Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Terminus Facility (Ground OOC)

The Terminus Facility

Backstory
Over 850 years ago the galaxy was rocked by the most devastating war it had yet encountered; the Clone Wars. The Galactic Republic, combined with the Jedi Order fought the Confederacy of Independent Systems, killing untold millions and putting the galaxy on the path to Empire.

Few know the truth of how those wars ended, but suddenly it was over. Droids and ships all over the galaxy suddenly stopped working, deactivated. For many years afterwards, even into the New Republic, stashes of deactivated droids continued to pose a threat to those off the beaten path, but eventually the battle droids were destroyed.

Almost all of them anyway.

In a remote system on the far edge of space, the CIS leadership had established a bastion, the Terminus Facility. Here they prepared for a last stand against the oncoming Republic after the death of Count Dooku above Coruscant. However, the facility was never used, and since the Separatist leadership was all liquidated soon after at Mustafar, word of it never leaked out.

The Terminus Facility was designed to be independent, to be hidden, to be secret. It was designed to last.
So when the rest of the Separatist forces deactivated, this facility continued, and followed its standing orders; prepare, defend, hide.
The system, known simply as SX192, was rich in mineral ores which enabled the droids to replace those which decayed, to build more and more ships, droids and weapons, preparing for an attack which never came. Droids do not age or get distracted, those which wore out were recycled and replaced, and soon the planet was defended by a vast host.
And so the facility passed through the Golden Age, the Gulag Virus, the Dark Age and all the other great events. Unknown to all, a great and dangerous treasure waited on the edge of space.

That’s where Rayce Garron came in.

A former Omega Pyre contractor, Rayce had left the Protectorate following the Rapture when his home of Corellia had been destroyed. Now independent, Rayce went freelance with his son Dade, running supplies or contraband. During a struggle with pirates though he was forced to make an emergency jump, ending up in a system far off the space lanes.

As Rayce repaired his ship he started to get unsettling reports. There was something nearby. When he took a closer look he found that a vast fleet was assembled there. Chased by vulture droids and fighters, he escaped by the skin of his teeth.

News of this encounter led to several factions sending probes to the system. None returned intact, but all sent back reports of vast, ancient clone forces. A potential treasure trove to plunder.

Alliances gathered, plans put in place, and Terminus would not remain un-harassed for long!

General Notes:
  • If you are participating in the space or ground battle please PM me your force selections, complete with links to the submissions in the factory or codex.
  • The event will begin on the 3rd of May and run as long as it needs to.
  • I am being assisted by [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] in the PVP battle and [member="Darth Kentarch"] in the ground battle. They are the game masters, they will summarise events, control the NPCs and generally wreak havoc.
  • It’s never too late to sign up! New arrivals even after the event starts are allowed.
Ground Battle

[member="Seanna Vel"], [member="Soliael Devin Talith"], [member="Rael sul B'an"], [member="Anja Aj'Rou"], [member="Beowoof"], [member="Yusan Fenn"], [member="Kei Amadis"], [member="Maya Whitelight"], [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"], [member="Jericho"], [member="Draco Vereen"], [member="Raziel"], [member="Orick T'ane"], [member="Dair Cotarin"], [member="Ali Hadrix"], [member="Perla Pirjo"]

Summary:
The main facility and factory on the ground is heavily defended by legions of battle droids and war machines. Not only that, but your rivals have also arrived. This is set to be a bloody battle for possession of the facility!
This is a struggle between armies and great engines. Personal bravery, whilst important, is lost amidst the scale of this battle.

Objectives:
  • (Main) Defeat enemy defenders and rival factions.
  • (Main) Take and hold the facility.
  • (Side) Shutdown the shield generator to allow aerial strikes.
  • (Side) Disable the factory to prevent reinforcements.
  • (Side) Move troops off opposing team’s entry side.

Rules:
  • Only factory submitted technology, vehicles or units may be used. A faction may only use its own submissions, or those which are open market.
  • Each writer may select up to 200 points worth of units from the following list. All base units cost 10 points, multiplied by 3 for unique units, 2 for rare and 1.5 for limited. No more than 3 rare and 5 limited units can be used per writer.
    Infantry Company (80 infantry)
  • Mechanised Infantry Company (40 infantry in 4 transports)
  • Artillery Battery (10 guns)
  • Anti-Air Battery (10 guns)
  • Light Armour/Walker Company (20 vehicles)
  • Heavy Armour/Walker Company (10 vehicles)
  • Bomber Run (Bomber Squadron, one use only)(3 per writer max)

[*]Bombers can only be used on the facility once the shield generator is disabled.
[*]The NPC defenders will have 100 points per writer. An additional unit (except bombers) is produced each post until the factory is disabled.
[*]Writers should take account of the terrain when moving. There are no enforced movement speeds, but vehicles will move slowly in jungle, fast over open ground etc.
[*]Respect the NPCs! The sheer number and firepower of units makes personal heroics unlikely to have a decisive impact. Strategy and tactics are what’s important here.
[*]Only artillery has the range and trajectory to fire at targets it cannot see. It has unlimited range, but poor accuracy against targets it cannot see. Infantry and light armour has a range of 1, heavy armour and anti-air has a range of 2.
[*]Superweapons of any sort are not allowed.
[*]All regular SWRP rules must be followed.
[*]One character per writer.
[*]Moving from one battle to another requires a post leaving one battle and another in the new thread arriving. This may only be done once per writer. A writer may not move into a thread where they have another character.

Victory:
  • Each NPC unit destroyed: 50 points.
  • Each PC unit destroyed: Its points cost.
  • Holding the main facility: 500 points.
  • Destroying the main facility: -1000 points.
  • Destroying the factory: 250 points.
  • Destroying the shield generator: 250 points.
  • Moving units off the opposite team’s starting edge: Half its points cost.

Rewards:
  • Winning the battle (having the most points): Class 3 Faction Reward.
  • Best and Fairest: Class 2 Personal Reward.
  • Best General: Class 2 Personal Reward.
  • Holding the Facility: Class 3 Faction Reward.
  • Destroying the shield generator or factory: Class 1 Faction Reward.
Exact nature of the rewards to be disclosed at a later time.

Template:
Please use this template in spoilers when posting.
Faction:
Team:

Unit 1, Unit Type, Strength, Hex Location, Orders.
Etc.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Rules:
  • Only factory submitted technology, vehicles or units may be used. A faction may only use its own submissions, or those which are open market.
  • Each writer may select up to 200 points worth of units from the following list. All base units cost 10 points, multiplied by 3 for unique units, 2 for rare and 1.5 for limited. No more than 3 rare and 5 limited units can be used per writer.
    Infantry Company (80 infantry)
  • Mechanised Infantry Company (40 infantry in 4 transports)
  • Artillery Battery (10 guns)
  • Anti-Air Battery (10 guns)
  • Light Armour/Walker Company (20 vehicles)
  • Heavy Armour/Walker Company (10 vehicles)
  • Bomber Run (Bomber Squadron, one use only)(3 per writer max)
I am slightly confused by this. Does this mean I can use generic troops and give them approved technology for weapons and Gear and Vehicles using the Guideline above for points, or if I have no submitted NPC units in the Codex, I would have each unit approved first.

Sorry, I am new and would rather ask and know, rather than assume and be wrong.

Kiyron

K
What's this? A point system for ground NPCs that makes losing some and calling in reinforcements dicey and actually mean something? Hooray!

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

I will actually be sitting out of ground combat. However; I shall remain in PvP and Space. I don't think I'll have time for all three this May since I'm house-sitting for my parents.

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
I don't believe I'll be able to handle both ground and space battles, so I'll just stick with my favorite. (The one that has all the ships.)

That's fine, [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] & [member="Beowoof"] just change your votes in the other thread.

Draco Vereen said:
I am slightly confused by this. Does this mean I can use generic troops and give them approved technology for weapons and Gear and Vehicles using the Guideline above for points, or if I have no submitted NPC units in the Codex, I would have each unit approved first.

Sorry, I am new and would rather ask and know, rather than assume and be wrong.
Generic units can be used, yes. You can have generic infantry with canon generic blasters and armour, but it will not be as good as someone who had submitted tech and units to the factory/codex.

[member="Ali Hadrix"]
Shouldn't be an issue if you want to come in later.

I looked forward to this. Remember personal one on one fights and one person trying to cut through everything will accomplish nothing. Try not to blow up all your opponents forces in one post. Think of the ground combat like pvp, you control your forces like you would control yourself in a lightsaber duel. We'll be giving feedback on how the battle is going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom