Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Rebel and the Loyalist

"I plan some if them on my own..." There were many times in which she led the different offensives with Arla and Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin . Sometimes with R Reyn Australis as well. And there were other times in which she was brought to any given place by message.

Arla continued to keep her blaster trained on Kessia Miran Kessia Miran . There was no trust between her and the imposter. Yet she wasn't going to fire upon her without the command to do so.

"I'm not being exploited. I chose this position for a reason. I didn't have to do it if I didn't want to." There were no ranks within the Rebels that she was aware of. Yet the Empire might be single-minded when it came to the structure of organizations. They might only be able to think in military terms.

"I think that the only one that'll be wanting to exploit me is you...."

Kessia Miran
Chameleon, Knight Warden of the Wardens of the Shroud, Agent of Blackwatch, sithspawn, L’lerim’s right hand
N6DAWN9.png
Equipment: Simple light armor,modified Tactical Turtleneck | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit | Simple robe | 2x Westar 34 blaster pistol | 2x vibroblade | 2x Red blade lightsaber shoto | Stealth field generator | Holographic disguise matrix | G1 OmniLink
Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun
dRUm20K.png

Then she didn't get into things by accident. She nodded at the explanation, yet the innocent bird was not as innocent as it first seemed. Although they already knew this, there were no surprises in it. Kessia still didn’t care that the HRD was still aiming her with the blaster rifle, it didn’t matter. If the HRD attacks, then she will deal with it. She knew it would be painful to hit her, but she wouldn't die in it because of her armour, and thanks to her ability to regenerate, would soon be okay.

Kessia wasn’t really thinking about a military structure, but an organized group where there are bosses and everyone does what they do best. Organized like a workplace. This does not have to be a military structure. She thought that not everyone was going just after their own head, without any central control, that would be pretty weird, though based on what she said they were doing what they wanted, they seemed like a pretty amateur company.

”I am amazed that your rebellion has not yet broken up” she chuckled.

She turned her head slightly to the side after the girl’s words. She got a completely fair offer where she can save everyone, all very cheaply. Kessia could have even killed her to take her place and smash the Rebellion from inside. Compared to that, she was very gracious, for she received such an order.

”If you see it as an exploitation that I offer to save the lives of your rebel friends… Well…” she shrugged.

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Lori still remained firmly planted in place while she stared down Kessia Miran Kessia Miran while the woman wore her face. It was unnerving as much as it was annoying. Yet Kessia's words struck her more than what she was looking at.

"The fact that the Rebels are so unpredictable is what keeps us from falling apart." Better to keep the Empire guessing. And if blackmailing her was what they could think of as a means of stopping the Rebels, then she was sure that the Rebellion was doing far better than the Empire led on.

"At what cost will their lives be saved? Just because you defeat a people in war, just because you have the biggest guns, it doesn't give you the right to oppress others and take their freedoms. They are not yours to take. You don't own them. They are not your people. The Rebels help them to regain what they had lost, to fight against oppression when they didn't ask for it. No one joins the fight and not expect an element of risk. You slaughter unarmed civilians, even children. What makes you think that I can trust any promises you make that lives would be spared? I have very little reason to trust you...." Was this what her Mom went through when she was blackmailed into surrendering to the Sith to save Commenor? That didn't go well for her either. The people were enslaved while Lori, her brother and Dad were hunted in a further bid to keep Commenor under their control.

Yet in the end the Sith were pushed out of Commenor through another war to retake the planet. Lori was certain that the Eternal Empire would be pushed out of the known Galaxy as well.

Kessia Miran
Chameleon, Knight Warden of the Wardens of the Shroud, Agent of Blackwatch, sithspawn, L’lerim’s right hand
N6DAWN9.png
Equipment: Simple light armor,modified Tactical Turtleneck | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit | Simple robe | 2x Westar 34 blaster pistol | 2x vibroblade | 2x Red blade lightsaber shoto | Stealth field generator | Holographic disguise matrix | G1 OmniLink
dRUm20K.png

Kessia continued to really enjoy how uncomfortable Loreena felt in her presence. It was for this reason alone that she took on the shape of the girl and showed her what she was capable of. In response, she just shrugged this time, then listened to what the other said. Chuckled several times, just because of what she heard. Did the girl notice what she was talking about? That she says roughly the same thing as the Emperor, just standing on the exact opposite side? This rebellion was dirtier than the Eternal Empire.

”So, you don't care about anyone's life or anything else within the Rebellion. I understand! And what if they don't ask you? When you want to force your will on someone just because you think the other side is wrong? How much is this different from what you are fighting against? By no means are you exactly the same. You were there on Lanteeb during the festivals, trying to dissuade the people of the planet from what they had decided. If you and your rebellion had more power, you would equally occupy, subjugate planets for the greater good. Tell me, my dear, how much right do you have to talk about morality after that?”

She looked at her with a smile, waiting for an answer. Guessed she would get an objection and a protest in response to no, they are not like that. But, they were. Ended up spreading her arms for a few moments.

”Let’s see, starting with the fact that I could have killed you and taken your place without anyone knowing. It was already very kind of me not to do it. In addition to these, I will release you, the droid, and your lover. Unharmed. How many blackmailers would be so kind?”

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Lori shook her head quickly. Kessia Miran Kessia Miran had it all wrong. But how was it known that she was on Lanteeb? How long had the Empire been watching her? When and where did they start? Straight after Bakura? Or sooner? "No. That's not how it goes! If the people don't want out of the Empire's grip, without any signs of blackmail or coercion, then we'd let them be. And we weren't on Lanteeb to try to change their minds. Or at the very least I wasn't, and neither was ny crew." She was there to gain intel, meet new members and to drop off cargo. There was no attempt to free the planet that she was aware of.

Lori slowly sat down in her chair again. She needed to. The strain on her injury was getting too much. If she had spent time in a bacta tank, it'd all be different. But she hadn't been able to get to one yet.

The fact that Kessia referred to Curtis Learchin Curtis Learchin as her lover almost made her blush a bit, in spite of herself. The two hadn't been intimate yet. Their connection was far deeper than that. The Rebellion and Curtis' own goings on kept them preoccupied. So much so that by the time they needed to retire for the night, they mostly just fell asleep in eachother's arms. Lori felt safe with him. He didn't pressure her into anything and she rather liked that.

"None...would be so kind, no. Yet we're not exactly trying to kill you either. We're not cold blooded killers." Yet it still boiled down to what Lori would do to keep the Rebels alive. She didn't want to be compromised. She didn't want to be a spy for them or be an informant.

Arla lowered her weapon, yet still kept it in hand. Kessia had figured her out. She was built to convince even biometric scans and yet Kessia had figured it out. That wasn't a good thing as far as Lori was concerned.

"Do they all know about my droid? Or did you just figure it out now?"

Kessia Miran
N6DAWN9.png
dRUm20K.png

Kessia chuckled again at what Loreena had said and shook her head.

”Do you really think that appearing without a call somewhere no longer counts as much of an influence as what the Empire does? If so, you are still terribly naive. Lanteeb… I didn't mean to you personally, I thought of the Rebellion.” she said.

It didn’t even occur to Kessia that only the girl was there, she read in the reports that the Rebellion was present. They even had a spy on the planet among the rebels, so they knew it all. Meanwhile, the girl sat back in her chair, looking like she was having a hard time moving and she was in pain.

Regarding the droid, it might have cheated on a scanner, but in the Force there couldn’t have been a Force pattern, without which it was hard enough to seem alive. But the other thing that confirmed Kessia was that she recognized the make and knew she was a droid even without remembering it. And at the mention of the lover, the girl blushed very girlishly. Kessia finally shook her head.

”No, they can't.” she said honestly. ”They know she's a living being a human. We can even include this in the contract to be concluded. That I will not tell you, I will not write in the report if you do what I ask. The droid will still be believed to be human. That’s really what fits into bargaining.”

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Lori furrowed her brows. If the Empire really knew that Rebels were on Lanteeb, then at least they got their purpose for being there wrong. But it wasn't as though that helped them any. And it certainly didn't help her.

She folded her arms across her chest, gently resting them there. As much as it was a posture of defiance, Lori was using it to protect her vulnerabilities as well.

"A contract? You're going to have me sign...a contract? Stating what?" Lori didn't like where this was headed. If Kessia Miran Kessia Miran made her sign a contract, then she'd be bound to it both by honour and by the Empire's laws. She wasn't a citizen, yet breaking a contract would provide inherent risk whenever she was in their sector. It could be used to warrant her arrest and even her own death. It was risky. Very, very risky. And surely there were very dire consequences should the contract be broken.

"And what if you break the contract?"

Kessia Miran
N6DAWN9.png
dRUm20K.png

Kessia sighed, now it was quite striking to the assassin that she was literally interpreting everything. It was as if she had never been among people, or could not perceive tones, shades of words. She really only saw this in very young children. Finally, she shook her head and spoke slowly, in an almost tired voice.

”Do you really take everything literally?” she asked.

She asked seriously, not just that she wasn't really waiting for an answer. Not just because it wasn’t the first case like this, but many in a row. And all in all, she got the question of what would happen if the Empire broke the “contract”. Kessia chuckled softly again. It could have been that nothing was good, because it really was, although perhaps it was the best for the girl. And the most uncomfortable for Kessia.

”Well, that's a very comprehensive question. Nothing good from your point of view. Because I will be the last thing you see in your life. Because in this case, you will die, and I will take your place within the Rebellion. The good part, on the other hand, is that you don't have to worry about your family and friends or your lover anymore, because in this case, since you don't live anymore, we don't benefit from them, they can live in peace. But if I may, don’t ruin my game by killing yourself with me. Where would the fun stay then?”

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

"Hey, I work in shipping. Contracts are all a part of the job. And they are literal ones. So yes, when someone mentions a contract, I expect one to be written." Lori was always honour bound to follow contracts that she signed. It was just the way that she was taught, both by her parents and by the Mandalorians.

Plus it was how she usually got paid.

The very idea of Kessia Miran Kessia Miran taking her place and fooling people gave her a shiver. Sure there were some people that might figure it out, but not everyone. And therein lay the problem. Lori couldn't do anything if she was dead. But at least she could warn them of the possibility while she was alive.

"Okay fine. You gave your warning. Now can you go please? I have work to do..."

Kessia Miran
N6DAWN9.png
dRUm20K.png

She chuckled again as the other girl spoke indignantly about the contracts. She learned quite a lot about the girl, enough to take her place if necessary. And if Lori doesn’t do what she asked for, her expiration will start. So now it was up to the girl what she was going to do.

”I wouldn’t be surprised if others could often fool you.” she tells, and she didn’t mean this to the contracts.

As she was still watching her, she could see exactly as the other began to tremble after her words. Kessia lips twitched into a predatory smile. She was pleased with what she saw, mainly because she even believed the woman was going to do what she said. And this was all true. @Ingrid L’lerim never threatened with empty words, so Kessia didn’t either, as she complied with the woman’s order. Loreena understood what she was up against, and that was very good. She will probably warn her family soon, Kessia thought that. Those L'lerim had visited by then.

To mention the departure, she took back the cloak and mask, then under them again changed her own shape and took on her original shape again. She got up from her chair when she was not asked to leave very nicely. She put down a communication device where she had sat so far.

”From this device, you can send information only to one device. I look forward to the information you will send.” she said in her own original voice now. ”If they fall behind, you know what will happen next.”

With this, unless prevented, the woman leaves the cockpit and then the ship…

//OOC: Thank you so much for the game! ^^ //
wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom