"Now, we have a newer breed of vessel, which will provide security and peace for our people in these trying times."
Rear Admiral Davin Packard: Chief Engineer of the Resurgent-III Project
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
- Intent: To update the First Order's greatest workhorse.
- Image Source: Star Wars Naves (x)
- Canon Link: None
- Restricted Missions: None.
- Primary Source: None.
- Manufacturer: The First Order Navy.
- Model: Resurgent-Class Star Destroyer.
- Affiliation: The First Order Navy
- Material: Quadanium Steel | Durasteel | Kyber Crystals | Glasteeel
- Classification: Assault Destroyer
- Length: 2904m
- Width: 1504m
- Height: 654m
- Armament: Extreme
1800x Kyber Imbued Turbolasers
- 600x Ventrally
[*]700x Ion Cannon Batteries
- 500x Dorsally
- 200x Ventrally
[*]Gravity Mine Layers
- 60x Aft
[*]45x Mega-Class Turbolasers
- 30x Dorsally
- 15x Ventrally
[*]60x Proton Torpedo Launchers
- 40x Dorsally
- 15x Ventrally
- 5x Aft
[*]45x Concussion Missile Launchers
- 20x Dorsally
- 25x Ventrally
[*]Point Defence Lasers: x165
- 100x Dorsally
- 45x Ventral
- 20x Aft
[*]Anti-Missile Octets x 190
- 90x Dorsally
- 65x Ventrally
- 35x Aft
[*]Defenses: Very High
- Kyb-X Shield System
- Bastion Point Defence System
- 2 Meter Thick Quadanium Steel Coat
[*]Hangar: Average: Ten squadrons of TIE variants.
[*]Maneuverability Rating: Very Low
[*]Speed Rating: Very Low
[*]Hyperdrive Class: Average
Quadanium Steel Coat: A thick, two meter coat of quadanium steel works to defend the resurgent-III against kinetic threats such as asteroids, buzz droids or missiles.
Kyber Imbued Weapons: The Resurgent-III makes extensive use of the First Orders stocks of kyber crystals, employing them in most, if not all of the weapons the vessel attaches to itself. They provide more power to the weapons systems, and make an already formidable opponent, a greater threat.
Mega-Class Turbolaser (x): One of the most powerful weapons employed by the First Order, while also being relatively cheap and easy to manufacture. Its blasts, are the equivalent to fifty of an ordinary emplacement.
Bastion Missile Defence System (x): An advanced point defence system, used to deny the enemy use of missile, or torpedo based ordinance.
HIMS: Hyperspace Inertial Momentum Sustainer. This device allows the Resurgent-III to barge through interdiction fields with no issue whatsoever.
Kyb-X Shield System (x): The Kyb-X shield systems have been installed on the vessel. In strategic value, they're worth four times the endurance of a high grade capital shield generation system, meaning the Resurgent-III is a tough nut to crack.
- +Bombardier: With First Order advances in weapons technology, the new Resurgent-III is a fleets heavy hitter designate, designed to pick and win fights against far larger vessels.
- +Bastion Of Defence: The bastion missile defence system is fitted aboard the battlecruiser. This means, that it can blunt missile based ordinance, fired from the First Orders typical enemies. But thanks to its size, the vessel can defend its smaller cousins.
- -Slower Than A Wet Week: The Resurgent-III is easily a slow vessel. It relies on the strength of its gunnery crews, and shields as a means to an end.
- -Corvette Killer: While the Resurgent-III may be a capital killer, corvettes are not its primary target. This means that while small, manoeuvrable vessels may be easily torn to pieces by the command ship, they are still manoeuvrable enough to avoid the wrath of the Resurgents weapons.
- -Kyber Grenadier: With the amount of Kyber Crystals imbued within this vessel, the detonation of any weapon emplacement using it, will be catastrophic, tearing through the thickened armour and leaving parts of the vessel, stricken and exposed. And even, when hit in the right places, can destroy entire banks of batteries. Due to the nature of the vessels weapons and defence systems, a successful infiltration and sabotage of these emplacements can easily wreak havoc for one of these destroyers. With prolonged engagements, these crystals can, and do overheat, meaning that they become increasingly volatile, and more importantly, vulnerable to enemy attacks.
- -Time Causes All Wounds: The nature of the Resurgent-III's Kyb-X shields mean that despite an impressive starting position as a brawling vessel, time does corrupt. Components fray, overheat. So the longer one holds out against this behemoth, the more damage they can cause against it.
Defensively, the vessel is a tough nut to crack. The Resurgent-III enjoys the use of Kyber crystal imbued shields, maximising the coverage, and resilience of the defensive system. In addition to this the bastion missile defence system has been incorporated, ensuring that the Resurgent-III can easily destroy oncoming missiles, or other threats, which could threaten it. Compounding this is the quadanium steel coat. A lathering of pure, reinforced quadanium steel which fits around the ship, providing a defensive, concussive buffer against enemy vessels.
However, for all its credentials as a brawler, the Resurgent-III is mainly meant for capital ship combat. The designated target being other destroyers, and larger command ships. However, this means it neglects smaller corvettes, and fighters, which may escape its wrath. That, and the command ship is not a fast one. With it rather being an anchor for a fleet, working as a rally point for fighters than for it to press forth and assault the enemy. It isn't a pursuit vessel, but would rather brutalise its enemies, from a distance, before giving them a taste of its weapons systems.