Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The stone of immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaelis

X
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
3aa324c4c2201e91d463d7fe902517d1.jpg

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: An ancient sorcerer
  • Affiliation: Xaelis
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Model: The stone of Immortality
  • Modularity: Was changed so the stone could be attached to nearly any wearable piece, with work
  • Production: Unique
  • Material: Alchemic stone.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Creates an abnormal force bond as long as it is worn, even for non force sensitives. Increasing the wearers connection to the force according to Xaelis's. Originally unwillingly, now the prisoner can usually restrict use, and even influence or control the wearer.
  • Trapped prisoners mind and power inside of the stone
  • Considerable durability of the stone due to its alchemic making.
  • Stone can be applied to a range of worn items. Most importantly requires a certain type of contact with user.
  • Xaelis, with difficulty, can take command of the wearers body completely. Shoving the wearer to the back seat to only perceive.
STRENGTHS
  • Stone is highly durable against damage
  • Piece the stone is attached to may be made of most any material
  • Though appealing the stone could be hidden if necessary to avoid attention
  • Abnormal force bond can provide power and communication, an inherent advantage to the wearer. Both sides can compete for power.
  • The presence of the items dark side can be confusing to some enemies should they sense it, but not notice as easily that of the prisoner. This can cause a disconnect in how they may expect it to be used.
WEAKNESSES
  • Force nullification methods can prevent use of the stone, as well as communication between Xaelis and the wearer.
  • Provides rather little protection due to its size
  • While not easily damaged itself by sound or kinetic force, it provides very minimal protection to the wearer due to its very minimal size.
  • The dark side presence is not hard to sense by force users, unless somehow hidden. However since this is not the presence of either the prisoner or the wearer, it would require more than just typical force stealth to hide it.
  • The presence of the prisoner is also not inherently hidden. Though it is often muddled with the item itself. However as his alignment does not always match that of the item, it may be more noticeable at times.
  • The item the stone is attached to is not bolstered or altered by the stones own durability.
  • In order to re-attach the stone to something it may require time in order for it to be properly functional.
  • Force light may be able to destroy or rip the abilities of the stone away, as even if the prisoner is not dark-sided the stone itself is.
  • Xaelis's control over the wearer causes strain on the stone, and the wearer. Short times can result in headaches. Longer or more intense times can cause the stone's integrity to decrease, even a few hours is a risk.

DESCRIPTION
The Stone of Immortality was created by a dark sided sorcerer as a means to harness the power of another force sensitive by trapping them inside. The stone required a great deal of power to create and to imprison, but once done, the target remained inside. The stone was named as such due to the powers of survival of the prisoner of its choice, a Kaleesh warrior named Xaelis who had proven very difficult to kill. It did enhance their power in the force, whether they realized it or not.

The stone changed hands many times, even among a jedi, but with more time Xaelis gained more control. Though he was still restricted to the stone. And could not move himself alone. It would also be later altered so that the stone could be attached to other items, allowing more ease of use and attracting less attention. Though this also resulted in over-all less protection of the users head, as well as made the item the stone was attached to more likely to be broken.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

An interesting approach but there is heavy potential forr abuse. The imprisoned one in the stone could be anyone as an NPC and provide get out of situation or convenient trump card.

I would ask for this to be very clearly defined and clarified. Drawing power to help with techniques is fine but instantly knowing things is a no.

Xaelis

X
Xaelis

An interesting approach but there is heavy potential forr abuse. The imprisoned one in the stone could be anyone as an NPC and provide get out of situation or convenient trump card.

I would ask for this to be very clearly defined and clarified. Drawing power to help with techniques is fine but instantly knowing things is a no.
Little confused on this. So if I can discuss here first before attempting to apply it that'd be good.

Also nearly posted this with the wrong response, I forgot that a large portion of Xaelis's or Ganii's bios weren't in here and so was misreading the post a bit. If I had put some of it in, I don't know if the same problem would be here or not.

The user isn't gaining techniques from him, they're using him for his force power/skill. It's kind of like an alchemy version of the Inhibitor chip. Except instead of commanding a clones blaster, you'd be commanding a force users powers. The only powers usable are the ones of Xaelis personally, if he doesn't know how to do it, nothing happens. They don't learn anything, and even if they were a force sensitive, wouldn't likely learn any of what they used him for. His power also doesn't enhance the power of a force user, it acts more like another force user just applying powers through/to the person wearing him. They wouldn't learn any of his physical skills either, just be capable of essentially forcing him to use what he is able to do himself (with the force) for them. That would be the IC intention at least, as he can now restrict use of the stone normally, he could prevent that. And since he can possibly manipulate/control the wearer now, he might himself be able to apply his learned physical skills. But the wearer doesn't get any of that themselves.

Once removed, person goes back pretty much to exactly what they are without it. No learned skills or powers, no stronger or weaker.

Any of this better?

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis
Creates an abnormal force bond as long as it is worn, even for non force sensitives. Allowing use of the force powers of the prisoner. Originally unwillingly, now the prisoner can usually restrict use, and even influence or control the wearer.
Initially, the wearer had full control of the prisoners abilities. Over time, Xaelis the prisoner, wrestled some control for himself allowing him to restrict or even use his own powers more directly.
When in the presence of anti-force or anti-force use methods, such as an ysalimir field, the ability to use the force powers of the prisoner may be greatly inhibited if not outright removed.
That is not what the highlighted text says and yes it says can be restricted but there is no conditions for it. You say that it can't but wrote it can.

Strong against most anti-force methods, but not immune.
When in the presence of something that normally would prevent use of the force, the item is greatly weakened but still remains technically functional.
Ability to continue to function is a force nullification effect will need a strong example.

Xaelis

X
Xaelis

That is not what the highlighted text says and yes it says can be restricted but there is no conditions for it. You say that it can't but wrote it can.

Ability to continue to function is a force nullification effect will need a strong example.
The ability to use Xaelis's ability isn't technically gone. If he makes no effort of his own to restrict them, the wearer can use his abilities. What kind of conditions do you mean? As in, when 'usually' applies? I can probably add criteria for that if you want? Though I'll boil it down to probably superior force capability and mental ability could break through his restricting.

As far as the strong example for functioning, do you want specifics of "This is likely what he can do under most force nullification effects" in which case the ability to communicate was there. I will definitely add right now that by function I mean Xaelis remains inside and when it is no longer under the effect it all returns to normal. I added a slight edit to the weakness and special feature part of that. Though not sure if it was exactly what you wanted.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

Apologies for the delay, there were things that needed to be addressed and talked about with John Locke John Locke .

So your clarifications are contradictory. he either can or can't use the ability. The spirrit trapped inside restricting it can be a factor but as it is controlled by you saying if you can use it not really a restriction or weakness. As it stands the ability to just have one uppers and trump cards in a jewel or sword is very overpowered. If you want the stone to bolster the users ability to channel the force that is fine and something very different from being able to just know an ability when I need it. Might work for Rey in the movies but need to have a balance on Chaos.

The second big issue is force nullification being resisted. That has been deemed a no go without canon proof of selective nullification. It will be all of it when in the field.

Xaelis

X
Xaelis

Apologies for the delay, there were things that needed to be addressed and talked about with John Locke John Locke .

So your clarifications are contradictory. he either can or can't use the ability. The spirrit trapped inside restricting it can be a factor but as it is controlled by you saying if you can use it not really a restriction or weakness. As it stands the ability to just have one uppers and trump cards in a jewel or sword is very overpowered. If you want the stone to bolster the users ability to channel the force that is fine and something very different from being able to just know an ability when I need it. Might work for Rey in the movies but need to have a balance on Chaos.

The second big issue is force nullification being resisted. That has been deemed a no go without canon proof of selective nullification. It will be all of it when in the field.
I understand the delay.

What do you mean either can or can't use the ability? Are you talking about the user or Xaelis?

I'm also definitely sure abilities in the past attached to alchemic devices have been allowed to be used by non-force users. I don't know if we're canonical, but that one smuggler in SWTOR had a headband that allowed him to live a lot longer than normal. And I believe a clone once used an armband that provided him a certain force power? I have also submitted a sword before that provided (with limitations) use of pyrokinesis to the wielder, at the cost of energy, though it was far less effective in a non force users hands.

That said, if I must make an alteration I have to ask this instead: Am I permitted to make it so that the only thing the stone itself does is enhance a users force sensitivity, based on the prisoner, (a force user becomes stronger in the force when worn, a regular person may become force sensitive when worn, whether or not they realize it. And those who are 'force voids' if we even have those species, simply can't use it at all). And that instead of the user being able to simply call upon Xaelis's powers specifically, Xaelis is able to use his abilities of his own choice?

As far as force nullification, is it alright if I just say that Xaelis remains inside and the rest goes away until out of the area? I'd like Xaelis to not suddenly cease existing just because someone walked into a room with a void stone or something.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

an artifact having an ability or in some cases small ahndful of closely related (drain, comsume essence, cryokinesis, tutaminis) Having a secondary character or more with abilities that are not known or can be ever changing is a no. As I said bolstering the force is fine, having the ability to just know something and use it opens into a can of worms.

To quote John Locke John Locke
generally all artifacts created by Sith Alchemy are negated by force nullification fields and by force light.

If you have a canon means to counter it please provide it but as it stands this is what the judges have as the line.

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms Very well. I'll start working on fixing the ability matter and see if the new one works.

Ok. I just want to know if the prisoner can stay inside the stone after being away from the force nullification area. Otherwise I can imagine a lot of people going to Tombs carrying Ysalimir to get rid of the sith spirits and then just leaving since the problem is solved. I'll work on removing any ability use right now.

Edit: Hopefully you didn't read this yet. But I did do some changes. I tried to remove the descriptions and alter the stuff so that the exact abilities was removed, and it simply enhances the wearers power to the force. I did also remove the resistance to the force nullification. Though I do hope that it's allowed the prisoner remain trapped inside around force nullification, since I've never really seen a reason to believe force nullification would change that.

I also added a different special feature bit, for the purpose of clarification on when Xaelis uses his powers, that it's done through the wearers body. Hopefully that also can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

The contents of the stone would be able to return when it leaves the nullification field.

The stone's prisoner can use their own abilities if the wearer isn't strong enough to stop them, or lets them, but these are almost all only done through the wearers body.

You still have it being able to use abilities in the sub.

As was pointed out this will also need a weakness to force light as it is a darkside object.

Xaelis

X
Xaelis

The contents of the stone would be able to return when it leaves the nullification field.

You still have it being able to use abilities in the sub.

As was pointed out this will also need a weakness to force light as it is a darkside object.
Missed the force light thing, I'll add that now.

I'm confused on the issue of the abilities problem now? Since this is Xaelis using his own abilities now, not the wearer? I thought the issue was that the wearer was able to use Xaelis's abilities.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

As I have said since the beginning, having the stone grant abilities is not going to pass. If you want the stone to boost the force connection to empower the one holding its abilities fine but holding it is not going to grant instant powers.

Xaelis

X
Xaelis

As I have said since the beginning, having the stone grant abilities is not going to pass. If you want the stone to boost the force connection to empower the one holding its abilities fine but holding it is not going to grant instant powers.
This version isn't granting abilities. It's just Xaelis choosing to use his own powers, just as he would when he was alive. Only he is only using them through the wearer (by choice and his own effort, not the wearers), if he's not paying attention, none of his powers get used. All the stone is technically doing here right now is housing Xaelis and increasing the wearers force power. Not granting them his abilities.

"The stone's prisoner can use their own abilities if the wearer isn't strong enough to stop them, or lets them, but these are almost all only done through the wearers body."

This is Xaelis's(prisoners) doing, not the wearers. I'm just clarifying that a strong wearer could stop him from using his abilities. Not that a strong wearer could use his skills. The wearer wouldn't be able to do a force push of their own choosing, or even heal themselves, that'd be all reliant on Xaelis choosing to heal them or to do a force push.

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms Sorry for the second post.

Would it be better if I made it resemble something more along the lines of a sith mask in which the sith gain control and then use their powers? SWTOR Spoilers if you haven't done or seen it Something kind of like what Tenebrous, the immortal emperor, does to the outlander. The outlander does technically grow stronger, but the only time the emperors own powers are used is when he's given/takes control. Such as the one fight with his son, where if you give him control or he takes it, he releases a massive force storm. However otherwise you mostly just experience a mild boost if I remember right. That, somewhat, is what is going on right now. But it can be removed. This actually is very close, as another example in the games has tenebrous (while outlander is technically in control) using his own powers to some extents such as force shield and the time stopping thing. Xaelis is not remotely as powerful as he is, but the effects from the incorporeal/entrapped force user to the actual person are extremely similar.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

Darth Tenebrous had no such ability.

and all that you described is game mechanics made to keep a fight going. In a pvp scenario being able to draw upon an unlimited pool of potential skills to one up and gain the advantage over an opponent is not in the spirit of fair play.

Xaelis

X
Xaelis

Darth Tenebrous had no such ability.

and all that you described is game mechanics made to keep a fight going. In a pvp scenario being able to draw upon an unlimited pool of potential skills to one up and gain the advantage over an opponent is not in the spirit of fair play.
Oh shoot wrong one. I never remember his name and somehow always end up with tenebrous. The "Immortal emperor" "tenebrae" not tenebrous. 7:57 he, of his own accord, seems to put the fight on pause. Upon acceptance they get to use his power and there it goes. At 11:33 though he uses force shield while the outlander is still in control.

Now, I'm not playing Tenebrous as the prisoner in the stone. He's another character, not an unlimited power being. He'll run out of energy just like anyone else can in the force, if that's a specific aspect I need to find a way to add I can do that. He's also not unlimited in skills or abilities. In terms of pure abilities and skill, Ganii with Xaelis paying full attention is still inferior combat wise to a lot of my other characters. And a lot of other players characters (especially due to a lack of good gear). Such as Rocho, who has nearly every abillity Xaelis had either through the force or through natural Trandoshan nature, and then some.

If none of this still works, I can switch it to where it's exclusively either in witch they can swap the user getting stronger power when they're in control (like with many artifacts and some crystals I think). Or Xaelis taking control when his powers are needed, and the wearer being forced into a back seat to watch and do little else.

Edit: I really don't want to sound uncooperative. I really appreciate you taking this long with me.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

As a game mechanic that works great it is dramatic and lets one compete with a boss that is meant to be tough. IN a balancing for pvp there is no limit to whatever skills/abilities can be pulled out. TOR is about becoming more powerful and it serves narrative purpose in there that the player character first is controlled and then takes control.

THis is a game and meant to be fun but is has to be balanced and able for others to have a chance. all is determined by the writing skill after all. So as stated several times previously the feature to have abilities is not going to pass. Bolstering the force is fine, lessening the strain mentally and on the body is fine. Being able to just have abilities is not.

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms
I did ask if I can just have it as Xaelis taking complete control instead of just being able to use his abilities whenever. This isn't really any different at that point than just someone with two personalities, as Xaelis is just as limited by the rules put on a character as any other character is.

What if I added a more specific weakness for that to make it more fair? Strain on the body and at the cost of Xaelis's energy anytime he takes control to use his powers, since he's not got a body of his own, perhaps it puts strain on the stone itself and doing it for too long puts him at risk and/or forces him into silence, and stops the minor enhancement, after he exerts himself or the wearer? That would remove the possibility of any kind of limitless option. though I don't really see one now.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

As has been stated multiple times now.

Drawing power to help with techniques is fine but instantly knowing things is a no

I will repeat myself again and again so listen now. You can use the stone to improve your connection to the force to make you stronger. You cannot have something that just gives you abilities without limits.

Now we have literally went almost an entire page on one thing. Remove it from the sub and lets move on to the rest of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom