as it goes. Lol. You're not canon, I don't even know what a Vitae is, and most of your members enjoy their unfettered independence as characters.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Soon hopefully, I'll be getting to making a thread that details the Vitae for the public. Unfettered independence is good, but I still plan on making us more than a goalless coalition of random people(at least, as the public seems to view us)

I've taken a brief look over it. I really don't have any questions right now, except for this one question / comment:

-Against Slavery?
- Will there be more missions that include freeing of slaves from worlds that have them like Ryloth and the Wookiee homeworld. Or perhaps against the various slaver guilds?
------Side note, once my main character (Lao) is approved I can pick up this mantle and work directly against these guilds and organizations (I know there are a few NPC ones around. Atleast according to wookiee).

[member="LaoTzu"]

One of our main enemies is [member="Sempra the Hutt"] and his Hutt Cartel in which we have gone and screwed with their slaving operations twice now already and have some more in the works for the future. Furthermore we generally are completely against all forms of slavery which is one of the few condemnable acts in the Vitae. As it breaks both tenants of Life and Freedom. And glad to have Lao around. [member="Tricia"] and @Rexas Drath were getting surrounded by Solan and his Dark Jedi friends who are in the same way of thinking as Solan.

I feel I should give my two cents to Vulpesen since I did just up and leave. I would also like to point out the forth time this has been posted and each time a fight broke out. These are avoidable, but Scott hit that one on the head so I will not even confront that, but it is an issue.

I was a member of the Vitae Alliance from September to April, that is 7 months. During which times I saw the faction stay a secret for a really long time, messaged Sabrina and began the discussions to merge as I was a leader in the faction, then lose my leadership position. Then the reveal which led to the rise to major. Then a boom, a small boom, but a boom nonetheless. This lasted a month at best and then pew again. Now I did address this concern that things were becoming inactive and leaders were not seen in the public eye. I was informed much was happening behind the scenes on skype, but never saw the fruit of this. I released I could continue to Rp in a faction that was one man's vision that could not be change or faltered or join an active faction.

Now, this is a question thread and while this can all sound demeaning, it is not meant to be that, but only my perspective. My question lies in self asked questions. Writers put themselves in their characters, you insult that or their visions and it hurts right? So when a faction, that you wanted to come about for a long time doesn't work, damn, that hurts! So you pose questions to the public, but there is hurt and direct people like Ferus who have questions can come off as hurtful and drama happens.

So here is my suggestion, trickle down changing. First, start with that man in the mirror. Ask yourself, ask others, "Are there things I am doing wrong or rubbing people the wrong way?" Takes a big man or woman to realizes flaws and face them, but it will improve you as a person and a writer. Second, ask the questions among the members, why do they not want to be active? Get to the heart of it. Usually at this point you have your answers and see what needs to change, but if you don't NOW you can post a fifth, sixth, seventh and so on to get board advice.

If this process brings no fruits for your labor, then you are missing something and need to start over or end it because things won't get better without answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom