Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Underground - Rebellion With 100% More Smugglers

Who We Fight
The ancient Rebel Alliance was just that -- an alliance of like-minded groups, often with decentralized leadership. Today, instead of a single Galactic Empire, oppression and exploitation have many faces: the One Sith, the Lords of the Fringe, the Abrion Corporate Alliance, the Black Suns, the Imperial Remnant and the Shadow Empire.
How We Operate
(pick whichever you like)
Job Board: You have lives, you have other priorities, you have other allegiances, you have cover identities -- but you can still contribute. From time to time, the Underground will update the job board with Things That Need Doing. Run blockades, deliver guns and supplies, make contacts, gather critical intelligence, pull off the occasional raid. Get paid in credits, technology, secrets and access, all from the comfort of your own faction. We won't die without your commitment; pitch in what you can, when you can. Note: Special jobs will be available after joining the faction or completing public jobs.

Dominion Opposition Help: The Underground's key figures have provided opposition for many Dominions over the last two years, as solo freedom fighters or as the old Rebel Alliance faction, and we have most of the 'bad guy' faction administrators on speed dial. Keep in touch, and we'll hook you up with OOC agreements with the 'bad guy' factions' administrators, allowing us to jump in on some of their Dominions. They get boosted post count and a guaranteed win; we get frequent opportunities to fight people who won't complain about it -- and the chance to make the other side's win a Pyrrhic one.

Weekend Treasure Hunts: As of its eleventh installment, the Weekend Treasure Hunt series will be taking a decidedly Rebel-ish turn from now on. Weekend Treasure Hunt 11: Archives of the Ancient is a chance to learn forgotten secrets -- and keep them out of the hands of the Lords of the Fringe.

Skirmish Raids: From time to time, we'll launch hit-and-run Skirmishes against hostile targets. Even though these will probably be surprise attacks, we'll be doing our best to be as pleasant and accommodating OOC as we're hostile IC. We understand and accept that Skirmishes are open threads and that there's every chance we'll get dogpiled and killed. To prevent that, instead of metagaming, delaying and griping, we'll just choose our targets carefully and accept the consequences of our actions.

IC Principles: We do not have a centralized hierarchy; we're not a vanity project. We pick our targets carefully and don't tolerate war crimes or civilian casualties. We don't have a central ideology or political or spiritual alignment, though we don't accept Sith or those guilty of atrocities.

Low-Key Involvement: We're not going anywhere; this is stuff we've been doing for a while, it's just that now we'll have a forum for it. We won't crash and burn if we don't get Red Raven-sized recruitment numbers. Participate at your own pace and level of interest. No pressure, no deadlines. If you feel more militant, join the current Rebel Alliance; if you feel more criminal, join the Red Ravens, Black Suns, The Exchange or any of the other underworld factions. We're not aiming for Major status.

Plan+a+come+at+me+policeman+human+shield+some+goon+used_020128_5363416.jpg
#ComeAtMeBro​

While a smuggler alliance certainly makes sense, if you are going for a Rebellion is there not already a Rebel Alliance that has had some success operating currently? Rather than diluting the waters, would it not benefit everyone to simply work with them?

[member="Akio Kahoshi"]

Among other reasons, the last Rebel Alliance had a different way of working and a different ideology than the current one. Not unlike the age-old question 'why make an Empire when there are already so many of them,' to my mind. You had your reasons for making that faction; we have our reasons for making this one.

HK-36

The Iron Lord Protector (Neutral Good)
[member="Jorus Merrill"],

If you will need any armaments, equipment, or ships on the side, contact me ICly, we capture a ship from time to time during boarding actions, who's to say that vessel wouldn't disappear after its repairs and end up in the hands of Rebels?

I have some questions for you, as I have become interested for a reason or two, and I also have a worry or two.

Interest number One: Are you looking for smuggler heavens?

Interest number Two: If you are, would you attempt to defend such a heaven from a possible dominion (if it requested it)? What if the one attempting to dominion the heaven does not line up with the targets you are gunning for (i.e. mostly a benevolent faction)?

Worry number One: How accepting are you of members who are not Sith, but have had dealings with the Sith? People with more of dark tendency, but has committed no atrocity directly or indirectly (i.e., had ties with a particularly bad sith, but since his death has had no contact with him or any relation, and has no intention of gaining a new relationship with one)?

Essentially: Is this a "ONLY TOTALLY GOOD-GUYS CLUB"?

I hope my interests and worries were clear enough.

[member="Fatty"]

1 ) Yeah

2a ) Yeah

2b ) It'd depend on how they approached it

3 ) We've got plenty

If this is specifically to do with the Levantines and Filth, though, two things to note:

4 ) Jorus is Levantine

5 ) The Levantine Sanctum doesn't take over worlds

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Sweet

Although looking at the map again... I'm not in a really good place since the Sanctum utterly surrounds me... and I'm not close to much else. Perhaps I should rethink my interest in this faction.

But good to know that I might be welcomed if the opportunity presents itself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom