Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The romance of flying

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
romantic-cruising1.jpg

"Last boarding call for the Valentine Odyssey"

Chasin City, Commenor. The special cruise put in service by Star Tours was organized with the following route: Commenor-Zeltros-Yutan. But, whereas the Madeen was the largest ship in Star Tours service, all Star Tours ships over 500m had the same standard of luxury, and similar accommodations that differed only in number, and to scale the number of passengers it can house. But since the special service wasn't expected to be a trunk route, she'd better hope that the 1500m-long Traquia could actually handle all the passengers that booked passage onboard. Several areas are decorated for this special occasion: floral arrangements, heart-shaped balloons, chocolate displays, with each and every table in the dining areas being outfitted with a minimum of two candles apiece, and a complimentary piece of cake for every dinner served onboard. Also the hired entertainers were playing romantic music. Hopefully the theme of romance will make the trip onboard one of the Traquia a memorable trip for those who wanted to go on a space cruise for this special occasion.

"Welcome onboard Star Tours, and have a pleasant flight"

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Talis Jzora"] [member="Krest"] @Daas Tallav [member="Shmi Labooda"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Screenshot-fashion-of-reign.tumblr.com_2015-10-11_11-50-52.png

Kay had not planned on leaving Commenor. Nor was she planning on being on this cruise as a guest with a romantic partner. She had no significant other, no lover, not even a fling since her late husband. And he had died nearly 15 years ago. So this type of cruise wasn't exactly suitable for a party of one.

Instead she planned on being a bit of a host. She knew Commenor the best, knew the sights and knew what areas drew the couples the most.

With her hands clasped in front of her, the Queen of Commenor greeted the guests. "Welcome to Commenor, or more specifically, to Chasin City. You'll find many different points of interest. For the adventurous, the Valley of the Storm with it's colour changing flowers and hundreds of bolts of lightning. For solitude with a view, Rock Point Bay has beautiful lighthouses with breathtaking sunsets. And of course Chasin City is host to many restaurants and shops for your liking. So please, enjoy yourselves and have a pleasant cruise."

She smiled and then stepped away to the side. Maybe she'll have a bite to eat before she got off.

[member="Dunames Lopez"] [member="Talis Jzora"] [member="Krest"] [member="Shmi Labooda"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

How did he get here again?

He wasn't entirely sure. Though as his memory began to fill out, he recalled that it was likely [member="Shmi Labooda"] who had brought them here. She seemed to be knowledgeable about theme parks and entertainment areas, and seemed to really enjoy going to them, which he didn't mind. He just knew very little or next to nothing about them, since he'd spent so long buried in his work.

As he and his significant other arrived, they were hailed by [member="Lady Kay"] of all people. Giving her a smile, he would wait for her introduction to finish before approaching her. He had promised to introduce her to Shmi after all.

Kay-Larr

Kay put on a polite smile as [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] and [member="Shmi Labooda"] approached. There was no hint of recognition in her eyes. All memories of her best friend was ripped away. More than likely he could feel the cold darkness surrounding her.

"Can I help you? Are you in need of directions to Chasin City's points of interest?"

Off in a corner a man dressed in a simple suit, his red hands resting in his pockets and a smile on his face. Unlike so many others, he was here alone. A date cruise, and he came here with no one. It seemed sad, yet the big smile on his face as he stared out at nothing. Why was this red man so happy to be alone? It was a question that would have an answer soon enough. On a turn of his heel he looked over to where Lady Kay stood, listening to her speech.

She always was the most formal person.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Dunames Lopez"]

Dunames Lopez

"Our first port of call is Zeltros. The planet's eternal parties are held on the lap of luxury. While you're there, you may take advantage of the entertainment offerings, unparalleled in the galaxy! Also for you if you like your humanoid females svelte, flexible, enthusiastic and in multiple shades of red!"

[member="Lady Kay"] already made her presentation of Commenor and especially as it pertains to Chasin City. Oh, of course, she recited the presentations made on the Holonet for Star Tours' Valentine Odyssey, which is about to depart soon. The engineering crew was doing the pre-flight checks, while the guests began enjoying themselves and going to their cabins. The Traquia was truly massive for a ship that could land on planets: usually ships that big (or even smaller ones) could not. So massive, in fact, that several smaller ships could be docked underneath it and make it out without much trouble. And the corners, especially. But a few moments before takeoff, Dunames had to remember the other presentation of the ports of call. Yutan: she knew that planet from the newest sensation in the gaming market, the game called The Yutan Job. Especially since the adventures of the protagonist contributed a lot of information from the one who actually lived what became the first two levels of the game.

"Our second port of call is Yutan. Come relax on the pebble beaches of Yutan and savor a moment frozen in time! Also, take a tour through the historical government district or the Temple. The Valentine Odyssey, only from Star Tours"

[member="Krest"] [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] [member="Shmi Labooda"]

That reaction was a little... Odd, from Lady Kay, as she spoke as though they hadn't been best friends for quite some time. Even her eyes held no hint of recognition... He was a pure stranger to her. He tried to reach out to Kay in the Force... But all he found was darkness. Something was wrong... This wasn't the Lady Kay he knew. Something was going on here, and he didn't like it one bit. It was a shame, really... He'd promised Kay he'd introduce her to Shmi one day. He was about ready to when it was made clear something was going on.

Still, he would feign ignorance, and merely smile when he approached [member="Lady Kay"] while thinking of where to go on this next.

"My dear Lady Kay, it's been such a long time since we've seen one another, I suppose you wouldn't recognize me" He would lie, chuckling lightly as he looked her in the eyes, looking for some sign that she was just being formal and wanting to save it for later. But none came. And that was definitely a lie, it hadn't been a "long time" either... He'd just seen Kay... What, a handful of months ago? When he'd thwarted the attempt on her life.

"This is my beloved, Shmi" He would remark as he would motion toward Shmi. "I once promised you that I'd introduce you two, but I suppose I haven't had the chance to, it's been so long" He would remark. A half-truth there. He'd made the promise that same day of the aforementioned. "Once our little tour here is over, and we are to return here... Why don't we meet, to catch up? It has truly been so long, I would absolutely love to know what you've been up to."

He was waiting for it, for Kay to make some sort of quip to indicate she was putting on an act. Or at least to playfully correct him and say they'd only seen one another a handful of months ago. If it never came... There was his confirmation.

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow as [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] said that they knew eachother. She tightened her grip on her hands a little. No doubt he was but another person from her past that was stripped from her mind. Oh how she hated being put at a disadvantage like that. It was one of the things that she hated about her Master.

She turned her focus onto what he was saying, giving a polite smile and bow of her head to [member="Shmi Labooda"] . "Lovely to meet you."

Just then she felt it. The light shudder of the vessel only meant one thing. It was leaving! And she was still on board! If she was able to get off before they went to hyperspace, then all would be good. That meant that she had to hurry.

Kay quickly dismissed Joshua and Shmi. "Yes, yes. A meeting would be good. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to be off." Meeting up later would give her time to research him through her holo-mails too.

With a bow of her head, she moved past them, her hands clenching in her fists. She hurried by [member="Krest"] , doing a bit of a double-take as she passed him by. What was he doing there? Well, no matter. She needed to get off.

Krest had leaned on the balcony by the time the Commenor Queen had finished her speech and her conversation. Awkward. Did she not remember Josh? It was definitely a possibility. Though as she rushed by he could tell something was amiss. He could feel the stress burning through the Force. "Yo, Kay. You alright?" It was all he got out as she passed by, and his brow remained up as he watched in confusion.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay called out over her shoulder to [member="Krest"] as she continued walking. "Yes, I'm fine. I just wasn't intending on staying. Have a nice trip." With your date, she wanted to say. But she didn't see anyone there at the moment. Yet the woman could be unpacking in their cabin, or freshening herself up. Either way, she didn't want to sound as though she was running from anyone. Kay just wasn't comfortable with leaving Commenor. Not now. It was too soon.

"I think you should stay. Otherwise, I'll find myself rather alone." He smiled even as she kept walking. He didn't have any way or reason to keep her here, but he did want to try. Maybe he did have a reason. He tucked both of his hands into his pockets as he pushed himself off the railing. "You could use a vacation. We both could." Krest simply shrugged then, not really sure what else to do.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay closed her eyes for a moment, after hearing [member="Krest"] ask her to stay. Or rather, suggested it. She stopped walking and turned to face him. "You aren't the first to insinuate that I'm stressed out or acting irrationally, or letting my emotions dictate my behaviour, but this..." She indicated the ship. "....and it's destinations are not my idea of a vacation. I'd rather not spend a week or so being uncomfortable."

Would he understand? She doubted it. Most people don't.

Tarrlok

In the Shadows, Ambition Stirs.
She looked around, her face just had curiosity written all over it. Really, she figured Josh brought her here because she enjoyed things like this. She thought maybe he'd done something and was trying to get on her good side before telling her, because quite frankly he wasn't knowledgeable about events like this. She was always the one to bring them to him. Well, she would enjoy spending the time with him regardless.

She would softly smile when their host arrived. She nodded while she took in the information, because she'd surely want to check them out. Exploring and checking out new places had recently become a slight hobby of hers, hopefully she'd get to travel full time soon. She moved along with Josh as he seemed familiar with [member="Lady Kay"] in actuality Shmi had heard the name a few times before back in the Republic days. Hmm...

She rolled her eyes when she heard Zeltros would be the first stop, well interactions on Zeltros...were always interesting and she tried to not even think of the possibilities of what could happen.

Josh spoke first, and she stood at his side with her hands clasped right in front of her and resting just below her torso. He'd begin the introductions of both women, and Shmi would produce a warm smile while lowering her head slightly all in respect for the woman she would be officially meeting. "It's wonderful to finally meet you Lady Kay" and both women exchanged greetings just then.

Shmi would continue to stand there, smiling at the interaction between the two. Something seemed rather off, but she decided to stay out of it as it was likely something she wouldn't catch on to. Her face did grow a little concerned when the woman seemed to have to go very suddenly.

She turned to Josh, "Is everything alright?"

[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] | [member="Krest"]

He remained polite and merely smiled as she left, though once she'd left, he would frown. No, that definitely confirmed it. She didn't recognize him one bit, and she left in far too much of a hurry. Something was off. Way off. He would turn to Shmi when she would approach him, and manage to smile as he would simply pull her into a hug. "Don't worry about it. Let's just have a little fun on the date, shall we? We haven't had one since the carnival, and it's Valentines Day, after all" He would remark. "Besides, this was your idea, wasn't it? I mean, I assume that's how the passes got into the holo mailbox, but..." He added, shrugging his shoulders. Well, that was one way to tell Shmi that he had absolutely no idea.

He would lean in though, to whisper into Shmi's ear, once they were out of earshot...

"Listen" He would whisper. "Let's try to enjoy ourselves, it is valentines day, but... I need to ask a favor of you. When I go into that meeting, I want you somewhere close by, standing by in case things go sour."

He would look back at where [member="Lady Kay"] was just leaving, before whispering again, his tone growing dead serious.

"... That's not Lady Kay. Can you sense her presence? That's a Sith, and likely a Master at that."

With that he would walk off as though the conversation hadn't happened, checking where they were going again, having forgotten in all the ruckus.

"... Zeltros, really?" He would remark, letting out a sigh. "Valentines Day friendly, my ass..."

[member="Shmi Labooda"]

Dunames Lopez

Dunames was right next to [member="Lady Kay"], so she wasted no time in warning her while on the jetway, who visibily didn't want to leave. "I have to inform you that the ship will depart along any second"

Dunames was almost ready to fly so she only waited for her Commenori host to leave the jetway before the Traquia could actually depart the planet. Oh and [member="Krest"] wasn't the only single passenger onboard; there were thousands of tickets bought on a single occupancy basis. But the pricing scheme for double occupancy amounted to buying two tickets in single occupancy with 25% off. With that said, there were only two classes onboard: first class and economy class. [member="Shmi Labooda"] and [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] were somehow in the same room, according to the passenger manifest: that was the case of several thousand couples, some of which were on Commenor, others simply wanted off on Zeltros (and others still would be picked up on Zeltros to fly to Yutan). So she made for the bridge, where she would be initiating the piloting pre-flight checks on the bridge and also make her announcement over the ship's PA system:

"Welcome aboard the Valentine Odyssey by Star Tours. This is Dunames, your captain, speaking. We will depart Commenor momentarily, and the jetways will soon be closed"

"Not you're kind of place?" Krest didn't really know where the cruise was going, but he wasn't about to keep [member="Lady Kay"] on a trip she didn't feel like going on. With a shrug he would follow her, his hands moving from his pockets to rest behind his head. "Lead on. You can tell me what your idea of a vacation is and we can go from there, hmm?" The Zabrak didn't care where he was at this point, and if Kay didn't like where they were going, the Sith had quite a bad feeling for himself.

Kay-Larr

Kay heard the announcement by [member="Dunames Lopez"] . The jetways were going to close. The fact that [member="Krest"] insisted on following her was another odd part of an odd day. "...Alright.."

She continued walking at a brisk pace to the jetway and soon after, was already getting down to the safety of the ground. It wasn't as though she was afraid of heights, she just wasn't comfortable with getting offworld yet. If something were to happen to her, she had no succesor lined up.

"My idea of a vacation would be quite boring in comparison, I promise you."

"My Lady, my life has been filled with constant battle and murder. It's been a non stop fight since I was a boy. Boring would be a vacation for me." The red man would wink to [member="Lady Kay"] as he spoke. Just as she had, he would leave the ship, turning his head one last time to the cruise. What kind of planets was it going to anyway? He'd have to look that up sometime. But for now.

"I'll let you lead this time, hmm?"

Kay-Larr

Kay just smirked. Boring would be a vacation? Well she can't say that she didn't warn him. She turned as [member="Krest"] did, and watched the cruiseline take off. It was a pretty ship and no doubt those on board would enjoy themselves. But she couldn't 'let loose' like people often tell her to. They always had different ideas than she did.

She looked to [member="Krest"] for a moment and then turned to get to head to her transport. "We're both highly overdressed and I need to pack. Though I won't be packing much. I can't ignore my duties for long."

Dunames Lopez

"The jetways are clear, captain" Merrily told Dunames on the bridge.

"Takeoff sequence initiated"

Now that the Traquia departed Chasin City, the passengers, including [member="Shmi Labooda"] and [member="Joshua DragonsFlame"], began to enjoy themselves all over the place, taking advantage of the numerous accommodations, such as a ballroom for dancing, candlelit dining, to name a few of the more commonly used on that cruise until they reach Zeltros. Then again, flying onboard a Star Tours flight like the Valentine Odyssey service was, in essence, a mini-Zeltros. But she knew that, to the eyes of many passengers, even the most luxurious spaceborne accommodations can't beat the feel of the planet-bound ones. Meanwhile, with [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Krest"] having made it out of the jetways before said jetways have cleared the moorings, the docking areas previously taken up by the Traquia could accommodate multiple smaller ships. With that said, the ship cleared atmosphere and into orbit, until it could reach a safe distance from the gravity well, where hyperdrive would be engaged to the first port of call, and Merrily calculated the course as input for the first leg of the journey.

"Lightspeed to Zeltros!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom