Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VENTOOINE , OUTER RIM
A few days after the events of Dark Force Rising...

Ventooine , an relatively obscure world located in the Outer Rim and once part of the now defunct Sith Empire. Located near the borders of the Ashlan Crusade and 3 Sectors away from Korriban the Planet was the home of perhaps one of the largest Sith-Imperial Remnants spearheaded by a Cabal of Former Sith-Imperial Officers led by Moff Drybis Lyken who had seized control over numerous worlds such as Telos, Sarnus, Ord Janon, Gorsh and Ventooine with Ventooine acting as their unofficial base of operations given the fact that the majority of their Fleet was stationed there. However despite their size , strength and area of influence , Lyken's Sith-Imperial Remnant was no match for the New Imperial Order and the Ashlan Crusade which had begun closing into former Sith-Imperial Territory in order to fill up the void left by the Sith Empire.

Nevertheless the rise of this Sith-Imperial Remnant presented a new opportunity for the Final Dawn and one of it's Highest Ranking Officers , Grand Overseer Marlon Sularen who had slowly been gathering assets for his Shadow Hand Initiative which the Grand Overseer intended to use as a means to properly consolidate his hold over the Core Worlds once the Region would be conquered by the Final Dawn after the Second Great Hyperspace War. With New Imperials and Ashlan Crusaders closing into Lyken's Sith-Imperial Remnants territory , Sularen had made plans to integrate them into the Final Dawn and provide them with new found purpose which would only strengthen Sularen's Position within the Final Dawn itself.

Sularen's Shuttle emerged out of hyperspace arriving at Ventooine where most of Lyken's Fleet was stationed. As the Shuttle approached the Fleet , Sularen was quickly reminded of the Frozen Hand , a Sith-Imperial Remnant which once held dominion over Byss and other Traditional Deep Core Fortress Worlds in the wake of the Sith Empire's Withdrawal from the Core Worlds after it's triumph over the Second Galactic Alliance. However the Frozen Hand was foolish to think they could challenge the rising powers of the Core Worlds which proved to be it's undoing. Lyken's Sith-Imperial Remnant was in a similar position although hopefully they would be more wiser then the Frozen Hand.

Soon enough , Sularen's Shuttle would reach the lead ship of Lyken's Fleet known as the Wrath where Sularen's Pilots made a request to land onboard the vessel announcing Sularen's arrival at Ventooine. The Grand Overseer had never Moff Lyken before but from what he knew he seemed to be a quite skilled Tactician and was very ambitious not to mention he had the tendency to be quite "Submissive" to his Superiors which were traits that made him the perfect target for recruitment. If everything went as planned , Lyken and his Sith-Imperial Remnant would soon be integrated into the Final Dawn under the oversight of Sularen , further increasing his influence and power within the Final Dawn. Given the situation of the Sith-Imperial Remnant , the Grand Overseer was certain that they would soon join the Final Dawn one way or another as to him it was either they could join the Final Dawn and live to fight another day or stubbornly remain in the Outer Rim where would face certain doom at the hands of the Ashlan Crusade and the New Imperial Order.

Thus , Sularen prepared himself for his meeting with Moff Lyken ready to make a deal the Sith-Imperial Moff could not refuse , and when the Grand Overseer would return to the Unknown Regions he would not be alone for today , the Final Dawn would soon be strengthened by the Forces of Moff Lyken. This meeting would only propel the Grand Overseer one step forward and bring him closer to his ultimate objective : Conquering the Core and creating his own Personal Empire in the ruins of the Galactic Alliance.

Aboard the HMIS "The Wrath", In orbit above Ventooine
Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen

Imperial Bastion Fleet stationed at Ventooine, (85% of naval forces)

Flagship:

-HMIS
"The Wrath" (Marr-class Star Destroyer)

Other Forces:

One
Bulwark-class-orbital-defense-platform

-4x Marr-class Star Destroyer
-8x Baras-class Star Destroyer
-14x Harrower-class Cruiser
-50x Tammar-class Corvettes
-30x Thanaton-class Corvette
-10x Ajunta-class Starfortress
-Helix Squadron, 8x Caedus-class Superiority Fighter
-Obsidian Squadron, 6x Caldoth-class Bomber
-Ember Squadron, 6x Caedus-class Superiority Fighter, 2x Sith-Imperial TIE Interceptor
-Shadow Squadron (Moff Lyken's personal fighter squadron), 5x
Rogue-class Starfighter
-25x Starfighter Squadrons, 15 Squadrons of (6x)Caedus-class Superiority Fighter, 10 Squadrons of (12x)Sith-Imperial TIE Interceptor

The "Wrath" sat at the center and near the front of the planetary formation. Lyken's large fleet sat here at Ventooine, but it had been mostly stationary since the fall. Yes. The Fall of the Sith Empire. When Lyken first heard the news, he was initially awestruck. He had believed in the Empire, even as his superiors fumbled every attempt to revive and restore stability. For months, he sat here at Ventooine, over seeing "Project Sabertooth". He was alone for the most part and barely wanted to do anything, even basic naval routines that he used to find exciting and interesting. Then, his allies from the fallen Sith Empire began to rally to him. For some or another, more joined them over time. Then one day, Drybis found him addressing a bunch of them at Alpha Station 5, a military facility orbiting the planet of Ord Janon. Afterwards and after giving some inspiring words, the group of Admirals, Generals, Command staffs, and political figures agreed to form the "Imperial Bastion", the name of their Sith-Imperial Remnant. They of course, unanimously chose Lyken to lead them as he kept his title as Moff, but refused to be promoted to Grand Moff, for some reason. The Bastion immediately consolidated its position as the Sith bickered amongst themselves and the NIO rushed into former Sith territory. With the Empire gone, Lyken didn't need to concern himself with the opinions and directives of the Sith. For at this point, there was only one Sith he respected and would ever follow, but his name would not gain true relevance for some time. The Bastion carved itself a foothold in the old heart of the decimated Empire, occupying Ord Janon, Gorsh, Sarnus, Jelucan, Mirial, Oricon, and his homeworld of Telos. These all were taken with much ease, most just joined willingly. Their fleet became very large as well, as more and more captain and commanders flocked to the Bastion in hopes of revitalizing some smidge of glory. Now, Lyken was no longer saddened by the loss of the Empire, but was starting to see the light at the end of tunnel for himself and the people of the Imperial Bastion. He was emboldened, fresh and ready for a new purpose.

A few days before, Drybis had received a message from this man, known as Marlon Sularen. He happened to be man who might help with Drybis's new eagerness and thirst for power. He also happened to be a core world warlord of some kind and had been driven from his homeworld in some capacity. Whatever and whoever he was, he was interesting enough to agree to meet. If things somehow went really well, this Sularen guy could be someone who would be worthy of an alliance. Anyways, who knows what could happen. The day came, as Sularen's shuttle approached the The Wrath's main hangar bay. The best ground regiments were already lined up in formation, to show strength and unity to this outsider. To show that the men of the Imperial Bastion may have been down, but never out.

JoyousRealisticHen-size_restricted.gif

Drybis made his way to the hangar to welcome the man. Once he arrived, the spirits of his men lifted even further now that he was here. He soon positioned himself at the exit of the shuttle to gift the man his greeting. Behind him was his main command staff, mostly high ranking naval officers and few decent Imperial politicians. They awaited the entrance of this man from the Core. When he did exit his shuttle and approach them, Drybis would open things cordially by tilting his head down just a tad to show some respect and offer him a fair greeting.

"Greetings Marlon Sularen, welcome to Ventooine". "I am Moff Drybis Lyken, chosen leader of the Imperial Bastion". "I do appreciate your visit".

Theme: The Fleet Arrives

VENTOOINE , OUTER RIM
A few days after the events of Dark Force Rising...

As Sularen's Shuttle landed in the Main Ventral Hangar of the Wrath it was met by Legions of Sith-Imperial Stormtroopers aligned in perfect formation , a reminder that even despite the Sith Empire had collapsed , it's Remnants were still a force to be reckoned with. The Imperial Bastion had a considerable force at it's disposal which only made the Final Dawn's Grand Overseer more determined to integrate them into the Final Dawn as part of Sularen's plans to establish his envisioned "Shadow Hand Command"

Soon enough , the Grand Overseer would exit the Shuttle flanked by 4
Crimson Guards and his Aide , Colonel Rackham where he was soon greeted by Moff Lyken himself who quickly introduced himself to the Final Dawn's Grand Overseer.

"Greetings Marlon Sularen, welcome to Ventooine". "I am Moff Drybis Lyken, chosen leader of the Imperial Bastion". "I do appreciate your visit"

"Thank you for your Hospitality , Moff Lyken. I see that you have managed to retain a formidable force despite the Collapse of the Sith Empire. Nevertheless i requested this meeting to make an offer to you , one that will give you and your Men newfound purpose within something greater then the Sith Empire you once served." The Grand Overseer said with a calm smile in response. Hopefully this meeting would go well and by days end , the Imperial Bastion would formerly join Shadow Hand Command , further increasing the size and strength of the Final Dawn and bringing Sularen one step closer to his ultimate conquest of the Core Worlds.

Flagship:

-HMIS

Other Forces:

One

-Ember Squadron, 6x Caedus-class Superiority Fighter, 2x Sith-Imperial TIE Interceptor
Rogue-class Starfighter
-25x Starfighter Squadrons, 15 Squadrons of (6x)Caedus-class Superiority Fighter, 10 Squadrons of (12x)Sith-Imperial TIE Interceptor

He nodded in response to the Grand Overseer's words. Drybis now turned to his side and gestured with his hand for Sularen to walk with him out of the hangar. Both of their respective entourages and guardsmen would follow behind. As they slowly walked past his assembled Imperial legions towards the exit of the hangar bay, Drybis reopened the dialogue, prompting it on the move rather than it be stationary.

"Yes, I myself was surprised on the amount of supporters we have gained" "It seems the stupidity and foolishness of my former Sith overlords didn't sap the strength and resolve out of all of us". Drybis continued on with the conversation, moving on to Sularen's proposition.

"Hmm, I have heard of you Grand Overseer and those who you have allied with". "With the present situation out here in this part of the galaxy, perhaps a new purpose is needed for me and my men". "We will see". He paused briefly as they neared the exit. "Please, this way, Grand Overseer". He soon directed Sularen through the exit and down the long hallways of his current flagship. They would head to his office to discuss matters more privately. However, Drybis had a few probing question to ask of Sularen while on the way through the ship. "I do understand that you once served the Galactic Alliance". "May I ask what transpired, I have only heard rumors".

Behind them, Lyken's entourage had thinned. Only with 2 Sith-Imperial Sentinels as guardsmen and the few high ranking military officers within his personal command staff. This included Lyken's second in command and loyal comrade and friend, Admiral Luk'Jo.

Duros_2.jpg

Formerly a Colonel for many years, he was promoted by Grand Moff Lowe to Commodore right before the collapse. Needing trustworthy allies by his side during these perilous times, Lyken promoted him to Admiral once the Imperial Bastion had been established. As a Duros, Luk'Jo was one of the only non-humans to be a high ranking officer within the navy. The Duros was directly behind Lyken as they now walked.

Next was Admiral Norlen Nagayzen, an old rival of Lyken, who he had turned to his side after helping him at the Battle of Concordia nearly 3 years ago. Third was Moff Lyken's head of Intelligence, Striker Three, also known as "Marthi'outwou'latini". A Chiss who had served in Sith-Imperial Intelligence before the Empire fell, he was secretly recruited by Lyken into giving him all the data that the Moff would required, even such on certain Sith Lords. He had also been instrumental in keeping "Project Sabertooth" from being tampered with and preventing outside interference.

35afee3bd7d11d080c1d2eea5f23fe9f.jpg

Lastly, the last member of his command staff, was Colonel Adaar Whirlock. The boys called him, "Old Adar". He was third in command of the Bastion's ground forces. The reason why the other two above him weren't here was that Lyken didn't like them every much.

dfc1bb67a14548f41ae96a91f3fdfdd7.jpg

With his command staff in tow, Lyken and Sularen made their way slowly towards his office, while Drybis awaited patiently to what the "Grand Overseer" would say next.

Last edited:

VENTOOINE , OUTER RIM
A few days after the events of Dark Force Rising

As Sularen came down for his Shuttle , the Sith-Imperial Moff gestured for the Final Dawn Officer to walk with him out of the hangar as he proceeded to respond to Sularen's earlier statement.
"Yes, I myself was surprised on the amount of supporters we have gained. It seems the stupidity and foolishness of my former Sith overlords didn't sap the strength and resolve out of all of us"
As Moff Lyken spoke , Sularen became more impressed with the state of his Sith-Imperial Remnant. His Troops were at full strength , full of resolve and with their moral still at an all-time high. The Grand Overseer was very lucky given at how he had managed to find a stable Sith-Imperial Remnant in the Outer Rim who compared to other bastions in the Outer Rim seemed to be better organized and efficient which would aid the Grand Overseer in his plans regarding the Final Dawn and the Core Worlds. As they exited the Hangar headed for Moff Lyken's Office , the Sith-Imperial Warlord continued to speak even displaying some interest in the Final Dawn. Sularen smiled as he spoke confident that Moff Lyken and his "Imperial Bastion" would soon join the ranks of the Final Dawn.
I do understand that you once served the Galactic Alliance. May I ask what transpired, I have only heard rumors"
The Question caught Sularen a bit off-guard. While indeed it was true he once served the Galactic Alliance , Sularen never maintained good relations with them especially with his own homeworld of Corellia. Throughout the past decade , the Grand Overseer had been trying to establish himself in the Galaxy with the goal of one day ruling over his Homeworld and perhaps a portion of the Core Worlds. First with the Grayson Imperium , then the Directorate , the New Imperial Order and finally the Galactic Alliance. Sularen's Goals however had evolved from securing just his homeworld and a few neighboring Sectors to complete dominance over the Core Worlds with the Grand Overseer coming to believe that the only way he would ever be able to establish a powerbase in the Core Worlds was by conquering it and bend it's population to his will hence why he had joined the Final Dawn.

Eventually , after a long pause and reflection on his past Sularen responded to the Sith-Imperial Moff. "Indeed i did once serve the Galactic Alliance as the Sovereign Ruler of one of their Member Worlds , Byss. There i had managed to establish a powerbase there managing to consolidate my rule over Byss and slowly establishing myself as one of the most powerful and influential worlds within the Alliance. Unfortunately , my rise to power was cut short after an Incident at Xa Fel cost me whatever support i had within their Senate. Within a Day , the entire Alliance turned against me and after a long Political struggle i was eventually forced out of power during an illegal Blockade by the Fleets of Corellia and Duros which the Alliance supported." Sularen said before making a brief pause and sighing before continuing.

"Now i'm treated as a Traitor and an Enemy of the State to the Galactic Alliance despite them being the ones to illegally remove me from Power. Heck they've even tried to assassinate me a few weeks ago while their New Imperial Counterparts nearly captured me a few days prior to the attempted assassination attempt. Many of my former allies within the Senate such as the Imperialist Grand Moff of Bilbringi , Vel'alari had turned their backs on me and have become nothing more then blind followers of a Nation that has brought nothing more then corruption and decadence to the Core Worlds although some have remained loyal to me. I hope that answers your question , Moff Lyken."

Flagship:

-HMIS

Other Forces:

One

Rogue-class Starfighter

Drybis listened to the Grand Overseer. Better understanding some of his origins, helped Lyken piece together the aspects of Sularen's personality and tendencies.

"I have heard of such things from the Alliance". "Many do not understand that these democratic governments and legislatures have agendas of their own". "They are just as evil and harmful to a society as the other options for governance". Drybis had never had any true contact with the GA, but he had a few spies who reported about various info within the Alliance. He concluded, and more thoroughly with Sularen's past, that the Galactic Alliance was little more than another grandstanding pious Republic that exploited those it deemed lower and disguised its actions under the pretense of safety and liberty. However, as one man once said, "an elected legislature can trample the peoples rights as easily as any monarch can".

Lyken now thanked him. "Yes, that does, thank you Grand Overseer".

By the time they had finished speaking, they had finally reached the Moff's primary office within the ship. They reached the entry door outside. Two of Lyken's most loyal guards stood at the entrance. Both were clad in old Imperial style Death Trooper armor, but had a gray pauldron upon their right shoulders, embraided with Lyken's personal signet, a bright star placed in middle of an old Imperial symbol. The troopers also had a red sash over their left shoulders, draping down to their waist diagonally. These were the best Lyken had, and they had served with him for many years, some were even veterans on Telos before Lyken even entered into the Sith-Imperial Navy.

As he approached, the two intimidating soldiers stood at firm attention. They stood still and silent. As Lyken, Sularen, and their entourages formed behind them, the Moff stepped forward and engaged them with a respectful salute. The troopers immediately followed suit and gave very quick and strong salutes back to their leader. Lyken then engaged them more cordially.

"Belus, Drygar". "At ease my friends". The troopers obeyed, but still maintained most of a guard stance. Lyken then entered the door as it slid open quickly. With the rest behind them and all the troopers left at the door, they soon entered an antechamber, but more like a narrow hallway, which led to the other door at end of the hall. When they reached it, Drybis stood still right in front of it. Suddenly a tiny scanner appeared from above the door and scanned the floor below.

>/ACCESS CODE OMEGA MINOR: /<

"Access code Omega Minor, 8Y6DGZ320".

>/WELCOME MOFF LYKEN, INTERIOR ENCRYPTION INTERGRITY, 100% /<

The Moff now entered with Sularen and Lyken's command staff. Inside was a simple Imperial style office, with red streaks along the walls in columns. He had several shelves of books and old tomes placed behind his desk diagonally against the wall. Directly behind, was a square opening into the wall, with hardy branches and small green plants along the bottom with a type of synthetic dirt. hard glass lined the border so none would seep on to the floor. As Lyken rounded his desk and placed himself in his chair slowly, Admiral Luk'Jo placed himself diagonally behind the Moff's chair. Nagayzen and Whirlock were positioned both to the right of the Duros Admiral, still behind the trapezoid structured desk. Striker Three pulled one of the two guest chairs in front of the desk and moved it next to the desk on the left side. He soon sat down in a very nonchalant manner. Moments later, a little yellow lizard popped out from behind the branches. He yipped softly and made his way along the branches and then over the glass. He was the suddenly curled up along the desktop. It was an Ysalimiri, and this was Lyken's personal one.

As the Moff placed his hand and pet his cute little lizard, he looked up to Sularen, gesturing for him to sit opposite. Once he did, Lyken would open things up

"So, Grand Overseer". "What can myself and the Imperial Bastion do for you?". That wasn't only what Lyken but there was more time later to ask more evasive questions. He left it to Sularen to respond and begin the conversation

VENTOOINE , OUTER RIM

"I have heard of such things from the Alliance Many do not understand that these democratic governments and legislatures have agendas of their own. They are just as evil and harmful to a society as the other options for governance"
Sularen nodded in agreement to Moff Lyken's Statement. There was so much truth to his words especially given at how the Byss Crisis had turned out. Corellia and Duros launching an illegal blockade with the Alliance later defending them when Sularen responded by attacking the Corellians in order in a pre-emptive strike to defend his Throneworld's Sovereignty. Now he was in exile (again) , his people living under a prolonged Military Occupation from the Alliance for the Second Time within a Decade. Hopefully this humiliation and mistreatment would bring Byss back to Sularen's side once more when the Maw would come in full force in the Core Worlds.

Soon enough , Sularen and Lyken along with the Latter's entourage arrived at Lyken's Primary Office passing through two Death Troopers at the entry door before entering a narrow hallway which led to another door which presumably led to the Main Office. Then the Group came to a stop with a tiny scanner appearing above the door and scanning the floor below.

>/ACCESS CODE OMEGA MINOR: /<

"Access code Omega Minor, 8Y6DGZ320".

>/WELCOME MOFF LYKEN, INTERIOR ENCRYPTION INTERGRITY, 100% /<
Then they proceeded to enter an Imperial Style Office , with red streaks along the walls in columns. Sularen noticed that there were several shelves of books and old tomes placed behind Lyrken's desk diagonally against the wall. Directly behind the desk, was a square opening into the wall, with hardy branches and small green plants along the bottom with a type of synthetic dirt , hard glass lined the border so none would seep on to the floor. The Moff then proceeded to sit down with his Command Staff positioning themselves before the Sith-Imperial Moff gestured for Sularen who proceeded to sit down on the chair directly opposite to the Sith-Imperial Moff.

"So, Grand Overseer What can myself and the Imperial Bastion do for you?".
Sularen straightened up and soon responded to the Moff's Question. "I'm sure you are already aware about this but , the Sith Empire you once knew is gone with new powers such as the New Imperial Order and the Ashlan Crusade filling up the void. The Imperial Bastion represents one of the largest and strongest Sith-Imperial Remnants in the Tingel Arm but like i said earlier , the New Imperials and the Ashlans are filling up the power vacuum left behind by the collapse of the Sith Empire and despite the impressive strength of the Imperial Bastion. You all stand no match against either the New Imperials or the Ashlans. Hence i wish to make a proposition. The Final Dawn is a clandestine Neo-Imperialist Junta which has fuelled the fires of the Mawite Warmachine , and since the collapse of the Sith Empire we have been offering Former Sith-Imperial Officers new purpose within our ranks."

"And now , i'm extending this offer to you all. To avoid the inevitable destruction that shall be brought upon you all by either the New Imperials or the Ashlans shall you remain here any longer , to avoid being forced to serve the New Imperials and Ashlans or face possible executions by them via their Kangaroo Courts. A chance to join the Final Dawn and find new purpose , helping us provide the Galaxy with something new , a Clean Slate , a "Pure" Order , greater then the Sith Order you once served. I'm giving this offer only once and by the time i return to the Unknown Regions either you can follow me and help bring forth a Pure Galactic Order or remain here and face destruction by the same foes who destroyed the very Empire you once served. The choose you make, Moff Lyken , will affect the very future of the Imperial Bastion and set the stage of either it's Salvation or it's Destruction"

Flagship:

-HMIS

Other Forces:

One

Rogue-class Starfighter

Moff Lyken now listened to the proposal. This Final Dawn seemed to have considerable influence, especially within the Maw and the Galactic Core. Though, Drybis was not a fan of the Brotherhood. They represented centric ideals that didn't mesh with his own personal ideology. However, the Grand Overseer seemed to be somewhat disconnected from the heretical fanatics that ran the Maw, and seemed like Lyken, an Imperial leader who led and governed with reason and strength. But, would he want Lyken to join the Maw itself, or operate individually within this Final Dawn. He was not sure yet. Anyways, Moff Lyken was not one to make a rash choice out of necessity. He analyzed and studied each option with strategic thought and consideration. The next few minutes might determine who the Bastion would become aligned with.

Drybis started from the top. "Hmm, an interesting proposal Grand Overseer". "Probably one of the best we have received thus far". "And you are correct, the Sith Empire is gone".

"Good Riddance", spoke the elder officer Whirlock.

"Some have thought to restore it, but that hope is long past".

"As for the Ashlans". "We have been pushing back their expeditionary forces for some time, but again you are correct Sularen, we cannot stand against their full might, we would unfortunately lose".

"Sir, I believe this Maw lover is mistaken, the Lord Imperator would nev......"

"Quiet, Nagayzen". "Do not insult our guest".

Lyken now resumed, "However, the New Imperial Order on the other hand seems to have bigger concerns, with the chaos in the Core and the Brotherhood". "In fact, they reached out to us not too long ago as it may". He wasn't sure if the Grand Overseer would be surprised, after all most of his men were Imperial, not Sith or Sith servants. When the NIO had sent an envoy, many were hoping the Bastion would join, especially Nagayzen, who had relatives with the New Imperial Navy. Lyken had been considering their offer prior to Sularen's arrival. This was most likely a complication Sularen had hoped to avoid.

"And their offer seemed more layered and possibly more......beneficial", he grinned slightly at the man across from him.

"But your Final Dawn possibly has more potential in both power and the ability to survive the coming storm". "Perhaps your offer might be better for a new purpose".

"However, a true Dejarik master surveys and assess all the options, so I will reveal to you what they offered as it seems only fair".

"Sir, I must protes......"

"You will do no such thing Admiral, or you shall face my judgement, yet again". The Admiral seemed to swallow his breath in obvious fear and stepped back with his head tilted down.

"Now, the NIO offered the entire Bastion complete asylum and full integration into the New Imperial Navy and command structure". "All ranks would be kept and no commands would be transferred". "They would allow me to keep full command of all my forces besides a few logistical moves to balance out the rest of the fleets". "And lastly, they offered me a promotion". "Grand Moff, something I have indeed wanted for a long time".

He paused for a quick moment to give time for Sularen to process, then he resumed again. "Of course I don't expect your offer to be as considerate and reassuring, seeing that the NIO is clearly more desperate than I previously believed". "Still, even though you have stated you will only make your offer once, I would appreciate it if you outlined it in more detail". "I don't take the future of the Imperial Bastion lightly".

The Moff would not come as easily as Sularen might have hoped, but still he had a chance to get the Bastion on his side and within the Final Dawn.

Lyken was concerned about Sularen's mention of a "Pure" Galactic Order and what that entailed, but he would save that concern for later.

VENTOOINE , OUTER RIM

Sularen listened Carefully to Moff Lyrken's Response as he spoke about the Imperial Bastion's Position , acknowledging that his Sith-Imperial Remnant would be no match for the Advancing Forces of the Ashlan Crusade and New Imperial Order. However some of his Officers continued to interject the Sith-Imperial Moff some displaying their satisfaction of the Demise of the Sith Empire , others who were somewhat reluctant in dealing with the Grand Overseer and by extension the Maw in general. Sularen could only assume that those officers who had displayed some form of discontent towards the Maw were like most people in the Galaxy. They saw the Maw as a Rat-Tag Group of Savage Marauders , Warlords and Sith like judging a book by it's cover. They did not know how sophisticated the Final Dawn was , how Pure it wass, free from the corruption and decaydance of the various Imperialist Groups throughout the Galaxy : The First Imperials , Eternal Imperials , New Imperials , Elysium Imperials. Each following an outdated and/or inefficient system destined to collapse within the Next Few Years. Soon enough their eyes would be opened and they would soon adhere to the Purity of the Final Dawn or they would simply be swept away from the Pages of History.

Now, the NIO offered the entire Bastion complete asylum and full integration into the New Imperial Navy and command structure. All ranks would be kept and no commands would be transferred. They would allow me to keep full command of all my forces besides a few logistical moves to balance out the rest of the fleets. And lastly, they offered me a promotion. Grand Moff, something I have indeed wanted for a long time. Of course I don't expect your offer to be as considerate and reassuring, seeing that the NIO is clearly more desperate than I previously believed. Still, even though you have stated you will only make your offer once, I would appreciate it if you outlined it in more detail. I don't take the future of the Imperial Bastion lightly

Then Lyken made a shocking reveal , one that did and did not surprise the Grand Overseer himself at the same time as he was not expecting the New Imperials to try to counteract his attempts to recruit the Imperial Bastion although it still did make sense for them to seek out the Imperial Bastion as a means of denying a potential valuable asset for the Brotherhood of the Maw. Already Sularen suspected Julius Haskler , a Moff within the New Imperial Order of being responsible for this futile attempt to deceive the Imperial Bastion as the Anaxsian Moff had already tried to persuade both Grand Moff Vel'alari from Bilbringi and Captain Kenth Berik from Carida into joining the New Imperial Order. But his efforts would be in vain , for the Grand Overseer would still maintain the advantage.

Thus Sularen proceeded to speak , ready to ensure that the Imperial Bastion joined the Final Dawn , one way or another. "Very Interesting" Sularen began. "Very Interesting. Although i must say Moff Lyken , while this offer from the New Imperials would be very beneficial for the Imperial Bastion i must inform you that this offer is based on lies and deception and will get you nowhere Moff Lyken. It will only result in the Imperial Bastion getting absorbed and broken up by the New Imperials. For Starters , their offer to promote you to the position of Grand Moff is a farce as such position does not even exist within the New Imperial Order. Instead you will most likely keep your status as a Moff although even that is worse as New Imperial Moffs only have control over one or two Planets within a single "Province" which is equivalent to one-fifth of the average Sith-Imperial Sector. And i said Average Sector as some Sith-Imperial Moffs ruled over the equivalent of 11 New Imperial Provinces which is alot compared to what the New Imperials are offering."

"In addition , given that you will only be reduced to ruling over one or two planets you might face the possibility of your Fleet being greatly reduced along with some of your officers being transferred to other commands , as like i said earlier , the Imperial Bastion will be broken up once the New Imperials absorbs it within their Territory. If you take their offer now Moff Lyken you will soon find yourself in command of a Vassalized Rump State of the Imperial Bastion with considerably less power and influence then you ever wielded within the Sith Empire. Now i know that some of your officers might be wondering , how do i know that. Well , i once served the New Imperial Order within their Navy to be exact , a few months before my time as Lord-Imperator of Byss. In fact my very Flagship dubbed the Predator first saw service within the New Imperial Armada before becoming the Flagship of the Byss System Defense Force and later one of the Lead Warships of the Final Dawn's Navy."

"What the Final Dawn has to offer is greater then that of the New Imperial Order. Instead of the position of Grand Moff what i can offer is the position of High Overseer , somewhat equivalent to that of a Grand Moff. As a High Overseer you will act as the Right-Hand of the Grand Overseer and be placed in charge of the Council of Overseers which is the Diet of Planetary Governors and Sector Leadership for the Final Dawn's Government and Military Affairs. You will also gain a spot within the Final Dawn's Supreme War Council and will be granted control over a Sector Fleet , larger then the already impressive Fleet of the Imperial Bastion. Some of your Officers might even be promoted to important positions within the Final Dawn such as the Council of Overseers as an Overseer , a position equivalent to a Planetary/Sector Governor with their own Local Planetary Fleets and Milita. A Deal far greater then that of the New Imperials."

"This is a huge offer , Moff Lyken. You can choose to become part of the Final Dawn's Crusade to bring about a Pure Galactic Order. Free from the Corruption of Old Regimes and the Constant State of Warfare this Galaxy has been engulfed in , and be rewarded with vast territories , large Fleets and powerful armies or you can accept the New Imperial Order's Offer and sacrifice everything you have built here , rule over a Rump State of the Imperial Bastion , and become Shadow of your Former Self."

Last edited:

Flagship:

-HMIS

Other Forces:

One

Rogue-class Starfighter

Lyken listened intently to the argument that the Grand Overseer was presenting. Drybis was no fool, and he knew that the New Imperials would most likely attempt to break down his remnant once it was absorbed. However, Sularen underestimated the current desperation of the NIO. They were fully willing to let him keep most of his fleet under his command. Though Drybis knew that he would never be able to have full control over what himself and his fleet could do. But before Sularen came along, that was the only offer available. Lyken knew what the NIO was, many of his former collogues and superiors had joined with them following the Empire's collapse. He knew that whatever they offered, its true value would be less than what was promised. That was just the way of Imperial negotiating, that he had seen.

He then listened to Sularen lay out his counter offer. Drybis had always coveted the title of Grand Moff, but sometimes wished he was a Grand Admiral instead. Fleet command suited him better than provincial governorship. The Final Dawn leader then went and offered him the position of High Overseer. From what Sularen had described, it seemed to be the best of both worlds for Lyken. He could keep his influence and would become Sularen's second and right-hand. He would be in charge of the Council of Overseers, which overall made up the bulk of the political and provincial governing body of the Final Dawn. The Council also oversaw the Sector Leadership of the Final Dawn's military affairs. Lyken would also be placed on the Final Dawn's War Council and granted his own Sector Fleet, which Drybis hoped to be of both his Bastion fleet and new additions from Final Dawn. Basically, Sularen was granting him the power, prestige, and privilege that Lyken had always desired. It seemed a bit too good to be true. The New Imperials might not have offered the best solution for the Bastion, but they clearly forced Sularen to up his own offer, almost like he wanted to stick it to them in spite. In addition, Sularen offered Lyken's subordinates and officers nearly the same, possible positions on the Council of Overseers and possible military commands. This was more than what Lyken had expected to be offered.

To say the least, Moff Lyken was certainly impressed. However, he wasn't stupid enough to trust Sularen fully. That would be absurd and the Moff wasn't that much of a fool. Though, he could possibly trust Sularen's self-interest, especially when it came to him getting Lyken's Bastion to join with the Final Dawn. So far, Drybis was actually leaning towards accepting. With the Ashlan Crusade slowly on their way to his territories and with the NIO nudging at his borders, he would soon have to pick a side, or something to align with. The thoughts had been going around in his head for months. He had once thought about an idea of a mercenary fleet, but the Bastion was too big for that. He next considered, disbanding the fle
ets and letting all the officers and commanders chose their own way. But that would most likely backfire. Finally Lyken realized he would be forced to join with a larger and more stable galactic faction. It was the only way, as he saw it. And Sularen's offer was certainly the best for the Bastion. The Former Lord Imperator did make a bit of an insult by saying that if he joined the NIO, he would become a shade of his former self. Though it was offensive and Nagayzen especially lifted his head at first hearing it. Lyken weathered it well, understand that Sularen was just attempting to show the mistake it would be if the Moff joined with the New Imperials. The Moff simply ignored it and didn't let it faze him one bit. It wasn't the first time he was insulted and it wouldn't be the last. Being immensely satisfied with the offer, Lyken had some hope restored within him. But before he would accept, he would probe just a bit more and ask the Grand Overseer about his and the Final Dawn's ideology. Lyken had some non-humans under his command, including his Duro Admiral & close friend, Luk'Jo. He was concerned by the rumors he had heard of the Final Dawn.

Rumors of their hatred and distrust of non-humans. Lyken had to know the truth behind it before he could ever accept the Grand Overseer's offer.

He opened up, "Well". He paused briefly. "A very impressive offer Grand Overseer, very impressive indeed". "I did not know that you held such respect for the Imperial Bastion".

"To be truthful, I am honored to have received such a proposal". "With this offer, you would grant me power and prestige, the extent of which I have coveted for a long time". "You would make me your second and give me the freedoms that are allowed to that as well". "You would guarantee the fair assimilation of my forces and people, and allow them to possible land positions within the Final Dawn's power structure".

"I also presume that this offer is on the basis of my merit as a Fleet Commander and Provincial Moff, which is what I would expect".

Lyken now paused, this time for a bit longer period. Clearly pondering in his head. He resumed with a devious grin on his face. "I am deeply impressed and certainly honored, Sularen". "I am thankful for the opportunity that you have given the Imperial Bastion". "However, before I can accept your generous offer, I must ask a question or two".

Lyken continued. "You have stated that the Final Dawn is a "Pure" Galactic Order". "I was just wondering, in what way or meaning, do you mean pure?". "I must be sure that our Imperial ideals are similar". He now stopped, with the devious grin faded but still present. The Moff hoped the Grand Overseer would understand his question, Lyken just had to be sure that his ideology wasn't too far from that of Sularen. If they were, then the meeting might end a bit differently than how Sularen thought it might.

Theme: The Stalwart Admiral

VENTOOINE , OUTER RIM

"Well. A very impressive offer Grand Overseer, very impressive indeed". "I did not know that you held such respect for the Imperial Bastion".

"To be truthful, I am honored to have received such a proposal. With this offer, you would grant me power and prestige, the extent of which I have coveted for a long time. You would make me your second and give me the freedoms that are allowed to that as well. You would guarantee the fair assimilation of my forces and people, and allow them to possible land positions within the Final Dawn's power structure".

"I also presume that this offer is on the basis of my merit as a Fleet Commander and Provincial Moff, which is what I would expect"

At this point , Sularen was fully confident that Moff Lyken would join him. While his offer of granting Lyken and his subordinates so much power could compromise his own position within the Final Dawn , the Grand Overseer had complete control over the Final Dawn's Intelligence Agency which he deemed was sufficient enough to keep tabs on the Imperial Bastion's Officers once they were integrated into the Final Dawn after all should Lyken try to cross him and the Final Dawn he could always utilize the Hand of Judgement to neutralize them.

Nevertheless with Moff Lyken's Response , the Grand Overseer was certain that Lyken's Officers would follow suit in joining the Final Dawn. However while it seemed that Lyken seemed to prefer the Grand Overseer's Offer , there was still more things to discuss about most importantly about the whether the Final Dawn's Ideology's align with that of the Imperial Bastion.

You have stated that the Final Dawn is a "Pure" Galactic Order. I was just wondering, in what way or meaning, do you mean pure?I must be sure that our Imperial ideals are similar

"Just to clarify things , Moff Lyken i did state that the Final Dawn will bring forth a Pure Galactic Order rather then being a "Pure" Galactic Order itself. As for your question , our idea of a "Pure" Galactic Order is that of giving the Galaxy a Clean Slate by wiping out all Galactic Governments and those who follow them and creating something new from the ashes of these Fallen Nations. A New Galactic Order unaffected by the constant state of warfare that has plagued the galaxy under one singular Secular and Imperialist Government where Force Users have no influence in Galactic Affairs. Where only one Singular Ideology exists , that of Pure Imperialism , where there is only one single united and Non-Corrupt Imperial Entity within the Galaxy unlike our current state where you have numerous Imperial Factions such as New Imperials , Elysium Imperials , Eternal Imperials and First Imperials. One Galaxy. One Empire."

Flagship:

-HMIS

Other Forces:

One

Rogue-class Starfighter

Lyken heard what Sularen had to say about the subject at hand. His ideals weren't completely in line with those of Lyken, but they were close enough. An order of pure Imperialism, was one that Lyken could support and represent. When he mentioned the line "One Galaxy, One Empire", it intrigued him. Whatever power controls such an Empire, as long as they were loyal to the ideals, such as the ones that Sularen had just mentioned, then the structure could hold up. All past Imperial forms have failed over time, even if they subdued the galaxy. This was due to the infighting, disorganization, and tumultuous nature of the Sith. Drybis had secretly sworn to serve one particular Sith, but he was different. Otherwise, his ideals lined up with the Grand Overseer's in this specific regard. The Imperials should unite and end their fractured positions as Sularen had brought up. The man's explanation had been enough for Lyken to accept. Of course, he wasn't entirely onboard and had his own personal plans in possible contrast, but for right now he would push those aside and make his final decision.

Drybis lifted his chin a bit and then looked back directly at Sularen while pondering in his mind for a moment.

Lyken continued. "You have presented a compelling explanation Grand Overseer". "I am glad that you believe as I do, that the Imperials must join together for one cause, one purpose". "Of course, as long as you respect my influential sovereignty within the Final Dawn and my position as your right hand, then I don't think we will have any major issue working with each other".

The Moff stood up from his seat, his subordinates looked onward in anticipation. With this, it showed them that he had made his decision or was close to it. He moved to Admiral Luk'Jo and conversed with him in a slight whisper. Once he pulled away and nodded briefly, he turned back around and moved to face the Grand Overseer in a direct view in front of him, standing directly in the middle of the desk's length.

Lyken had truly made his decision. In his mind, he wanted to explore different paths and go through different scenarios. However, with the varying factors at hand, Lyken had to consider more deeply. Given the Bastion's current position and predicament, Lyken would have to choose a side at some point soon, or worse, one would be chosen for him.

After examining all possible factors and alternate avenues, he realized that there was only one option that made any logical and tactical sense. Like everything, Lyken examined the factors at hand and came to a decision. This was the best he could hope for at the present moment. Perhaps those same factors would change one day, but perhaps not. Either way, Moff Lyken was ready to announce his decision. He could feel the nervous energy around some of his command staff, clearly still unsure of where Lyken would side. A short deep breath. He was now completely ready.

He took a more straightened posture, before speaking to Sularen.

"After briefly examining all potential variable factors, I have finally come to a decision". The Grand Overseer seemed to jolt in his seat a bit, seemingly hopeful for what might happen. Lyken moved around his desk slowly with a measured trot. He then went around the side of the desk and made his way to stand directly in front of Sularen in his seat. As the Moff approached, Sularen got up to meet Drybis eye to eye, and only a mere foot or two apart from each other.

Drybis glared at Sularen for a quick moment with a grim scowl, then changed instantly and formed a grin upon his face.

This was it. Finally.

The mask was not yet removed

"The Imperial Bastion would be honored to join the Final Dawn, Grand Overseer". Lyken finished as he bowed his head a tiny bit in mutual respect and honor, keeping his grin the whole time. He then stuck out his arm and hand firmly to shake.

Theme: The Stalwart Admiral

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom