Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Union Of Fire And Ice

On this our wedding day ..
NQZiDr8.jpg
kOHSx6p.png
The week passed had been spent in preparations for the wedding day, the Grand Hall a hive of activity from the roof top to the cellars. Banners flew high around the capital, a sense of celebration was in the air, and the King's mead stocks filled to capacity, Théo made sure of that. After all he owed his uncle for all the countless barrels that would vanish whenever Théo visited. Uncle Thyrian would not tolerate any argument against the wedding meal being his gift to the couple to be wed and so he was busying himself with flailing arms toward his minions in the kitchen. His booming voice to be heard all the way to the forges issuing orders with threatening flaming looks. At least that is how Théo envisaged the scene.

The reality was that Théo was in the forest, alone with sights down the length of arrow shaft as he gently pulled back of his bow string. A release of breath and the arrow fizzed through the air and made it's mark in the trunk of a tree. Again and again he did this for most of the early crisp morning, it was a good way to clear the mind and settle his stomach. He was not nervous about marrying Ylva, after all he had asked the question, no it was for all the pomp that goes with it, he did not want to make a fool of himself, not completely anyway.

After pulling out the last arrow in the trunk, he looked toward the sky through the pine tops, it would be a clear day until late evening after which a snow storm will gather. Midvinter at her finest.

It was time to return to Thainbroek and prepare himself. A smile formed, he could not help it as he crunched through the icy ground to the narrow track back to the main road. "Oy! , watch where ya goin ya big oaf". The horse pulling a cart started and reared up with a fright as Théo burst onto the road out of nowhere and two burly Valkyri leered at him for upsetting the cart, there was clinks of barrels in the wake. "The King will have ya guts if you spoil the pickled herring, its for some highborn's wedding feast". Théo looked incredibly unimpressed and apparently it was his uncles favourite food. Arr gross.

"Sorry 'bout that", Théo offered his apologies. "I don't suppose you could give me a lift to the capital?, don't want to be late for the occasion". The two men looked at each other back to Théo and chuckled. "Nope, and you had better start walking", and with that they started back on their journey. He watched the back of them, probably a blessing really he did not want to attend his wedding smelling of herring. On foot, Théo started back, and he was going to be a while.

[member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Yula Perl"]

Valae stood in the small dining room of her cabin, dressed in a rather fancy green gown and a heavy fur-lined cloak. It was not every day that she dressed in such finery, in fact, she was rarely seen in dresses as it was. But this was a very special day indeed, for little Theo was getting married.

True, she knew that she could no longer call him 'little,' for he had surpassed her in height a long time ago. Still, Valae had very fond memories of the times she had shared with him, her Master's son. The thoughts alone were enough to make her eyes misty, and she dabbed at them with a hanky.

“Don't get weepy yet,” She said to herself, tucking the hanky away for latter.

Her gifts for the bride and groom were nearly ready, they sat upon her rustic dining table unwrapped. For Ylva was a healing amulet that Valae had designed herself, she thought it might come in handy for mending wounds. Theo did need some looking after, she thought with a small chuckle. Also for the bride, was a new cloak – and a promise to babysit whenever needed.

Valae's gifts to Theo were different. Not quite so useful, true... but she hoped that he would like them. She lifted a small wooden figure, a rancor. My, the carpenter had given her quite a look when she'd asked if he could whittle her a small version of such a beast. Theo would remember their first time on Felucia. She had also included a fine crystal from Ilum, one that she'd found in the crystal caves while she was there with the Iron Empire. And last, there was a bottle of brandy, another memento of their time spent together there.

As she wrapped the parcels in cloth, she lamented her lack of a date. Valae had briefly thought of inviting a rather dashing blacksmith, but the bashful nature of her being got the best of her. After all, she was still something of an oddity here on Midvinter. She was almost the shortest of the Heavenshield clan, save for Boo – till he grew taller, that is. But, Valae still liked it here very much, even if it was such a stark contrast to her birth place.

Tying a bow, she held out for the possibility of meeting someone at the wedding. It didn't even have to be a date, but it would be nice to see some familiar faces.

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
The day that [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] had proposed to her at the Crystal Falls had been a wondrous occasion, not without it's share of anxiety and intrigue for a life that Ylva Solveig had never thought to become her own, yet the match that had been made between she and the young Heavenshield had been nothing if not cemented in strength, compassion and pride that was the Valkyri way. Honored then, to be his future-wife as it were, what Ylva had failed to anticipate however was the spectacle that their wedding was now proving to become.

"Is all of this really necessary?..." Ylva groaned under her breath as she stood dressed within her wedding garments, having chosen something of a far cry from the traditional snow toned frocks that most holo-films seemed to make of a bridal image. Before her were two female attendants and behind they both, stood [member="Coci Heavenshield"], Ylva's future Mother-in-Law and too her current and only Mentor in the Force, sanctioned under the authority of the Dawnguard of Midvinter.

Coci had come to understand Ylva quite well since their first meeting on the eve of the battle for the Tháinbroek, learning rather quickly that the Woman with fire in her hair held about as much culture about her manner of speaking and doing, as her Great Dire Wolf had restraint when going to town on a fresh kill. The Heavenshield Family was known far and wide across the Galaxy, both for their feats within the Iron Empire and the Silver Jedi Order but so too, much more recently upon their home-world of Midvinter for which Ylva Solveig had fallen in love with almost as deeply as Théodred himself. This did not distract her, however, from the ridiculousness of this whole show. A show that seemed to be making a spectacle of their love for the sake of the friends and family of her soon-to-be Husband.

"Could I not just meet with Théodred in my Leathers?" She almost seemed to plead with her Master, though already knowing the answer judging by the elder woman's expression alone, Ylva sighed under her breath in resignation. Part of her secretly loved the fuss that was being made of her and her Théo, yet the pride in Ylva refused to acknowledge or show it, this Ceremony was more for the sake of appearances than anything else and she had to assume this was a High-Born, Noble part of Life.

Speaking of her lover, it was easy to imagine that his Father, [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] would be out there somewhere alongside him. She'd be wrong in assuming as much, but assume she did. Thurion had proven to be a most compassionate man, making it very easy to see the admiration and respect that his Son held for him. Ylva hadn't yet met every member of the Heavenshield lineage, at times it seemed difficult to keep up when their dealings took them far and wide from the larger settlements of the land, yet today would bring a great many first's in her life...-And truthfully, she felt a little uneasy about making a mess of it all. She, the savage Girl from Nirauan.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"]

It would not take long for the groom to hear the swooping of great wings coming from above as he wandered towards the capital, along with a scream akin to that of an eagle as Skywalker, lord of all gryphons, descended to land only feet in front of Théo. Riding him was of course Thurion, only reveal when his companion tucked away his wing. Sliding down the front leg of the winged beast in stylish fashion, he walked up to his son and looked him in the eye. "I knew I'd find you out here," he said with a smile before their foreheads touched. "I wanted to have a moment with you, before all the pomp and circumstance." He turned on his heel and climbed back onto Skywalker, holding out his hand. "I don't believe you've had the pleasure yet."

Once Théo had joined him it didn't take long to get airborne, soaring above the forest and snowy fields surrounding Tháinbroek. However, he would not have them go in for their landing just yet. Instead he turned around in his saddle, facing Théo while having Skywalker calmly circle the city. Save for the occasional flapping of wings, there was total silence; too high up for any of the city noise to reach them. Thurion didn't quite know where to begin, having to take a moment to think.

"I love you, my son," he took his hand in both of his. "You know... It's a hell of a thing, being a parent. I believe it's the only way one may see life come full circle; you're born, you grow up, you experience love and loss, then give life anew. Repeating the circle of life. If you're lucky, you get to see it twice in the same lifetime," he said, referring to himself. "I have seen so many things, experienced so much. Terrible things, beautiful things. But nothing so beautiful as the day you first opened your eyes to see the world you were born into. And I tried my best showing it to you." He leaned down to place a kiss on his hand.

"By the time your child enters this world, I know my life will have come full circle. When I reach the end of my journey, I know I'll die a happy man." His tear-filled eyes slowly hardened into steel as he spoke next. "When my time is through on this earth, they will look to you for guidance. You will have to protect them, as if they too are family. When I pass, my strength shall add to yours. I know you will use it well." Having said what he wished to say, he put his arms around Théo for a close embrace between father and son.

Only when they felt like it would it end, and only then would Thurion wipe his tears and turn back around to bid Skywalker prepare for landing inside the city below. "But let's not dwell on such thoughts today. Let's go get you married!" Bit by bit they descended while maintaining their circling of Tháinbroek, until the correct moment presented itself for the mighty gryphon to make his landing, causing the townspeople to make way where they finally set down. They were in the town centre, and upon dismounting father and son would find themselves standing before the tall statue of the Dawnbringer. The one who had started it all, so long ago.

"Father," he bowed his head to pay respects, before putting his arm around Théo's shoulders. "Come, I have something for you." Together they would head up the steps to the Great Hall and make their way to one of the many private chambers found within. Inside there was a bed, and upon the lay a familiar set of clothes. "It belonged to your grandfather when he was young and still a Prince of Midvinter. He passed it on to me when I married your mother. Now I pass it on to you, on the day of your wedding."

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"]

While the bride and groom were getting ready, Yula and [member="Vik Velkarson"] were arriving at the wedding venue. After traversing the galaxy and finding themselves in a number of precarious situations—including meeting Yula’s mother—it was nice to come back to Midvinter and celebrate Théodred’s marriage. From Joza, they’d brought a number of expensive Zeltros-native wines. Yula had described one of the bottles as a “Tier 5 wine”, before explaining to Vik that she assigned the beverages her mother served based on the importance of the guest. Apparently this one was for company bigwigs and family friends, barring grandad [member="Zef Halo"] on account of the time he’d slugged an entire bottle down during dinner in thirty minutes flat. She’d also sent along several containers of Heartbeat Faster, which was apparently some sort of aphrodisiac lotion that Heartbeat produced. It was also something that Yula felt she was better off not knowing.

For her own gift, Yula managed to procure some exotic pyrotechnics in the outer rim of questionable legality. She had to test a few from the rooftops of Zeltros to make sure that they were in proper working order, of course. The less legal, the more fun.

“Do you think we’ve brought enough?” Staring down into the sack of fireworks she was carrying, Yula frowned. The decision over which ones to purchase had been agonizing. “They were such a good deal.” She’d haggled like hell in the backroom of a cantina on some no-name world for these.

The burlap bag she was carrying was a contrast from the black dress she was wearing, though the garment was largely obscured by the heavy cloak around her shoulders. No matter how many times she’d come here, Yula couldn’t quite build up a native’s level of tolerance. “What’s a wedding in Averlorn like?” Watching the decorations go up and the other guests arrive, she wondered how the more reserved Aelvar celebrated unions.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Coci grinned as Ylva turned away to look herself over once more, "You could greet Théo in your leathers, if that is what you wish but ..", she moved toward her now and began to fuss with her collar and sleeves, "You look so beautiful, it would be a shame to let this opportunity go to allow Théo to see you in a dress even if it is only for once in his life". Under all the leathers and bravo, Ylva was a beautiful girl and in that moment Coci could see why she had stolen her son's heart.

"You are worried I can sense it, don't be you will do just fine Ylva". There was nothing left to fuss with so Coci moved to the bed and sat, now all they had to do was watch the clock tick until the time came for the ceremony. She drifted off into her own thoughts, thinking of days when Théo was a boy and getting into all sorts of mischief, how he had grown into a man, no longer her child that depended on her for love and care especially in times of great sorrow or pain. Théo will always be her boy but so much time had passed and now he was about to embark on a life of his own, building a family with this girl before her.

At least she had the pleasure of knowing a grand child was on the way and that made her smile again. Another to dote over and then hand back.

"Come sit with me", she patted the bed next to her, and in the distance they could hear the sound of people beginning to fill the Grand Hall. "Do you have any questions or concerns?", about anything really, not just the wedding and service. "How are you feeling Ylva".

[member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Yula Perl"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"]

Growing up half-aquatic, Makai was used to warm tropical locations. Midvinter was a far cry from the climate he preferred, although so far during his stay it appeared weather didn't bother many locals. Keen eye could pick out those on planet merely passing through, those who looked a little uncomfortable walking through tranquil streets. Weather wasn't about to keep him away from the wedding of Teddy Heavenshield though, Makai just hoped he got a chance to run into the groom later and make a few jokes.

Arriving at the wedding venue, iced blue eyes looked around the space. Final touches were being placed about the space, the earliest guests starting to filter in. No one he recognized however. If circumstances had been different Makai would have dropped by and picked up [member="Myra Elspeth"] . He had been working in the black, working on building a mining empire separate from his father's business. Not to mention the discord in the 'verse, in some parts it could be more dangerous than usual. Another thing more dangerous than war and Sith? Her father. If looks could kill Makai would certainly be deceased by now.

Instead they relied on holocommunicaiton. Straightening the tie on his black and white suit, the boy took a quick holoselfie and sent the message to his friend. Slipping the comm back into his pocket, scale speckled hand rummaged around in his suit jacket for a white envelope. Inside was access for an all expenses paid trip to Cloud Nine for the young couple. Makai had yet to visit the resort but had heard from others it was worth attending. Slipping the envelope into a basket, he straightened his jacket and moved deeper into the venue.

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] never failed in being there for Théo when he needed his father the most and today was no exception. The piercing cry of Skywalker heralded his arrival and a good thing too or Théo would have been late. Although he has some of his mother's aspects in his personality the majority comes from this man, even he could see it as his father stylishly dismounted the mighty gryphon, he never passed up an opportunity to show off, nor did Théo which made him smile wide as his father approached him.

Once in the sky however, things turned much more serious, his father's face turned with a look of deep thought with a wanting to say something deep from his heart. He was talking about life in all its capacity to influence the experiences of someone, life giving life and taking it away in the steps of time, what one tries to achieve in perpetuating the cycle of it through bearing children and how that must feel. In a way it was a sad thought from his father, Théo never did like it when his father spoke about his death, but he knew what he was trying to say to him. As yet though, it was not something Théo could understand not fully anyway, maybe it would all come much clearer to him when his child is born.

But one thing Théo did know was that his father was the very reason he was the man he is today, and Théo clung to his father in his embrace much longer than necessary. "I love you papa", he whispered to him not only for the wisdom of his words but because it was the truth.

The city was busier than when he left for the forest, the streets filling with more people and gathering around the steps of the Grand Hall. It was now that his stomach tightened and nerves set in which hastened his pace up into the Hall and to the back rooms following his father. His gaze lowered, hand raised to the side of his face scratching at his beard in a nervous fashion, before he shook it off when his father drew his attention to the set of clothes on the bed. Light fingers caressed the leather of the tunic, Théo could see the man in them, his grandpapa. "Really?", he asked not that he disbelieved his father's words, but that this gift to wear them as passed to him they were perfect. He had something in the cupboard arranged to wear for the wedding but that was now forgot.

Théo took his father into another embrace with a big smile, "Thank you papa", he pulled back with the delight on his face. "I had better get ready, help me get into them but first I need to wash". His trip to the forest had left him a little sweaty and a quick bath would do the trick. He didn't bother to close the door to the bathroom, peeling off his clothes and throwing them to the floor standing buck naked in his father's view as if it was nothing out of the ordinary. Standing full frontal with an arm raised washing the sweaty from his arm pit, "Your brother likes pickled herring did you know that?, he was ordered it for the wedding feast". No doubt there would be other meats to eat, but Théo had to laugh and joke with his father.

Once Théo was washed and dried, he stood next to his father still naked. "So, I go commando right?".

[member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Yula Perl"] | [member="Audren Sykes"]

"What?", he said brought back to reality, the truth was his mind was still back on [member="Yula Perl"]'s ship and burned into his memory was the sight of her in that black dress. "Oh yes I think there is enough fireworks, although you can never have enough of them I suppose". The first time he had seen them in his life was on Zeltros, they seemed to go off almost every other night for some celebration or another. He took hold of her hand and lead her up the steps of the Grand Hall of Thainbroek and into the warmth of it, it was his first time here and understandably he was more than a little apprehensive about his presence. Although he had met Théo before today, that first meeting was tense to say the least. So how would the other Heavenshields react to him, or anyone else that had been present on the battle that day for there would be no mistaking who Vik looked like, or what his lineage was to those in the know.

"You sure this is a good idea? .. me being here", he leaned in close to her ear and spoke softly, a little fidgety about his suit. "By the way you look amazing, did I tell you already", he grinned before kissing her cheek tenderly. He had told her at least four times from the ship to now. His pointed ears twitched catching a couple of key words in a conversation not necessary close by as Vik's hearing was that good. His eyes found the pair talking looking his way, two big Valkyri warrior types by the wall deep talks about what they had witnessed on the battle field. One was daring the other to approach Vik and speak to who they thought was his father, the conversation ended with a singular look from Vik, his eyes boring into them as if seeing into their souls and it seemed their enthusiasm for the dare had ended. Vik's head lifted with a sense of pride at this minor victory but it was not this that had changed the man. Something more inherent had begun to surface.

"It is hard for me to tell just yet what the difference is between Valkyri and Aelvar weddings but one difference is that we celebrate outdoors", Vik looked at Yula with a grin, "One day I hope you will get the chance to see for yourself". There was a twinkle in his eyes that was unmistakable.

Looking around the Hall, it did look fabulous with all the decorations in place and the people all decked out in the finest, the Valkyri do scrub up well indeed. But Vik did notice others in the room out of place, not native to his homeland which settled his nerves a little. A young man who looked to be alone standing near by he caught his eye and greeted him. "Friend of the bride or groom?", he asked the young long haired good looking [member="Makai Dashiell"].

[member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Audren Sykes"] | [member="Ylva Solveig"]

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
Ylva nearly let loose a snort as she laughed suddenly, [member="Coci Heavenshield"]'s comment regarding the Wedding garments and that this would likely be the only time that her man and soon to be husband would ever see her in a dress, well...-It was rather accurate, and it for Ylva to feel comfortable in the fact that her now Mother-in-law understood the redheads temperament and lifestyle.

"You are worried I can sense it, don't be you will do just fine Ylva".
Not only Family but so too Ylva's mentor in the learning and practice of the Force, Ylva turned to offer her elder a small smile, one of appreciation though her reply would be on a reluctant tongue; "This isn't like anything I've done before...-Or ever thought I'd give the time to humor". Marriage...-Hell, men in general had taught her well to sleep with a knife close in hand and one eye open. She hadn't found a gentle care in the opposite sex until she had left Nirauan and found herself siding with the Iron Empire's legion under Théodred's command. He had saved her life when her transport had been downed in the midst of one of their wars...-And opened up her own to a whole new perspective of the Galaxy, the Force and the valiance that men could truly harbor, with a pure heart and sound conscience.

"I would have laughed at you, were you to suggest I'd be marrying someone only a few years ago, before meeting your Son" Ylva explained, so that Coci didn't misinterpret her comment as though she might be having regrets or doubts. Ylva's Master and the only Mother figure she had ever known gestured for her to be seated beside her, Ylva nodding and moving to join Coci, she of whom knew many details about the young Red Wolf of Midvinter. Some of those details, not so deserving of such a happy affair nor the love and support of such a great house as the Heavenshields were.

"...I'm a little nervous maybe" she admitted, though it weren't easy to show her discomfort and Coci was one of the very select few that Ylva allowed her guard to drop around. "Théodred's a good man, you raised him well. Sometimes I wonder if he's not so lost in me that the truth is lost on him, though..." it was difficult enough to voice her feelings, let alone try and express to someone with the integrity that Coci held, that Ylva herself wasn't someone of the same good stature. "I've lived most my life in the wilds..." She turned back to meet the gaze of her elder, the look holding a little more significance behind it than the words sounded meaning.

Ylva's way of trying to point out that [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] deserved better than her.

[member="Vik Velkarson"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Yula Perl"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]​

Valae had finished her wrapping, finishing off Theo's box with a piece of ribbon, which she also used to tie the small rancor figurine to the package. With a grin on her face, she gathered up her things and went out the door. Her boots crunched the snow as she made her way out of her cabin and through the town. It seemed that everyone was in a good mood, and she heard whispers about the wedding due to take place today. Her brown eyes settled on the healing center for a moment, she wondered if she should just pop in for a minute or two to see how things were going.

But, gripping her bundle of gifts, she shook her head.

They would call her if there was an emergency. Besides, the beds there had been empty as of late the night before. Moving on! The healer woman hummed to herself as she walked, and she neared the hall, which would soon be quite a hub of activity. She even spotted other guests entering, it was time for her to do the same.

Her eyes went wide as she went in, the space was lovely and rustic. It was perfect. Valae felt that familiar tingle at the corner of her eyes, and she blinked a couple of times. After depositing her gifts for the happy couple on the large table, she meandered there for a moment or two. A quick glance over her shoulder told her that Theo and Thurion were liking making preparations, and Coci must surely be with the bride.

Well, time to mingle. She drew a breath, smiled, and started to move into the hall.

[member="Ylva Solveig"], [member="Vik Velkarson"], [member="Théodred Heavenshield"], [member="Makai Dashiell"], [member="Coci Heavenshield"], [member="Yula Perl"], [member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

[member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Vik Velkarson"] | [member="Yula Perl"]

Hands stuffed in his pockets so he didn't mess anything up, Makai's head was craned towards the ceiling of the venue. It was one of those types of buildings that used post and beam to support it, pegs and technology thrown back to another era. For someone who had helped his father build and work on their island home on Dac, it was fascinating. The ceiling was a bit like island thatch underneath, with the supports open and a feature rather than hidden from view.

Gaze was drawn from above and back to reality. A man had approached, long hair with a snazzy green button down as opposed to the standard white. As someone who tended to dress eccentrically, he could appreciate the fashion choice. Hand immediately extended in greeting, a habit from being in the business world.

"Friend of the groom, only met the bride once. That was...interesting...to say the least. How about you? Oh, Makai Dashiell by the way."

Sitting outside on the steps watching people slowly flock towards the Great Hall, Thirdas couldn't help but feel nervous. Not because it was his brother's wedding, but because he was filled with anticipating [member="Nida Perl"]'s arrival. She'd said she'd attend, and since their fortuitous meeting at the Fortress of Dawn the week before he'd found his thoughts were often of her. He missed her, plain and simple. Whenever he'd spot someone bearing her likeness from afar his heart soared, only for the sensation to die down the moment he learned he was mistaken. While waiting he'd gathered a small pile of pebbles to bounce down the steps one at a time, to see how far down he could make them go before stopping.

A few people who recognised him would stop briefly to greet the lordling, but he did not pay them any attention other than the occasional grunt that he had registered their kind words somewhere in the back of his head. His focus was squarely on the bottom of the stairs.

Only the heavy, lumbering footsteps of a massive white Beorni made him turn his head to see his own sister arrive followed by her loyal companion. "Hello, Thirdas," she offered him a wide grin, fully feeling the excitement in the air. "What're you up to?" She neatly sat down beside him and gave her little brother a big hug. Thirdas returned it best he could, admittedly happy to see her as she was so very rarely at Fridheim nowadays.

"Nothing, just... waiting for the wedding to start." It was only a half-truth, but half a truth is better than none. "Hey, Arnie," he offered the large bear-man a casual wave of his hand. Arnor did not return it, but remained in place like a statue with that expressionless face of his. "Does he ever speak," he asked Nina, who looked up at her most precious friend. "He does to me," she smiled fondly.

"Well, I should probably head inside and greet the others. Haven't seen or spoken to any of them in over a month." She leaned close and placed a sisterly kiss upon his head, and for once Thirdas did not mind. Nina was just one of those people who he did not believe anyone could think ill of; she always seemed so happy and content with everything and everyone, and it was contagious. "See ya inside," he called to her over his shoulder before resuming his vigil atop the steps. Nina had successfully eased his mind, if momentarily.

"Tell me Ylva, when you see the Valkyri of Midvinter do they not live most of their lives in the wild?", after all it was the nature of this planet, the culture and the way in which they think to be wild at heart. "And I do believe that your sense of 'wild', is why Théo loves you". Inherently her son is wild and grew up that way even when on Voss or Tabaqui although he did not suffer the hardships this girl had in growing up, which Coci was grateful for. "And that is all that really matters, but you seem to think that you are not .. worthy?", for want of a better word, "This is not the way Heavenshield's think. You are his choice the one he loves and he is yours, and that is all that is important".

Coci reached to Ylva's hand resting on her lap and squeezed it gently, "A king or queen can sit on a throne and have no sense of what nobility is, a small child in the street who cares for others over themselves can have more nobility in them than the one that rules them. It is not about lineage, it is about what is in your heart, the ability to be able to see and to act upon those feelings in times when others need someone to stand up for them when they can't themselves and do so with grace and honour and knowing what is right".

She stood up and lead Ylva to the window which looked out into the streets and toward the eastern wall of Thainbroek. Ylva would see all the people gathering in the streets, the markets going about business and enjoying the day's celebration, the banners fluttering in the breeze high and proud of all the houses and clans of Midvinter hanging from the stone wall. "The past is the past and there it will remain, and no action of the forefathers will sit upon the brow of their children", with that she pointed to the wall and the unfurling of the banner of the Wolf Clan dropped amid falling snow.

untitled-2214.gif

"And so the wolves return to the pack", she smiled as her gaze turned away from the banner to the young lady beside her, whether Ylva liked it or accepted it or not, she was actually highborn, the daughter of a chieftain. A gentle pat on Ylva's shoulder and Coci moved away from the window allowing her a moment to take it in, besides it was time she braided her own hair in the tradition of the Valkyri to signify a married women, which Coci only ever does for weddings and besides she is mother of the groom and wants to look good.

[member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Yula Perl"]

Ylva Heavenshield

Y
"I know that in my heart I love your Son more than I do myself" Ylva answered [member="Coci Heavenshield"], unable to comment on whether or not she would, without hesitation, step out for the benefit of others at her own expense. The prospect of doing so was a nice thought, one that you would read about in holo-novels, yet she had not had the delight of reading such stories growing up and was instead taught to survive at all costs and to think only of herself. Until meeting [member="Théodred Heavenshield"], she'd been rather good at living that way, yet he had broken through her defensive nature and somehow breathed a flame to her heart that burned solely for him. Eventually she had been exposed to some of his Family, his Son [member="Boo Heavenshield"] and his parents, Coci and [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] who had been most gracious in their approval of the Red Wolf. Still, there were some memories that would not be forgotten and listening to Coci, she tried to feel encouraged by her words and the push to look ahead, rather than over her shoulder as she seemed to be.

Being urged to the window, Ylva watched as the great banner was unveiled; The symbol of the Wolf for all to see. Her name literally meant She-Wolf of the House of Strength, and a Wolf was as people often spoke of her in the past. The Red Wolf of Midvinter nowadays, the woman with fire in her hair, a natural trait for many a Valkyri Woman...-Yet where most had a Clan, she was affiliated with two and neither of whom felt like her true calling. "Clan Havardr remains, but I know and feel apart of them as much as I did Clan Solveig...-Though they do not seem set on harming me which is a welcome change" Ylva turned to glance back to Coci with a bit of a smirk, that dry sense of humor coming out to play. Another welcome change.

Gesturing back to the window where the Banner hung out in plain sight for all to admire, she continued with a needed question; "To which Pack do I belong? You are soon to become my Family, already you reside as my Mentor in training. The Heavenshields are all I have nowadays, so...-Is that Banner out there yours?". Ylva couldn't help but feel a little like a fool for having to ask and not simply assume the gesture for what it was supposed to suggest in meaning. Turning back to gaze outside and watch those out within the street going about their business in swift preparation for the ceremony, she fell back on silence and allowed her Mother-in-Law to finish preparing herself, trying not to find herself feeling so awkward in all that was happening around her.

It came as a surprise even to Ylva, just how nervous she was.

[member="Vik Velkarson"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Yula Perl"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Thirdas Heavenshield"]

"Yeah, I don't know where he got that from. Stuff's revolting," he shook his head in jest. But then he supposed the majority of it was likely fished off the coast of the Westmark and shipped to the capital for this very occasion, so maybe one ought not to complain too much. As Théo stood bare before him, Thurion merely offered a chuckle. "I don't your mother would approve. Or anyone else for that matter." With that he sent one last look pride in his boy before stepping outside, leaving Théo to get ready.

Heading back to the throne room where final preparations were being made with his brother right in the middle of it. Clinging to both his legs were his twin toddlers, all bubbly with laughter and excitement even though they did not really know what was going on, which certainly not making their old man's job any easier. Thurion stood off to the side and watched for a while, imagining what could have been had their own father not been exiled. Thyrian resembled him more and more with each year on the throne. "Need any help with those things around your ankles? Should probably get that looked at."

The King turned to face him one lumbering step at a time, considering the added weight around his legs. "At least they should make for great leg warmers in case the hearths go out," he chuckled and the two brothers embraced in celebration. By now the Queen had appeared through one of the side entrances and the two toddlers finally released their poor father, wobbling across the floor towards her to collapse in her arms. "Your Grace," Thurion bowed his head with a smirk, knowing such gestures are the farthest from required. Kära instead closed in for a hug. "Shush, you silly man," she replied before turning to her husband for a tender kiss. "Just came to collect the little ones for their nap, I don't think a wedding is quite to their tastes. I shall be back in time for the ceremony." She left with the twins holding her by either hand.

Just as she made her exit through the same door she'd entered, from the ceiling unfurled the Lion Banner to take its place next to the Phoenix on either side of the throne. Big brother Thyrian wrapped his arm around his little brother as the two watched a third banner depicting a white stag on a black field, flanked by the former two. "I wish he'd be here to see it," Thurion thought aloud. "He never left."

As preparations were finally coming to an end and the ceremony was all but ready to begin, Thurion left through another side door and headed for the bride's chambers. He gave the closed door a couple of courtesy-knocks to let them know if was time. "You ladies ready?" Inside were Coci and of course his soon-to-be daughter-in-law, both looking as radiant as could be. He was especially surprised by Ylva's transformation, her natural and obvious beauty on full display for all to see, and had even caught the last couple sentences between the two. "Why, it's yours, of course," he sidled up to his wife for a brief kiss. "I understand the confusion, though. When Théo was settled in the Northmark as its Protector he took the stag as his sigil, just as I assumed the lion many years prior. You'll see a bunch of banners belonging to members of the same family tree scattered across Midvinter; it's personal preference, really."

He took a step towards the bride. "After today, you will always be a Heavenshield. Lion, stag, wolf... Doesn't make a difference." He then lowered his head and held out a hand. "Will you permit me to walk you down the aisle, my lady?"

[member="Coci Heavenshield"] | [member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Yula Perl"]

Yula couldn’t help but grin as Vik kissed her cheek. She’d borrowed the dress from her mother some time ago, who insisted that she keep it. Joza had plenty of dresses already, perhaps she wanted to help build up her daughter’s closet of more formal clothing. “No, this is the first I’m hearing of it.” Yula couldn’t help but tease him back, idly reaching out to adjust the collar of his shirt. “Anyone who has an issue with you will have to deal with me. And that was a promise.

Vik started to mingle and she couldn’t help but smile in reflection of how outgoing he’d become. Placing a kiss on his cheek, she pulled away quickly. “I’ll go and get us some drinks.”

Not only did she want to get her hands on some mead, Yula also had to tuck the pyrotechnics away for safekeeping. She’d have to find someone later and figure out where the best place to launch them from would be. After dropping off the bag at the gift table, along with the wine and weird lotion, she filled a tankard with mead and decided to spend a few moments people-watching. [member="Vik Velkarson"] would be fine on his own, chatting it up with a young man.

“That’s a beautiful dress!” She commented boldly towards one [member="Valae Heavenshield"] as the woman passed into her vicinity, a friendly smile blooming across her face. “Excited for the party?”

Nida wanted to run faster, but then she’d ruin her hair—the only saving grace about her appearance. Unfortunately, the young padawan didn’t have any dresses or formal clothing on hand. The best she could do was a clean, pressed Jedi robe. Her violet hair was set nicely in natural waves, something she didn’t want to tangle in her haste to make it to the wedding hall. She’d never been to a formal event without makeup and a nice dress, but didn’t some Jedi attend important civilian affairs in their robes? Her outfit was far from anything spectacular or festive, but at least there was no manure on it this time.

Huffing and puffing, she made it to the steps of the venue, one hand clutching the breast of her robes closed so as to avoid the chill in the air. Not like she would have felt it with the internal heat she’d worked up from running.

A pang of excitement tickled her stomach the moment she saw him, something she elected to ignore for now but would ruminate on later. Thirdas!” She called out, ascending the steps wearing a big smile despite her lack of breath. “I hope I’m not…too late.” Nida had spent them morning fussing about whether she should try and purchase a dress from the local seamstress but highly doubted there’d be anything pre-made that would fit her slight form. Smoothing out her hair in a nervous tic, she gave herself a few moments to catch her breath. “Did the ceremony start yet? M-my hair isn't all messed up, is it?”

[member="Thirdas Heavenshield"]

Her head tilted to the side as Coci was about to answer Ylva, however a gentle tap at the door giving them notice that someone was about to enter, Thurion walked in and spoke up. "She is very nervous", Coci whispered to her husband as he leaned close to kiss her briefly. Yet, through all of this Coci could not help but remember her wedding day, and the barrel of nerves in the pit of her stomach and some of the thoughts going through Ylva's mind, she had had the very same. Mostly that she would not fit into his culture, Ylva does not have that to worry about. Nor did she in retrospect.

Coci walked toward Ylva and settled her hands on her shoulders looking the young lady in the eyes, not as mentor or teacher but as a mother. "You have nothing to worry about but if you are still nervous when you go out there, just keep your eyes on Théo and Thurion will guide your way". With that she kissed her cheek and turned to leave them both.

But before she did, Coci caught the eye of her [member="Thurion Heavenshield"], there was a sparkle in her eyes unmistakable to him and if he truly noticed her look, he would see the years fall away from her face and standing before him, the young girl he once knew. As Coci moved down the corridor toward the main hall she could hear it was full and ready for them all to gather. She entered it through a side door, and although she knew this day would be celebrated by many she was take aback by the numbers in the Hall. Slowly making her way toward the front where she would find her family and Thyrian and hopefully she would see her son soon.

Where is he?

[member="Ylva Solveig"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"] | [member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Yula Perl"] | [member="Makai Dashiell"]

For a split second Vik just blinked at the young man's extended hand toward him, but quickly remembered the custom or at least seeing it on other worlds. Hand shakes are not part of the Aelvar culture but rather than offend Vik soon took the young man's hand with a firm grip in greeting. "Vik Velkarson. Nice to meet you [member="Makai Dashiell"]". A quick look over his shoulder told him Yula had company of her own in the form of a women he did not know but she was neither Valkyri or Aelvar so it was safe to assume she was off worlder. Like the young man standing before him, and Vik had noticed what appeared to be scales on his skin .. in patches which was intriguing to say the least.

"Ah, I have never met the bride and only the groom once. I am come with my girlfriend [member="Yula Perl"], her family knows the Heavenshields". Although there were not really gate crashes to this wedding as it was an open celebration, he felt the need to explain his presence.

Curiosity started to get the better of Vik, "You are not from Midvinter are you? .. if I may be so bold as to ask your origin?", after all Vik had only truly seen a handful of planets other than Midvinter, and one thing he did learn on his journeys was that there was so so much more out there.

[member="Valae Heavenshield"] | [member="Boo Heavenshield"] | [member="Thurion Heavenshield"] | [member="Ylva Solveig"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom