Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Red Sands of Gromas 16

Qhorin Solas

Q
This is a one-v-one match
@[member="Morna Imura"]​
_____________________​
Phrikite Mine #004-565 on Gromas 16
___________________​
I had traveled to Gromas 16 to collect phrikite from its mines to utilize in the construction of my own, personal lightsaber. The ore, when combined with Tydirium, created an alloy that was virtually indestructable, strong enough to resist even the concentrated plasma beam of a lightsaber. The blade I used now was not a blade born of my own hand, and thus was utterly inadequate, crafted for a hand guided by different ideals than my own. I could not reach my full potential, hindered by such a weapon.

The moon, one of dozens orbiting Gromas, was a dry, arid place, covered with vast seas of fine, red sand. It's gravity was somewhat weaker than the standard, and its days were shorter, as well as its years. The people who lived on Gromas 16 had changed from the standard humanoid, growing taller and frailer than their counterparts, with long limbs like thin stalks, elongated necks, and oblong heads. The phrikite mines they controlled were built on the peaks of mountain ranges and in the depths of valleys, manned mostly by droids, save for the occasional overseer.

I hadn't expected to discover a Force-adept on the planet when I decided to visit, but the presence I felt as I landed my fighter was unmistakable. It grew stronger as I trekked closer to the mine. Hurriedly, I masked my own presence, wrapping the Force about myself as a cloak. I had already been sensed, perhaps, but I didn't worry.

I had been made for this, to fight, and I would serve my purpose, regardless of the inherent dangers.

Lightsaber in hand, my thumb resting against the activator ship, I made my way into the ultrachrome corridors of Mine #004-565, mindful of the ever-changing currents of the Force.

I hated the stuffy environment of the caves. It was dark, forgotten, and old, very old. Each step that I would take sent me closer to the darkness that I dreaded. Throughout my entire life, I had faced the Darkside. I was once a Sith. Though, every time that I denied it, I saw that it was the truth. Many a times had I let myself become darker, and allowed what I hated into my mind. My life revolved around the Dark Side.

The Shapers were once a group of dark sided people that crashed on the planet of Kro Var. Only by the power of the force, and the will to live, did they survive. Thousands of years later I was born.

I was not the most wealthy of people on Kro Var. Mostly because I could care less about wealth. It is meaningless. Now that it has been a couple of years since my return to Kro Var for my Shaper training. I had left to explore the Galaxy and to acquire more skills. One of them was Lightsaber and sword combat. I had made my own lightsaber, well Magmasaber by its name sake, as the crystal was made unstable to the point where molten lava would drip from the blade. Deadly to foes, and harmless to me. As it was clipped to my belt upon my waist, I walke deeper into the caverns of Gromas 16.

My left hand was lit in tongues of orange and red flame, lighting up my path. My sword snagged on a beam to the side of me from me shoulder. Backing up I pulled the black blade from the sheath upon my back and walked with it in my hand. Midstep I could hear a ship land, as the tunnels whispered the sounds of an engine. I was not a tech fanatic, but I could tell that the ship was of small to medium size as there was a high pitched wine when the ship powered down. I could feel a presence for a second then for it to disappear. I knew that I may have company so on my trek to search for Phrikite for later use. Extinguishing my flames and putting the sword away, I drew my lightsaber as I knew the other may have one themself.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
My senses led me into the depths of the mine, down dimly lit tunnels and passageways until the lights began to fade and darkness reigned dominant. If not for the Force, I'd have been walking blind. As it were, I was no more hindered by the dark as I was by light, my awareness spread wide throughout the cavern once I realized I wasn't as hidden as I had hoped.

I found the Force-adept deep in the mines, in a massive cavern at the end of a long, narrow passageway, the stagnant air thick with dust. I couldn't see him, but I could feel him, and that was confirmation enough.

"By the authority granted me by the First Imperial Edict of the Inquisition," I announced into the darkness, "I order you to surrender yourself to the custody of Atrisian Empire. Failure to comply is punishable by death." I punctuated my statement by activating my lightsaber, the faint glow of the blue blade spreading across the cavern floor, illuminating the room around me in a three meter radius. "I advise you to surrender," I continued, brandishing my weapon. I didn't enjoy killing, despite my allegiance to the Inquisition, and as always, I had doubts about my purpose. In combat, such doubts could lead to death, if they weighed heavily enough against your heart.

I gave them to the Force, my doubts, let its immeasurable currents wash away my worries beneath its immense depths, and felt myself invigorated. Mind clear, I was free to feel again, to see the unseen and discern the indiscernible .

There was something... familiar, about the presence. Not familiar in that I recognized it, but the signature, the way it rippled in the Force... I had felt something similar, once before. I opened myself furrther to the calming energies of the Force, let the steady thrum vibrate through my being, seeping into my mind and muscles.

__________________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

Darkness was my ally at this point. I was envloped in the dark tunnles that I could feel the person enter. Ever so powerful did I feel his force signature. I little spark in the darkness of the void. As I could feel him becoming closer I thumbed the activation switch on my lightsaber. Each second that was wasted in the darkness was another second that came closer to me.

I may seem to only carry two weapons, But in truth I carried more. On my wrist was a chain that was wrapped up and could be extended in less than a second. hidden in my boots were two Derphines' eyes. Inside the sheaths of the daggers were poisions that could kill a man in minutes. The poision that I had used was a Mixture of plants from Kro Var. THe poision took affect by slowing the heart rate, weakeing the body, causing massive headaches. After 2 minutes the person would be dead of the blood clotting up causing their veins to burst. A very painful way to die. More so, I had a Pistol hidden in the small of my back in my waistband. The holster was made to sit there confortibly. On my back was my sword. A sword made by my own hands.

Out from the darkness came a voice speaking of taking me into custody. The blue blade tried to make the point in the statment as they were in charge. Oh how much this man was wrong. Ingniting my own blade, the orange cored, red blade sprung to life in my hand. Little sparks of lava fell from the blade to glow for a few seconds of silence on the ground as they were hotter than a furnace. My smile looked eerie in the light of my Magmasaber staring back at the man that stood before me. "Surrender? You think to low of me my friend." I swung the blade around to point it at the man. "I choose death." As soon as I finised my last word, A ball of flames was thrown at the man the size of a baseball.

Qhorin Solas

Q
In response to my words he ignited his lightsaber. The beam was neither red nor orange, but a mix of the two, one sheathed in the other. Lava dripped from the blade with a soft, sibilant hiss. I had never seen such a saber before, but I could appreciate the concept. It was an interesting design, and certainly dangerous, but I couldn't help but wonder - why did he not fear the fire borne of his blade? In the throes of battle, the tiniest mistake could spell ruin if he fell victim to his own weapon's waste.

"Surrender? You think to low of me my friend." He pointed his saber at my chest. "I choose death."
So be it. I started towards him, steps quick and light against the rocky ground, continuously gather energy. The currents in the Force shifted, and when the Force-adept finished speaking, a ball of flame exploded out of his hand, aimed straight towards me.

!

I tracked its path as it neared, unhurried and unworried. Without breaking stride I side-stepped the burning projectile, felt its heat as it whizzed by my left side to slam into the wall of rock behind me, lighting the cavern with a brief orange glow. Interesting. He could control flame? I wasn't so skilled with Pyrokinesis, barely capable of more than lighting candles and torches. My talents lie in other realms of Force manipulation, geared almost specifically towards combat.

Twelve steps from my target I unleashed a burst of speed, lightsaber gripped tight in two hands, the pommel cap tight against my stomach, the beam parallel with the ground. I positioned myself so that the blade, 145 cm. of blue, superheated plasma, would meet his saber and transfer the kinetic force of my rapid dash into the strike. No wasted motion.

The end of my sprint brought me within extreme close quarters, just inside three meters, my blade seeking his. I aimed to knock his saber away from his body and with a calculated, concentrated explosion of Force energy, seamlessly flow into a tight back-swing directed at his chest. I focused only on the battle, gave no consideration to anything other than the fight, than the clash of my blade against his. There was no life but the fight; no life but the moment.

I was wary of retaliation, of the lava droplets and his ability to control flame, but I was also dogged in my pursuit, and would allow him no purchase should he retreat, always open to the shifting tides of the Force, gathering its fortifying energies with each step. Fire could be snuffed out, if you took away its oxygen, smothered it beneath pure, telekinetic Force.

I was prepared. I would persevere.

__________________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

My hand felt no heat as the ball left the grip of my fingers. The flames flew past the man with a sidestep. Easily done. Yes it was a rather stupid tactic to just send a single burst of fire at the man, but there was an alternate motive to my madness. The ball was sent his way as a fear tactic. Give him doubt of what I could possibly do. As many people rarely had a saber that could allow lava to drip from the blade, I was different. I loved the heat. Infact I was born from it. I was a Fire shaper. One of my many powers was the ability to stop anything from burning me. Lava was no different. Hell I had skinny dipped in lava. Now that is a feat that not everybody can check off their bucket list.

The blade was elegant. As blue as the seas on Mannan. Time seemed to slowdown. Everything went into perspective as though time were stretching the closer the man got to me. His body seemed a blur as he enhanced his speed to maximum levels to shorten the gap between the two of us. The man was Jedi like. Clearly not aiming to kill me like he said. His actions proved that to be true. Readying myself I let my dominate foot fall back and came down to kneel. I made myself a smaller target and allowed my hands to swing around the saber from underneath. As he was coming to the side I slanted my blade up over my head and let the devastating blow slide off of my blade. I saved my saber and the possible event of being weaponless for a second.

The blue and red-orange blades clashed causing sparks to fly as they slid for what seemed an eternity. I brought my left knee down and my right leg up to move fowards all in one motion, moving under the arc of the blue plasma. Once the pressure of the blade passed I let my left hand flame up once again and ball into a fist to launch itself at the mans right kneecap. As my hand came down upon him my teachings came to my mind. "If a man cant stand, he cannot fight." Standing up right after I sent the pommel of my saber to uppercut the man in the jaw. "If a man cant focus, he cannot fight."

I knew that they could be easily dodged as I was not the quickest of people in the world. Though, I compensated for that in battle strategy. I knew were to hit a man to cause the most pain. I knew where to hit a man to restart his brain. I knew where to hit a man if I wanted him to acknowledge that I was superior. However, that was not my purpose in this. I didnt want to kill a man for once in my life.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
He parried my initial attack, then ducked beneath the back swing and stepped close, well within range of my lightsaber. By disengaging our locked blades and freeing his hand, he had left himself open to counterattack, and I seized the moment without hesitation, my mind bereft of any doubt or indecision. I didn't stand idle while he moved; I continued my motion, spinning with the momentum of my back swing, brief flashes of the Force aiding my rapid movement. That was the key to longevity in battle - to use the Force sparingly, but with great effect and a singular purpose.

I brought my saber to bear against his nearest shoulder - his left shoulder - as he punched at my knee, the arcing blue beam of energy perpendicular to the ground. All it took was a subtle twist of my wrists to correctly position the blade, and if my aim be true, the beam would cut through the outstretched arm just below the shoulder. I trusted the economy of my movement - little more than a spin - to trump the steps he had taken to get within arms reach.

I accepted the brief, burning pain of his fiery punch against my knee for the reward of taking off one of his arms. I was not afraid of pain; I had long since learned to control it, to channel it, to make it into a strength.

His accompanying assault against me - the uppercut with the pommel of his blade - weakened his defense even further. He had already left his left shoulder open by releasing his saber and attempting to punch me as I spun in place, but by reversing the grip of his saber in his right hand, turning the hilt so that the pommel faced up, he like-wise left his right shoulder open, and left no way for him to defend against my attack. Because his positioning was so awkward, he couldn't hope to deflect my blade, not with his own arm in between my blade and his. The only avenue available was evasion, if he could manage it, if he could halt his attack mid-punch and escape the range of my lightsaber.

Throughout the brief, split second exchange I remained open to the many shifts in the current of the force, prepared to seize any opportunity presented.

_______________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

My vision brightened up as the man's blue blade came closer to me. I would have to chose to continue my attack and lose and arm, or back off and save my punch for a later date. I was in mid punch, and it would be difficult to just pull back. It wasted time and energy that I needed. Letting my body go full swing I followed my fist with my body. Not aiming to hit the man at all now. Just to evade the blade. I could feel as the blade skimmed across my back cutting into the leather jacket. I cringed as the blade cut open my back but leaving a burn mark across my back. Even with fire powers, I can not stop the burning of a lightsaber.

I had thought that I could possibly take the man out by blade alone. However, I was so wrong. If I kept getting scar after scar like this, soon I would be dead. I was facing away from him now because of the turn, so lunging forwards away from the man and his blade I turned midfall to land on my back. I cringed once again as I now had dirt and rocks dig into my wound. I would have to fight from the ground up on this one. Bringing my left and up I sent this time a stream of flames at the man to allow me to get up.

I scooted back on my butt and tried to get up using my elbow and feet. It took a second but I got there. Bringing my saber up in the Jedi neutral position. I readied myself again.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
As my saber neared his shoulder he abandoned his attack and turned with the blade, inadvertently presenting me with his back. He escaped being disarmed only to field the blow against his back, the superheated plasma beam cutting through leather and flesh alike. I admired his resilience, but questioned his strategy. Turning away only made him blind to my movements, only made him more vulnerable to my advance than he had been before.

He lunged away from me, and again I was perplexed, even as I followed behind him, relentless in my pursuit. I could think of no reason for him to willingly leave his feet, to allow me yet another opening: one had no control in the air, no ability to evade. In that moment, I embodied aggression, my only desire the desire to win. I forgot my aversion to killing and thought only of my love of battle, thought only of the saber gripped tight in my hand, guided by purpose and instinct.

I traversed the rocky floor easily, my steps light, quick, and direct. He hadn't attempted to flee, only to put space between us, but he hadn't moved far enough, fast enough. He twisted in the air as he lunged, landing on his back instead of his chest, but I was right there aside him as he landed, never once missing a step. He had once again put himself in an awkward position, once again left himself open. Fighting from the ground was folly against any foe - he lacked both the leverage to consistently deflect my saber, and maneuverability to consistently evade it.

As I prepared the finishing blow, he thrust out his left hand once more, and I almost frowned - did he expect me to fall for the same trick thrice? This was the third time now he had brandished his left hand to attack me - once before with a projectile, and once after that with a punch. From his prone position, I didn't need the Force to alert me to what came next; it was obvious from his previous actions.

The flames leaped forth from his hand and I thrust my blade into the heart of the fire as it expanded out towards me, straight through his left palm. I could ignore, for a few moments at least, the stream of flame. Burns could be healed, and if he sought to continue our battle after my attack, the brief, stinging pain of his fire - when channeled appropriately - would only heighten my power and aggression.

He could either attempt to evade once more, or accept the finality of my attack and yield his weapon. I didn't think he could sustain the flame with a lightsaber through his palm.

_____________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

My hand sent out flames that could melt iron, yet I admired the man that could withstand the heat. Even so to pierce my hand. Crying out in pain, I yanked back my hand as now a hole was where my palm use to be. Did he think that I could not send fire through other ways of my body? it seemed as he very highly favored my left side. If I were to expose my right, all I would accomplish is injuring another arm. Using pain as a tool I let myself become stronger in the force.

With fire powers I ought to have the advantage, yet I didn't. I needed to think smarter, quicker, and anticipate his moves. Swinging my own saber, I knocked his away from pointing at my steaming hand. Only then did I open my mouth to breath fire. It was not a steady small stream of flames, but a wave that opened up to possibly encompass his body. Even if he were to make a shield, he would not be void of the heat. Though, if he were a man that could also control flames, I could not allow him to try and use it against me. Even though my hand had a hole in it now, I used the force to push the man away from me. it seemed as though the whole cavern just blew up as the whoosh boom of the push came and went.

I had to focus myself, calm down, and keep it simple. Using these fancy maneuvers right off the bat, exposed who I was and how well -poorly trained I was. Now all I wanted to do was smack myself up the head. I still could come back from this. However, the chances were slim.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
The flames spewing from his hand ceased almost the moment they began as my blade sunk through his palm. Fire latched onto my left sleeve as I stabbed him, searing my wrist. I scowled against the resulting pain but gave no other indication of my pain, feeding my feelings to the Force as kindling to a fire. My discomfort only increased my power, and I smothered the remaining flame licking at my arm beneath a wave of telekinetic force, stifling the stinging pain as I moved to finish the fight once and for all. He batted my saber aside, however, pain and desperation giving him speed, and bought himself a brief moment of respite. In that moment, he opened his mouth and belched a wall of rolling fire.

!

I darted to my right, ducking low to the Earth as the roaring blaze arced overhead, growing in size with every passing second. The heat was intense, almost as intense as the heat of a geological compressor, but I had been ill-prepared for his sudden assualt, dead set on ending the battle. He had succeeded in repelling me, but in doing so, he cut off his own vision, unless he could see through fire as well. As I moved aside the fire he pushed out blindly with telekinetic force, his power bolstered by his pain. He clipped me in the side but I kept my feet, sliding to a stop six meters away. I gathered the Force to myself, felt its power fill my every crevice, then pushed all at once, releasing buffeting waves - a strong wind - to press against the flames and fan them away from me.

I hadn't escaped the inferno unscathed. I felt the skin of my left shoulder blistering, and grimaced against the pain, latching onto the anger building in my gut. That hurt.

"Surrender," I all but demanded. "If you yield, I will allow you to live. The Atrisian Empire need never hear of our encounter... but if you continue..." My anger spiked, and I pointed my saber at his chest, adopting a right-handed grip. "I will kill you."

_____________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

I let the stream of flames continue from maw. Each passing second seemed forever. I started to stand up as I spat the flames born from hell. Soon there was a pool of energy that was being gathered. I could feel it as the energys around the man grew exponentially. I could see through flames, but not as well as I would like. I could only see about 3 meters infront of me, as I didnt directly see him. I knew he was further back. I knew that there was going to be an attack on me, rather than fight it I allowed it to come. I slammed my blade into the ground as the wave rolled to me.

I was pushed back a good 3 meters from where I once stood. I could tell by the burn marks of the blade in the ground. Looking up at him and his blue blade I took the time to heal myself Pressing my hand against my other, It hurt as the skin started to form back together. The muscle tussue moved like fingers as the man spoke to me of yielding. I only smiled and shook my head. "Why should I yield to you? you are the one who is arresting me for looking for minerals, and researching. If anybody should yield it should be you."

I was trying to buy myself some time. I needed to mend my wounds, but with the other man also having the force he could possibly heal himself as well. however with a hole in my hand, mine would take longer. "Yes, I am a researcher. I look for information on minerals and infantry weaponry." Slowly my hand began to close from the circular wound in my palm. I was cringing as the flesh formed rapidly. I tried to keep the pain out of my voice, even then maybe he could only tell that I was in pain from my wound by itself, and not healing.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
He put his hands together, leaving his blade buried in the earth. "Why should I yield to you?"​
My eyes narrowed. I knew that that meant. No.

I truly didn't desire to kill him. When I initiated our battle, I had only done so because it was required of me as an Inquisitor. As the battle wore on, however, I fought not for the Atrisian Empire, but for my own selfish love of conflict. Nothing could compare to the rush of combat, to the adrenaline rushing through my veins, to the bright flare of clashing sabers, sparks dancing in my eyes.

I loved to fight in a way that words could not describe. I had given him a chance to surrender, to end the battle.

He didn't take it.

As he spoke I funneled the pain from my burns into my left hand, gathering telekinetic power into the center of my palm. My anger fueled my connection to the Force, fueled the sharpness of my concentration, the strength of my pull -- the pulsating energies throbbed in tandem with the ache of my blistered shoulder, grew as my anger grew, thick and hot and heavy. I could almost see the swirling energies of the Force gathering in my hand, feel the rippling lines of power thickening, compressed into a tighter and tighter point, like a bullet.

"... If anybody should yield it should be you. I am a res - "​
I shot forward as if shot from a canon, repeating my earlier tactic. Saber brandished before me, I blurred into motion, speed bolstered by the black rage roiling in the pit of my stomach, growing with each step. I loosed a vertical slash at his right shoulder -- to force him to the left and away from his blade -- then thrust my left palm towards his chest, releasing the torrent of telekinetic energy gathered in my hand. The flare of pain at the motion was only fuel to the fire.

I could dent durasteel with the force of a concentrated blast. Bone might as well be paper.

___________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

As my own hand began to regrow back to normal, I would have to use it again. The mans body a blur as he rushed at me once more. His aqua blade came like quick death that if a single stab would kill me I avoided it. Moving to the left, just like the man wanted. However this time I was not going to get hit by another blast. When he came at me I didnt just barely sidestep the attack. I used a force push to make me almost hit the wall on the other side. Then only did I push once more against the wall, but this time I moved to the right.

I used the push to propel me to the right and behind the man at just the right angel to avoid the large blast. However with how much energy that had gathered I felt the backlash of the wind caused from it. I in essence had pushed myself to the wall only to rebound off to get myself behind him. I pulled my saber from the ground and spun to face the man with a stab to the back. However much he may have wanted to kill me. I didn't want to kill him. I aimed the saber to stab him in the right shoulder to disable him from using his saber effectively.

I knew that I might have missed with just a simple turn of his body. I knew that he may have been already scarred from the flames that I had sent at him. Only could I protect myself by hurting this man even more. I sent another wave of flames at the man. Using my left hand it shot out with a wide stream of orange fire. I could feel as my eyes began to burn even more so. I could feel slowly my body to melt as though it were made of plastic in a fire. Though this would not hurt me or hinder me from my movements. It was only the beginning.

@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
?
He propelled himself far to the left, almost to the wall of the cavern -- he was beyond the range of my blast, but also out of reach of his lightsaber, still thrust in the earth beside me. He'd abandoned his weapon, if only for a moment, and I couldn't understand why. Was it some sort of ploy? A trick, to lull me into a false sense of security? It was a baffling tactic, surely -- perhaps it had been a mistake? In that split second of thought, however, I decided the reason for his actions didn't matter -- as he pushed off from the wall I lashed out with my blade to cut his lightsaber in half, but nothing happened, save for a spattering of sparks. Interesting. Without wasting a beat pulled the blade from the earth myself -- as my palm closed around the hilt the blade deactivated all on its own.

Throughout his evasion, I kept my 'eyes' on him, maintained my strict focus, tracking his path as he drew near. There was nothing to block my vision, nothing to distract me from my purpose -- there was only him, the rage bubbling up into my chest, and the blade gripped in my right palm.

I pivoted around to meet him as he came to a stop, lashing out with my saber, studiously channeling the ache emanating from my burned shoulder into sheer speed. He reached for a blade that was not there, and I slashed at his outstretched right hand with a twirl of my wrist, to take it off at the forearm. Cho mai to cho mok. I turned my wrist again and my blade righted itself, whipping back to carve into the other arm as he thrust it forward, no doubt to summon another wave of fire.

"Yield," I said again.

_________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

The man had pulled my blade from ground as I tried to reach for it. However he could not use my blade. Oh was I mad. Nobody takes my things. I had made the saber from my bare hands. I had made it from the force. I didnt even use tools to shape the metal as it was still hot. It was my pride and joy. And it was in memory of my Father. I felt hatred towards this man. Pure and utter hatred. Now I was not here just for the mineral deposits. I was here for blood. Anger was coursing through my veins. It pumped in my heart. It was not just a thought in my head anymore. This man would pay.

His blue saber game towards my hand to cut it off as it reached for my saber where it once was. Sadly his saber did not strike my hand as the blue plasma stopped a few inches from my hand. A Force barrier was made around my hand as the saber came down and protected me against the saber. However I could feel the heat as it was oh so close to my hand. With this man, he seemed to flick side attacks at my hand all the time. So it was expected for him to go soon after to my left when it started to shot flames out. Expected and evaded however are two different things. As a Force barrier could only take a few hits before vanishing I tried to make this one stronger by implementing more force energies into the shield. My hand covered itself in a blue glow as the saber was once again stopped.

With the force I sent a force push at him with my left, my right yanked at my saber that was in his hand. With the combined forces of pushing a pulling the man would be hard pressed to keep the blade. Even when he had told me to yield I was not going to. "NO! You should have left me alone." I was not going to let him go. "now you are going to pay."
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
He created barriers over his arms to protect against my attacks, his anger reverberating through the Force. I took it into myself, his anger, to fuel the flames of my own rage. It was a tenant of Vaapaad to use your enemies anger as your own, and though I had learned only a few dozen of the style's sequences, I fully embraced the philosophy. I knew the strength of anger, the strength of the Dark Side, and I had learned to use it, though I never used it lightly. As the barrier blocked my blow, I twisted my wrist forward and slashed at his collarbone. We were standing so close -- literally within arms reach, as he'd just reached for the saber I now had in my hand -- that I suspected he wouldn't be able to dodge.

He didn't.

Instead, he pushed against me with the Force, even as he pulled at his lightsaber gripped in my left hand. My left arm yanked forward and my feet slid back -- just inches, at first. A brief spark of panic flared behind my eyes, but it was soon swallowed by the pain bursting from my shoulder. This ends now, I thought, eyes narrowing. I could imagine my blue irises were flecked with yellow now, so great was the weight of my rapidly burgeoning anger.

I centered myself in the Force, drew on my rage and pain, gathering the boundless energies available to me in the galactic nether. Rage enhanced me, empowered me, and my own telekinesis kept me stable. Grounded, I resisted both push and pull, the strain showing as I grit my teeth. I felt my shoulder slowly pulling itself out of its socket, and funneled each sharp spike of pain into the steel grip I had on the Force, and the lightsaber still gripped tight in my palm. With my free hand, I lashed out again, loosing a blazing display of pure art, twirling my saber single-handedly to carve into his neck and chest and legs, targeting all three zones with each swipe. He would survive the assault, but continuing the fight would be out of the question. I didn't need power behind my swings; I didn't even need precision, he was so close.

I only needed speed, and I had that in spades.

__________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

We were close. Close enough that I could smell the man's breath. I pulled even more when he resisted. I could see as he was pressed as much or even more than I was to keep the saber in his hands. I was full of rage. I could feel that both of us were using the burning flames and hatred in our hearts to fuel each other. I smiled as we kept this steroid version of the child game of tug of war going on. Every second I could see that we were like mirrors. Reflecting each others forces back and forth. But now was the time for me to make him hurt. I was going to pull with all of my strength when his blade lashed out at my neck. There was no quick way for me to dodge it. It would have been impossible. But I had this man strung up like a rubber band.

Wait a rubber band. Time slowed as thoughts raced in my head about this. rubber band. Smiling I let go of the saber. As I was pulling and pushing on the man with such force. All I had to do was let go of one side. I had to let go of my saber. I was turning this man's body into a rubber band. It played over in my head, Letting go of him on one end would let the constant force push, push. Sending him away from me, with his blade swinging in the air. Nowhere near my neck, chest and legs.

As the man would fly backwards I stopped using the force to push him. I didnt need as much power with that now. all I needed was a nice tug. I gripped the hilt of my saber with the force. I seemed to grab my saber in the air with both hands as I yanked him towards me. That was just to get it started. As if I was just going to pull him at myself again. I knew that the force was in every extension of my body. as in EVERY one. Smiling I sent a force push Via Kick at the man. I looked like a fool as my hands griped an invisible saber, and kicking at a Phantom warrior, but I didnt care. I wanted my saber back.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Qhorin Solas

Q
The Force was not a physical muscle -- enhancing my grip on the lightsaber through the Force had no effect on my balance. I didn't pull against him with my physical body -- only centered myself in the face of his telekinetic assault, and increased the strength of my grip, both physically and metaphysically. That was evident by the case of my shoulder slowly being pulled out of place.

By grounding myself I resisted both his pulling and his pushing -- not one or the other, but both. Releasing one half of his telekinetic assault didn't alter that fact.

Perhaps, if I had countered his pulling with actual physical strength as opposed to telekinesis - or if I had resisted only one facet of his telekinesis, if I had pulled instead of gripped, or pullled instead of pushed, releasing his telekinetic hold on his lightsaber might have thrown off my equilibrium -- or, maybe, if he had been pulling me instead of only the saber, I might have lost my balance. As it were, I had grounded myself, anchored myself to the earth beneath my feet, and gave as good as I got. I pushed as he pushed, gripping the saber tight in my fist, so that when he stopped pulling my arm, nothing happened. His telekinetic push was matched by own -- had been matched by my own throughout the brief exchange. The pain in my shoulder eased when the pulling ceased, but I didn't move, save for my left hand falling to my side.

Unhindered, my blade found purchase.

The fight was over.

_____________________​
@[member="Morna Imura"]​

The saber came across my chest. The blade came down from my shoulder to my hip leaving a gash that was rather hurtful. The blade then swept across my right leg. As my left was still up in the air trying to push the man away. I fell to the ground clutching my chest and my face completely scrunched up in pain. I landed hard on my back. I could no longer feel my right leg. I could only feel down to my knee and thats where it stopped. I roared in pain at the man. Cursing him for what he had done. With my right hand I propped myself up. Getting a good look at his face.

"You just had to attack a researcher!" I welled up a wad of spit in my mouth and spat on his shoes. "Didn't you!" I let myself fall back. My head slammed into the ground. Though, I felt no pain as I had just lost my right leg. I slammed my fist on the ground. Pissed at myself and the man standing there. "Leave me." I tried so hard as the man might take my saber away. I prized the weapon. I made it literally from my bare hands. In memory of my father. Using his Phrik that he had found a some 20 years before. Now it was a waste. "Goddamn it! atleast leave me my fathers pride." I pointed to the saber that was still clutched in his hand.

Once again I fell down. clutching my chest with my left and my leg with my right. Screaming on the top of my lungs I cursed everything I could think of. The man who took my leg, myself, the sith who killed my parents, the Sith in general, the Jedi. All of it. When I stopped I just laid there waiting for the man to leave me.
@[member="Cronos Aegir"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom