Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rain Hides Our Tears

martyrmemorial1.jpg
~Hana Kin 'The Golden Flower'~

It was a somber day on the second planet of the Hikari System in the Outer Rim. A cold rain was falling steadily on the gathered crowds across the open plaza of the new memorial, one that was to blessed this very day and open to all.

She was glad for the rains though, for they would hide her own tears...

The procession of priests and priestesses slowly marched along their path through the crowd, each holding a lantern as the lead priestess' led the way. Each was to signify the souls they were here to honor. The guests included many Akarans, members of the coalition, veterans of the battles, and the newly arrived refugees. Kimiko had welcomed them all with open arms, and gave them a new place on her second planet. It was the best she could offer.

Ki's mind had wandered and she snapped to when a hand gently placed itself on her shoulder,"Your Majesty, it's your turn." Chika informed her, purposefully not making eye-contact. Internally, she winced, reminded of how harsh her words towards the woman chiding herself for not apologizing. Ki nodded before stepping up to Nozomi and ceremonially retrieving her lantern and turning to the masses.

"Friends, families, guests," she began, projecting her voice the best she could,"we gather here tonight to honor the memory of those we have lost in the recent conflicts on our border. It is never an occasion that should be taken lightly, and we have done nothing of the sort. I have happily and without hesitation offered my home for those displaced by these events, and the monument before is for them." she turned, and placed the lantern in socket, many of which lined the monument and the priests all followed suit. Once done, they all bowed and a bright beam of light shot up into the sky, illuminating the clouds above,"This light symbolizes the journey those who have departed to afterlife, and will be a beacon for all to remember the path they have taken."

Kimiko turned back to her audience, choking back her own tears,"Guests, please enjoy your stay with us. Welcome those who have been recently displaced to our family. Please, if anything is needed, inform any of my attendants or myself and it shall be done. Thank you." she bowed low, taking the moment to regain her composure before righting and slowly retreating.

OOC:
This is for all those who participated in the Saijo and Terminus campaigns and wish to pay respects for those we lost. So please, join me at the bar and let's do this right!
Please, tag away. [member="Dax Fyre"]

Cathul's heart sank like a stone since the whole Terminus campaign: the sheer amount of dead in orbit outstripped what was even happening on the ground. Qektoth, Kathol, and especially Squib were those taking the brunt of the casualties. She may have been a Big-Time Heroine of Beyond-Squib Eliteness, [member="Kimiko Taiyō"] and the Nagai she was on Terminus to protect from the First Order were a painful reminder of the sacrifices of war to her. It was saddening, to say the least, and she was about to burst in tears, while wearing this dark blue dress uniform that she never wore outside of funeral rites. I hope the others that were fighting in the flying temple are safe, she thought, while the final act of the damaged Wrath prior to retreating from the system was to fire at the flying temple whose shields were down as a result of continuously firing a proton beam at the FO's flagship. She didn't hear back from Gnost-Dural, its commanding officer, until today, but then again the Supreme Leader retreated from the flying temple after that volley. Maybe, for what she knew, a survivor from the temple would be here today, too. For now anyway, she kept quiet.

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax had his pulled up and over his head, protecting him from the light rain that fell from the skies. He stood off to the side of the ceremony, Halzyn and Brill alongside him, Athena at his feet, the hunting beast, usually alert and restless, somber in her own way. She could sense the sadness in her companion's heart. "You didn't know, Dax," Halzyn said, using the Rogue's name an act the soldier rarely took part in. "You can't blame yourself," Brill agreed, attempting to console the man she considered a mentor. "I know that..." Dax responded, voice low, far quieter than his usual loud and rambunctious volume, "but it doesn't change a damn thing. I should've done something." The Rogue didn't leave the two any room to speak before he began to move away from them and towards the snowy haired fox who shared his grief, Athena padding along beside him. Even as Dax approached her, he couldn't quite look her in the eyes. He couldn't speak. There was nothing that could be said anyways, not really.

[member="Kimiko Taiyō"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom