Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Threat'

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
[member="Moira Skaldi"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"]

If that's the path you all want to go, I have a little idea for Space Orcs sub. So, in Lord of the Rings, it is said that orcs were created actually from physically tortured elves and dark magic. So, this way we can link the Elves with the Orcs, which would open new opportunities for threads. And also, since Moira hates space elves, she can supply the orcs with weapons. And you know who is between Tygara and the space orcs? SSC. So they need to attack SSC first in order to reach to Tygara.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Nima Tann"]

I think the hypothetical space orcs work better as a race entirely separate from the space elves. At least from the ones on Tygara. Currently that planet has four elf races (Xioquo, Vashyada, Qadiri and Eldorai), and the last one was an immigrant race that recently came from Kaeshana.

We already have evil elves in form of the Xioquo, who are presently being subjugated. I don't think inserting another works lore-wise, given the origin story that's been established. Tygara had no contact with the outside world until a couple years ago, while Kaeshana had it for about a century. Sure, a Sith alchemist could've snuck in and abducted elves for experimentation, but that seems like a big stretch to me to base a whole race around it.

As for Archangel, IC Moira doesn't really hate elves any more than she does any other organic race. I play it up in ooc as a contrast to Sio's extreme obsession with them.

As long as the antagonists/threat aren't just randomly thrown in and made to be this big thing when they've previously been non-existent, I think this could work well. It's all about execution, though. If you want something which lasts and lingers as a thread it needs to be slowly worked into the Faction's storyline.

[member="Mysa Snowstrider"]

Yeah. In other words, not like TOR's Eternal Empire. :D

Or all the times the Sith and the Dark Lord of the week returned from the shadows!

OP's Bando Gora plot started when the Chaos cultists got involved in a plot to overthrow the Queen of Naboo, though for the most part the leading antagonists was a duplicitous handmaiden. Conflict escalated in full when a Bando Gora fleet ambushed an OP battleship.

Fun times were had.

Rayliav'enci

If I was green, I would die.
Just coming around to this but if you're looking for a Sith/darksider punching bag, I'm more than happy to oblige. My Sith characters are not involved with a faction at the moment so they're free to find themselves in hot water out in SSC space.

Considering that the SSC holds some archeological sites that interest them in regards to their studies of sorcery, alchemy and whatnot, they'd be the types who would hire a band of expendable mercs to investigate something out in these reaches.

I'm open to whatever and I'm always happy to be a nemesis on a faction thread or a continuing SL over many threads.

Just throwing it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom