Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Unlikeliest of Allies

Nar Shaddaa Undercity
Undisclosed Complex
It had been approximately one day and eleven hours since Maiev had been captured. The event in question was still an annoying blur for the witch. She had been on a simple solo excursion chasing down a lead involving a potential Sith cult. Rumour had it that they were utilizing a number of smuggling routes to move their artifacts around the galaxy. As such, Maiev had travelled to more disreputable side of the galaxy - namely the planet's that sat within the domain of the Hutts. Or once did, depending on what state the galaxy was currently in.

Nonetheless, the witch had eventually landed on the Smuggler's Moon. Her intention had been to meet a contact there, but before she could even reach the cantina, she had been ambushed and knocked out. A few hours passed until Maiev finally awoke, only to discover she was now locked in some type of cell - presumably still on Nar Shaddaa. Immediately she had felt drained of the Force, and even Kalax-Ra was unusually silent. But if what she suspected was true; that a suppression field was in play, then the spirit's lack of communication came as no surprise. Despite their connection, they stilled relied on the Force to tie them together. Otherwise Kalax would just be floating in a shell without a voice.

The cell in question was oddly sizable, certainly not claustrophobic but it was clearly not meant to be used to keep someone in for days on end. It was why Maiev summarized she hadn't been thrown into a prison or something like it. If anything, it struck her as more a transfer facility. Lock up a person of interest for whatever interim time there was between moving. Or it could be something else entirely, but right now Maiev was grasping at anything and everything to keep her occupied.

She hadn't slept, couldn't really with the constant buzz of the forcefield. It was essentially white noise, but it irritated the witch and forced her to remain awake. An ironic thing really, given she constantly had an ancient spirit talking in her ear. But the fact Kalax was forced into silence, put Maiev on edge. Not to say the situation in general wasn't already doing that.

What didn't help, was when she arrived.

Around twenty hours ago Maiev had been startled out of her attempted nap. She had woken up and looked in time to see some activity from the cell opposite to hers, as the blue forcefield snapped to life. She could make out the form of another woman; younger than her, now occupying it. Time passed until the woman stirred, and right off the bat Maiev knew something was off about her. She didn't need to the Force to know the newcomer reeked of darkness; that of a Sith.

It went without saying that the snippets of converstation the two had weren't exactly between two good friends. But it ultimately didn't matter, as it was all going to come to a head, because as the twelfth hour of the second day neared...

The game would begin.

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

No sooner than the dart poked into her neck had she felt herself fall into a dream that occupied the better part of her mind before she had even hit the ground. The mission to Nar Shaddaa had ended in failure, of that there was no doubt. Pyrrhus would have her head for this unless she salvaged this. Dreams of intense hate clouded her hindered sleep as she tried in vain to force herself awake. It didn’t work. Eventually eyes fluttered awake with a drowsy yawn. Eyelid batted against eyelid as she slowly pushed herself from her prone position on her metallic bed. This wasn’t ideal, now was it? The apprentice’s glance wandered along the walls to set on the force field that separated her from the route she’d have to take to escape. A heavy sigh parted her lips as she set her sights for the floor again. Her forearm weighed against her knee as she tried to get a better idea of where she was. Hand ran through her hair to fix it up somewhat, but it stopped as she felt it. The stare from her next door neighbor.

Eyes twitched upwards and set on the raven-haired woman on the other side of the corridor through dark brown locks of hair. They lingered, much as the other woman’s stare did. The hand in her hair swept Myn’s hair aside before it too came to a rest on her other knee. A few seconds of passed before her forearms angled themselves into a frustrated shrug.

“Don’t you know it’s rude to stare?” Myn muttered and shook her head. Eyes wandered around her cell in an attempt to find an escape route but couldn’t seem to find anything.

Waiting game it was then.

Was she still staring at her? Eyes rolled.

“... Could you not?”

Maiev was irritated, only slightly though.

Almost enough she was seconds away from snapping at the young woman the moment she had spoken.

Okay, perhaps she was a little more than just slightly irritated.

The frustration of being essentially disconnected from Kalax-Ra was gnawing at Maiev's mind. It was like she had a part of herself locked away, knowing and feeling it was there, but any and all attempts to try and stir it awake resulted in failure. Surprisingly, this was the first time something like this had happened for the duo. Kalax had always warned her to avoid Ysalamir as it would elicit a reaction like this, but as far as Maiev could tell the creatures weren't currently present.

Her attention remained on Myn, but she said nothing. After a few moments she closed her eyes. The witch was seated on the floor, legs crossed beneath her in a meditative pose. If she couldn't get in contact with Kalax right now, she may as well reserve her energy for whatever came next. It wasn't as though the gruel they considered food, was anything substantial. But meditation could only help her so much, and as such Maiev's eyes opened once more.

"What's your name?" She asked, her voice polite but with some of the frustration layered beneath it.

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

The palpable irritation reeking in small waves from the raven-haired witch’s mind. It brought an even greater grin to the acolyte’s lips as she stared back with a defiant hunger. To turn that into action, hostility or a fight was tempting had it not been because she lacked the means to do it. She settled for staring, grinning and giving the stranger an amused glance for no other reason than to further aggravate her. There was of course nothing funny about this situation, nothing whatsoever, but this was just about the only thing Myn could think of to make time pass.

The stranger asked for her name and the grin only got bigger.

“My name... Is-“ She held back the snickering. “Aver.”

“Aver Wonderhowyouendedupinhere?”

“Actually, it’s Mend…” She shrugged. “Mend Yourownbusiness.”

“The coin trickling down over there, Jedi?”

The Witch's browed twitched in annoyance, likely to the amusement of her neighbour. She had barely opened her mouth and Maiev already wanted to seal it shut. And the look that crossed her face said as much.

Maiev however, was not amused with Myn's answers. Instead, she closed her eyes again and focused on her meditation.

Each time, even though she couldn't physically see her face, Maiev still saw that infuriating grin on the Sith's face. Part of her wanted to find a way to tear down the forcefields so she could reach the woman and wipe that look off.

Preferably with her life also slipping away at the same time.

The witch inhaled and exhaled, trying to calm her mind. Kalax-Ra's absence wasn't helping. Being isolated in a cell like this wasn't helping. Trying to ignore her neighbour wasn't helping.

It seemed as though striking up a conversation was the only option. Despite how loathe she was to admit it.

"How very amusing little Sith." She said, her eyes snapping open into a glare. "A lack of humour and blind as well it seems, I'm no Jedi."

She opened her mouth to speak further, but the sound of a metal door sliding open and close echoed down the hallway. Silence fell over the two, as three sets of boots grew increasingly louder with every moment.

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

This must have been the sensation the others masters talked about when it came to watching a Jedi squirm at the power of your words. Of course, they were talking in moments when the Jedi was bound up or otherwise defeated, this was on too equal ground for Myn to really seek any real enjoyment in it. For now it was merely the best way to make time pass until an opportunity to escape arose.

“You’re not doing a very good job with that whole ‘moral high ground, always peacefully serene’ right now.” Myn said, rose from her bed and walked over to lean against the arch that kept her force field in place. “So if you are not a jedi, did you get thrown out?”

“Yeah, you probably got thrown out due to inadequacy. I mean, you guys have a contingency plan for that, don't you? AgriCorps? Better force children into a life as a farmer than risk them becoming like me, right?”

“That who you are, little jedi? A lost little farm girl who got outsmarted by the mean criminals?”

“Or maybe you were a vengeful little Jedi looking to stop something out of her league.”

“You know, I pity you, I really do.”

Maiev let out a growl as she stared at Myn, the young woman's words were mog grating than anything else. Stoking the flames of the fire within the witch, calling for her to lash out at the Sith and show her just who she was annoying. Slowly she stood up, her eyes fixed on the other woman. Maiev walked up to the forcefield a bit closer, mouth opening to speak but was interrupted by a round of applause.

"Ladies please, as much as I do enjoy a good squabble..." The trio that had been approaching had finally reached them, two were lightly armoured with a third standing between them. Maiev first looked at the guards, noting they didn't bear any insignias or emblems and assumed they were the man's personal guard.

The man himself was rather portly to say the least. He was dressed rather casually, a stark contrast to one's flanking him. His hair was hardly there, obvious signs of balding and the short shallowed breaths he took made it apparent the man liked his cigars.

"But at least it made this more interesting." His eyes lingered over to Maiev. "You were simply boring, just standing and sitting in your cell all the time." He then turned to face Myn. "At least when we threw you in there, she suddenly had some venom on her tongue. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the two of you knew one another."

"I take it you're the one who captured us?" Maiev asked and the man smiled, an odd twinkle in his eye.

"You'd be correct. It was pitifully easy as well." A look of distaste appeared on his face. "You force users are so arrogant in your abilities, that you can't even concieve that the simpliest of methods could disable you."

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

The wicked grin was wiped from Myn’s face as the man who had put her in this cell. It wasn’t a squabble, it was an argument. He was all wrong and Myn would never want to associate with someone so far beneath her. A grimace of disgust spread across the girl’s face as if she had eaten a particularly bitter chocolate piece. No, Raven was not her friend and she had never seen her before. It was wrong on so many levels.

Finger raised towards the man’s shape, head turning to look at [member="Maiev"].

“Forget you, I’m gonna kill that man.” Myn shook her head and looked at him. “Hey prickface, not sure if you know who the hell you are messing with here, but you might want to reconsider this before accidents start happening.”

Finger twisted into a talon-like grip. Okay, so, that didn’t work. The man laughed at her.

“Not gonna work, sweetie.” He scoffed. “I have outsmarted you, just accept it.”

“This is merely a temporary disadvantage.” Myn lowered her arm and looked at Maiev. “I am pretty sure I am not the only one who feels this way.”

“Trust me,” Myn seemed oddly confident. “I’ll get you one way or the other.”

The man chuckled, seemingly unconcerned with the confidence in Myn's voice.

"Alas darling, that won't be happening." He looked between the two, a smile on his face. "You two are to be my entertainment." He let the meaning behind it linger unanswered.

Maiev's eyes narrowed, fists clenched proving that Myn was quite right in the fact she wasn't the only one who wanted out. To maim and most probably kill their kidnapper.

"But I will be letting you out." That caught the witch's attention, her brow furrowing in confusion. What game was he playing at? "In fact if you manage to get out of this place, you'll both be free to go, no strings attached."

“That sounds bloody stupid."

The man rolled his eyes and looked over at Myn, there was a glimmer of irritation in his eyes. But it was gone when he reached into his jacket, and pulled out a few items of note.

"I'll be keeping these though, I'm sure they'll net a nice profit on the market." In his hand was Myn's lightsaber, and Maiev's sheathed daggers. "While I doubt this will barely get much." He raised Myn's weapon up. "These on the other hand..." This time it was Maiev's, with a pleased smile on his face. "You rarely get ahold of Dathormirian blades like these. They'll be a tidy sum I'm sure."

There was slam against the forcefield, a slight buzz sound echoed out as Maiev's fist struck it. The man smiled, a wide chesire grin.

"Once I'm out of here, your head is mine and I'll be getting those back."

"Oh, I doubt that darling. Part of me thinks neither of you will manage to get out of the cell area." With that, he placed the weapons back in his pocket, then turned around and left - his guards following dutifully at his sides.

Both women were left in silence. Maiev's eyes lingered over to Myn once more. Waiting to see if the forcefields would indeed be lowered, that was if the man was being truthful.

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

Lips twisted into a small lopsided frown at the man’s insistence that they would act as entertainment to him. Brows perked as he mentioned being let out. It sounded bloody stupid, and Myn would let the man know exactly what she thought on the manner in an ever so curt remark on the matter.

“That sounds bloody stupid.” She scoffed and looked at the saber he held out. There was no connection to that. She could use any other blade to the same degree of skill as she could use a saber. It came with being raised as a military brat and overall a straight-a student at the academy. She had revelled in combat and for a while Myn’s highest ambition had been to climb the ranks of the army until she was at its top.

Alas, it was a future meant for someone else. Myn had been brought on a path that was even greater. The path of the Sith, the path of an overlord and supreme being. Her mother and father had been proud of her at the revelation to the point where she had seen her father cry tears of pride for the first time in her life. He had been a strict man with an equally strict control of his emotions. To see him break down like a weeping baby meant more to Myn than anyone could ever have imagined.

And when they died during the Alliance’s murderous assault on Coruscant it helped add fuel to the fires that would one day make her one of the greatest. Myn would be the one to bring the Alliance down under her boot to stomp like the cretinous parasites they were, and only on that day would her retribution be complete.

But for now she would have more acute problems to tackle.

The man left, Myn looked over at Maiev to meet her stare.

“When these fields go down, I suggest a temporary truce.” She said in an evident rush to get the word in before the fields would go down. “You help me, I help you, together we get out of here and agree this never happened, but only after that man is buried six feet under.”

“Sound like a deal?”

The silence; short as it was, had been palpable once the man had left. Maiev could hear her heart beating, especially more so given she didn't presently have Kalax talking in her mind. Her stare was unflinching as she didn't look away from Myn. Only this time they didn't reflect the annoyance she felt.

Rather they were sharp, and cold.

There was no denying that Maiev had every intention of lashing out the moment the forcefields dropped. She didn't bother hiding it at all in the glare she was giving her neighbour. But it faltered slightly when Myn suddenly voiced her offer, the words quickly slipping out of her lips as a faint buzzing was heard around them.

Moments later the forcefields were came down, dropping like sets of curtains being cut from the top.

Nothing happened, but tension filled the air as Maiev slowly stepped out of her cell.

"Deal." She said, gritting her teeth ever so slightly. There was no denying Maiev did not like the fact she would have to work with a Sith, instead she'd much rather see to Myn not carrying on living. Although, she would admit to agreeing with her desire to bury their irritating captor. Though never outloud, she wouldn't give the Sith the satisfaction.

Maiev exhaled as she looked left and right, taking note of the two different directions they could go. To their left was where the man and his guards had gone down, but there was another door present down to the right. She would've opted to get Kalax's advice on the matter, but despite the suppression on the Force was lifted there was still no word from the spirit. Maiev was already growing concerned, wondering if being cut off had done more than simply disconnecting them.

"Your choice, which way should we go?"

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

Oh the little Jedi hated the fact that they worked together, and while on any other day Myn would have liked to poke her for it there was still the fact that she agreed to work together for the time being. It’d be an uneasy alliance at best, one in which Myn would never afford herself to feel even a slither of actual trust, but she needed the other woman to get out and she knew it. Right now the only reason she wouldn’t show her own contempt for it was the fact that she as well did not want the other to notice it.

Maiev stepped out of her cell and Myn carefully did the same while eyeing her ‘friend’ with no small amount of wary. Head dipped only once to show that Myn too agreed to the temporary alliance. “Deal.” She said to stave off any potential confusion as to what she meant. This Jedi in particular seemed like an easy peever. Someone that would probably be a bit of an odd one out in their circuits. Sure, she had said she wasn’t a Jedi, but was Myn to believe that? Really?

Looking in the directions they could go Myn would proceed to point towards the same direction the man had headed without actually stepping there. She was not taking the lead for this one. She wasn’t that much of an idiot.

“That way.” She nodded and looked to Maiev. Her brows perked in the direction to urge her to move. “They went that way. Feels like the best course of action, wouldn’t you say?”

“Unless you wanna take that way.” Her hand twitched backwards as her thumb pointed over her shoulder. “What we need first is arms. Guns, knives, anything.”

In the end Myn hadn’t said much at all. Merely shifted the choice back into [member="Maiev"]’s court.

“And the name’s Myn by the way.” The girl shrugged. “Figure it’s better than ‘hey you’ or whatever.”

It was a good thing stubborness wasn't a defining trait of Maiev's, otherwise Myn's deflection of the choice back to her would've pushed them to an impasse. It would've been ultimately pointless to argue about something like that, even though a number of scenarios were playing out in the witch's head.

Heading that way seems too obvious, likely leading into a trap. But that could be just a bluff to get us to head the other way into another trap.

Though it was very possible she was just thinking into too much. The man said they were meant to be entertainment, whether for his amusement or otherwise. Meaning there was likely something awaiting them no matter which direction they went.

"Weapons are a must, I agree. And he has guards, so they're got to be stationed somewhere." Not as if she was exactly suggesting they should sneak into an area containing a load of armed men and women. "There must be a storage room somewhere, where they keep a stockpile."

Maiev began to lead the way, opting to follow the direction the man had gone down. There had been some hesitation, plainly seen as the woman occasionally glanced back towards Myn who was following behind. Silence lingered until the young Sith decided to give her name.

"I'm Maiev."

Once they reached the door it slid open, and the Dathomirian didn't hesitate to step through the threshold. They were greeted by a small room, an elevator on the other side and two doors; one to the left and right. Immediately Maiev headed towards the elevator, but it was clear as she neared that it was shut down. It was not going to be that easy for them. The doors were their only option, and approaching the right one was pointless as it refused to open. The left however was unlocked, and taking a glance past it revealed a corridor that suddenly split into three directions.

It was a maze. And looking upwards revealed the ceiling was high enough up that it was cloaked in darkness. If Maiev had to guess, the 'room' was a repurposed warehouse.

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

Her name was Maiev then. Under most circumstances Myn would not have given much of a damn, but given their current circumstances an exception felt apt to make. The woman was clever though, agreeing with Myn’s idea to find weapons. At least so far it was an agreeable arrangement, but the situation had only just begun to transpire as well. Myn’s gut told her that weapons wouldn’t be so much taken as found, as if something in the air would try to tell her that.

The two ventured down the thin corridor, Myn’s eyes having found themselves in a stare at Maiev’s back. They approached the door, Myn began to move into a cover position but the other woman simply stepped on through. A frustrated sigh burst through the Sith’s nose.

“Don’t do that.” She muttered. “Always check if the area is secure before you step through a door like that. They could have held an ambush at the ready.”

Eyes rolled and set for the ceiling with the shake of her head. Eyes lowered and set on the three doors that before them. Once again eyes rolled off to the side and almost forced her head to turn sideways to keep up. It was the classic set-up then. The thing where they could have split up if they were morons.

And the elevators…

“Count on an ass like this guy to build a maze.” Her head shook in continued disbelief that she had even been placed in this seat. “So do we play this one by the gut, or rather the force?”

“Because my gut’s telling me this way.” Myn said and pointed to the corridor heading left. “But, since we are a team I will grant you the chance to weigh in too, I guess.”

“What does your gut say?”

Myn's words had forced the realization on Maiev that she hadn't infact been cautious with her approach. It should've been common sense to her, even without Kalax-Ra present to guide her. She could've easy have stretched out her senses to see if anything was on the other side of the door. But she hadn't, and instead just strolled in blindly.

Maiev held back from cursing, this time annoyed at herself rather than her younger companion. To her it was glaringly obvious she had been relying on Kalax too much. There had rarely been a moment when the spirit wasn't there if she needed her.

Perhaps today's events would provide some clarity, a lesson in what it's like to have that connection severed; even on a temporary level.

With a deep breath and a small sigh, Maiev focused her mind on the task ahead of them.

"He intends to frustrate us." The witch noted how clean the maze was. Everything was pristine without a single blemish, scuff or stain that would differentiate one from another. "We just 'escaped' from our cells. Found the easy way out; the elevator is locked down and the only option is this."

She chewed her lip slightly, eyes lingering up at the ceiling as she thought on how to tackle this. The desire to simply jump over the walls was tempting, but something wasn't right.

"My gut says to use the Force, but..." Maiev paused as she summoned it to her hand and sent a blast up. At first there appeared no sound reason as to why she did that, until it struck something that was previously invisible but shimmered with a blue light; a forcefield, before fading out again. "This guy isn't that foolish."

She looked at Myn, giving the girl a nod. "Let's go left."

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

“Yes, because a frustrated Sith is precisely something you want to have happen on your doorstep.” Myn deadpanned. “I think he just gets pleasure from watching people squirm under his boot. I mean, I am not a stranger, but… More subtlety would do nicely.”

And a safeword. Or perhaps the idea of something like that would be wasted here. Maiev was right though, they had been granted an easy escape and now they had made way towards the elevator. The enemy held the advantage, most likely recording their every movement with dull anticipation and perhaps a small amount of surprise, perhaps having expected Myn and Maiev to tear each other apart first and working surprisingly amicably together all things considered. It was about getting into the mind of the one holding the cards, and right now Myn had no idea how.

“He has the tactical advantage that we lack.” Myn stated the obvious as they walked down the maze-like hallways. “We need to flip the table on him, but I don’t know how yet.”

A corner came up, a three-way intersection. Myn rushed ahead of the witch and raised her hand to tell her to stop. First she listened. Nothing. Then she looked around the corner. Nothing. The hand lowered and she proceeded to step into the open. Once again they had a choice and which direction to take wasn’t any more obvious than it was the last time they faced this situation. The hallway to the left was longer with many more intersecting pieces whereas the one that continued along the road they had come from had a turn to the left twenty feet ahead of them.

“If you were a designer of mazes, what direction would you want to fool your prey into going in?” Myn asked and turned around towards Maiev. “Would you offer choices, a long narrow path with many divergences…” She then turned towards the left-turn up ahead. “Or would you hide the right path in front of their nose?”

“Then again, if you were competent you would put traps in both directions…” Myn squinted at the paths laid out before them. “To create an illusion of choice…”

Her feet brought her to the path up ahead. Her ears holding out for signs of that low humming sound and whistle she had known from before from countless nights in holding cells for a various amount of reasons.

“Shock fields.” Myn knelt down by the wall and began looking for the panel that hid the projectors. “This is the right way.” Myn said and looked back at Maiev. “If I was this man who holds us I would put the traps on the road that led us towards freedom. Watch us suffer and, like I said before, squirm as we tried to find our way out.”

“So, I have seen these before. Hell, I practically lived in one during my earlier teens.” Myn was after all just barely out of them. “Me and a good friend of mine found a way out, but I am going to need you to trust me here, okay?”

“It will work, trust me. Just play along with whatever I do, and we’ll get through somewhat painlessly.”

Maiev hummed in agreement, she had seen and crossed paths with her fair share of Sith over the years. And unless you could back it up with your own power, pissing off one of them was a sure-fire way of getting yourself killed. Or brutally tortured if you had become a particular nuisance to them.

As the duo walked through the maze, Maiev's eyes lingered around watching the walls and floors. They were all perfectly maintained, the floors a dark grey while the floors bordered on a lighter shade; almost white in colour. There were no gaps, or seams. Nothing that would indicate a panel could open up at any time to deploy a trap. It unnerved the witch, and in part also recognized that was specifically what their captor was going for.

Playing mind games without lifting a finger.

"He did play one of his hands though, in the fact that he specifically kidnapped us." Both force users and women, although Maiev was fairly certain he was focused on the former. Neither of them had exactly been in the same vicinity when they had been jumped, or even the same time of day. "We should expect whatever tricks and traps he has set up to be focused on the Force."

They rounded a corner shortly after that, and almost instantly Myn was rushing ahead. Maiev opened her mouth to speak, to remind her that there could be traps hidden along the path towards the intersection. But there seemed to be none, of the young Sith had managed to bypass them somehow. Either way, the witch followed after her carefully. Stopping just behind Myn as she looked around the corners.

Maiev listened to what the Sith had to say, agreeing with pretty much everything.

"An illusion of choice." She nodded, it would make the most sense that the man wouldn't particularly care about making things fair, all that probably mattered was tormenting and delivering pain to them. With things seemingly in the clear, they pressed on until both just about caught the silent buzz and humm of something obscured from their view.

She quirked an eyebrow at Myn's knowledge of the shocks fields, mainly over the admission she lived in one. Maiev had the thought to ask about it, but then remembered she was Sith and that pretty much explained it in Maiev's mind.

"Understood, lead the way." It was a rare day for her to be so trusting of a Sith. But right now it wasn't really a subject matter to be concerned about. What mattered was surviving, escaping and finding the piece of chit behind this.

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

The shock field was a weird, rather lackluster design with a big flaw. It was designed to hold off a single individual. Two people could slip through it with a special approach to it, and to be honest Myn was only aware of this because of, well, Maiev would most likely be able to figure it out. The trust that Myn had been asked for was placed in her lap, and as such without any further delay she got to work, positioning Maiev slightly off to her side…

Measuring the distance from the two of them and the field…

“Uncanny similarity, but here goes.” Myn let in a deep breath and then a sharp exhale.

Hands wrapped around the collar of Maiev’s top with a firm grip and before the witch would be granted the chance to respond she would find her lips mashed against Myn’s as the Sith tossed the two of them to the ground, and right through the shock field with little more than a tickling buzz. The Coruscanti sith rolled over Maiev’s prone body and kicked herself up on her feet again. Hands spread by her sides to catch any retaliation coming from the Dathomiri, her eyes wide open looking for any such indication.

“We are through!” She spoke, and she spoke fast. “The field is designed to keep single person in place. We got through because the receptors were not allowed to catch as much of the signals sent by the emitters.”

Though the kiss was not called for. That was Myn being, well, herself.

Hey, she was a Sith. It was their way.

Probably.

“That was how I learned how to get through, and it worked this time as well.” Myn covered her truth with a half-truth. “I didn’t want to do that, trust me.” And a half-lie. “We are through, that’s what matters.”

The witch remained quiet as Myn sized up the shock field. In Maiev's head anyway, she assumed the Sith was sizing it up and working out how much distance they would need. Whether to try and jump over the trap itself, or to gauge how much pain they'd have to go through as they traversed it.

What happened instead...well it went without saying that she didn't expect it.

Maiev only managed a gasp, taking by surprise with Myn suddenly grabbing her collar. And was stopped from anything further when the Sith's lips met hers. If this was any other time, not involving a Sith or being kidnapped and locked in some facility, she might've enjoyed the moment.

Right now though, she was mostly confused and perplexed. And somewhere along the line she acknowledged the fact she had been thrown to the floor, bypassing the shock field.

While Myn had immediately jumped to her feet, hands spread out in a form of appeasement. Maiev did barely anything, just propped herself up on one arm; still laying on her side and looked at the young woman. The witch's eyes narrowed not out of anger, but surprise and suspicion.

"Huh." Was her response to Myn's explanation, mind immediately questioning the kiss. Why bother with that if simply hugging and throwing themselves into it would've worked just as well. It confused Maiev for a moment, until she just about caught the half-truths and lie that slipped from Myn's lips. Although Maiev didn't question it, especially given it had gotten them through the trap without any harm done to them.

"I can only imagine the reaction of those you did this with." Maiev picked herself up, dusting her clothes down a bit before licking her lips. "Hmm, not bad." She smirked at Myn, before passing by her.

They still had the rest of the maze to go after all.

[member="Myn Eris"]​

[member="Maiev"]

She wasn’t mad? Myn blinked for a moment before she lowered her hands. That was unexpected. Jedi were prudes by nature, the Sith had expected that entire situation to play out way differently. It was disappointing almost. She followed behind Maiev as they proceeded down the hallway. Myn reached up to scratch at her neck.

“We didn’t exactly notice at first. We were...” She snickered with a smirk growing on her lips. “... Otherwise occupied.”

“Of course, his master wasn’t exactly all that fond of what I did. The man I shared cell with had to go through disciplinary action in order to make him, you know, less susceptible.” The hand lowered and Myn looked down the hallway before them. “Needless to say our little affair was as short-lived as our detention.”

Which was to say not very long at all. Myn had proved too unruly at that point and gotten herself sent away again in an effort to have her cause problem for some other academy or temple. By now she had lost count of how often that had happened, but Myn was fairly certain that it was either the third or fourth time she was sent away. Once she was sent from the one she was sent to, well, she ended up where she was now with Pyrrhus.

Figures it’d take them that long to find a worthy teacher, right?

“Well, I suspect we are bound to meet our first real challenge any moment now.” Myn said and squinted at the road ahead and began to throw a few looks around him. “If I created mazes, I would want them to establish a sense of relative safety and then strip them off it when exposed…”

“Keep your guard up.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom