Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech The stone of immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms
As I'd said, the wearer instantly knowing things was already gone. I'm not sure exactly where you're finding that in the submission.

I did change this:

Strengths:
  • Xaelis, with difficulty, can take command of the wearers body completely. Shoving the wearer to the back seat to only perceive.
Weaknesses
  • Xaelis's control over the wearer causes strain on the stone, and the wearer. Short times can result in headaches. Longer or more intense times can cause the stone's integrity to decrease, even a few hours is a risk.

If this is still not enough, I'm strongly considering a species alternative. Since this is strongly similar to just making a Shard character force sensitive and having them be worn by another character.

What I wanted was a to have Xaelis be a character, be able to do character things, but be limited by the person he was being worn on. If you have any suggestions as to how that can work for a tech submission since the original thought as an alchemic item, that'd be nice. If not, I'm just gonna have to drop this. Because it's even less powerful and practical than a lot of other subs, and canon items, that I could use in its place.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

Though the stone did work as intended to make the wearer gain all the skills of Xaelis
Initially, the wearer had full control of the prisoners abilities.

It is still in the submission that having it gives skills/abilities.

Since this is strongly similar to just making a Shard character force sensitive and having them be worn by another character.

Where in the shard article does it say that wearing them does anything? Shards were able to operate in droid bodies not on necklaces.

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms Ah missed those. That first one was supposed to be didn't, which is now didn't. The second was switched to power like in the rest.

The shards were able to use the force outside of just moving droid bodies. I can't find it yet, but one fought Darth vader and was still using techno-kinesis on a turret even after its droid body was severely damaged. Additionally, the article does not specify that force sensitive shards were limited only to being able to use the force while in a droid body. Only that they were installed into them, which is naturally advantageous as it reduces how much they'd have to use the force.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

Though the stone didn't work as intended to make the wearer gain all the skills of Xaelis, it did enhance their power in the force, whether they realized it or not.

Initially, the wearer had full control of the prisoners power. Over time, Xaelis the prisoner, wrestled some control for himself allowing him to restrict or even use his own powers more directly. While not an absolute control of his own abilities,

The bolded sections I would cut out entirely just say it bolsters the force. As you have three inconsistent things no abilties, partial and he has control of his own when in control. Only mention in the description that it bolsters the force.

I can't find it yet, but one fought Darth vader and was still using techno-kinesis on a turret even after its droid body was severely damaged.

You will need to find it as without a canon example it cannot be used. I know vader fought Rur a jedi consciousness in a droid body who was a technopath able to control systems.... but he was not a shard or able to influence outside fo the body that he was using.

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms I think I deleted those now.

Ah I see, I mistook the crystal he was in (Rur Crystal) for a shard. So i guess he's mostly irrelevent to that specific example.

However, using the force while not moving isn't something new. During meditation in particular jedi are regularly seen lifting things, even in the original movies as luke does. And since there is nothing that I've seen to suggest otherwise, there's no reason to believe the Shards would be an exception to that. So, canon example of a force user doing something without any additional movement. Electronic aid also really isn't something commonly seen for allowing someone greater force use, so there's not much reason to believe the droid bodies did provide any inherently greater skill in the force, outside of possibly the training they may have received for it specifically. So even the restrictions that Xaelis has right now, are much more so than would be typical.

Krass Wyms

Jedi Tech Division
Factory Judge
Xaelis

the droid bodies were used to separate them from the hive mind they were born part of. Froce sensitive ones became iron knights and as stated in the first paragraph of their article

The Iron Knights were Force-sensitive Shards that trained under the Sunesi Jedi Master Aqinos. Like all Shards, the Iron Knights required droid bodies to interact with the world,

So yes a shard could be without a droid body and they wouldn't be able to make significant interaction with the world. Though given that this has nothing to do with the sub now since the crystal is not a shard nor a tsil nor trying to be rur's crystal.. I am failing to see why you are trying to argue them.

Moving on

The item the stone is attached to is usually no longer alchemic, and as a result only has the durability of the material itself.

What does this mean? Does it absorb alchemical effect? If it does what happens to it?

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms
Hm, that does not show up on the main shard page. Still, I was bringing them up as another example of something small but capable of the force.

For some reason the quote button doesn't work, but for the second question that might just be worded badly. What it means though is that while the original mask was alchemic, it is not typically attached to anything alchemic anymore since those would be so rare to find and complicated to work with compared to more standard materials like gold, steel, and so on.

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms
Is that any better? If I need to add an extra sentence like "It is no longer inherently attached to an alchemic mask or headband" I can do that.

Xaelis

X
Krass Wyms Krass Wyms

The last sentence is kind of what makes it both. Since technically, Xaelis can be forced to allow his power to be used, or xaelis can force himself in. I could just limit it to strength though if inconvenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom