Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Song From Between The Light and Dark (Public and Joining Faction)

( O.O.C: Poor Jade has had way too many restarts, so I am starting the final draft of her story on her. Well this site's version any whom. If anyone wants to join, please don't abandon her. Once she warms up to you, she will be her nutty self. I am looking for her to join The Jedi Order and a way for her to handle her force sickness condition better. Please bear with me! :) )

It was a cold, dark morning when Jade woke up from her nightly slumber. Yawning, she pushed off the thin scraps of cloth that she used for blankets. Feeling for her staff, Jade pulled herself into a stand and used it to find her way out of the alley. She listened for the speeders and walked down the sidewalk.

To anyone around her, she was just another homeless fool on the street. To most, Jade was a blind vagabond with no way to get or keep a job, someone to be pitied and to toss food or the barest of credits.
However, those thought are far from the truth....

Jade is a rouge force user, a member of an ancient order of neutral force users whom no longer existed. They where obliterated in a way that Jade didn't wish to remember. It was during a past mission in which she became blind. She learned to use force sight to find her way around. It came at a price though.

Jade had tied her life force to the force, leading to a condition which has a tendency to make her very sick. When she is in a location of mainly light or mainly dark, force sickness plagues her. It causes extreme pain on all levels

(OI.. enough of the back story stuff! Ok! Back to the present... )

Jade winced as a deep aching, weight pushed on her shoulders. Turning on her force sight, she saw the outlines of the city and life around her. Digging in a bakery dumpster, Jade found an stale piece of bread and started to munch on it. She was shaking slightly from hunger and fatigue, but it didn't stop her.

She continued down the road, the back of her mind wondering if anyone would even care. It was a laughable concept, but deep down Jade wanted companionship, whether she wanted to admit it or not.

What would today bring? Only one way to find out.

A curving smile graced the blind force users face as she raised up her hood. She wore a worn, torn black cloak that covered her thin, pale body. Underneath was a purple shirt with black trousers. Her black boots make a tapping sound as she walked. There where stains and tears everywhere on her clothing.

Though blind, Jade practically owned these streets. She had been on this blasted city planet for far too long to die.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
A military dropship landed in the plaza nearby. Startling everyone and causing the air to rush away in every direction. Twelve men in dark helmets and black armor disembarked into the street. Forming a parameter with their strange glowing rifles. Strangest of all though, was that these men had Force Auras. They were all Force Adepts. They were all Force Knights.

Then she arrived.

Jessica Matthews of Voss dismounted the dropship and nodded. A teal-colored helm set narrowly upon her eager head. Her red blaster sat easily on her hip and her chrome lightsaber was snug against the small of her back. Her helmet surveyed the dumb-founded and terrified crowd. Yes. This was the spot.

[member="Jade The Rogue"] was nearby. Their target. Their mission.

"Stay with the ship."

Jess commanded with a loud and booming voice. Withdrawing a small golden compass from her pocket and watching it's needle spin around and around. Then it slowly came to a stop. Pointing straight for Jade.

"I have her. Moving now."

Jess followed her compass through the crowd, through the plaza, and towards the bakery. Her quest was locked in. The compass had never turned her wrong. And sure enough. There she was. Clothed in rags and clutching a small staff. Jessica's golden compass froze at the sight of her. Bingo. That had to be her.

"Excuse me ma'am," Jessica put the compass away and stood up straight, "I'm with the Silver Temple of Voss. Do you... Well. Might you have a moment to speak with me?"

Kyrel Ren... Enforcer of Ren, Jedi Slayer. He had been the Supreme Leader's Enforcer and a Master of the Knights of Ren for over two years, and in that time had conquered the world of Mustafar, had fought against numerous Jedi Masters. Massacred a rogue Force Sect on the world of Marzoon and had watched the great Jedi Temples on Ossus Burn. He had heard rumors of a woman blind to the Force yes, but part of a Force Sect the last of her kind. When word of this reached his ears he had thought to himself if one from the Marzoon Academy had survived the massacre and escaped his grasp all those months ago. The thought filled him with rage. He had gathered the coordinates to the world and set out, leaving coordinates for his apprentice [member="Aurora"] should she decide to follow him.

Days later he had arrived in the world wearing his new dark robes He had ventured out from his Upsilon class Shuttle on one of the landing platforms, determined to bring an end to one who possibly escaped him. Now he was here to finish his task or if not dispose of a potential threat to the First Order if in the possible case the individual could not be turned.

After what seemed like hours of wandering he had picked up on two Force Signatures, this one felt more strongly with the light than anything. "A Jedi..." He grinned as he now had two prey instead of one, and a possible challenge. He then found the two that he was looking for, a woman and a figure holding a staff and covered in rags, with which he could not tell if it was a man or woman, but was his target nonetheless. He pulled his hilt out, making his dark signature known as he slowly stepped forward speaking, his core world accent showed that he was most pleased with the find. "Interesting.... A Jedi Master and a target who I have heard so much about.. This has been a very good day indeed." He said as he activated his lightsaber, the crimson blade making a snap-hiss as it came to life and he kept it to his side approaching the two, with a smirk on his face.

[member="Jessica Matthews"]

[member="Jade The Rogue"]

​A disturbance in the force. Kenshin had felt it. A large number of force users were going to gather here, in a place with no temple or order. Something, whether violent or merely interesting, was going to happen. Either way, he had to be there, to protect the innocents or learn something new. Kenshin walked into the plaza, and felt the world around him with the force. Many people, many stories he felt around him, but there were two presences greater than the rest. He supposed that he should go to see them, as they didn't seem to be fighting.

​"I felt a stronger presence in the force here. Is everything alright?"

​Kenshin spoke in a passive tone to [member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Jessica Matthews"] , not wishing to aggravate them if they turned out to be Sith or some other darker force.

Hearing the ship as it landed, Jade knew it wasn't of a normal transport ship. Sensing the force aura of the people getting off, she slowly crept away from the ship.

The item they had was pulling at her. Jade nearly cursed mentally as she realized it was a tracking device for finding force users. She made herself seem relaxed as the girl came near, but kept a hand on her lightsaber. "Yes?" She asked in a soft tone. "Apparently you think me easy to take. You'll find yourself very wrong if you try."

She did hear the snap hiss of the Sith's lightsaber, but did not draw her weapon. "Fools." She said, allowing the dark side to make her voice hiss. Her force energy became as an eager hound, ready for her command.

"Both of you must be stupid if you can drag me under your hand."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jessica held up a hand.

[member="Kyrel Ren"] and [member="Kenshin Mamoru"] , two unknown persons to her, had arrived. This changed things.

Back in the plaza, twelve Knights in black armor turned their heads in Kyrel's direction. Sensing Jessica however, they immediately nodded to each other. Turning invisible to the naked eye. They returned to the dropship and departed to the fridge of the operation's area. They would not interfere. This was Jessica's game now.

Jessica nodded as they received her mental command. With her strike force departed now. She could actually get to work.

She lowered her hand and looked to [member="Jade The Rogue"] first,

"Peace. I mean you no harm. Trust in the Force and you will know me. Soon."

Then she looked to Kyrel and drew no weapon. Instead standing tall and ready. She spoke,

"Black One. I acknowledge you. Speak and be heard."

As for Kenshin. He could wait.

Sensing the capabilities the woman displayed and what looked like to be a threat and so he extended his hand out quickly, using the dark energy against her in an attempt to freeze her in place via Force Stun. As he walked forward slowly his cape swaying in the wind as he made his way over, not only was it him but a second Jedi as well. He might have to make a stand against the two today, but his main target was the girl.

As the Jedi Master told him to speak, he scoffed before he spoke. He said looking at her. "A year ago I laid waste to the Marzoon Academy of the Marzoon system, a sect of Force users dwelled there and by the command of the Supreme Leader, I destroyed it along with its members. I believe I have missed one, and so I have come to either turn her and bring her back to First Order space or kill her and finish what I started now stand aside. I have no quarrel with you Jedi."

He said as he slowly made his way over to the girl, chuckling as she thought herself a threat to him as he approached he spoke, keeping his saber to his side still activated. "You think you are a threat to me woman.... You only know an inkling of your power. You are merely a child if you think you stand a chance against me. Then you are mistaken."

[member="Jessica Matthews"] [member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Kenshin Mamoru"]

Jade felt the tentacles of dark side energy surround her like a constrictor. Reaching out, she used her own force energy to relax the force stun. While she couldn't get rid of it entirely, Jade still had a trick up her sleeve.

"I don't think I can cross you, Ren, I know I can. Older than I look." With that, she pushed the tentacles away and dissapeared. Usingbthe force, she formed a cloak that his her physically and force wise.

Jade slipped away, far from these people.

When Aurora had seen [member="Kyrel Ren"] 's message, she'd wasted no time jumping into her TIE Silencer and speeding off towards the coordinates. On the way she changed from her normal clothes to her -black and dark grey- ren robes. As she neared the site she spotted several ships and landed near one. Grabbing her lightsaber and slipping on her new helm she ran out and towards where she could sense a gathering.
Just as she arrived she saw [member="Jade The Rogue"] vanish- clearly trying to run. Swiftly she made a sprint past Kyrel, who she hoped would recognise her though doubted it seeing that this was the first time she'd worn her helmet. Seeing a nearby bakery she force pulled some sacks of flour from its doorway- the white powder flooding the streets and revealing where the target was. She then let her lightsaber activate into its blood orange and swung at the woman's head.

[member="Jessica Matthews"] [member="Kenshin Mamoru"]

Jade ducked and reappeared, no longer hiding.

*snap!* a black and purple lightsaber met the orange one. "Why ya wanna kill little old me? I'm not a threat." She taunted.

​Kenshin sighed. He had been hoping that there wouldn't be any violence, and that he wouldn't have to draw his lightsaber. Unfortunately, it seemed unlikely now, but he would still try to end this peacefully.

​"Sith... Always to violent. Such is their way, ruling through fear..."

​He walks up to [member="Aurora"] and [member="Jade The Rogue"] , standing between them.

​"There is no need to fight. We can argue without the use of weapons. And anyway, you would do better to train her, and keep her alive..."

Kenshin made sure that [member="Kyrel Ren"] and [member="Jessica Matthews"] could hear this. They were the ones who wanted her, not him. He simply wanted this to end peacefully. He planned with a calm mind his next actions.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jess was just kinda scratching her head at this point.

Huh.

So after a moment in thought, she shrugged, and turned to [member="Kyrel Ren"] with a smile,

"Well. This is different."

Hidden under her helmet, Aurora was grinning.
"I'm not a sith but it all depends on- oh fu... Is that what I sound like?" She asked, getting used to the alteration the helm gave to her voice, much lower and clearly meant to be intimidating though from where she was standing it was god damn hilarious, a deep chuckle echoing the streets.

She let her lightsaber fall to her waist as she turned to [member="Kyrel Ren"].

"*deep giggles*- you want me to kill her right?"

[member="Jade The Rogue"] [member="Jessica Matthews"] [member="Kenshin Mamoru"]

Kyrel for a moment was stunned by the woman's disappearance but he was more then skilled in Force Sense to find her, and was about to if it wasn't for his apprentice showing up, completely unaware of his presence as she tried to engage the woman in combat. Kyrel clenched his fist and felt his rage increasing as he did not think this was how his apprentice was going to accomplish his goal. He deactivated the crimson blade as she engaged the woman wielding both a black and purple sabers.

At this point, even the Jedi Master was shaking her head as she looked at Kyrel dumbfounded by the situation that took place. The Knight was suggesting that the situation did not need to be solved through the clash of lightsabers. True Kyrel did not wish for conflict at the moment, but his apprentice however did, and even in her armor, he could recognize her.

His anger was now boiling as she giggled and asked him if he wanted the woman to remain alive. He then moved with fury kneeing her in the gut before responding coldly. "If you were listening, Apprentice. I said I wanted her alive.. Not to make a scene..." He then looked to the Jedi Master first and then the Knight. "My apologies for her insolence.... As for you Jedi Knight... We are not Sith, we are something far different. We are the Sith's Successors."

He then walked over to the woman who was wielding her blades. His saber clipped to his belt as he mustered up a smile. "My Apologies for my Apprentice's rude behavior but I would like to make an offer if you are willing to listen?"

@Aurora [member="Jessica Matthews"] [member="Kenshin Mamoru"] [member="Jade The Rogue"]

Jade gave a cold laugh. "Right, you call yourself Ren. Either way, I'm not joining the dark. I intend on staying neutral. There must be at least one true neutral left to keep the force in balance."

She his the fact that an old, familiar weight was on her shoulders. Her force sickness was returning, but Jade pushed it aside.

Staying straight, the rougue acknowledged everyone around. "Now, why am I popular once again? Last time, the Jedi, those self righteous fools, accused me of a Sith crime. "

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jess raised an eyebrow in pleasent surprise. Luckily, Lord [member="Kyrel Ren"] was quick to rectify the wild situation and regain control.

Hell. It was almost sexy the way he understood good civil command. Well done. I mean... Sorry you had to knee your Apprentice in the gut but? Well. Let's be honest. Sometimes you just got to show the younger generation how it's done. Master Matthews could respect that.

In fact. She was so impressed that she remained silent so that Lord Ren could deliver his offer to [member="Jade The Rogue"] in peace.

Kyrel was not in the mood for killing today, he had only wished to gain another asset for the Ren, and would not push her except he required her to think about it. To at least give the thought of knowing what true power was a chance, but if not then perhaps he would either be on his way, or perhaps he would kill her for being an inconvenience.

He spoke, his core world accent sounded soft as he spoke. "Neutral.... Such a ridiculous notion girl. There is only the Light and the Dark. There is no in between. With the Knights of Ren, you can be given so much more than this, but I will let you think on this for now. All I ask is that you may considerate it."

He then walked back to the Jedi Master with which he had to admit was attractive to the eyes, despite her being apart of the Order to which he burned down the temples of on Ossus and even despite that. Towards some women he could be kind, he gave a smile as he said. "My apologies for all this Master Jedi. I wish we could have gotten to know each other under better circumstances." He said as he watched the young woman patiently waiting while killing time interacting with the Jedi.

[member="Jessica Matthews"] [member="Jade The Rogue"] @Aurora [member="Kenshin Mamoru"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Jess pursed her lips at the tense interaction between [member="Jade The Rogue"] and [member="Kyrel Ren"] . It was going to be one of those days. She just knew it. Matthews likewise shrugged again and threw Jade the golden compass. Smiling as she spoke next,

"Here. ...This is yours. It can give you some guidance in the dark days to come. Trust the Force and you'll see."

She left the small device to be a mystery. For a mystery it was. Even to her. Though, Jessica was sure that in Jade's hands it would be exactly what it needed to be. A new way forward. A light in the lonely dark. Indeed. Even a road map to Denebe. The home of The Jedi Order.

"Ahem. Well. Anyway." She turned back to [member="Kyrel Ren"] , "Thank you for your time Lord Ren. I bid you both, adieu."

Ignoring the others, Master Matthews turned to take her leave. Jade was more than skilled enough to handle herself around this town and [member="Kenshin Mamoru"] was, well... Jessica had know idea what Mamoru was. But I'm sure he'd do fine too.

She gave a tap of her teal helm and slowly removed herself from the walkway. Mission complete.

___

*exit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom