Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Sins of the Son

Nar Kreeta.

Why did all Hutt planets start with Nal or Nar? It was boring, they ought to be a little more creative. Well there was a certain sand planet, but that didn't count really. But, Darlyn wasn't here to consider the fault of naming schemes, he was here on a mission. Nothing quite official of course, if it were he would have more rules to follow. No, what he was here for needed a certain... seediness to it.

Why he had [member="Jyoti Nooran"] here was, something of a favor. Darlyn had need of some measure of backup, in the event that this trip turned into something more, violent. While he could probably fight his way through a hutt palace alone decently well, he ought to have someone around just in case. It helped that he put it as something of a favor...

Which is why he was getting settled into his MS-10 fighter, and preparing for take off. No expert pilot was he, but he could manage to do this much on his own now. Self improvement was a lovely new addition to his life these days. Speaking of which, he ought to make sure that the Grandmaster was on the same page shouldn't he? He opened a channel to her, whether she was flying herself, sitting in a transport, or walking down as he spoke.

"I hope you don't mind dirty hands Miss Nooran, this ain't no honeymoon after all. We're going to be making our way to an abandoned hutt palace, cliche'd as it is. Seems a black market of sorts found its home there, and Mr. Imposter of mine has a contact there. Since the man used me as an outfit, with a little luck he'll greet us with open arms. Then we get names. Everything clear?"

[member="Darlyn Excron"]

In one of her increasingly uncommon adventures from Kashyyyk, she found herself with Excron as a personal favor. She fine details was still a mystery to her, but he was looking for someone important, a contact. She would have liked to know more, but that was enough for her. At the end of the day, she could just walk away.

"By that same token, we won't be engaging in any gratuitous violence, Mr. Excron. As the saying goes, you get more bees with honey than vinegar."

As this was meant to be a lowkey assignment, she had dressed casually in dark clothes and taken on a light disguise, wearing a brunette wig and altering her facials features ever so slightly with contacts and prosthetics. To the typical stranger, they wouldn't recognize the Echani posing as a normal human.

"So, after you," she continued, motioning for him to lead the way.

Darlyn himself had opted for slightly different choice of robes, and adorned his face with an old mirrored mask. The young and edgier him had chosen it for intimidation, the thought of staring at your own face as you die and what not, but for whatever reason the impostor had chosen the disguise as well. A shared choice that meant he had to adorn his mask again to pretend to be the man, get this fence of his to welcome them in with open arms. [member="Jyoti Nooran"]'s honey so to speak.

"Yes well, if everyone plays nice we'll be going home with clean white gloves so to speak. But these, and us right now, are pirates. Scum and villainy. I wouldn't expect them to have a shred of honor nor would I expect them to so easily give such things we seek away. I do hope not to have difficulty leaving but a fight happens with or without us intending it to. Best to be prepared." He patted his chest, the slight thump indicating the basic chest plate he had hidden underneath. Similarly, he'd brought just the essential weaponry, also hidden away.

"So lets get to work. I look like the man well enough so he should be fooled, as long as you play the part of assistant pirate. My voice is a bit sore, ill let you figure out why. Punched in the throat maybe. But we're looking for a Duros, Ohwun Vhookto. A fence by trade, apparently quite popular with our masked hero. So I do hope you've brushed up on your Durese."

He handed her a datapad with the Ohwun's description in particular, noting the particularly unique scars and dress habits. All very important details. And, quickly enough, details she'd need to keep in mind as they entered the 'market' proper.

By the Force it was clustered, you'd think with so much space this den of depravity would have some structure. It was as though hastily thrown together stalls had been put up just minutes ago, perhaps they had been come to think of it. There were a few places of intrigue though, the cantina, though that seemed a bit cliche a choice to search, and a few smaller shop like dens that seemed more, permanent. Darlyn gave Jyoti's shoulder a slight nudge in that direction, indicating his intent before heading off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All very nice shops too, but one had quite the collection of nick knacks. One owned by, of course, the Duros Ohwun Vhookto, currently polishing off one of his more recent collections from his favorite customer. Mr. Meryl Jones, though he only knew him as Mr. J for business reasons. He'd made quite a lot of money for the Duros, who bought much of the excess supplies stolen by the man, including trinkets and baubles he'd sell to clueless suckers, in return for seemingly no cost to him. Though, regrettably Commenor's state of affairs had reduced the man's efficiency, war was bad for business. At least for him.

Thus it was a great surprise to him as he glanced up, and noticed Mr. J seemingly approaching the store once more, with a pretty lady in tow. It wasn't uncommon for this kind of practice, heck, even he had an imposing Kel-Dor for a guard by the door. Never could be too careful with pirates. So he hardly paid this detail mind as he put the trinket he had been cleaning away, and made his way to the door, and waving Mr. J and associate over. The first words to leave his mouth, in Durese, were meant to ensure that these associates were in fact spacers, pirates even.

"Ah, come for business yes? It has been much time since your last visit, I was worried for you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom