Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Quiet Hours | Free Worlds & OSL

Evening settled over Kuat City, the bustling nightlife of the entertainment district becoming more apparent...

Hadleigh leans over the balcony of her home, the sound of the city filling her ears as ambiance. "My Lady, it is time." One of her aides stepped forth to remind her of more pressing matters. Very rarely would she have time off, but thankfully what comes next is still more relaxing than other aspects of her routine.

The woman marched through empty corridors and past servants. From the lower level she maneuvers to the lobby of her estate, grabbing her coat and then heading out. She was to meet with a representative from the Order of the Sacred Lotus. An Order she had to admit her unfamiliarity with, only hearing rumours of them through back channels elsewhere in the galaxy.

Yet Kuat was in desperate need of assistance, and she was sure they could use her help as well.

Their meeting point? An empty concert hall temporarily repurposed as a private retreat. No concert is to be held at this venue tonight, instead a modest table fit for a few had been settled on the stage, with a set of chairs packed snugly on all sides. Once she had arrived, Hadleigh sits tightly and awaits the arrival of her guest.

Of course refreshments sat idly in the center of the said table, awaiting anyone who would dare partake.

[member="Bethany Kismet"]

Over the last few months, Bethany had grown accustomed to hosting people on Monastery. Not that she was unwilling to go elsewhere, but there was so much work to do. Between building Santuary as well as the actual work of the Order, she rarely had time to spread her attentions elsewhere, and either interested parties came to her, or they had to wait.

But as the Order grew, there was more opportunity.

So she was on Kuat with [member="Elijah Henson"] and a few other members of the Order, to discuss, what she hoped, would be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

The small group was lead to the empty concert hall, and Bethany inclined her head in thanks.

The diminutive woman looked, in truth, very little like a Jedi Master. She didn't wear the robes of that order, instead opting for a simple wrapped tunic of white. No lightsaber hung at her hip. Pale face (younger in appearance than she was in truth) was frame by long, black hair. Brilliant emerald eyes took in the stage, the empty space, the table, and @Hadleigh Perkis as the small group moved up the stairs.

"Greetings," she said, pausing and offering a small bow, her hands meeting in a gesture of salutation and respect before her.

"My name is Bethany Kismet, and we are honored to join you here today."

Hadleigh rose from her seat, her arm swinging out gently in gesture of the empty chairs.

"Please, have a seat." She addresses them before sitting again herself, "I am pleased you are able to meet with me. I half expected a representative considering how busy your order must be." Indeed the galaxy itself appears to be working in overdrive recently. The Galactic Alliance continues to pummel its enemies, wrestling for control with the First Order. The Mandalorians are dealing with a crisis and the Sith are once more on the rise.

Even after the fall of the One Sith and Galactic Republic, the galaxy did not stop churning out new bastions of power from which such orders can regain lost territories and wage their infinite wars. Yet such happenings are exactly why Kuat and the Order of the Sacred Lotus meet this day; to help each other. To build a better galaxy together. Or so Hadleigh hoped at least.

"Feel free to enjoy the provisions as we talk, I am in no rush." The acoustics of the theatre carry voices quite far, making everyone crystal clear to even the oldest ears.

[member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Elijah Henson"]

Elijah gave a slight bow, albeit a more lazy one compared to the Jedi Master he was standing to the side of - which itself was a somewhat comical sight given he stood just over a foot taller than her.

He was dressed in his usual attire, looking more like a smuggler or an off duty soldier than a Jedi Padawan. That, and Elijah would never be caught wearing any kind of robe or tunic as it just looked silly on him. The only time he had wore anything like that was during his short time with the New Jedi Order, and even then he always tried to avoid wearing the clothing. On his belt were two things, his ever constant companions. On the right was a simple blaster, and the left his trusty flask.

As they walked into the empty hall, Elijah was very tempted to let out a whistle. He wasn't entirely sure why - just an impulse reaction to test out the acoustics. But he ultimately refrained from doing so and just remained quiet as Bethany introduced herself.

Once seated, Elijah immediately reached towards the provisions, picking up a few things among of which was one of the drinks - mildly curious at what kind was provided.

[member="Hadleigh Purkis"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Bethany offered a warm smile to [member="Hadleigh Purkis"] before nodding and slipping into the seat closest to the other woman.

"We are a small enough organization, truthfully, that there are few enough of us to send a representative in our place," she said with a bit of a rueful chuckle. "Of our leadership council, diplomatic efforts typically fall to me."

Send [member="Michael Sardun"] or [member="Hal Terrano"] to meet others and discuss terms? The three of them had agreed from the beginning that she was in truth the only one of them suited for that. She glanced over at [member="Elijah Henson"] momentarily. She was hoping that eventually he would fit into that role as well- he already showed a certain aptitude for it. It was one of the reasons she had brought him with her today. More experience in that regard.

"This is Elijah Henson, another member of the Order," she continued, gesturing to her friend. "He was kind enough to agree to accompany me today."

She poured herself a glass of water, drawing a tray of fruits over and selecting carefully. A vegetarian, she was pleased with the variety offered.

"It's been..... many years since I've visited Kuat," Bethany said with a smile. It was a gross understatement. "Perhaps you could tell me a little bit about the current situation here?"

Hadleigh proved a patient woman, listening intently as Bethany spoke.

Indeed the table was ripe with a selection of things to eat and drink. Fresh water, wines from across the galaxy, and a variety of fruits and vegetables. With a few meat selections in-between. "I wish I could say things were never better," she glanced over to Elijah briefly, but maintained most of her focus on Bethany.

"However, the truth is that Kuat is in a state of disarray. Sith, anarchists, and other extremists threaten to destroy everything we had hoped to create. Even if the Free Worlds Coalition is to wane, I will do everything I can for Kuat to survive."

Of course, she was speaking from a position of recent experience. Two plots on her life had been made already... "I hope not to scare you or your organisation off world, but we simply lack expert assistance in aid. I believe my people need a beacon to look towards, and I am spread thin." In no small part due to the fragile accord between house Purkis and house Andrim, but Hadleigh had forgone mentioning that.

"It is my hopes that your order is willing to offer assistance, and in exchange our shipyards could do you some good too."

[member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Elijah Henson"]

Alace T'Ran

One With The Force; The Force Is With Her
Alace was quiet throughout the time on the planet. She didn't even utter a word. She was just happy to be there on Kuat. She was happy to help in a time of need. She always felt happy making others happy. She attended the event in her usual black robes (In Signature) and presented herself with a large smile. She came without anything with her. No books. No bags. No weapons, although she wouldn't have weapons either way seeing as she owned no weapons. She took a seat close to the leader of the Order of the Sacred Lotus and quietly watched [member="Hadleigh Purkis"] and [member="Bethany Kismet"] closely as they were speaking.

Alace looked down as she listened to the poor woman speak of her troubles. Kuat needed help, now more than ever. She wouldn't want them to have to deal with this alone. She mumbled to herself the many things that could possibly happen without help. Kuat could be destroyed. It could end up being controlled by sith. Everything could fall into anarchy. It would be a terribly thing if something like this were to happen.

Alace got up out of her seat quietly to step over to Bethany and whisper into her ear "I do believe this will be a good idea. You can't just leave them."

[member="Elijah Henson"]

"I hope not to scare you or your organisation off world, but we simply lack expert assistance in aid."

"You'll find that we are not easily frightened," Bethany murmured with a small smile before [member="Hadleigh Purkis"] continued.

She had listened closely to the words being shared, but certain emotional undercurrents punctuated them far more than any mere statements possibly could. This woman was sincere in her hopes.... and in her fears.

Bethany had been about to respond when [member="Alace T'Ran"] leaned over and whispered to her.

In fairness, the young woman had not been with the Order for very long. If she had been, she would have known that helping these people, for Bethany, went without saying. There was no hesitation in offering aid. Beyond the fact that it was the very foundation that the Order was built upon, it was a integral part of Bethany's own relationship with the galaxy and the Force itself.

Someone else might have been annoyed. Or even offended. But Bethany just smiled, nodding slightly to indicate that she had heard and agreed with that assessment. In truth, she wanted the people involved with the Order to take initiative and show the conviction that had brought them to Monastery in the first place. She would always encourage, never discourage it.

"You understand that the aid of our Order comes with no strings attached," she said softly then. "But we would accept donations that will help us aid other places at other times, of whatever type you are willing to give. The Order is uniquely suited to offer medical aid, but we also can help with infrastructure needs, offering solace to whomever needs it, as well as education opportunities in a wide variety of fields. I do not know what, beyond a beacon, your people need by way of aid, but what we have and can do is at your disposal, once we have a better grasp of what is within our power to change."

​[member="Elijah Henson"]

A soft smile found way to Hadleigh's lips.

"There is no shortage of what I can offer in return, and I would like to sincerely donate to your cause too." Hadleigh herself took sip from a freshly poured cup of wine, the dark red liquid gave off a faint aroma whilst stirring in the metal container. "Our company once constructed medical transports and frigates to assist the Republics and Empires of old, and for you I would offer the same... As a way to strengthen your cause."

Of course Hadleigh is still a businesswoman, it didn't require guessing to see how this could suit them as well. But that didn't make it selfish, either. Did it? She didn't think so. "You and your order will be granted access to travel throughout Kuat City for now, but I must ask that you stay away from K-D-Y facilities. We don't want anyone to think you're here for us, and not to help the people." She insists, then taking another sip of wine.

Hadleigh's tongue hungered for more of the liquid, but she kept the rim at bay after departing it from her lips.

[member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Alace T'Ran"] | [member="Elijah Henson"]

Elijah remained mostly quiet as he listened to the two women converse, breaking it briefly to incline his head in a small nod when Bethany had introduced him. He did however chuckle slightly when she had brought up the matter of diplomacy, silently agreeing that he couldn't see either Hal or Michael taking to it well - especially the later.

Her glance in his direction wasn't missed by him either. Even though she hadn't outright said it, he knew part of his being here was to build up experience on these matters - to later on take on the duty. Which if he was honest, he'd happily take on if it meant not winding up in another Mandalore situation again.

He took a sip of the drink he had chosen, swirling it around in the cup afterwards. Elijah couldn't place it exactly, but it was alcoholic which to him was more than enough.

As he drank and ate what was in front of him, Elijah used it as a veil to conceal his time obversing Hadleigh. First he took note of her various features; eyes, skin, hair and so on. If he had to guess, he'd put her roughly around the same age as him. Then he took in how she presented herself; clothing, her posture. The words she chose and the inflections here and there in her voice. When she had mentioned Kuat's state, he could tell that somewhere it went deeper - to a more personal level for Hadleigh.

Profiling. It was a lesson Elijah had been taught during his SIS days, making it possible to observe someone without being blatantly obtrusive about it.

At the mention of Kuat's facilities, a thought occured to Elijah and he placed his cup down before finally speak up for the first time since arriving.

"If it's not too much trouble, I would like to have a look at what ships Kuat can provide. Or at least schematics. I've made it a point to familiarise myself with what the Order has already. So it would be nice to get a bit of look into things, work out how and where Kuat's can fit."

[member="Hadleigh Purkis"] | [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Alace T'Ran"]

Maeve was on Kuat sent on behalf of the Coalition, Alderaan, and her family. She was not here to negotiate only to represent. It was odd not being on Alderaan, or on Mandalore. Both were her home and Kuat seemed so different, and yet held much of the same things that her homes held.

She had seen the arrival of the members from the Order, a Jedi Order. She was curious about them. She had heard they needed supplies perhaps that was how she would gain access to meet with them. She could offer them supplies from MandalMedical, surely her mother would not mind.

But. Maeve would have to wait.

She sat outside the offices where they were meeting, patience was a virture.

[member="Elijah Henson"] [member="Hadleigh Purkis"] [member="Bethany Kismet"]

Bethany inclined her head.

"Of course. I understand completely. While we are here on your invitation, it is for those here on Kuat."

She appreciated that while it would be good for [member="Hadleigh Purkis"] to take advantage of the PR that could come from having the Lotus here, she did not seem keen on doing so. It reaffirmed the good intentions of the other woman, her sincerity in this venture.

Glancing over at [member="Elijah Henson"], she gave a small, appreciative nod.

"Thank you Elijah."

With him working on that aspect, it would free Bethany up for what, from her perspective, were more important things. While she appreciated the offer of additional ships, it really wasn't why she was here, after all.

"Are there certain areas that are in the most dire of need? We can focus our attentions there to start, and spread out. Any information you can give me on the details will help us start working faster. We will send assessment teams out as well, so do not be concerned if there is little you can tell me."

Bethany needed to know what parts of the city she needed to send people to first, if that information was available.

[member="Maeve Ar'klim"] [member="Alace T'Ran"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom