Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The straw that broke the Ronto's back.

We will either find a way, or make one.
An eye for an eye only ends with the whole world blind.
jedi_master_male___concept_design_by_ron_faure_dao0fwq-414w-2x.jpg

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
COMPANION:
Buster
SECTOR: Vendaxa
MISSION: Fun in the sun?
TAGS: Lord Kizash Lord Kizash | Darth Ira

Vendaxa has always been home to rolling plains, picturesque beaches and one of the densely populated ecosystems in the galaxy. One thing it also was home to was Gel, one of the greatest starship customizers in the galaxy. Gel, a Sullustan was not flashy or garish, but a “meat and potatoes” kind of guy, a wiz with an engine and an eye for interior detail. He was giving Connel’s “Defender” a complete rebuild on the inside, making it fit more to his liking, not just a blanket design. He didn’t need a conference room, he didn’t need a common area, he wanted a library, he wanted a training room. He also wanted the cockpit to be laden with pilot droids, but able to easily be controlled by one individual.

He also wanted a space just for Buster…

The work was going to take some time, and luckily there was “relative” peace right now, so the Jedi Council had his location and contact information should he be needed. He also had access to another ship, should he need to head out right away and his own was still being updated. Truth be told, Connel wished he didn’t leave Buster with his parents at the moment, he needed a friend around to have fun at the bazaar he was walking through.

Connel wasn’t “lonely” or anything, just a little bored, and always felt odd spending money on himself. So the young Jedi Knight was just going to walk around, enjoy his little dessert and take in the culture.

So why is there a hint of The Dark Side in the area?

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: XOXO, Lightsaber | Location: Bazaar on Vendaxa | Tag: Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor | Lord Kizash Lord Kizash

From the shadows of a nearby alley, Darth Ira observed the Jedi Knight as he wandered through the bustling bazaar of Vendaxa. Her crimson eyes narrowed with predatory focus, tracking his every move with a silent intensity. She cared little for the reasoning of him being there; her sole concern lay with the Jedi and how she would handle him.

As Connel traversed the crowded marketplace, Ira sensed the unmistakable presence of the Light Side emanating from him. It was a beacon of purity amidst the chaos of the galaxy, a stark reminder of everything she had forsaken in her pursuit of power. Yet, it also served as a challenge, a tantalizing opportunity to test her strength against his.

With each step he took, Ira felt her anticipation grow, a primal urge urging her to strike when the moment was right. She could sense his vulnerability, his naivety in the face of the darkness that surrounded him. It was only a matter of time before he fell prey to her relentless pursuit, before she claimed him as her own. But for now, she bided her time, a silent predator waiting patiently for her prey to reveal its weaknesses. The Jedi Knight may have thought himself safe amidst the throngs of the bazaar, but Ira knew better. She was always watching, always waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

And when that moment came, she would show him the true power of the dark side, and that of the dark Goddess she served.

Equipment: Heavy Boots, leather belt and cargo pants, rest in Signature
Tags: Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor Darth Ira

Vendaxa had come a long way since my last visit here. Or more accurately I had come to know Vendaxa a bit more personally than in the past. In all honesty the jungles of the planet was where I mainly resided on my few and in-between visits, but just for this occasion I felt guided by the shadow to see something else on the planet. The Bazaar.

If there was a word above exotic, Id use that to describe this place. The first thing I noticed was the smell. A mixture of scents, both delightful and horrid. All depended which section you wandered into. A buzzing hub of activity that masked the planets true kill or be killed nature. A blanket of luxury thrown on top of a savage animal. It shame to see in person, but that was not why I was here. Past the sight of busy trades and the flow of credits, there was another feeling that I couldn't track to origin.

I know your wondering what that feeling was and I can only describe it as watching the Thrill of the Hunt occur. So I took up refuge against a large durasteel support beam, crossed my arms against my chest and simply observed all I could. Extending beyond the chaos of this marketplace. My mind sifted through the multitude of beings present, seeking a particular signature in the Force. It was elusive to me, like trying to grasp smoke with my bare hands. I knew this individual not by their appearance or name, but by the unique resonance they carried through the Force. From within my head it played like notes of music, a sense of authority and stature. It was new and familiar to me at the same time.

This is annoying.

Feeling a tug from my rear I swiftly turned around only to find a group of Rodian children showcasing a lack of boundaries. Their hands and fingers touching a tattered yet elaborate designed cloak that covered myself and my lightsabers. Majority of it was black in color but it did showcase areas of red. Faded in color from many battles and exposure to the elements. Something about it stuck out to these kids or maybe it was my wounds. Directly under my cloak was my flesh, bare chested. Riddled with burns, scars, cuts, recently healed blaster wounds and bruises of all different sizes, colors and age. Covering my two personal lightsabers clipped to my belt with part of my cloak, I revealed a damaged lightsaber on the opposite side and let curiosity devour the group of children. Their eyes and expressions seemed to be completely captured by the reveal. Life Day came early. Heheh. Unclipping the damaged lightsaber from my belt I tossed it somewhere adjacent to me with a grin and watched the group of rodians scurry after it. They fought over it. Who would get to hold it first and when one had claimed it the child extended it toward the sky and let his thumb explore the purpose of a red button on the hilt.

A Snap-hiss. Then a crimson red blade came to life pointed to the sky... In the hands of a child.

An occurrence that instigated panic for some and amusement for others.

[Any text in brackets signifies comm-link usage and not face to face conversation]
COMPANION:
Buster

The more he walked the stalls, in and out of the groupings, and passed conversations, Connel was not there to intervene or judge many, if any of the populace that were arguing, almost coming to blows over their wares, He was here to get his ship done up and that was it, the more he watched people, the more he truly felt bad for them. No, not in a “smug” or “pedestal” manner, but in that he believed that it was easier than people making the effort to get along and just coexist. Naive? Sure. Unlikely? Definitely. Impossible? No. That is what motivated him to be better and to (hopefully) get others around him to follow suit.

Connel didn’t bother to even try to preach, that was folly, he just kept true to himself.

That’s what father taught.

Maybe it was the aggressive nature of many of the shoppers that put him on alert, because he sensed the presence of the Dark Side in the alleyways (though Connel could not truly sense exactly where.) but he saw the younglings wrestling over and holding the crimson lightsaber of the Sith into the air.

Oh no.

He was in over his head, he felt the concern of it, not because of his situation, but because of those around him…

… especially the young ones.

The young Jedi Knight “jumped” into action, reaching out into the Force and using it to create a blinding flash of light to anyone not attune to the call of the midichlorians. Connel focused his immediate attention not to stop the younglings, but to clear the crowds, getting everyone’s attention like this was the best bet..

Get to safety! Move! Go! Now!

It’s not that Connel didn’t care about the young Rodians, he DID, VERY MUCH so, but they were clearly bait and that was something he could bank on to allow him to get everyone else moving. The Sith, whoever it may be, would not allow his(or her) weapon to be stolen, or used. Finally satisfied that the shoppers and merchants were pushing their way out of the area, Vanagor turned his attention to the younglings. Holding out a hand, trying to calm the situation, he had his other hand on a lightsaber.

Guys… I need you to do me a favor, okay? Please put that thing down. He knew that the Dark Side was indeed present, but it was not in these youngsters.

Darth Ira

D

bsr.png

Wearing: XOXO, Lightsaber | Location: Bazaar, Vendexa | Tag: Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor | Lord Kizash Lord Kizash

She watched him as he walked through the stalls, her crimson gazed fixated on him as she too pressed through the crowds. Not once did she lose sight of her prey, her gaze locked onto his frame. She knew he felt her through the Force, he no doubt also felt the intoxicating lure of darkness against his flickering light. Ira pushed passed people, causing a slight stir herself. A particular elder she shoved aside, eliciting a soft cry for assistance from the others around. She ignored it, pressing through the citizens visiting stalls, and purchasing goods. There would be a moment of distraction, she knew it would only be a matter of time. And as if the Force felt her call - it happened. Suddenly, the sound of children's laughter filled the air as they ran near her, playfully wielding a lightsaber. Without hesitation, her quarry leapt into action to protect them and Ira smirked briefly, but then looked up in slight confusion. She felt another connected to the Force, one who held a different vibe than the one she hunted.

As he was distracted by the children, she made her move.

Emerging from the shadows with confident steps, Ira's hand gestured abruptly as she channeled the powers of the dark side through the Force. The stack of crates nearby began to shake violently, their contents rattling and shifting within. With a satisfying crash, they tumbled towards Connel, intent on pinning him to the ground. The smell of freshly picked fruit and various store goods filled the air as the crates toppled over, their wooden frames creaking and splintering under the force of Ira's command.

Last edited by a moderator:
What was I thinking?

What was I not thinking. Watching these alien children hold a lightsaber I found oddly nostalgic. Their looks of awe and glee from the weapon took me back to my youth. A long time ago. At least it felt like it. A time before expectation, projection and abuse. If memory served me well, there were positive moments midst the pain of growing up. This present feeling was interrupted by two things.

The first was the arrival of a young man. A Jedi? It was difficult to tell. I had always been shit at sensing the force in others at a moments notice. My talents were specialized elsewhere. Even so this boy, per say, had a interesting gait and way about him that seemed familiar to me. His body language teased my senses and taunted my memory over and over. The longer I observed him the more it became to feel like a splinter in my mind. Who is this? Raising a brow I felt my lips curl into a smirk as I tilted my head. I was not aware that my "smirk" was a full toothy smile at the young man attempting to reason with children.

His words echoed in my head. As urgent as they sounded. Guys… I need you to do me a favor, okay? Please put that thing down.

The second thing that disrupted my remembrance was the urgent sense of danger. Within my minds eye I saw the glow of a figure. As if highlighted to me. Was I being tracked?
My mind pondered the sudden occurrence as my body responded. Pure instinct. With a blur of speed two lightsabers from my belt were summoned to both my hands. My presense in the force groaned as if in pain, A respondence of my physical state. A constant groaning or pain in the force. Activating with a snap~hiss. The action alone was enough to startle the children playing with the lightsaber I gave away. How the presumed jedi, If he was one, reacted still remained to me seen.

It only occurred to me after the fact that I was not the target. Even so I did nothing to warn others around me.

Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor Darth Ira

COMPANION:
Buster

“If you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes…”

It is a phrase that mainly can be taken at face value for many a climate and planet. The twist is though that it can be applied to a “climate” such as a crowd like this. Five minutes ago there was a hustle and bustle of shoppers, now? Now there was danger, there was the fear of those who just wanted to sell their wares, the terror in the hearts of those just wanting to spend time with friends and loved ones and maybe find a treasure they could afford.

I need to get these people out of here..

He was busy, focused really, on the young Rodians who were holding the lightsaber. Committing a “Padawan Mistake” he did not even notice the stacked crates falling his way. Sure, Connel sensed the Dark Side in the area, but thought it only centered around these younglings (even if not them directly, which he did not think). No, those crates were going to hit their target…

… sort of…

At the last second, he saw them and went to dodge, but the last one hit him… hard. Shattering and impaling splinters into his lower jaw. Anyone who did not want him to talk right now? Well they would get their wish. He could heal himself, but it would take time. Time Connel did not have right now.

Frell…

He heard more lightsabers. Vanagor was outnumbered, and he was not the combatant his father was.

Snap-Hiss

Snap-Hiss

Rolling to his feet, already in intense pain, Connel focused what he could on controlling it,

Go! Now! He was still more focused on the safety of others than himself. This was the fight he didn’t want, but would do what he had to. The young Jedi Knight considered his life to be meaningless should others fall and he unable to save them. Especially with the monster in front of him… and the demon to his side. If he was afraid, he would be afraid that today was the day he was going to die. Connel knew it possible, but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t do something about it.

So he was a Jedi.

I knew my instincts to be true from the get go. When did my gut ever betray me? I'll tell you the answer. Never. It showed enough in his walk and how he talked. The more I examined his actions and how he talked I started to feel a sensation in my jaw. A ache and pain. The injury, the splinter, That he endured triggered a memory of sorts. A flashback to Mon Cala or maybe even Manaan? The exact details were a blur to me. It was a past duel...

Who was that jedi? He was almost as big as me. I could feel a smile form from that thought. There was only one way to find out if this Jedi was who I was thinking of. I kept my lightsabers to my sides. Both blades pointed toward the ground. Taking a step back from my aggressive reactive stance, I instead put on a passive one that reflected a unseen patience. My eyes darted over the Jedi quickly. I was looking for my opening and then I saw it.

A wound on his jaw. A subtle injury but none the less one I would exploit.
"Oooh. That looks like it hurts." I commented aloud. It took much of my concentration to link with the pain. Furrowing my brow I winced imaging the pain I desire on my target to have as I felt it as my own. Clipping my left lightsaber to my belt after the blade retreated, I extended my free hand toward the young Jedis jaw and gathered my energy in the force. It felt like a quick surge of electricity before I flicked my four fingers toward the splintered flesh and projected telekinetic fingers to agitate the fresh gash. Even now I clamped down with the force with malice, imagining my nails digging into the splinters and pushing them further and further. Twisting and tearing. Into the epidermis and down into the dermis. If my concentration was disturbed then the torture would end easily enough. But how long would it take the Jedi to realize what was happening to him?

" The way you carry yourself is familiar to me. Have we crossed blades before?"

Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor Darth Ira

Last edited:

COMPANION:
Buster

“If you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes…”

Connel needed a second to heal his injury, but he did not have it. He did not have a fraction of the time he needed to heal, he was in the fight of his life and all alone. If Connel was going to survive this, he was going to have to go into a place he never thought he would. He went into a dark place, not “The Dark Side”, but memories of his father training him… hard... harder by the day. He would have to go back to that, it was all that would keep him alive,

Centering the Force in his right hand, Connel made a fist and slammed it into the ground, which if he had done properly (according to father’s training) would send the female Sith Darth Ira flying. There was a problem with this though…it left him open to attack by the other…

… who took full advantage.

GAWRGH! The sudden pain, the mind searing, blood curdling, muscle tearing pain. His mouth felt like a thousand lightsabers were violently piercing into his flesh and jaw. The young Jedi Knight instinctively dropped his shortsaber and put his left hand over the injury. This would do nothing, it was just instinct. It also seemed to inspire the Sith Lord Kizash Lord Kizash to attempt to get under his skin.

It worked.

Pulling “Omega” back into his left hand through the Force, he pushed himself to step into a defensive position. The pain was murdering his senses, and he had to use a lot of his focus to subside it. It only started to work when Connel began to breathe deeply. In and out, in and out. Increasingly violently pushed like a bellows, the air he took in and exhaled was not helping matters, in fact it was making him mad…

… but he was gaining focus…

Slowly widening his stance and slipping his weapons to either side, Connel began to hunch over, his eyes focused on the opponent in front of him. Breathing, almost frothing heavier and heavier… he got even more angry at what the Sith would ask him. Let…groan.. me guess, …another Sith who urgh lost a fight guh to my Father, Caltin Vanagor?

I’m losing control! I have to stay in control!

Caltin Vanagor had spent his entire Knight and Masterhood “Skirting the Fence” between the Light and the Dark Side. He never hid it, and felt it gave him an edge. Connel was afraid of this, he was afraid he had his father’s temper but did not have the control. He was angry, but he was afraid at the same time. Kizash could no doubt sense it, but there was nothing Vanagor could do about it.[

Last edited:
Caltin Vanagor.

The name was alien to my ears, But again the image of the man came to my mind. Memories gained more clarity and sharp focus. If the Force had any sentience in its self at all, then his cruel exchange was it. Father? The thought brought me to disgust and summoned feelings of revulsion. Pity even. I was well aware of my own upbringing or lack there of. It sat in the back of my mind waiting to be given the recognition it felt it needed.

Let…groan.. me guess, …another Sith who urgh lost a fight guh to my Father, Caltin Vanagor?
Most sith, In my experience, were controlled, poised and had a style about them that would bat off such a childish retort as this like a fly. I attempted this initially, but I had only betrayed myself. An inauthentic expression. The raise of my brow was what I wanted, but within my emotions and micro-expressions I knew there was a personal wound. A jaw growing stern, a twitch in my brow and the sudden realization I was gritting my teeth was the truth of the dig this Jedi had taken at me. He got a rise out of me.

Then again, I was not most Sith. Even now I could hear my own father and mother echo in my head fused with the oppressive critic that was my mind.
Your a disappointment!
You were supposed to be our prodigy!
You are unworthy of the recognition of our namesake!
Your no son of mine...

Deep seeded wounds, trauma and suffering helped anchor me to the true reality.

Pain.

A simple word that I was intimate with on a level that crossed my own will it seemed. I let my eyes dart down to the floor. Not solely caused by the spawn of Caltin Vanagor, but from my own thoughts too. Breaking myself down and at the same time acting as the adhesive to rebuild me back together from within. Even attempting to describe the range of feelings I received would be a discredit to them in itself.

I embraced them. No, I let them consume me to the point of weakness.

" Who are you again, Junior?! Oh wait your no one yet. Just leeching off the reputation of a great Jedi.
Your Father. Caltin Vanagor. But its not your own... You share his last name and by extension his legacy. Dont you?" I paused briefly. "I pity you. I truly do, Junior. How are you exactly gonna live up to his stature? You were so quick to drop your fathers name in the place of your own too." I snapped harshly and spat in his direction. A look of pity over took my face as I saw not only a boy under pressure but also potential untapped. Projecting my own emotional pain as much in word as I did with the force squeezing harder with a invisible grip on Vanagor Juniors jaw to empathize my point.

He would know pain as I did. And he would be stronger because of it. " Your father has passed a weight on to you, Junior. Even now you exist in his shadow, but that is not your fault. You are justified in your fear and anger. That fault is Catlin's and whatever schutta he mated with. But what and who you are now. What you tolerate is your problem now."

" Im strongest in my weakness." I uttered under my breath then raised my voice.
" And so will you."

It may of not been what the kid wanted to hear, but it was something I wished someone told me when I was his age so many years ago. Nothing hurt more than the truth.

If he accepted it...

Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor
Darth Ira

Last edited:

COMPANION:
Buster

Connel was already angry. Angry at himself for losing control, angry because he was afraid of what he would do, angry because it was inevitable(apparently). Then this Dark Lord, this monster in front of him started badmouthing his father, and worse, his mother. Now? Now he was beyond annoyed, beyond irritated, beyond angry, he was furious[/I].

Hep.my.mother’s.personage.out of your MOUTH! My father?! My father can handle himself and can deal with you… so can my mother, but I will not let you disrespect either of them… no matter how much you think you are baiting me, You want to focus on me? Fine. My name is Connel. Every word uttered from his mouth was excruciating, this was torture, perhaps a part of his plan to defeat the young Jedi Knight. It did not matter, he had a purpose in this fight now. Even with the ever-increasing torment in his jawline, keeping Vanagor from going on the attack himself. All he could do was reach out through the Force and “throw” a trash receptacle at his opponent to distract him long enough to break the hold.

Kizash was not wrong. His feelings were not weakness, they were strength to him. Connel did have weaknesses, to be sure, and he was learning them now, but he would not let the Dark Lord exploit him like this.

" Connel Vanagor." I repeated the name as if invoking the individual to appear. Just so happened that he did, along with a medium sized metal trash receptacle of solid durasteel. The force was the first to alert me of the incoming projectile. A faint signal of precognition before I felt my mind wake up from the concentration of my own use of the force. Next my body awoke too and by that time it was all too close for my liking. It felt like a solid metal fist sinking into my solar-plexus. A blow that seemed to ignore the conditioning of my muscles and phase directly into a impact on my lungs. " GaAhH!" I groaned aloud the only utterance my breath would allow before it was ripped out of me. With no breath to center me, my balance was next to follow and as I stumbled and eventually fell backwards I felt a popping crunch impact my throat. Over my the view of my perception I saw the receptacle go airborne of the impact of my body and then time slowed to a halt in a haze of concentration. In those few seconds of time I had already accessed the damage to my body. Like a med-scan the Darkside of the force had brought my injuries to my immediate attention. A taunting exchange of energy that gloated how weak and unprepared I was. My telekinetic grip over Connel had been broken with a simple trash bin. Embarrassing. No humiliating.

It was true. That moment was my fault. I was too distracted to react properly and I hated myself for it. Falling to the ground, times halt came back to a normal view and overtook me along with its companion, Gravity. Landing with a thud against a adjacent merchant tent I felt a warm liquid run down my scalp and over my left eye. I saw red. Literally and figuratively. The humid air and particulates of Vendexa fusing with a bloody gash.

In those moments there was no time to think or consider anything else. Pain seared through every nerve in my body and the lack of breath I could take shoved an urgency on my body and mind that no other could comprehend. I let my instinct take over and gave up my will to the darkside.

The impact location on the siths body was dire. One could chime it to luck but those with the force knew there was no such thing. Connel whether he knew it or not had landed a critical blow on Kizashs body. A blow that started a chain reaction of pain and hatred to fuel the dark lords coming retaliation before injury made a lasting impact on his vitality. As soon as Kizash hit the ground he rebounded off with a preternatural speed and agility, Darth Kizash's center of balance shifted to a improbable angle that let his torso torque into a spin. Midst the chaos of his maneuver another lcrimson lightsaber sprang to life. Though the fusion of the movement and drawing of the weapon in his off hand cast a visual illusion of several lightsaber blurred together at once. Jar' Kai. A whirlwind of crimson plasma and unsettled dust pivoted and launched himself airborne. A unsettling and force scream reverbed out of Kizashs injured windpipe. A unsettling war cry that was reminiscent of a wounded enraged rabid animal. Closing the gap Kizash's blades became a extension of himself poised to unleash a dual strike horizontally at Connels mid rib. First with a main hand crimson blade and next with a off hand one.

@Darth Ira

COMPANION:
Buster
TAGS: Lord Kizash Lord Kizash | @Darth Ira

Caltin Vanagor, Connel’s father, taught him that if he had to fight, he would get innocents to safety, then to fight with everything he had. The pain he was in was tearing at his mind, it should put him down and incapacitate him just on the cranial effects. Maybe it was the bloodline, maybe it was just his anger at the thought of his mother being in potential danger, but it didn’t.

The trash bin landed hard on the Sith, better than he thought it would, but the effect was bittersweet to say the least. Sure, the hold Kizash had on his jawline was broken, but the pain was still unbearable(no matter what Connel tried to do about it), and all Vanagor seemed to do was make the Dark Lord mad. No matter, he could not leave, if he did the would leave a monster in this village, one who had already shown his ill concern for life with the way he so callously toyed with Rodian younglings already.

Connel watched as the Kizash hit the ground, it seemed to bring him to life so to speak as the visual dance of light merged into a flurry of vibrant red. If it were not lightsabers coming to bear down on him, it would be a beautiful sight. This monster was proficient in Jar’Kai, but so was Connel. Flipping “Omega”, his shortsaber into a reverse grip, the young Jedi Knight pushed himself into a stance that would make the Twi’Lek Jedi… what was her name? Father talked about her? Ayla Secura? His stance would make her proud.

Going airborne was not something that Connel had expected from the Dark Lord, the warcry was proof positive of the danger he was in. Kizash looked like he was a bruiser, a Juggernaut, much like his father. So, mistakenly, Connel prepared for a straight up “power” assault and it came to fruition in his “offhand” defense of the strike of the Sith’s main weapon. The mistake was two-fold, the attack did not come with both sabers. This would not be a bad thing, but Kizash led with his primary leaving the off-hand for a follow up. The off-hand weapon was able to do what the primary could not and slip past Connel’s own recoiling off-hand and deeply slash across Connel’s abdomen.

GAUUUUGH! Staggering back in unimaginable torturous agony, Connel, in a fit of anger drew an overhand slash at Kizash’s off-hand, again with his own as he staggered back. Doubling over, Connel’s eyes did not leave those of his opponent as he began to summon all of the Force that he could, but he could not control how he was indeed bringing it in. Slowly his eyes began to glow an iridescent blue and crackle with energy. His entire body was beginning to shut down otherwise. Moreso, doubt was starting to seep deep into his psyche. He could flee, but that other Sith was out there somewhere, he would also leave this one to wreak more havoc. No, he had no choice, Connel had to fight, until Kizash withdrew, or he fell. ,

The worrisome thought was which outcome would ring true.

Your unworthy to be my son!

You are a failure!

Lord Kizash's mind raced midst the rage of battle. A collection of memories and traumas ate at his being only to be consumed and used to power his dark rage. The darkside irritated off him with a pulsing wail. A dark heartbeat come to life. His lungs ached under the strain of no air and for the time being were somehow sustained by the currents of unseen dark workings. His body moved of its own accord and enabled the mans movements to be unhindered by the hesitation of the mind. For Kizash he was more of a spectator and at the same time a blade dancer in a lethal performance.

A mirage of heat fell over my vision. A red heat mirage. I could see and not see all at once. There was no decisions, just instinct. Instinct that drove my blades across Connels gut for a blow. I knew before I had landed the strike that it would come through. I knew it would. And even with my years of experience, No matter how many times this state came over me, I could only explain it as I knew. Just as I had glimpsed a hinting mental image of the retaliating strike to my offhand. By this time my feet hand come to find the dirt below. Half past crouched I did my best to make my body small, no small feat for someone my size. I was caught off guard and also proud to see that pain had taught Connel Vanagor a lesson and it also taught me one as well. There could not be victory without a sacrifice.

Connels strike had one thing I did not. Leverage.

If I was a tad faster I could of avoided it completely but that was not the situation I was in. I felt his blade impact my offhand blade with a blade. His strength driving the blade in a manner that forced my wrist to twist instantly. Lightning forked up my forearm and settled into my elbow. I refused to let go! Stubbornly I held on and rode out the pain of being out leveraged and twisting my wrist in exchange for another blow. I could not stop the inevitable. I was going to either lose my hand or lose my weapon. I chose the latter. I lowered my center of gravity and slid my left foot forward. Balance shifted from the heels and into my toes. Forced to go down lower from the blow and twisting my torso with the inertia of the strike, I groaned under the strain. The clashing friction of Connels saber and mine was immense and his saber raked downward intill at last I felt a cut that signalled my time for vengeance. A growl emitted from my throat as my offhand saber was cleaved into two pieces and then cast to the ground below. Destroyed. That was the sacrifice and now came victory.

Following the interia of Connels swing and manipulating it with the force, I snaked my body into a back bend of sorts supported by the force itself. The world for a brief second flipped in my vision and I saw my opponent from a new dangerous angle. Upside down. It was here that I also registered a new resolve that seemed to envelope over the Jedi. The force was indeed with him. I could see it on him visibly now. Taking advantage of it I extended my mainhand forward. My thumb sliding against the switch to activate the dual-phase function. The 32 inch crimson blade lunged forward like a dark crystal snake, extending to 50 inches instantly. It was all I could do to close the distance of his retreat. My blade poised to puncture through Connels left arm at the bicep.

A precise and calculated strike on my end, but could easily turn into dismemberment if Connel moved in a rash manner.

Last edited:

COMPANION:
Buster
TAGS: Lord Kizash Lord Kizash | @Darth Ira

The bifurcated offhand saber of the Sith should have brought some level of solace to Connel, but it didn’t. There was no time to, he was still trying to come back from the destruction of his abdomen. There was pain in the body of the Dark Lord, Connel had brought success to his disarmament in his desperate move. He had a fight on his hands still, but perhaps there was something he could get out of this. Connel perhaps had an advantage now, or at least an even chance in this fight, maybe he could build off of it.

We’ll never know.

As he was building his strength back up, the Jedi Knight had lost his awareness. His strength was relying more and more on the Force at the moment, both healing and sustaining him as well, Connel was not able to pay attention to Kizash. He was looking dead at him, but the torture he was already going through in his jaw and abdomen took away his sight it seemed. He couldn’t see anything around him other than some kind of blue light showering and blanketing the earth below him to the heavens above. His eyes were failing him,,,

… he was taught not to trust them…

The Force, what he could draw on it gave him a vision of a silhouette standing almost erect, in an attack position. It took the majority of his strength he could summon, but Connel slipped again into a defensive stance. It was not as stout as before, his injuries too severe, he was still stumbling around but he could defend himself. The Sith was indeed coming at him, the attack was flawed as his own “off-hand” was taken out of the equation. He could not see details, but the silhouette gave him enough…

… it was not enough…

The shift of Kizash’s blade length would be extraordinarily difficult to defend in this manner in the best of circumstances. The Dark Lord seemed to time his shift right at the point where his slash would become a lance at the same time. Connel could not see this, he also could not see the blade, only feel his arm upon the blade’s impact. It was a searing pain that burned white-hot and he could not dodge in time. No, the arm was not dismembered, not completely, it was connected, not in bone, but by the inner part of the arm, it was dangling, useless now. Connel’s left arm and hand were just twitching as they hung from the patch of skin, his own off-hand weapon “Omega” lie on the ground, now disengaged.

The Force was no longer able to sustain him, not on two feet anyway, Connel was losing coherence and fell to the ground on his backside. It was only a matter of time now, but he was still going to go out on his own terms. He could not get to his feet, not even to his knees, not even one knee, only he sat there, his useless hand and arm laying over his lap, his one good hand, his one good weapon extended in a no doubt futile attempt to defend himself.

~Help… H… H… Help…H… Help me…please… somebody~

He was going to die here, The Sith was going to see to it, but it would not be without a fight.

Last edited:
Gravity insisted on its hold over Kizash and from his back bend position he fell to the dirty permacrete floor below. Dust particles expelled from the light impact before being wisped away from another acrobatic movement by the Sith Lord. A kip up with no hands. Landing in a squatted position he rose to his full height back turned to Connel, but a single bloodshot eye gazing back at the Vanagor legacy. It was the only mercy the jedi would receive. A mocking stance.

In that instance a attempt at a breath was made. It sounded like a distorted inhale or a growl. But within the mind if Connel was able to receive it, Something could be heard.
~"You have my respect, Connel. You somehow managed what Caltin or even Romi struggled to do."~

The sun of Vendaxa gleamed off his bald, now pale, head and half his face was now covered in a contaminated crimson blood. Like war paint his own blood had now dried to his visage, though the gash on his scalp had clotted some, it not yet stopped bleeding. Specks of black came from the wound and was contained in the blood as well. The combination made Lord Kizashs Life essence appear corrupted and foul. What exactly was a matter with him was not yet know. Even to him.

Sharply I turned and inspected Connel as he sat there, but it was not him I was looking at. Not really. I eyed the boy as he was, a testament to fine blade work and craftsmanship. Carved well. Only it wasn't, it wasn't well. It was messy to me. Within my minds eyes the battle flashed in a instant. Like I was catching up to the present moment. Caught up I was and now the pain also came with it. How long do you think you could defy your lung oxygen after the wind was knocked out of you? Probably not long. Like I said before, Pain and I had a more than intimate relationship. More than I liked, But this... What I was experiencing was new to me. A new side of that relationship.

He stood tall but there was a shake to his stance now. Underneath his red and black embroidered cloak was a display of back muscles spasming with a alarming frequency and for those who could view the front of Kizash's chest you would see the same for those muscle groups as well. A violent spasming. Less apparent was a shift in color of his normally sun-kissed skin to a paler complexion. His condition looked grave and by all accounts heeded urgency but there he stood, barely but still standing, defying his own anatomy, biology and seemingly the living force. There was no winner in this fight. Only a lesson. Pain. Initially the Sith Lord's presence in the force was a groan or mere utterance. Wherever that sensation went now it was no where to be felt. Now it was a wail. A ghastly scream of agony. Composed of a spectrum of negative emotions that were being spaghettified by sheer will. Anger, guilt, shame, anxiety, fear, self-loathing, regret, bitterness, resentment and at the epicenter a gravity well of hatred.

Again there was another audible growling inhalation. Again there was a semi-telepathic message. Then a hand stretched forth toward Connels direction and the gravity well's pull became manifest. Transparent
red hued tendrils exploded from the finger tips of Kizash and sought to attach themselves like leeches to Connel's vitality and connection to the force. Not to sever or kill but to temporarily weaken both the physical and metaphysical. For both would feed into aspects of the Sith Lords own and in the process Connel, if he survived, would be given first hand knowledge about the force technique itself. Knowledge that could only be learned and potentially used later by experience.
~ "I have a gift for you and your parents" ~

Last edited:

COMPANION:
Buster
TAGS: Lord Kizash Lord Kizash |

The darkness…

The hopelessness…

The anger…

The sheer rage…

Connel was enveloped in it all, not by choice, it was the work of the Sith Lord who almost seemed to be toying with him now. He had no choice in what was happening to him, it was a metaphor for the life of the Jedi. He had no control, his life was reactive, and that was it. So if that was the case, it actually helped him. Yes, this was putting Connel, somehow at ease. He was able to clear his mind and in turn the Force was more and more able to sustain him in his debilitating state. Mind you, Connel was unable to do much, if anything, like a few moments ago, his body was a wreck, but his mind was… alright…

He heard everything… where it would have put him deeper in a state before… now it seemed to just roll off of him. The increased pain that was coming was not a welcomed thought, but he was able to think about it and what he could possibly come up with. There was a tidalwave of the Force coming at him, darkness, pain agony and torture. There was nothing he could do to stop the tide, but maybe he could stem it? The will of his mind was strong enough, but his body was gone. Falling to his backside, Connel just watched as around him began to shift, morph and evolve. He watched, as he began to plan.

It would not be enough to stop the Sith, only slow it down… but Connel was calling on the Light Side. All of it, all that he could muster. Pulling it in like a vortex of virtue, his body was slowly being pulled, twisted, stretched and shredded the Force was growing exponentially over itself. The Light Side in him was growing like a battery… a balloon… until…

Repulse. The rapidly escaping Force energy was like a wave of its own, rolling outward in all directions.

That was it.

That was his shot.

He had all but nothing left. Now the Force was just sustaining him, barely.

He could not see if it worked.

Connel only knew he was going out his own way.

Last edited:
What did he expect to happen?

I had received just enough from Connel to remedy my injuries and stave them off for the time being. My Hate could mend the rest for the time being. A process that would of went quicker if this boy knew when to stay down. Frustrated by his endurance and inspired by it all at the same time. I could feel the swelling storm of force energy within the boy. With my hand already stretched out I commanded my force reserves to beckon my command. The red tendrils of darkside energy would begin to fade out of existence, but not before they wrapped around the contour of my figure.

A flash occurred within the force aura around Lord Kizash. Cocooning the Dark Lord inside from the concussive impact.

When the blast of force energy came I was well prepared. Briefly jolted and shaken but nevertheless intact as I leaned forward into the wave of energy and followed through with a
surge of preternatural movement.

" Too slow buster."
I managed to get out before the surge of speed exacted me to my new position.
A position adjacent to where Connel lay. Midst the movement I smirked eyeing his injured jaw and raised my right reinforced boot, bracing it for a violent impact with Connels mandible. A swift strike that would be nasty for any person to endure.

" Be better Connel."

COMPANION:
Buster
TAGS: Lord Kizash Lord Kizash |

He was done…

He could not move…

He could barely breathe…

So was it any wonder that when the Dark Lord stood over him, all he could do was watch? He could not stop, he could not prepare for browbeating. He could do nothing about (at least physically), the incoming boot to the face. The incoming heel slammed into his jawline head-on, shattering bone and destroying any remote chance of healing properly. The ball of the boot crushing his nose, driving his sinuses upward, luckily (or unluckily depending on your point of view), Connel’s head rolled to the side thanks to the momentum. The effect did even more damage to the doomed Jedi Knight’s head in the result of a fracture. There was nothing he could do, the pain was ringing in his head, everything was slowing down, this was it…

… this was where he was going to die…

If only someone received his call…

Someone had to…

… they had to…

… he just had to hold out…

Everything was blurring… going black…

With a simple gesture of the hand both of Connel Vanagor Connel Vanagor lightsaber came to a jitter and then flew into the Sith Lords open palm. He grasped them both together and quickly examined them before clipping them both onto his utility belt. A thought came to his mind about the nature of the lightsabers and their own utility. A lightsaber was not just a weapon, but also a tool to be used. Just as Lord Kizash had his own sabers that he had a particular relationship with. Kizash also assumed the same for Connel. Even now Kizash could feel the remnants of his broken off-hand hilt behind him roughly three meters away. He could feel its location in the force.

The jedi could do the same.
And when he is ready. He will come for what is his.

In this way the Sith Lord expected that his movement and locations could possibly be tracked but this was what Kizash wanted ultimately. To see Connel and his family again some day.

Some day soon.

He gazed at the young jedi once more.

I could kill him. No, there is more for him and his father to learn of pain. Besides my benefactor would not approve of it. Killing Connel would be a mercy for Caltin. There is no mercy.

" Its all run out."
Kizash stated and grabbed Connel by the collar of his garb. Hoisting the boy up with a single arm and then supporting the slack of Connels almost limp body with his other hand. Heaved over Kizash's head and steadied for a moment. Two and half meters from the ground the Jedi could of looked to be a offering to some dark god. The Sith's grasp tightened before Connels body was directed forward and pulled by sheer physical strength and gravity to the ground below. Only the ground was not the target.

Dropping to a kneeling position Kizash aimed to bring Connel down hard back first over a sturdy thigh.

Only then would Kizash be satisfied and take his leave from the scene and then Vendaxa with a wheezing inhale and exhale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom