Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The True Mandalorians(Omega Protectorate Sub-Faction)

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Leader of the True Mando'Ade
What are the True Mandalorians?

In canon they were a group of Mandalorians that followed the Resol'Nare and the Super Commando Codex. In the Context of Chaos? It's a Semi-Government built around the Akaan'Ade ures Kyr(Army without End/Borders) Mercinary Company, founded by Ori'Alor and built on the same Principles. I'm currently in negotiation with Ayden to get us a Base(I'll be doing my next post there after this), to at least get us something resembling a Capital, as of right now, our 'Capital' is a Type-2 Keldabe-Class Battleship.

we're all inclusive:

All Species, Droids AND Clones, and Forcers of almost every sect.

The only reason I say Almost, is that I'm going to have to say No to Sith, sorry, if i had my choice, you'd be wearing a T-Visor and wooping ass with the rest of us...but I don't want to cause problems in the group...
If there is enough consensus, and any Sith characters promises to not cause trouble, I wll look at lifting this restriction on a case-by-case basis.
That said, Darksiders as a whole are OK, just go with the Neutral Forcer Tags or 'Dark Jedi'... and be nice and welcoming to any lightsiders/neutrals that join us.

The 'True Mandalorians' are going to be mixed government, with the typical Mand'Alor possition sharing power with a Democratic Body made up of the people, which may evolve into or have a budding off 'Council of CLans' once we get bigger.

how the 'House of the People' will work is that concerned Mando'Ade will come into the place the House is being held(It'll have an IC Sub-Forum in the Faction Discussion) and air greavences or ideas to other Mandalorians or the Leader. Unless it is a time of Crisis or war, all voices in the House of the People will be heard. As we get more people, this will most likely be more formalized, possibly even into the 'Council of Clans' mentioned above.

This sub-Faction will be a Largely OOC-Free Faction, while I do know that we can't avoid it totally, try to limit it to lower the stress of your felllow players and myself.

Finally, while we wil have a Base that serves as a Mini-Capital, and you are encouraged to hang around sometimes and catch some missions, True Mandalorians are a Nomadic people, and you should feel free to stay that way if you wish.

Due to the nature of the faction, I have restricted membership to Admin Approval, but all you have to do is press join, and read the Resol'Nare and Super Commando Codex Threads, then PM me with a promise to follow them...

So I shouldn't read this as a slap in the face to the established thriving faction of the Mandalorians? I'm not reading anything different here than what the established faction already has. So enlighten me, what's the need for a "True" faction when one already exists.

[member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"]

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

[member="Azrael"]
In the old EU Cannon, there were two seperate groups of Mandalorians: 'Death Watch'-We've already seen them, they're mostly part of the Fringe now I think... and the 'True Mandalorians'...they popped up before the events of the Prequel Trilogy...the split was a result of the leader of the True Mandalorians founding the Super Commando Codex, it's on our main faction forum.

The Faction in the context of Chaos had it's first form in the Akaan'Ade ures Kyr, a Mandalorian Mercinary Company(NPC mostly) that was founded with the Same Ideals(to follow the Resol'Nare and the Super Commando Codex), but with the merger of the Liberty Concord and the Omega Protectorate, Ori started to form the True Mandalorians around the Akaan'Ade, confident that the Protectorate could help them.

The fact is that the Major Mandalorian Faction represents a 'Backslide' into a Neo-Crusaider-Esque Empire. the True Mandalorians are meant to be a more 'modern' group, not focused on Conquest and territory. There is also the fact that we're all inclusive, CLONES included.

I'll point out a few things that may give light as to how the current faction of the Mandalorians run, and why it is that way. I think you may be misconstruing our way of behavior based on some other context. If we look at the broad sense of this forum, and all the various factions of the board, it's quite easy to see a pattern. All factions have territory, and by dominions and invasions we gain more territory. While I understand that Mandalorians are a nomadic people reaching into every pocket and crevice of the Galaxy, attempting to have a group like that on this board is quite difficult for a number of reasons.

First, the Mandalorians are a faction. Which means that they will be assigned a planet (Mandalore) and a starting territory. Because there are so many other factions, they will want to compete for territory. So eventually the Mandalorians would have to defend Mandalore and the few planets they were first assigned from oncoming threats. If we were strictly a nomadic people, Mandalore itself would be literally defenseless in -this- incarnation of the SW universe. In literature things are far different, and it doesn't pose a problem. I love the fact that you want the root of the Mandos to stay true - unfortunately the application of that desire is not practical or doable in this context.

Secondly, a true faction of Mandalorians would not be a faction at all. In the context of the board, you would simply put Mandalorian as a tag, and you would go into any other faction. Much like the current faction has people all over. We have Black Sun, Protectorate, Jedi, and even some fringe that are Mandos. They are just as nomadic as the culture was meant to be. They serve Mandalore when he/she calls, but they have their own sector of the galaxy that they are making a name of themselves in. So having an actual 'faction' would be against this ideal of being a "True Mandalorian". Again the current one does this because of how the board is setup. We may appear to be a neo-crusadian regime, but that is only because we as writers are working within the confines of a board playstyle.

Lastly, with the current faction in place and thriving - making a "True Mandalorian" sect is only going to cause conflict. I can say that for my character, any Mando that believes that the current regime is going the way of dar'Manda would be met with hostility, violence, and (with our current forces) ultimate destruction if they didn't concede and convert. In essense I can see my character's response being something like: "You have two choices vod, and only one of them leaves you alive."

Please though, don't get me wrong. I applaud the idea of a True Mandalorian mindset, but it is just not reasonable with the way the board is setup. And especially not reasonable with the current faction. While it's not your intent. A group like that has all the hallmarks of Death Watch, and I'm sure you know how the Mando'ade feel about that. I've brought up the idea of the real Mandalorian mindset several times, but the board is setup how it is, and while it's a good idea, I don't see it being plausible.

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

1. the 'Planet' ruling only applies to Major Factions, as do invasions and dominions...and while I will conceed that a Mandalorian Faction would obviosly need to have Mandalore, and securing other territory is beneficial, there are ways to go about it creatively. Hell, when I was Mand'alor, I wanted to do fluff that explained the Territory taking as something other than imperial. H3ll, my 'True Mandos' are going to stay a Minor Faction as long as able, and if we do go Major(if the players vote too and can assure me that we won't get steamrolled)? we'll probobly do something similar to the Protectorate, and have the actual Gov't and Ownership be in the hands of the planets themselves and the True Mandalorians be protectors.
2. Your missing the point of the name, The 'True Mandalorians' refer to a group of Mandalorians that follow the Resol'Nare and the Super Commando Codex. THe Mandalorians you speak of are the race of Mandalorians, it's true that mostly anyone can probobly get a Mando tag. Factions are groups of characters that are tied together somehow.
3. I have no interest in the Planet of Mandalore, nor the position of Mand'alor, so any fighting from us will be defensive.
Any more questions? or any that i missed in the above?

[member="Darth Ferus"], this may be the first time ever that I agree with you.

This thread is not for arguments. It is for potential recruitment for the faction. If you're not interested in the faction, then please stop posting in it.

Just a clarification post.
So is the use of the word Mandalorian in the title just to reflect the basis of containing the Mandalorian Standards and a Mand'alor title?

Just a few questions:
  • The scope of the faction is founded upon the Resol'nare; so does that mean if [member="Gilamar Skirata"] calls the totality of your faction to assist in whatever endeavor he chooses, that you will come running?
  • (If the answer to the above question is no, then I also ask this question. The Mandalorians and Omega Protectorate have been very close friends and allies for many months; so much so that they assist each other constantly and have numerous dual-citizens. If the True Mandalorians supposedly abide by the Resol'nare, yet do not heed the call of the reigning Mand'alor, is the Omega Protectorate willing to strain relations with one of it's closest allies in order to house the "True Mandalorians"?
  • As you are also standing upon the principles of the Supercommando Codex, which calls for Mandalorians to be honorable mercenaries so to speak, what will the "True Mandalorians" relationship be with Omega Pyre?
  • Aside from your decision to stay minor for as long as possible and basic internal structure, what distinguishes the "True Mandalorians" from the current Mandalorian faction?

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

[member="Xander Lok"]
Well the Mandalorian in the name is mostly meant to say it's a Mandalorians Organization.

[member="Isley Verd"]

1. If you had asked me earlier, like before Azrael had posted, I probobly would have said yes, because that is clearly part of the Resol'nare and I knew had no designs on Mandalore itself of any of the stuff there-in so giving my 'boys' some freedom sounded like a good way for some cool RP...But now? with some PMs from/to Gilamar, and what Azrael said to me here and on Skype, I'm not sure if I'm confident that going with that option would be the best choice as of now...so my answer right now is no.

2. I brought up the possibility of trouble with the Mandalorians with OP Managment before i founded the True Mando'ade, they pretty much agreed that they were Ok with it, and could handle any problems with the Mandalorians.

3. We'd be Allies, and more than likely work together a good amount.

4. The Mandalorian Major Faction has to focus on being competetive with the other Major Factions, doing dominions and invasions to expand, there is nothing inheritly wrong with them working within the rule structure of a Major Faction, but the way they do it makes them seem like they're focused on Conquest and expansion of thier Empire. The True Mandalorians don't have to worry about that, we're a minor faction, and part of the Omega Protectorate, I also plan on lowering OOC as much as possible, to limit stress, and to avoid unpleasant situations and ruined friendships...

I kinda see where you are going with this. I know little next to nothing about Mandos, but from skimming and lucky guessing, I'm assuming you're "True" because you aren't major and, instead of being an army of Mandos, you're instead how they are "supposed" to be, a band of badass ultimate mercs kicking ass and taking names. Am I in the ballpark or nah? [member="Ori'Alor Tal'Verda"]

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

[member="Djonas Vile"]
Not really, we take the name of the Canon(or Non-Canon now that the EU is up in smoke) True Mandalorians, who were formed in a Mandalorian Civil War in opposition to the Death Watch, and they followed something called the Super Commando Codex.

we take that name because we follow the Resol'nare and the Super Commando Codex, both of which should be viewable on our Faction Discussion page...

I have a couple points I want to add.
1 clones are welcome by the Mandalorians at least clans Garron and Ordo.

2. If you follow the Resol'nare and hold to the Culture then you are Vode and I wish you the best. If we are hired on opposite sides we fight and after drinks and mourning losses same as any other.

3. This board is aboutfun and we should focus on that.

4. I like Omega Protectorate personally and if a person joins the 'True' Mandalorians I see no reason to debate that. Major factions can get tedious and a minor like this may just be what some prefer.

Good concept, nice initiative, I would hire on with you for doms or invasions not involving Mando space.

Ori'Alor Tal'Verda

Ordo said:

I have a couple points I want to add.
1 clones are welcome by the Mandalorians at least clans Garron and Ordo.

2. If you follow the Resol'nare and hold to the Culture then you are Vode and I wish you the best. If we are hired on opposite sides we fight and after drinks and mourning losses same as any other.

3. This board is aboutfun and we should focus on that.

4. I like Omega Protectorate personally and if a person joins the 'True' Mandalorians I see no reason to debate that. Major factions can get tedious and a minor like this may just be what some prefer.

Good concept, nice initiative, I would hire on with you for doms or invasions not involving Mando space.
1. While that is comendable, there are still a few of yours that don't accept them.
2. Thank you, you know if you agree to follow the Resol'Nare and the Super Commando Codex, I see no reason for you to not join us....a double citizenship?
3. I agree.
4. cool, as I said, I'd love to have you on bourd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom