Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Spice of Life

aMpqQKV.png

KASHYYK, SILVER'S REST
Auteme Auteme

Life at Silver's Rest was beginning to become nice and simple, the routine that Jamie had been able to set herself into was a nice and easy one. The daily activities were stuff she found herself enjoying, whether legitimately or justifying it as her path to becoming a true Jedi. Even the menial labour that it entitled, laundry and the such. That was all a lesson in some form or another, something that many of her peers didn't quite understand.

Chief among them was her brother, Kiegan.

Unfortunately the Elder Lysle had a bit of wanderlust, perhaps rooted in the fact that Jamie was finally somewhere that she excelled and he could trust. That allowed for the Hapan to go on his grand adventures and come back half dead most of the time.

But fortunately, Jamie had made some more normal friends to compensate for her brother's coming and goings

One of these friends was Auteme, someone else pursuing the doctor-ly arts like Jamie herself. Kindred spirits with notebooks and pens. It was always nice to have someone like her to help balance out the craziness of some of the more... eccentric members of their order.

That was why she was particularly happy to give this good friend a visit, time for earlier promises to spend time together finally allowed by the Masters of the temple. Her small hands rapped along the door in a rhythmical pattern. knock knock... knock.. knock knock....

"Auteme, you in there?"

if they're watching anyways
340_cb20150423231845_3.png

K A S H Y Y Y K
Tag: Jamie Lysle Jamie Lysle

"Come in!" Auteme's voice floated out of the room. At that moment she was a little busy packing up. To be fair she really only had one bag, and she hadn't brought much for her weekend visit to Kashyyyk. Ever since that first visit she'd come to the Silver Rest regularly. On Coruscant she had classes in the morning, work as a scribe in the afternoon -- usually, it did depend on the schedule -- then she studied and stayed at the Temple in the evenings. Her weekends, though, she usually spent trying to attend classes by the various masters among the Silver Jedi. They treated their padawans well here.

After all, those padawans were pretty cool and definitely worth treating well. Case and point, the blonde who entered Auteme's room at her invitation. They didn't know each other the best, but Auteme had already decided that they'd make great friends. They'd partnered up for a few classes now. Still, they hadn't really spent time together outside of that. She wondered why Jamie was coming over today.

"Hey Jamie, how are you?" She closed her notebook and put it in the stack, then placed them one-by-one into the small brown travel bag. There were at least a dozen notebooks, plus a few extra texts and datacards, but no matter what she put into the bag the shape didn't seem to change. She slung it easily over her shoulder as if it weighed nothing. Neatly folded on the bed was a set of clothes and pajamas, which she went to next to put into her bag. "What's up? Are your classes over?"

KASHYYK, SILVER'S REST
Auteme Auteme

The door opened and shut calmly, arms folding with the doors behind her back. Any ideas she had for the day went out the window as soon as she saw all of Auteme's clothes laid out on her bed, a modest amount of outfits. But it wasn't exactly chore day, maybe Auteme had just missed out due to some of her studies.

"Hey Auteme..." The voice trailed off as her mind began to pace. "I thought chore day was supposed to be done a few days ago." A smile grew on Jamie's face as she thought she was the last of the padawans to not miss a chore day. A point of pride. "Do you need any help with all that?"

The Hapan had been hoping that the pair could get away and just hang out, maybe go visit the beach or something.

She didn't exactly hate doing chores, usually doing her own quickly and helping a few notable others. But the pair already had done so much work together in their classes, and the younger Lysle was hoping for some downtime together. Still, if they worked together to do the chores there would surely be some time left in the day to hang out.

Auteme's clothes disappeared into the bag just as everything else had. The nondescript leather satchel was by far the most valuable thing she owned, in part due to the fact that it contained nearly everything she owned. The equipment of a Jedi was so often reduced to just a lightsaber. The Force could be used in so many other ways. A bag that could hold so much and weigh less than a pound? Everyone should've had one. Maybe she could get one for Jamie later.

"Oh, no, it's fine," she said, waving her hand dismissively. "I'm just packing up, I've got to get back to Coruscant in time for work tomorrow. My flight is in a few hours." Auteme was always sparse at the Silver Rest, but this week she'd taken the time to stick around a little longer and attend a few more classes. While she wanted to work with the New Jedi Order and the Alliance there was no doubt that the masters of the Silver Jedi were much more dedicated to training the padawans on Kashyyyk. Still, she hadn't spent enough time there to have gotten used to 'chore day' just yet.

The padawan glanced around the room, double checking that she hadn't forgotten anything. The only thing she had left was the ancient Mandalorian helmet sitting on her desk. The red and grey paint had faded and scratched, but the visor was still as imposing as ever. Auteme picked it up and stared at it for a few moments before putting it in her bag with everything else.

She turned back to Jamie and gave a warm smile. "Can't spend all my time here, sadly. I've got to pretend my real job is important," she joked. "Anyways, is there anything you need? I don't mind lending you my notebook if you need it. I found a few extra sources in the archives on detoxification techniques, so if you need extra information I can give those to you."

// PADAWAN LYSLE //
// KASHYYK, SILVER'S REST //
// Auteme Auteme //

As the olive skinned girl talked, Jamie was more transfixed on the seemingly endless satchel that Auteme Auteme was stuffing all of her clothes too. The Younger Lysle's mind couldn't put together how all of the clothes fit in there, the words of her friend doing little to stop her from being transfixed on the bag. It was very confusing to the poor girl, and Auteme's casual attitude certainly didn't help her figure it out.

"Are we just going to pretend that bag shouldn't fit all of your clothes or what?" It felt like a disservice to the universe to not point out this abuse of the fundamental laws of the galaxy. "Because I'm a little concerned." Hopefully an answer would come, it was honestly very concerning.

Not as concerning as the thought of her friend leaving though.

"Wait, you're leaving the temple?" Jamie had never even considered such a thing, ever since she arrived her entire life revolved around Silver's rest. The thought of leaving was alien to her, life was comfortable here and she enjoyed her friends. "Is this with the GA? Are you gonna be gone a long time this time?" Jamie knew that Auteme left the temple fairly often but she never thought to ask, mild concern about the eventual permanence of the move.

They hardly had spent any time together yet, Jamie had come wanting to spend some time together with her new friend. She couldn't do that if the girl left again.

Last edited:

Auteme grinned. She'd been hoping to explain it all to someone. This bag really was amazing, and it made Auteme want to learn how to enchant objects like that. Plus, it was pretty stylish in her opinion. Hers had dark green detailing that matched her usual dress. Today, though, it clashed a little with her red hoodie and jeans. In some cultures those two colors didn't work all that well together. Function over fashion, anyways.

But first she needed to address Jamie's concerns. It didn't take an empath to tell what the problem was. Still, being an empath helped her figure it out. "Actually... yeah, I'm going to be away for a few weeks," she admitted. "There's a big meeting on Coruscant in a few days about clone rights, and I really need to be there and prep for it. After that, I'm heading to Pantolomin to check out the reefs there. They're supposed to be really beautiful. And then... I think I'm heading to Foerost. Open Jedi thing, actually, though it is supposed to be kind of dangerous..."

Her eyes wandered to the blonde at her door. In a moment of clarity she realized why it was so disconcerting for Jamie -- she rarely left the temple. Auteme couldn't blame her. Back when she'd stayed with the Silver Jedi, she hadn't really wanted to leave, either. She traveled to a few different places for lessons, but when she'd seen the fighting at H'ratth it'd suddenly been clear that she couldn't stay hidden away like that. It took her a while to find a new home at Peace, and now at Coruscant. But she'd certainly needed it. There was a greater galaxy out there.

"Hey, let's go for a walk," she said, starting towards the door. "I'll tell you about my bag."

// Padawan Lysle //
//
Silver's Rest //
// Auteme Auteme //

"Oh wow!" The cautious attitude took an intentional backseat as she tried to take away the awkwardness that came with missing a friend. "You sure do a lot of travelling, don't you? I never leave the temple much myself, to be honest. It would break poor Kiegan's heart I imagine."

The words dragged on, lacking the sincerity that should typically be produced. The truth was Jamie stayed in the temple for herself, her heart not fully committed to the monastic life like her mind was. Truth be told, Jamie longed for the lifestyle that Auteme was living. Not necessarily the politicking, but being able to go wherever you wanted and talk to all sorts of people. That's what Jamie wanted more than anything.

But she also was afraid to go out that far.

"Yeah of course! Can I grab anything for you?" Perking up once again, Jamie looked around the room for something to help with. The magic bag seemed to take care of most of it however, a tad bit of jealousy coming from the Hapan. She kind of wanted one. "I suppose that thing has it all covered though, doesn't it." A giggle came out as she held the door open and waited for her friend to head out.

"Yeah, I've got everything," she assured Jamie. The bag really did hold everything. Having her own personal pocket dimension was weird, but very cool. Sort of like the Force. Still, Auteme had to keep a close eye on her bag wherever she went. If everything she owned was in one bag, she needed to make sure that bag was always on her person. Then again, if someone stole it they wouldn't be able to use it, and it wouldn't be all that hard to find given its presence in the Force.

The two padawans stepped into the hallways of the Silver Rest. The calm, curving architecture reminded her of the wroshyr trees that weren't too far away. The home of the Silver Jedi was a comfortable one. It'd been attacked before, but whenever Auteme walked down the halls she felt safe. If it hadn't been for attacks like that, she could have easily spent her entire life here. She completely understood how Jamie was feeling. The Hapan obviously wanted to see more of the galaxy, to travel, to learn abroad. Auteme had been in the same position just over a year ago. She'd decided to leave because she thought she could do more there -- the freedom was only part of it; she'd lived a traveling life since she was four years old. The change in scenery was almost mandatory for her.

She didn't want tragedy to find Jamie. The girl could explore the galaxy, but Auteme didn't want the opponents of the Jedi to be the reason behind Jamie's leaving of the Silver Rest as it had been for Auteme.

After a little bit of walking, she launched into her own story. "For a time, I did think that I'd just stay here for a while. The Silver Rest is incredible, I mean," she said, gesturing to their beautiful surroundings. "But there came a time when I realized there wasn't everything I wanted here. The lessons are great, the other Jedi are wonderful, but... well, I wasn't traveling enough." She smiled.

"I didn't feel like I was doing enough, with the Silver Jedi. For most of my life I've been traveling and I've seen a lot of good come of people just being there to help. And while I'd traveled to a few different places while I lived here, it wasn't quite the same. I didn't feel like I was making enough of an impact. So I left." She shrugged. That wasn't all of it, but it was the part she wanted to share with Jamie. "I think if you really wanted to, you could travel the galaxy," she told the other padawan. "It's pretty easy to get tickets on star liners. I might even be able to get you a ticket to Coruscant, if you want." Maybe not. Worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom