Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Threat'

So when it comes to dominions, I'm not sure about you, but generic pirates/Sith/slavers are getting a touch dull.

So I wanted to introduce an enemy for SSC to fight in PVE situations.

As I see it we have three main options:

• I can create a species and sub it to act as our antagonist. That works well for the more outer rim situations, but less well for the inner rim ones.
  • Mine and [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]'s genocidal droid group Archangel can play opposition with the intent of destroying or enslaving organics.
  • We can get some former Primeval forces to oppose us in those areas, discussing with former writers there to make sure we do them justice.

Or we can do a combination of the above depending where our dominions take us.

As long as it's not monsters or beasts....the last few Faction threads we've done we've had monsters and beasts and I find them harder to imagine writing against than human / android forms. Beasts and monsters are as bad as Trade Federation battle droids as opponents to me. :p

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Connor Harrison"] your dancing is fun and exciting.... not like [member="Jericho"]'s dancing which is violent and cringe worthy when he tries to lift the dollar bills with his cheeks

[member="Valiens Nantaris"], [member="Nima Tann"]

On a more serious level, I believe Archangel could be a good opponent, but only if used sparingly since turning them into ME3 Cerberus would suck. I wouldn't want them to be punching bags.

And they'd probably be better for faction threads than dominions. The outcome is somewhat uncertain in the former, whereas doms only have one outcome unless there's a Rebellion.

Archangel's style would be to perform raids, abduct people from remote worlds for processing, or stage attacks where they say test out bioweapons using proxies and then offer 'healthcare'. Can see them taking control of the droids on a planet if they're feeling audacious. They'd be more of a shadowy menace than a horde of expendable NPC opponents.

They wouldn't directly go to war with a major faction because they don't have the resources for all-out conflict and the whole idea behind Archangel is that it outwardly maintains a facade of respectability and keeps its shadier dealings compartmentalised. Of course, there's a number of people who know about those (e.g. Siobhan to a degree, Sumiko), but not the general public. Intel on the evil stuff it's doing could naturally be gathered via IC work.

Might supply the space orcs with weapons. I like the space orc idea.

SPACE ORCS! SPACE-CAT ORCS!

vdx5WnE.jpg

Kurayami used to run a company on another site that was very similar in operation to Archangel, though he never wanted to destroy everyone. He sought to bring about wars of attrition through playing the major factions against one another. He was a real bastard back then. And that doesn't even get into the ships he built...dear god those things were ridiculous, but he had his hands in everything from bacta and kolto to disruptor tech and mining operations. So I can respect wanting to be more the shadowy type. And good luck with it, though Kurayami is a bad punching bag on here, not enough training for it to be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom