Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public The Silver Jedi Concord Technology Expo! [SJC + Friends + Everyone]

Gir nodded at Domino Domino and handed her a bulky box containing an Adar Flight Suit that he thought was approximately her size. She turned her attention to the Neti Field Cloak and he followed suit.

"Now about these, what did you call them, Neti Field Cloaks? Is it like one of the stealth field generators?"

"Yes and no," said the man, briefly pausing.

"In many ways, it obscures a wearer from view like a stealth field generator, but it has certain differences because different technologies are involved. A stealth field generator is probably more portable and more effective at close range than this cloak because this cloak itself is what becomes camouflaged - if your face is not covered by the fabric itself, then your face is visible, and so forth. However, this cloak has some noticeable other advantages, namely in that it does not only prevent visual observation, but it can also prevent precise detection by other types of sensors, such as thermal scans or DERs if you're using any electronics underneath it. This works even if you're out of power. Another advantage to this method of camouflage is that you can use in any sort of way a tarp or poncho could be used. In other words, you could use this as a small tent in the outdoors and remain concealed even when asleep or without any electrical power. You could use this to conceal a stash of supplies in the field for later pick-up, and so forth."

"Yes, you can inject waste directly into the molecular toilet, or shower, as you would a molecular furnace: in fact, part of the system contains one" Jessica answered Finley Dawson as he looked around for the toilet.

The molecular toilet and the shower actually were for different races: some races used showers for all their hygiene needs, others preferred a toilet, and others still wanted both. Also the waste heat recovery devices were usually used for powering life support systems: whereas so many would-be entrepreneurs focused on weapon systems, or platforms, Ringo was much more active in the civilian arena. Even today it was a major supplier that built civilian components few, if any, actually dealt in. That even the Sith somehow could appreciate, albeit in secret. Now, molecular showers were available as either showers or bathtubs, and even then there were several shapes and sizes of each, once again fitting several races. There was even a whole catalog of these as many races still gave some consideration to bathrooms as vanity areas.

"Another item that is often bought along with a molecular toilet or shower is the Roto-Rooter autochef, which is useful for using what you put in a molecular toilet or shower"

Last edited:

Finley Dawson

F
"Good, good" he nodded, glancing over at the shower display as well. He really didn't need it, especially if he was already leaning into snagging the toilet, but he certainly wanted one. This would certainly stretch the budget.

An idea came to him, which left him smirking.

"Are you up for a live demonstration? Say I grab a hot slice of Bambino from around the corner, and feed it into the toilet? How long do you figure the conversion process takes from start to finish?"

Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq

From the corner of her eye, Yula spotted a stylishly dressed woman who’d been speaking with her Uncle. With the Zeltron’s tunnel vision, perhaps she hadn’t seen her on first approach!

“He comes up with some pretty interesting ideas, doesn’t he?” She grinned. “This is one of the few that actually made it onto the floor, you know.” Motioning towards the umbrella, she nearly snickered. “Most of his ideas never leave the workshop.”

That was true for most companies that produced multiple products, anyhow. The majority of Yula’s own ideas had never come to fruition; most of them ended up shorting out or exploding in the prototype phase.

She wrinkled her nose when Damian kissed her on the forehead. Force, did he think that she was still five years old? Even then she’d always have the same reaction. His explanation made the irritation dissolve from her face. “Electro-tattoos, huh? Can’t say that I have any of the ‘electro’ variety.” Leaning closer, she inspected the machine further. When he mentioned boring meetings, her upper lip curled. “Yeah, fat chance. Mom used to take me to those as a kid and that put me off of them for life.”

Can’t say she didn’t enjoy watching her mother’s stern face in action, though.

Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser | Aja Shen

"For a bambino slice-sized goo ball of the size available around the corner, it should be converted in seconds. Now, let's see the toilet turning cooking waste into a bambino slice"

For toilets to be used in a matter of seconds by nauseated or otherwise afflicted by digestive tract diseases, the molecular furnace must also operate within a similar timeframe. By now Jessica had a bambino slice-sized goo ball that came from some table waste, so she was ready to begin a live demonstration of the molecular toilet. Once that goo ball was inserted into the toilet, the toilet itself was being flushed but also began churning out, a few seconds later, some bambino slice. Exactly the same size and texture as a bambino slice Finley Dawson described it.

Domino nodded along with the blond's explanation but he did raise a few more questions with his description. "Does it work in the rain? Have a hood?" She liked the idea of the poncho, just toss it on over a power armor and go. It'd probably block both ways meaning that sensors wouldn't work under it, she'd have to test for that, but most times she ran with the active sensors off and it wasn't like flipping the poncho aside when needed would be difficult.
Gir Quee Gir Quee

"It does work in the rain," replied the man, "the sensor blocking is simply a passive property of the base material itself, while the photosensitive crystals themselves are waterproof, while the micrels power supplies are contained within the water-proof fabric. With that said, if the cloak is damaged, that introduces the chance of moisture getting inside and potentially damaging the electrical portions of it. Similarly, while it was designed to be worn in all sorts of common weather to include severe rainstorms, I would not recommend submerging this in water for any great amount of time.

As far as a hood, it can have a hood depending on how you configure the grommets and the lashing. It's a fairly adaptable design, though the obvious issue that it's not going to be a perfect form-fitting slip....but then again, that's probably not something you're looking to get if you're trying to camouflage yourself.
"

Domino Domino

"Hmm, I'll take three then, one for me, one a size larger and another in an extra-large." That should cover her, Sasmay, and then her with the Alsvin. Her new powered armor. It was good stuff and her own design based on the original Song of Mandalor, but lacked active stealth capabilities. Working on the rain had been a bonus for the Neti for Domino, the hood had been her sticking point. Floating heads were as good as advertising prime targets for enemy snipers and droid detectors, which was what she'd figured had given her team up in the attack on Rodia.

She also knelt down, shucking off her backpack to shove the vacuum suit and the packages she hoped were coming into it for easy carrying. "Now then, how much do I owe you?" She had a credit chit ready to go and transfer over the required credits having given herself a generous allowance to spend on herself and Heinkel at the expo. Which the proffered to the helpful man operating the booth.
Gir Quee Gir Quee

Gir quickly typed the information into a datapad to get not only the purchase price, but also to note that some of the stock was being removed from the booth's limited inventory. He looked back up at Domino Domino and took the proferred credits.

"3000 credits," said the man, handing back the credit chip after deducting the proper amount of credits from it, "I hope your purchases come in handy during the travels, and if you're ever interested in more of our gear, please don't hesitate to look us up. Also, take this."

With that, the man also offered her a datachip with the Lucerne Personal Defense logo emblazoned it. On t she would find a receipt for her items, as well as holoNet links to LPD's catalogues and list of locations. Additionally, it provided her with several lottery tickets to win a Phantasm Solid State Holo-projector.

(OOC: feel free to claim an additional Phantasm Solid State Holo-projector as well if you're interested)

Finley Dawson

F
"Well I'll be..."

He understood the basic concepts of a molecular converter, but it was still hard to wrap his head around a clump of old pizza getting dumped into a toilet and coming out looking fresh. All within the span of a few seconds, too? The unit was more impressive than he initially thought.

So it definitely wasn't junk that was often advertised by other vendors. He decided to proceed with his plan.

"This is pretty awesome, to be honest. I think a lot of people on the street would get a kick out of this. Which gives me an idea...I could show off the capabilities of the unit for you? I see a lot of business on the hyperlanes, passing through many pit stops while transporting or excavating. All where your chief demo would be residing. In return, I'd love a sponsorship from your fine establishment. Oh, and a modest commission I may make during my sojourns."

Jessica Med-Beq Jessica Med-Beq

Sliding the data chip into the now considerably full pack alongside her recent purchases, she zipped it shut again and pocketed her credstick again. "Thank you." She was considerably more chipper than she had been. Maybe they were running a special, because if everything lived up as advertised, she was getting away much cheaper than she expected. Hoisting the backpack to her shoulders, she eyed the hardlight hologram again as she considered how to get through the dancers before simply going around.

"No complaining Heinkel," she headed off the big guy alongside her, eyes already searching out the next thing of interest as she chatted with him. Eventually they landed on a booth displaying the latest fashions, something she'd always let slip her by before, but there, displayed neatly in a row, were several chronometers, shiny, sleek, and sporty. And she knew someone in need of a nice watch...

Approaching the booth, she peered down at it, evaluating. It looked nice and the display certainty listed out an impressive feat of features just perfect for Sasmay Cull Sasmay Cull there was just one downside. It looked like it'd feel an awful lot like the cuff of a mag-binder. She nibbled at her bottom lip, worrying about it before deciding to put the decision off until later, she had until the other woman's bithday. Which she didn't actually know. Life day was probably closer.

Looking around, she tried to get the attention of one of the booth's attendants so she continue her purchasing spree.
Gir Quee Gir Quee Damian Starchaser Damian Starchaser

"But he not even say 'thank you,' always thank customer. It is number one rule to show appreciation!" His employer may have been out of hearing range of the booth, but the big man had a boisterous voice and it tended to carry if one listened. "Instead he just tell you how to spend more credit."
"It's fine, you know there's always more to see than the booth can show." This was why his boss was best boss, even if she was too quick to forgive, she saw all the sides.
"Lots of technical talk, he knows the product. But never did he say how beautiful you are. How can one have special shopping time if not made to feel special?" He continued to grouse.
Domino actually groaned at that. There were things you could teach a man that he would never learn, and for Heinkel this was it. "You know you're here to relax right? Not to critique the other booth attendants." She wasn't going to try anymore. Not today.
He shrugged, almost knocking over a weequay reaching for the wrong pocket which he pretended not to notice. "Normally only get to see during break for lunch, not while working. It is something I have been curious about."

Something had caught Domino's attention though and he fell silent again as they approached another booth, this one lined with fine clothing. At least he assumed it was fine clothing. It certainly wasn't the comfortable stuff his momma had made for him and the family growing up. Mentally he made a note to write them again and maybe send some more money. Little Gert had a naming day coming up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom