Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Skies Above | Viceroyalty Meeting [ CIS ]

As Tmoxin absorbed the room she began to pick up on the tension and nuance. Darth Metus she’d know the longest and had no reason not to trust him. Srina Talon and Lyla Quinn? There was always appreciation and even confidence in the Hapan’s face when more women were at the table. As she focused on Derek speaking, he became the welcome eye in her mental hurricane, so she quieted her thoughts and listened.

While a strong connection between the Confederacy and the Hapan monarchy had been made on her trip, that specifically would be filed away in a report. What was transpiring before her held much more gravitas, so much that Tmoxin felt rooted to her chair for a moment.

She then listened to Darth Metus’s rebuttal. Her background was also within the military so the words he spoke made sense. The redhead pulled up the meeting recording on her datapad and rewound to read through the Exarch proposal. A few extra-late Viceroys entered the room and Lyla Quinn spoke first, giving her support to Darth Metus. Derek spoke again along with Jorco Czeku. She noticed a pause and took the opportunity to voice her own concerns:

“From what I can tell Exarch is a duplicative position, and I’m not sure I fully understand the benefit. Why not build up the Viceroy’s lower level roles so that the Viceroy can travel, solidify alliances and trade deals. But I understand that is only one of the issues at play.”

Furrowing her brow, Tmoxin realized this was a difficult subject to weigh in on. As a former commander for the One Sith, even on Lok she kept a skeleton crew at a hidden location that she’d turned into a military base, her militia in accordance with the Charter. Leading an army in defense or offense of the Confederacy held it’s appeal, but ultimately the Hapan felt Commander-in-Chief alongside the other responsibilities of Viceroy would either add to the burden of the role, stretching the planet leaders thin or become subject to abuse.

Despite her personal ambition, which always tugged there at the back of her consciousness Tmoxin said: “There is a clear conflict of interest, not to mention the potential for each planet to have its own little fiefdom. I agree with Vicelord Dib. The military should be a separate branch, consolidated under the Confederacy, leadership subject to a vote by each planet constituent. It is unfortunate, Darth Metus but I cannot support the proposal and my vote is no.”

[member="Kip Ridel"], [member="Rex Taff"], [member="Rapax"], [member="Lyla Quinn"], [member="Derek Dib"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Galven Hansol"], [member="Dalton Kenway"], [member="Jorco Czeku"], [member="Tarssin Destat"], [member="Darth Malus"], [member="Archim Calixis"]

Do you hear that beat? Is it the percussive undertones of a complex melody or the rhythmic pulse of a living heart?

It's politics, my dear. They are one and the same.

[SIZE=10.5pt]The aged and formidable [member="Archim Calixis"], Viceroy of Zhar, was the first to get a response in. Kip had a number of encounters with the Iskalloni, each yielding complicated but predictable results. And yet a galaxy filled with a multitude of diverse individuals managed to persist in surprising him, as the figure took a position quite contrary to Kip's expectations - a humbling note on the vices of prejudice. As a matter of fact, Kip found the figure's views quite parallel to his own. A fact he aimed to address when the topic returned to the Exarch vote.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The next player had an even louder presence in the grand political concerto and Kip listened intently to the dissonance between [member="Derek Dib"] and [member="Darth Metus"]. The clash of ideals between a powerful and well-respected figure such as Lord Metus and the pragmatic necessities of functional politics always met with such discord. And yet while each note individually had no wrong, the notes together often evoked an unsettling discord. Kip, however, was a pragmatist, and found himself more partial to systems than to individuals. Individuals - even death-defying Sith, were temporary in the grand scheme. But systems were an abstract. Intangibility was both a virtue and vice in the scope of permanence. Governments rise and fall, but the systems those governments require, the cornerstones upon which most non-totalitarian social systems are founded, are nearly as axiomatic and objective as the Force itself.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]It seemed many others were in accord on this matter, including various other figures that Kip had seen but had yet to meet such as [member="Tmoxin Temi"] and [member="Jorco Czeku"]. But one figure stood clearly for the Vicelord: [member="Lyla Quinn"]. Her stance brought a different kind of a smile to his face than his typical political staging. It was a smile born out of a deep-rooted respect and admiration - specifically, for her strength of character and loyalty to those whom she respects.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Kip made room to speak and opened and courteous and playful tone, "Vicelord, Viceroys, Ministers, most of whom I have not yet met, but all whom I'm looking forward to having the pleasure of meeting soon. For those of you who do know me know I tend to wax poetic. It's with a heavy heart that I inform you that these votes will be no different. I think you in advance for your patience and indulgence.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Some years ago, I encountered a world whose native species just began the process of integrating with a larger federation. For the first time in their entire history, these people had managed to put aside their differences and joined a larger government body as one people. They were granted a seat on the council and were afforded all of the privileges that the membership had to offer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Under the banner of this Federation, the world grew ever prosperous and political opinion of the Federation and its leadership was high. But war has a way of swaying public opinion. When the Federation came at odds with the growing threat of an empire quite distant to the native's home world, support of the Federation waned. Many of the Native's military was committed to the Federation and the Federation's military was under the command of a board consisting of a relatively few amount of Federation generals, none of which included the Natives. Suffice to say, when it came time to deploy those troops, the decisions about the lives of the soldiers from that Homeworld had no voice. After the generals organized a strategic lost that cost the lives of thousands of Natives, the Native councilman promptly resigned his seat on the council and the world separated from the Federation.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]With a long pause, Kip’s posture and demeanor changed fluidly, from a storyteller to politician. His openness and welcoming smile devolved into a face of practicality: a face devoting to conveying policy rather than emotion.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]“It’s within the context of this world’s history that I base my vote on the extension of the Vicelord’s title and power to Commander-In-Chief, along with the implications set forth from the title. While there are a number of advantages, not least of which the speed of political authority and execution in a time of crisis, the dangers are numerous. Most importantly, it's my experience that having a single authority commanding the lives of men and women serving for their home worlds will create tension among natives at the least, rebellion at the worst. People like the assurance that they have a voice of power, most importantly when it involves the lives of their husbands, wives, and children who are deployed to fight for their Confederacy."

Kip turned his attention to [member="Darth Metus"], “The Vicelord has an impressive record. And, indeed, I stand behind any military leader who is willing to enter any battle that he commits the lives of his troops. But legislation, in my view, should never be crafted for a single man - regardless of his merits. It should be crafted neutrally, bearing in mind the worst-case-scenario of a figure who comes into that same position of power who does not also have the same merits or honor as he who presently possesses the title.

Finally, Kip moved his gaze to [member="Derek Dib"], nodding an affirmation, "I second Mr. Dib's and Ms. Tmoxin's recommendation about leaving mlitary decisions to a different branch and a minister of war providing an explicit limitation that the minster of war's power cannot execute anything beyond a consensus vote of the Viceroyalty and the Vicelord.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Kip glanced around the room, knowing he was taking up a large amount of time. But there were certain points he felt necessary to add. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Time would tell if Kip spoke too much too soon. But of all his numerous critiques, timidness was not among them. He was appointed to a position of power and he would fill that role to its fullest, right from the start and without hesitation. [/SIZE]

“Greatest advice I was ever given? Always play your part strong. Always play your part proud. Even a wrong note or a misplaced entrance can be confused with an intentional solo.” - Corna Dol, Mandoviolist

Arriving late to a meeting was slowing becoming an uncharacteristic habit for the Mikkoni crown princess. As she quietly slipped into the room and took a datapad from one of her attendants, Tamar silently scanned the proceedings as the meeting continued on as though she had not previously been involved; regardless of any frustration that had been propagated by the information that she was running over in the information that was now sitting in her hands.

The Vicelord had proposed a case that was provisionally sound, to the detail that his position had already, inadvertently, implied the conditions he had proposed before the council of Viceroys and Ministers. It was the distinct adjustment of the positions duties in a public manner that she assessed as the primary concern of the Viceroys who had voted against rather unceremoniously; in her eyes at the very least. It was with a glance up and about the room that she scanned each of the attending viceroys faces and solidified her thoughts.

With her thoughts falling back to her brother, the consolidation of her planets defenses and the increasing admiration for her brothers position the lykoan closed her eyes and drew in a slow breath. It was her position on her home world that had encouraged her place in meetings such as these and it was due to the actions of the Vicelord that her home maintained the consistency of it's prosperity.

Something she could not forget so easily.

"While I would first like to apologize for arriving late to this meeting, I would speak my piece before this becomes more convoluted than it already has," she uttered through her exhale with a moderate haste that she felt the others could follow. It was the point that had been made by Tmoxin she felt needed to be addressed first, due to the nature of what appeared to be a misunderstanding. "I realize that Viceroy Temi's words are in the right place, there is the matter of each planet being capable of governing itself and it's own that has gone without question within the Confederacy since the day my brother and the Mikkoni Empire joined. While every citizen may not see it as such, as many often do, each planet within the reach and bounds of the Confederacy does, in fact, have it's own fiefdom."

"It is the very nature of the Confederacy and it's leaning towards individual planetary freedom, under a provisional umbrella of regulations, that each planet maintains it's own defenses, military and government. In only a short time my brother has overseen the modification and advancement of our worlds defenses in light of our previous campaign against the Galactic Empire. While none of our actions were to be considered acts of aggression, they were acts of military and technological independence, by way of their Mikkoni centric nature, on the part of my people.

That being understood, I feel there is no reasonable position here that should raise question the matter of fiefdoms with the consideration of that aspect of the Confederacy; my words spoken as both true and elected royalty." She allowed herself to trail, her composure never cracking as her ice cold eyes flicked to Tmoxin and then to the rest of the individuals in the room. She, however, did not stop there as she once again drew in a breath and set the data pad in her hands against the table before her with yet more words needed to be spoken; her eyes turning to Derek momentarily before she spoke.

"On the matter of the Vicelord and his proposition for standing as commander-in-chief, it is my opinion that his actions on Tatooine, Mikko and several other worlds within the Confederacy's campaign to bring freedom to planets in this region clarify the position. The concern I see as the raised issue by Viceroy Dib, not to discredit his concerns, is that a privately conceptualized notion of the Vicelord's position is being proposed as a public definition of a previously ambiguous title. While the Vicelord has always been one to step forward as the acting commander in various battles, his position has never been stated as commander-in-chief by way of popular vote.

While I have my own reservations, many of them due in part to the cyborg General and the previous supreme commander, I do not feel that dubbing the Vicelord commander-in-chief entails any kind of active military role." She paused for but a moment to angle her icy gaze towards Metus, whom she calculated for but a few moments, then continued. "The matter we must all face, at hand, is that the Vicelord will continue to act as commander-in-chief regardless if he is recognized as such in a public manner. It is a matter of whether or not we wish to define the Vicelord title as we all know it to be: A conglomeration of roles provisional to the judgement of himself and the peers around him. Something I have not seen issue with in my time as a part of this council.

That said, I would like to say that whether or not he can die or whether or not he takes an active military role are of no relevance. Commander-in-chief does not entail fighting, nor does it entail complete control over any aspect of the military; as with the rest of his influence without the rest of our positions. What matters here is that we require someone to put forward the will of the Confederacy's best interests while the Viceroys and their worlds do what is best for their own within the parameters of that motion. Much as I and my brother have done with our home.

It is for those reasons, independent from the motion of the position of Exarch, that I vote yes to the proposition by the Vicelord to be publicly recognized as commander-in-chief of the Confederacy's primary military forces; with the provision that that power continues to remain non-influential of individual planets autonomy in their own provisional military position."

Slowly, as she finished, the lyrkoan princess leaned back into her chair and considered once more the words she had spoken. While she imagined that this would not bode well for her in regards to the politics and social manner with those Viceroys she had disagreed with, she had no real reservations to conflict with her determination on the matters she had been briefed upon by her brother when he had volunteered her for the position she now sat in among her peers. All that remained was to wait for the remaining viceroys and ministers to cast their votes and determine the fate of the Vicelord's proposal.

While she could not say why such tedious reservations had been presented by her fellow Viceroys, she would not allow any detail to go without clarification.

[member="Kip Ridel"], @Rex Taff, @Rapax, @Lyla Quinn, [member="Derek Dib"], @Darth Metus, @Galven Hansol, [member="Dalton Kenway"], [member="Jorco Czeku"], [member="Tarssin Destat"], [member="Darth Malus"], [member="Archim Calixis"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

With: Seated Beside [member="Xenro"] [In a very freshly borrowed body, special, for the occasion.]

aless3.png

Alessandra had walked in a little bit later than most with a rather strange looking man on her arm. [[member="Xenro"]] He was neither too charming nor too dull. Everything about him seemed to be just a little waxy, with an almost palpable air of dread, but the Creed child didn’t seem to mind. If there was anything out of place none would have been the wiser. She was dressed simply in a pair of dark leather pants and a crimson blouse that were partially hidden by a formal belted jacket. Taupe colored lapels were folded down neatly, iron pressed, and she carried a charcoal black briefcase. She had been keeping an eye on the proceedings via the convenience of a data-pad and so far was not entirely impressed. Had she not been told upon accepting this position that they were all on the same page? Did they not know the oppressive sufferings that other worlds endured under the purview of such large nations?

Perhaps, they had simply spent too long tending their own rose beds.

Political grandstanding was a vocation that she delegated to the actual snakes. Alessandra held favor for contracts, tariffs, tangible problems, with tangible solutions—the proper transfer of credits from one holding to another. Debating legislation was another thing entirely. The Minister of Commerce was not in charge of a planet, not like many others in the room, but she did handle most of the general finances of the Confederacy. In many ways, despite their very hands-off approach, her duties should, at the very least reserve an edge of focus. A Minister was still part of the Viceroyalty. Their votes still mattered. They both claimed an empty seat beside one another, giving the accurate impression that they knew each other, at least on a base level.

“Forgive our late arrival. We were detained due to an abrupt abdication of a ministry position. Might I introduce you to the rightful successor for Rex Taff—our new Minister of Science. He has been working beneath the previous Minister and will be able to handle any unfinished projects with haste. Requisitions, if necessary, can be submitted the same way.”

Alessandra called him by a few names, several less than polite when he tried to stretch the constraints of an assistant’s budget, but he could choose how to introduce himself. It would be more prudent, considering his voice usually came through a proxy to keep from being a walking cause of a myocardial infarction to the faint of heart. The truth about the shadowy was a distant cloud. Yet, results could not be denied. Many things that they had today were because of the dedication he had put forth, despite, his varied interests.

The raven-haired woman would not soon forget the true form that had graced her office one blissful afternoon. It was a shock, and a fright. This shell was a kindness to the Viceroyalty they now faced.

They entered just in time to see and hear the speech of [member="Tamar M'Raki"]. Alessandra was surprised. It was unfeeling and straight to the point—but said everything the Minister of Commerce was thinking of and then some. She did not feel the need to add to it when everything else would merely sound redundant. It was pretty to think that the leader of a nation could always hide behind droids and laws but it was impractical. A people needed to see their leader. They needed to know that they would bleed for their cause, fight, and win or die trying. They, along with their enemies, needed to see strength or at least the illusion of it. Not weakness.

Moreover, the Vicelord led by example. It had brought them through the ongoing disagreement with the Empire and continued to see them stand strong.

The Charter was unclear. It was a faulty piece of legislation that, clearly, required an overhaul. If Alessandra placed herself in the shoes of any of the men and women at the table she could imagine their reservations. Placing too much power in someone could lead to corruption. Yet, not giving enough, especially when it had been enacted without words all this time without fail was just as damaging. It expressed no confidence. That, was worse, than anything.

“The Minister and I have been following along during transit. We have weighed the arguments of both sides and have found that several valid concerns have been raised on either end of the spectrum. All that being said we believe that a compromise is in order.”, Alessandra spoke, clearly, but professionally. This was just another board meeting. Another deal that needed to be brokered. ”The Ministers are currently directly beneath the Vicelord. Our duties are vast. We cannot compensate for all he must do while still performing our own day-to-day tasks. Extending the office of the Vicelord by way of two Exarchs adds additional protection and stability to the nation and also extends his reach. They should, of course, be bound by the will of the Vicelord and the same standards he is beholden to but we must all remember that [member="Darth Metus"] is one man.”

“An Exarch, for example, can go to a location that may have a threat level that exceeds the reasonable placement of the Vicelord. They can be where he cannot. They can travel to places he cannot. As Viceroy M’Raki stated previously…This is something that has already been done to my understanding. All we have is a difference in terminology and an added layer of oversight to provide support and accountability.”

“Our votes will be in favor of what the Vicelord has proposed, with, a few clarifications and an amendment to the charter.”

It was not an unreasonable request to ask for a little concession, especially, when they were essentially asking for another degree of separation between themselves and a seat of high power. Alessandra was fine with being the backup plan of a backup plan. These were very, very large shoes, and it was nigh impossible to keep Darth Metus out of danger. Whether he found it, or it found him, it was ever-present. “With that in mind, there are still other Viceroyals that need to cast their opinion. Some will weigh in remotely. Some will be arriving momentarily.”

aless3.png

[member="Kip Ridel"], [member="Lyla Quinn"], [member="Derek Dib"], [member="Darth Metus"], [member="Galven Hansol"], [member="Dalton Kenway"], [member="Jorco Czeku"], [member="Tarssin Destat"], [member="Darth Malus"], [member="Archim Calixis"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Xenro

Nox Aeternum.
He might have selected a less traditionally attractive body, if it had been his decision. The directions given to [member="Alessandra Creed"] after constant insistence that he back her in this endeavor were "I need a body, preferably fresh." It was hardly a drawn out process to prepare it, given the lack of any immediate need for preservation. A more bloated corpse would have taken days to get in suitable condition. Formaldehyde had a very distinct odor, as well- it may have raised a few eyebrows, if nothing else. Still, the newly appointed Minister of Science could hardly complain. His cooperation meant extra funding for research and development.

He made certain the wounds were properly closed and the stitches suitably concealed by his attire- woefully, markedly underdressed in comparison to the Viceroyalty before him. As the Mistress of Coins introduced him, he nodded his head cordially- the protocols among various agencies never truly interested him, after all- and followed her cue.

"Minister Viktor Chevchenko," he greeted in the voice afforded by his current body. Memories were created and stored between cells and synapses, so before they all decomposed, certain fleeting things could be stimulated by way of the Force. It was a phenomena not unlike watching one's life flash before their eyes; only in this case, Xenro watched someone else's. In life, he must have been an unfortunate man.

Scenes of lustful encounters, brutal beatings, dirty dealings gone wrong, and violent episodes washed across his bleary senses as he drudged up half truths to obfuscate his own identity. Of course, Metus was fully aware of who he was. What he was. They had an accord.

And it only made sense for him to support the current gesture. More power in hand for Darth Metus meant de facto more freedom for himself. "Words on paper, of course," he added, "formalities. All present here understand that while the laws and regulations are important, the duty of leadership is a fluid thing, and the galaxy is in a state of constant turmoil. The importance of giving freedom to act in time of need to those who stand for us is Paramount."

They rehearsed the words several times, though it was arduous and truth be told, Xenro never had any love for politics. Viktor once dreamt of importance, though. His lifeless corpse still yearned after relevance. Perhaps it was that which allowed the mortal form to absorb everything so easily. He ate it all up, and relished the thought that he could stand on an equal level with decadence.

The body did, at least. The spirit was long gone. Xenro often wondered about whether the flesh or the spirit were the source of emotion- that humorous response humans had to anything and everything. He tasted it only when he wore the flesh of another, or drank deep from them. His own had never properly manifested- rather, they had, but he never came to understand them.

"While the prospect of giving far reaching protections to the Vicelord himself is noble, it also smacks of fear and loathing. The people need to see their leadership lead, lest they lose faith and confidence. Ours is a delicate governance, one of great freedom, and for that we are fortunate- but the nature of man is fickleness, and without a reason to remain loyal, they would never remain that way long."

He steepled his fingers, still adjusting to the unfamiliar fleshiness of this right hand.

"I see more compelling reason to allow him a front line place than to deny him such. With the addition of two Exarchs, that duty can also be reasonably delegated as well. There are many benefits to this arrangement, I think you will come to see in time."

Blah, blah, blah...

His eyes moved over the crowd lazily, considering their musculature, posture, various skin tones and even small, barely detectable discrepancies in their anatomy. Such fascinating creatures, so seized with their importance and propriety... ah, they were the best kind of specimen.

He offered a forced smile to his companion, letting out a timed breath to pander to the illusion of having a pulse.

How very droll.

A discussion back and forth, it seemed to go on. The more the viceroy spoke, the more he was gaining votes yet Cora wondered because the Vicelord spoke of a necessity in his proposals. Cora listened to all arguments, saw reason in most of it and yet when most of them had spoken, she leaned slightly in. "I can see the arguments as valid. Your seconds require a name and a face or their representation holds no ground. My vote is thus for the implementation of such an Exarch Act," Cora shared. However, she did have to wonder.

It was true, she was new to her role and her time off Ando had been brief but in her familiarization of the charter, she could see each of the arguments as valid. One man wished the address the mass of the power placed in one man and kept pointing out the necessity to keep the first man of the Confederacy out of harm's way while the other wanted to further solidify his roles.

"I do however have a couple of questions. Does the Vicelord not have authority to give orders in dire situations? In a time of war, would he not have authority to command his people?" Cora wondered, her emerald gaze focused on [member="Darth Metus"] as she waited for clarification, her mind was however already working through what [member="Derek Dib"] had pointed out. "Would it appease the Viceroys if you traded the role of Chief Justice with the role of Commander-in-Chief perhaps? As it is, a Vicelord cannot denounce his role of the diplomat or his executive powers. In theory, we could argue the necessity of having legality to command the Confederacy force but perhaps a Chief Justice could be delegated to another individual or even to the Exarchs?" In a sense, perhaps being Commander-in-Chief was a priority in comparison to the role she was suggesting to be denounced. Perhaps. Cora had no intention of dragging out the voting but clearly, the Viceroy and those that voted against the Vicelord's suggestion wanted a compromise of sorts.

[member="Kip Ridel"] [member="Alessandra Creed"] [member="Xenro"] [member="Lyla Quinn"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Chikako Liona"] [member="Galven Hansol"] [member="Dalton Kenway"] [member="Tamar M'Raki"] [member="Jorco Czeku"] [member="Marcus Lund"] [member="Vyra Silara"] [member="Archim Calixis"] [member="Tarssin Destat"] [member="Xenro"]

Dalton looked from face to face at the vote going on, and while he had missed the meat of the debate, he pieced together what the outcome was going to be

”I think we need to hear a little more on your view before we find an agreement on such a topic, wouldn’t you say?”

He looked at [member="Darth Metus"] – a man he had little interaction with and was still trying to figure out. What lay beneath that exterior? How far was his sights honed in on power and control as a servant of the Dark Side of the Force but one who stood against those who abused its power? He had seen it happen time and time again.

”Just how much power and control can one man handle before it all gets too great to contain?”

He rested his right hand on the table, gently tapping his fingers and maintaining that steely gaze in his eyes.

"A few points of clarity before the offworld votes are tallied:

"The 'power' I ask for is nothing more than what I have already been doing. As Commander-in-Chief, I will have the ability to, in an official capacity, direct our armed forces on and off active battlefields. My role as Vicelord is still subject to the Charter and the authority of my peers here in the Viceroyalty. By the will of the planets, I can be removed at any moment can I not? Therefore, I am not seeking ultimate power within the Confederacy or even a level that can be abused. I simply desire to be officially fulfilling a role that I actively perform."

"But with this role come innate limitations. The dedicated, Confederate military is composed of primarily droids and officers. But each world possesses and maintains its own militant presence as well. I can point the droid army in a direction - I cannot tell a planet to point their own military in the same direction. Commander-in-Chief applies, exclusively, to the standing Confederate military."

"Next, the mantle of Chief Justice allows me to supervise the Knights Obsidian. But the balance to this is that I am subject to their Justice first. If I falter or attempt to lead the Confederacy down a path reminiscent of the Empires we battle, then it is their duty to remove me. By force if necessary. For one of my abilities, it is the ultimate check and balance. For this reason I would like to maintain the role of Chief Justice and officially be recognized as Commander-in-Chief."

"Fourth, I cannot declare war by myself. I cannot launch a dedicated combat operation by myself. Even as Vicelord and unofficially acting as Commander, all foreign expeditions on a grand scale required the approval of the Viceroyalty. Our strike on Kamino required a vote. Tatooine required a vote. Even if the ability to direct our nation's forces is officially provided, I cannot attack on a whim."

"Fifth, I will make a concession to Viceroy Dib. While I will never agree to a wholly non-combativr role, what I will agree to is a restrained presence on a battlefield. If we are embarking on an Expedition into a blighted territory, launching a full scale invasion, or otherwise engage in planet scale combat I will agree to stay aboard my own flagship. My presence will be known to those on the battlefield - our sons will know I fight with them - but there will at least be a fleet between myself and the enemy. Is that a fair concession?"

[member="Dalton Kenway"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Derek Dib"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Cora deWinter"], [member="Kip Ridel"]

The door to the conference room swished open.

“Very fair, Vicelord, at least from my perspective,” came the bright, assertive voice.

The shimmering blue hologram of the Queen of Relovian, having sat quietly in observation most of the meeting, flickered and distorted, disappearing from its chair at the table as the ‘real’ Vyra Silara marched through the entrance on a mission. “Forgive my absence,” she said, tone casually contrite though her bold stride and confident lift of her chin contradicted her inflection. “Relovian is making great progress in our efforts to unite all its people for peace and progress, but my participation was required for further negotiations on the journey here. I’m sure everyone gathered understands how…delicate such matters can be.” With a small, knowing smile at her fellow Viceroys, Vyra took her seat quickly and without ceremony, two of her Handmaidens gliding silently into place behind her chair. Where she was clad in simple but fitted blue and white silk, they were cloaked in form-concealing navy and grey, their faces obscured behind thin veils. But their eyes followed every movement at the table with sharp clarity.

“I’ve kept up with the discussion through the holo communication,” the ex-senator stated, folding her hands on the table in front of her and briefly meeting the eyes of each present with a pleasant expression and a respectful nod. “Quite honestly, much of what I’d planned to add has already been presented by our Minister of Commerce, and the Vicelord has just addressed my concerns and answered my questions on the matters at hand. You’ve all raised excellent points. I see no reason to be repetitive. As such, I shall add my vote of full support for both the official clarification and recognition of our Vicelord as Commander-In-Chief and the proposal of dual Exarchs.”

As the final remarks were made by those present, the remainder of the Viceroyalty began to enter their votes. There were some who agreed with the stances of the honorable Viceroy of Siskeen, and others who did not. However, it seemed as though, as far as the Holo-Conference was concerned, another voice took center stage behind the scenes. Whilst the Vicelord and his comrades “argued” in person, the representative of Melida/Daan levied her own agenda for those attending over the airwaves. And, it was she who presented the final tally, among her own thoughts:

My honorable peers, I hereby announce the following:

The Proposal Laid forth by our Vicelord has passed under the following definitions:

1. The office of Vicelord has been amended to include Commander-in-Chief.
2. The office of Vicelord has been amended to include Exarch.

We have also voted to
decline the Vicelord’s concession. Speaking from personal experience, there is no other nation whose leaders are so willing to get their hands dirty. Who are willing to brave the horrors that face our worlds, and our children. Is it a risk? Yes. But our Vicelord is no stuffy politician either. We live in a Galaxy where Dark Lords wield godlike power - from the Sith Empire, to the One Sith Empire, and everything in between. But this time, the Southern Systems has one on our side.

And it was at this moment that the meeting was adjourned. While three proposals were on the docket - a recess was taken. There would be another meeting, another day.

[member="Derek Dib"], [member="Srina Talon"], [member="Vyra Silara"], [member="Dalton Kenway"], [member="Tmoxin Temi"], [member="Cora deWinter"], [member="Kip Ridel"], [member="Jorco Czeku"], [member="Tamar M'Raki"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom