Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Shrodinger Box

Laertia waited into the night for Maple Harte Maple Harte , her former comrade in arms, Moya waiting with her.

Finally, As Laertia waited on the extended ramp of the ship, Night Time Golbah City looming over her home, she felt the signal. Three taps on her shoulder. Maple had arrived using a Stealth unit. Laertia casually rose, and then closed the hatch.

"Diddz yooz bryngz ittz?" Laertia asked.

"I did." Maple said, switching off the cloaking device, revealing a parchment she had drawn up.

"I had to...consult someone I knew for help, but I acquired the magic you sought..." Maple spoke, scowling. She glared at Laertia, who examined the parchment filled with strange runes.

"This must never get back to me. Ever." Maple told them. "I'm putting everything I have at risk helping you."

"I knowwz yooz arrz...anndz I thanx yooz forr itz, Uri. I won'tz fergett dhis." Laertia replied gently.

"So who are we applying it to?"

"Myysellfz, temporrayruhlee, but sumthin ellse tooz..."

Laertia led the pair to Moya's quarters, where the discovered creature was kept under lock and key.

The small, living crystal rested on its golden stand, no cracks on its surface. Maple felt The Light Side from it.

"What is it?"

"Itz wut uzed tuh take cayrez ov meez..." Laertia answered. "Wennz I wuz reel smallz..."

Moya turned to her in surprise.

"What? You never told me this..."

"I diddintz ruhmemmbuh her untyllz reecenntleez..."

"Well what caused her to leave you? What the hell happened?" Maple asked, staring at the now growing crystal.

"Dhere...dhere wuz an exxplowshunn onn duh shippz. An aksseedunt." Laertia explained.

"Hurr boddy wuz deestroyedz. Dhis iz hurr brayne."

"What are you planning to do?" Maple asked.

"I'mmz gunna styck dhis brayne in Arianna's fethinn skull..."

Maple raised an eyebrow.

"Even for you that's a little ruthless." Maple noted. "Laertia, do you know how powerful Arianna is? She creeps into Amalgam territory. What if you fail? We'll all be hunted."

"We wonn'tz fayle..." Laertia asserted. "Since sheez dhat powuhfull, itt iz a verry gud ideaa tuh mayke shurr sheez loyullz tuh uss. I hav no pitee fer dhat fiend..."

"Even if you're successful it won't be what helped you survive. Not fully. It'll be mixed with Arianna..." Maple pointed out.

"Bettuh itt bee parrtlee Arianna dhen all duh way Arianna." Laertia replied.

Moya looked at it...

"Can we trust it? Who made it?" she asked.

"I donn'tz knowwz..." Laertia admitted. "But I'mm nott leevin sumthin dhat protecteddz meez lyke dhis."

Maple held out the parchment. "How do you want this Fake Dark Aura enchantment done?"

"Cannz itt bee maydez perrmuhnenntz?"

"If you use blood, yeah."

Laertia turned to Moya.

"Yoov alreaadee beenz uzing yurr blud tuh heallz itz...wud yoo lennd itz tuh dhis?"

"All of this screams Bad Idea..." Moya said.

"Pleez trusst meez, Moya. Pleez?" Laertia asked.

Maple watched the interplay between the two. She had never seen Laertia get Puppy Eyed before.

Moya's lip trembled...

"Alright..." Moya relented.

Maple turned to Laertia, and for the first time realized how much their black biker leathers matched each other, save for Maple's lack of spikes on the jacket.

Maple felt really awful at that moment, at how things had gone between them in the past.

"I'll need privacy. Both of you, leave the room. Laertia, I'll call for you in a little. You had better be sure about this. Because I don't know if it will work fully. Arianna is very perceptive."

"Yoov runned intuh herrz?" Laertia asked.

"Who do you think gave the Order for me to interview you after you were captured?" Maple asked.

"When is this supposed to happen?" Moya asked.

"A dayyz morr. Let hurr thynk sheez mayde proggress..." Laertia answered.

In the Morning...

Arianna awaited Laertia in her Castle, Preparing in the Training chamber, with her double bladed Lightsaber in a kata exercise.

She didn't wear the Gown she had before. This time she was in a Silvery-White Catsuit that troublingly reminded a now enchanted Laertia of The Amalgam's.

Arianna let out a hiss of delight as she felt the pale as tombstone Warrior approach. The Dark Side had grown in her.

"Why Laertia, it's so good to know I am having an effect on you..." Arianna said in a jesting tone.

"Helloz, Arianna..." Laertia muttered, the red Lightsaber Arianna had given her in hand already.

"I feel the pull of The Darkness in you increasing. Faintly, but its so...pronounced..." Arianna said breathily, the Sorceress slinking up to her.

It was testament to how much potential Maple had, and how talented she was with what she used that Arianna sensed nothing amiss. Maple had made certain to give Laertia a very weak, but faint feel in The Dark Side.

"Wut arr we lerrnyngz tuhdayyz?"

"I believe we should have a genuine go of teaching you Force Rage..." Arianna explained, red blades flashing on.

Laertia's blade activated.

"Whyy arr yoo so inntruhsteddz in turrnyngz mee?" Laertia asked as she went into a guard.

Arianna paused a bit at this...

"Many reasons, to be truthful..." Arianna answered, pacing about as she prepared to strike.

"Part of ne wants to understand why I failed the first time. Part of me wants to see if I can do it. But I confess...another part of me sincerely believes you would be happier."

Laertia was highly disturbed by this as Arianna struck at her...

Arianna savored her little triumph over Laertia. So uncertain...

So...vulnerable...

She shivered at the prospect. The prospect of finally, at last turning the one who had foiled her all those years ago. Guiding her...

Arianna struck more and more viciously and chaotically, feeling Laertia's emotions intensify.

"Don't fight it, Laertia...give innnnnnn..." Arianna hissed, flesh shuddering as she processed the Dark Side in herself.

She felt Laertia sink into her emotions.

"Think of how you feel about Ursula..." she hissed during a blade lock she quickly fell back from, due to the sheer raw strength that Laertia possessed that Arianna could not hope to match, kept in the bout only through her more chaotic and speedy asssult.

"Pretend I'm Ursula..." She encouraged.

The assault came so fast and brutal Arianna was utterly unprepared for the savage slashes and stabs that came her way. A repeat of earlier experiences. Laertia gee more enraged, more frenzied, and Arianna loved it.

"You're doing it Laertia. Excellent." Arianna praised as she fended her off. "You have started to understand how anger and fury empowers. If you went further, you would understand many more of the Dark Side's glories...you need only have the will to seek it..."

Laertia seemed to be barely in control of herself, pacing about like a wild animal after Arianna had backed away and shut off the blade. Arianna could distinctly sense what she thought was the darkness swelling, churning in Laertia.

"Are you starting to understand? The life you could have? The power?"

"Yess..." Laertia answered, not entirely certain that instant whether she was actually lying or not...

"Do you want it?" Arianna asked, gliding over to her.

"Yess..." Laertia said, and Arianna felt what she thought was anger swelling.

"Counntesss..." Laertia said slowly in her broken speech. "I wud knowwz morrz ov duh Darrk Syde...wud yoo teech meez furrthuh?"

Arianna smiled. "I would be delighted to. But that leaves one problem...your Droid, Moya..."

"Wee shallz goz tuhgethuh onn myy shipp, annd explaynez duh channgez innz ourrz sittuashun."

"I'm afraid we'll have to go a bit further than that..." Arianna explained firmly. "Moya is a tie to your old life. She makes you weak. To grow stronger...you must be willing to slay her without hesitating..."

Laertia was silent for a moment, hiding the absolute disgust and hatred she bore for Arianna at the very suggestion. Under normal circumstances, this would have been the moment she decided 'Feth the consequences' and immediately tried to kill her for wanting Moya dead. No one threatened Moya and got to breathe more than a few seconds after.

But as Laertia stood so much to gain, she remained silent, only nodding.

"I shallz dooz az yoo kommanndz...Masstuh..."

"Oh, call me Arianna. Master sounds so stuffy these days..." Arianna replied with a chuckle. "We can do the deed now, if you like. In these situations, it's best to just rip the band-aid off..."

"She'll beez inn ourr shipp..." Laertia said. "Shee wontz come heerz..."

"Good. It increases her suffering to die in her own home." Arianna replied with a motherly tone. "Just let me get comfy when you do the deed. I want a front row seat..."

You'll get a front row seat, schutta... Laertia thought in the deepest part of her mind.

Later on...

Laertia and Arianna walked casually to the Blessing of Loste through the crowds. Laertia had supposedly needed a few hours to mentally prepare, which Arianna had graciously allowed.

"Soon..." Arianna promised sincerely, "You shall be free..."

"I lukk forrwarrdz tooz ittz, Arianna." Laertia said. "Forr too lonngz, I wuz holldyng baack, emmbraycyngz weeknezz..."

"Sometimes we need a little life experience to realize how wrong it is to follow the Light Side of The Force..." Arianna said placatingly. "The point is, you've chosen not to remain weak forever...and you have me to make you stronger now. We shall feast on Moya's soul, together."

Laertia nodded, grinning wickedly, using her con artist experience to lure her in further.

Arianna, for all her power, truly had underestimated Laertia. Just like before...

Except this time, it wasn't because she had underestimated Laertia's strength of character...

...but because she had underestimated just how much Laertia didn't give a feth...

"I'm afraid I will have to insist on prolonging her death. We need to drive you into the depths of Darkness as quickly as possible."

"Dooz yooz truulee havv duh Shrodinger Boxx?" Laertia inquired.

"Parts of it, as I told you. It's in my vault...as I promised...and I will allow you full access to it once we are through here..." Arianna said, the darkness swelling inside of her, smiling as she felt what she thought was the Dark in Laertia.

As she entered the vessel, Laertia gestured for her to follow quietly, leading an eager Arianna to the cargo hold.

Arianna let Force Lightning arc upward on her arms as she prepared to cook Moya...

...and the stepped into the rune trap that had been created by Syd.

Her flesh shuddered and bubbled as she struggled to move, metallic squeals escaping her throat as she struggled to break the magical trap with her own innate power, to no avail.

"Trea...chery..." Arianna hissed demonically through constantly melting and reforming lips. "You...will...never...leave CIS... territory...when I tell them what you...attempt...ed..."

Laertia retrieved the small box where the living crystal had been left waiting, now fully healed.

"No..." Laertia said. "Yooz wont'z..."

Laertia opened the box, and the living crystal floated up...

...and flung itself into Arianna's skull, puncturing it and leaking white blood everywhere, as Arianna thrashed about violently, flesh pulling in Multiple directions all over her body.

The last moments of Arianna Belasko, the real Arianna Belasko, were nothing but pain as her mind was gradually burned away, sending it screaming into Chaos chunk by bloody spiritual chunk.

Only an imprint and memories, but not the real soul, remained, but that wouldn't be used it.

Arianna's gorgeous looks vanished, as the flesh reset on the skeleton, replaced by a somewhat older but still beautiful red headed woman.

The rune trap burned away, having altered both Arianna's body as well as the Shard inside her Brain now...

The woman dropped to the floor. Laertia did and said nothing as Maple came out of hiding with a shotgun that had a Silencer on it, at last recognizing the face. It was her. The woman from before...before everything.

Laertia knealt down to look into the woman's eyes...

The old woman finally managed the strength to raise her head.

"Hello... Julia..." The elderly woman said before losing consciousness.

"Julia?" Maple questioned. "That's your real name?"

"Helloz...Vivian..." Laertia said distantly, stroking the unconscious woman's hair...

Moya had waited in Maple's apartment safehouse in Golbah City for the whole time Arianna's assassination was occuring. She was on pins and needles, because it would end with either a subverted Arianna...or it would end with them all running for their lives from The Confederacy.

Moya had been removed from the situation because if it went bad, they might at least be able to claim she had nothing to do with it. But that wasn't exactly true...

Days prior...

"Yooz cannz styllz backz outz ov dhis..." Laertia warned her.

Moya, currently in her trainer configuration, that of a red skinned Togrutan female with an athletic figure shook her head.

"If it's the only way to get that piece of The Schrodinger Box, we have to try...or we came here for nothing..." Moya insisted. "I'm ready."

Laertia nodded and prepared the nano-machines she had reprogrammed after carefully extracting them from a healing implant.

Moya couldn't help but be impressed with her Pseudo-Daughter. She had never been formally trained but demonstrated a clear aptitude for engineering and programming...else her attempts at repairing Moya wouldn't have been accomplished without assistance...

She wore a recreation of The Amalgam's infamous cyberpunk fetish catsuit. It was essential to the deception. There could be no mistakes for what they were about to attempt.

There was no legal way to obtain the missing piece of the Shrodinger Box. None. It had to be stolen.

This would ordinarily not have been a problem for Laertia. The trouble was, everybody knew she was here, and to some degree, were aware of what she was capable of. A theft would have her name written all over it.

Getting creative was necessary.

Laertia had also surprised Moya at the sheer speed at which she had worked out the plan, but was forced to keep in mind Laertia's pre Jedi criminal history.

This was an admittedly risky move. Laertia was going to inject Nanites into her body that would remote hack her transformation protocols, twist her flesh to The Amalgam's appearance temporarily. The Training Form had the best ways of simulating some of The Amalgam's most basic Abilities.

"Yooz cann styllz baxx outz, Muther..." Laertia said in a rare slip of the tongue.

"I can do it, Sweetie..." Moya promised.

Laertia kissed Moya on the forehead and then injected her full of nanites. She immediately went over to a jury rigged wireless computer and began the transmission.

Moya winced, the Nanites hacking her brain. It wasn't exactly pain she was in but she wouldn't call it pleasure either.

Her flesh warped across her whole body, rearranging it's shape and pigmentation until she was finally the spitting image of The Amalgam...

"Okayz, dooz a voyce tesst."

"I hate looking like this schutta. How's that?" Moya asked dryly in The Amalgam's voice.

"Okayz, dhat wurkz..." Laertia trailed. "Now...sees off yooz cannz akt luke hurrz..."

"Oh, my darling Laertia, I'm an overly hammy Psychopath with a crush on you for some conveniently unknown reason. We should frolic across the stars on a murder spree, and get ice cream afterward."

(Cutaway of The Amalgam The Amalgam sitting in a luxurious chair by the fireplace.)

(The Amalgam: In all fairness to Moya this is absolutely something I would say)

"Dhat wuz spottz onnz!" Laertia complimented.

"Uggh, don't remind me..." Moya said, feeling dirty just for looking like that monster.

She got up from her seat.

"Ruhmemmbuh, hyt faast annd harrdz annd don'tz linnguh..." Laertia told her. "Iffz yooz gotta letz itt go, letz itt go. Iff yooz lose yurr nurvez, jusst comez baackz."

"You got it..." Moya said.

Laertia then dressed her in a heavy black cloak to conceal her features, then teleported with her outside, into a prearranged alleyway.

Moya set off walking with a reproduction of The Amalgam's Split-Saber. Her goal was the bank of Golbah...

She had a few ad-hoc injectable heat sinks to mitigate overheating issues. She prayed she would not have to use any of them, or she might very well be found out. But she was far more worried about how to pull this off without killing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom