Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Testing Grounds

Candez Stoon turned to [member="Tom Taff"] as [member="Ivory Stroud"] looked over the revolver. "Why yes, just started up. And I made my first weapon as an...opening. Plan to test it soon....in fact why not now!" But as he proposed doing so, Ivory was done looking at the weapon. He got the requested ammunition for the revolver and set it before her. "All yours" he said as he took the credits in hand, pocketing them. Now that business had been done, he turned back to Tom. "Want to see my project?" Pressing something on the crate, all the other weapons raised up from the crate.

And there it was. A large laser cannon. The BLC-16. "The BLC-16! It packs a punch, let me tell ya" he started going on about it's specifics while going towards the range. And ignored the worried grunts that Yam was giving. "Penetrates heavy armor, charges up for a big laser to shoot out. It's like shooting hot lava at rock, it'll melt right through. Watch." He took it in both hands, and began to charge up. However he had forgotten about one thing; recoil.

[member="Xiang Vang"] [member="Ahtemis"] [member="Death Adder"] [member="Equinox"] [member="Vorkaliin Barass"]

Divider.png

Vork had mostly ignored everyone else playing with his guns and other weapons. However when [member="Candez Stoon"] started talking about a special project of his Vork turned to watch the blue man. The blue man pulled out a rather large laser cannon. He hoped the laser had a fair amount of bite because if it did he might just purchase one. Even with the charge setting it would still be a good gun for his collection.

He didn't understand the like shooting hot lava at rock. Most likely because he had never see hot lava hit a rock before. The blue man's companion was grunting something and was worried about the man. Vork smiled widely whatever was about to happen was going to be a lot of fun. He began thinking whether it would kill the man or merely injure him, either way it would be a laugh for him.

Divider.png

Valgærd

I smiled at Tom.

Excellent.

My glance first flashed towards the referenced ship, the smallest of smirks tugging at the corners of my mouth. Tom was easily among the best weapons manufacturers I'd come across, and I couldn't lie... I was excited to receive my first proper shipment from him. I couldn't help but wonder to myself what the others who'd come to test out these weapons had purchased. Something large? Some of the more subtler, concealable weapons? A combination, perhaps?

For now I'd stepped back from the weapons testing. Partially, and if asked, it was because I couldn't decide what I wanted to test. In truth, I was more concerned with watching everyone else. They all had heeded the call and come aboard the ship that had brought them to Dohmus Prime, to me. Their skills varied greatly, which had been a large part of my design. No use in creating a net if the threads only went one way, it would never catch anything. However, with varied skills and talents, they complimented one another perfectly.

But of course, every thread intersected. I was hoping that the use of weapons of varying types was one of these intersections, where everyone would have at least some way to defend themselves.

So for now, I quietly approached the sidelines, keeping my gaze keenly upon all those present. Perhaps I would slip away in time, hopefully without fanfare, but until then, I would simply wait, and observe.

Divider1.png

Candez readied the charge. It felt like revving a speeder. There was a kick as it began to hum. The barrel lit up redder than a hot stream of lava. Sparking along it, energizing the collecting beat at the entrance of the barrel. He readied a thumb over the firing trigger, it was almost ready...almost...almost..."Here we g-" and then he pressed down. And it all happened so fast. Most of the viewers would have followed the beam. Flying out, scorching the ground as it did. Right at the target, melting through.

And then they would look back and see...nothing. Had the Duros disintegrated, by his own weapon?

Nope. A groan was heard, and he stood up. Having crashed several feet away, the weapon on his lap. Candez rubbed his head, sitting up. "Woah....woah! That...That was awesome! Haha!"

[member="Ahtemis"] [member="Vorkaliin Barass"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom