Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Totally Not Awkward Date

It was a good thing that Saul and Sera found a table that was far away from the rest of the patrons. Saul had a good overview of the restaurant especially towards people going in and out of the building. One must always be prepared in case of an attack, not that there was going to be one, but you never know. Sera seemed to be apologetic towards Saul not getting a seat on time, he didn't understand why though since it was his fault for not reserving a seat as early possible.

Still, Sera's reassurance that she was happy no matter what eases Saul's burden. A Protocol Droid encased in golden armor walked towards the two of them. <Welcome!> He said placing down the menus. <I am B-230 and I will be your servant for tonight may interest you in refreshments?"

"Just water," Saul said flashing a rather awkward grin towards the Droid before turning to Sera. "So," Saul said trying and failing to create small talk. "What do you want to drink?"

Sera Inkari Sera Inkari

Saul chipped at breaking their table ice. "Sparkling water please," Sera smiled, her body was always needing water. Probably her first of five indulgences drinking tonight.

Shifting her body language gently toward comfort, leaning forward slightly. Saul was making an effort, that's all that really mattered. Gloved hands unfolded from her lap for their menu. Enjoying her time, not rushing, and beginning to relax. Sharing a fleeting glance or two toward Saul, then back to her reading. Hopefully, she wasn't taking too much time to find her way tonight.

"What do you recommend? Anything light and refreshing?" She asked their server or Saul, glancing between them. Sera really didn't date or eat at restaurants with more than a single dining utensil. "Anything that has plentiful water, or liquid," would be her preference, to help her server.

Very far away from a religious retreat, daily ritual, or soul-searching meditation. For tonight that seemed okay.

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

Saul took a small breath seeing Sera relax part of him wondered if she was trying to make Saul feel better or if she was legitimately at ease. Either way, he didn't like not knowing people's actions especially in a place like this. "There is some Ice Cream," Saul mentioned to Sera which made the servant Droid cock his head. <I'm sorry sir? You would like a dessert this early?> He asked.

"Nah," Saul muttered he was trying to be respectful to Sera's condition. she needed plenty of water and cool food to maintain her homeostasis. "I'm probably insulting her in the process," Saul thought. "Frack....."

"The Steak is ummmm," Saul looked at the menu. "Is pretty good Sera, it's um flaming hot. Like you are."

What did he just say?

Sera Inkari Sera Inkari

Covering her mouth she laughed lightly at their back and forth. Saul was being thoughtful. "Blueberry or Coconut ice cream would be lovely for dessert." she looked down. His next comment visibly brightened her cheeks, and she became very quiet. Glancing up, then down again.

"Like a steak?" She teased softly. Raising her eyebrows and then smiling. Checking her hair was covering her scar with a brush of her hand. Her guard was dropping, "When I was younger, our head priestess said I had a crooked nose, so I didn't have to worry about my life outside our order." She looked left and right showing him. Betraying small insight into her past.

Her nose wasn't crooked. This was more about her scars. She didn't feel pretty, or know what it was to feel that way, but he was helping.

"I would love to try your steak, with any more watery sauces you have," she said to their waiter.

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

"Y-yeah," Saul gulped when Sera gave him a teasing grin. He wasn't the type let fear dictate his actions but with Sera, Saul was trying to impress her and make her feel at ease. Turned out it was quite the challenge considering her upbringing and conditions. Sera didn't seem to mind though but Saul had to be cautious.

"Well either your head priestess is blind or was trying to lower your self esteem," Saul said smiling behind the candles. "Because there's nothing wrong with your nose." In fact it was one of the cutest features Sera had besides her heart shaped face. The Droid nodded before turning to Saul. "Just gimmie a Steak," he said. "And a Soda as well."

The Droid left leaving Saul alone with Sera. "So you were born in this..... religion of yours." He asked. "What do they believe?"

Sera Inkari Sera Inkari

Tilting her head, her smile had sparkle, a single lock of red hair falling to her face.

Faith. Leaning straighter, "Yes. I was offered age five to our Burning Globe on Kintan. Nikto looked for us to provide for them in their deserts. We preserved their water and distributed life essence fairly. Taught older traditions, force texts, and humility of service." She looked content, they were strict and dogmatic years but her work had mattered. She'd never known what she'd missed growing up.

"Vahla are very… serious about our religion, many follow their Ember of Vahl, searching for our homeworld." They were "destructive and dangerous," feeling her chest tighten. At one time she joined them, avoiding mentioning any skeleton dusting up her closet. "Not everyone saw our differences."

Dipping her body toward him, she hope she hadn't bored him. Tracing her finger along her cutlery, and looking down. Feeling that awkward uncertainty of opening up and being vulnerable.

"Where were you born? Do you have any beliefs that get you through harder days?" She knew Saul had seen things, and wondered if he had a code he lived by, or a few words to give him comfort on colder nights. Belief or faith of his own. Glancing up she crossed her hands and rested her chin on the back of them.

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

Saul received some intel on the followers of the Vahl religion, many of them have abilities that are unusual even for Force Sensitives. There were incidents caused by their religious fanaticism such as the attack on the planet Frego where the Vahla blew up a research facility because they felt that the scientist's research in harvesting solar energy would affect them. The SIA wanted to keep tabs on the Ember of Vahl however due to the Vahla being few and with the war going on, it was clear that the Ember of Vahl is in the backburner.

The agent bristled when Sera asked about his personal life. He didn't like talking about his past, hell he didn't like talking at all but here he was in a date with a mysterious red woman. "I'm from Hosnian Prime," Saul replied flatly as the Droid came carrying their beverages. "Never had a reason to believe in anything other than myself."

It was the first time someone asked Saul about his beliefs though. In truth, he never thought about what to believe in. His foster Dad would always tell Saul to choose anything that he felt was important and then pass it down to the next generation. "So tell me more about yourself." Saul said breaking the awkward silence but once again he felt he made things uncomfortable between them by his random. "Any family? Friends?"

Sera Inkari Sera Inkari

Last edited:
Not wanting to spoil their mood by preaching, "Belief in yourself," pressing her palms down gently, "carried you through a lot," she said quietly. She would have comforted him with a touch on his arm, but their table made a barrier. Sensing his discomfort she didn't push further. Questions were often reflected when meeting someone.

Their drinks came, and she was happy to sip lightly on offered water, giving her time to answer. "I had many sisters within our order," had. Kintan had been badly damaged in one of many struggles between the silver Jedi and the Sith Empire, later other invaders had also scarred her home. She didn't seem sad, like she'd made peace with Kintan's constant turmoil. "I do not know what happened to them," or her family before her order, "we were all we knew. Raised together from infants."

When she had arrived on Kintan all she had seen were ruins and a few unnamed graves. A memory that made her breath slightly tighter.

"My work doesn't leave much time for friendship"
, was what she wanted to say. "Alema our sentient ship, Syn my mentor and Liber our companion." She corrected herself, hard still to think of trust or friendship. Taking another small sip of her refreshment. Sera guessed Saul shared a similar solitary lifestyle, with few he trusted. "Tell me a happy memory Saul, has to be one." She could sense if she asked him about family, friends, or his past, he might recoil. This way she could learn more about him and help him relax.

Saul Colsan Saul Colsan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom