Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Quest (Jedi)

To say that Phylis Alince was interested in history was like saying that Sith were interested in power. It was true, but didn't convey the magnitude of said interest.
Most of the things she studied and discovered were of fairly academic interest, but now though she had come across...something. Something she found very interesting indeed, something which was actually important to others.

Therefore she had sent out a message to all Jedi who happened to be on Coruscant who might be interested in going with her. Now, she was only a Jedi Knight, but she was well respected enough in this field to have some latitude and freedom of movement.

So as people started to arrive in one of the training rooms she put a picture up on screen, one which was familiar to her, but maybe not to others.
Starmap2.jpg

It was at the heart of her research and she really, really hoped that her conclusions were right or else a lot might go wrong!

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Jaxton walked to a training room, his emotions filled with . . . mostly nothing to be honest. He wanted to say he was excited. Some fellow Jedi Knight had requested assistance in something, and he knew it involved ancient history or ancient artifacts, or something like that, but Jaxton really wasn't a historian. Not that he didn't respect it, or didn't see the value in it, it just didn't excite him. Still, he heeded the call for assistance as he wanted to help the community and also meet some new members of the order. Though he had been knighted, he had still been in the order for less than a year and didn't know many people. So he continued onwards and into the room, where a female Jedi had a monitor displaying an old map. Jaxton looked around, and decided that he was gonna ask the dumb question that everybody else probably knew already.

"Why did you bring us in to show us a picture of a map?"

Being a Jedi had once been fulfilling for the seemingly young Clan Mother of the planet Dathomir. She had gone out into the galaxy, sought out other lightsiders, learned from them, it had been where she was meant to be at that point in time. While she still remained loyal to many of their ideals, her home had slowly began to call out to her. Still, leaving in the middle of the night was not the woman's style. She wanted to be respectful to her fellow Jedi and not simply disappear.

Closed off in her room, pondering her latest thoughts, Satara was suddenly distracted when she heard the communicator in her room beep out, making her push the thoughts aside for a bit, checking the message. It had been addressed to all the Jedi currently on the planet, from Phylis Alince, a fellow Jedi Knight. The female knew very little of the female, mostly just word of the mouth from other Jedi. Such things got around. But it wan't really much to go on.

Taking her cloak on over her robes, she existed her sleeping quarters and moved through the structure, arriving to one of the training room where she was told they would meet. Upon entering, she glanced at the female present and nodded. "Greetings, Knight Alince. I am Satara Hawk," the raven haired woman told the woman, offering a small smile. Formel introductions seemed to be in order. It took her a second to spot the male as well, a pink skinned one that she didn't know. "Hello," the female merely said.

@[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Spencer sat in the corner with her lips pressed together. She was in trouble because of her actions of running off. Despite her pout look, the young padawan was more than exhilarated to be here with her Master. It was going to be their first adventure and Spencer's first time stepping outside of the temple for some time. Remaining quiet like Phylis had asked her to be, Spencer watched as every filed in. She looked down at her hands and played with a pile of dirt creating figures that marched along the floor and then disappeared into dust. Spencer wasn't a bad padawan, she just had really really bad luck.

Finally looking up, Spencer gave the two entering Jedis a cute smile then turned her attention towards the woman that had just entered. Vivid memories of her childhood entered her mind, they were brief though she remembered the woman fondly. Satara Hawk was Spencer's mother in all rights, she had raised the girl until she became a youngling at the academy. Spencer's "unique" empathic skills would eventually prove useful the the Jedi in good time. Shifting in her seat, she wanted to go hug Satara, but Spencer had to obey Phylis. Looking over at the master she whined with her voice making soft noises as she did so. The soft noises were quiet enough for only Phylis to hear.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Coruscant Training Room
All

Karen lived, worked, and breathed Tython. But since Jaxton's promotion she had scheduled some welcome time to herself. Grant was busy elsewhere so Karen had decided to occupancy Knight Alince on her latest quest. She arrived to the room wear a blue Cinnagarian robe over a black body-glove. She was not wearing shoes.

"Hello."

She smiled and bowed as she entered. Coming to stand next to Jaxton with only a friendly wink. She would wait for introductions, or the meeting to begin.

assandraStarfire

Commander - Fleet Medical Officer
Sirantha walked to a training room, unsure if she could join she after all was padawan and her master was there. She was sure she could be useful, but she was there just to satisfy her intelectual hunger. "Hello , knight Phylis Alince I would like to join you if it's acceptable?" She started walking with show of confidence that she belongs there and took space beside the two knights and gave the little wave and smile "HI." She turnet to her and sayd "Hello, Master"

She looked to where Spencer was clearly suffering. Compassion and strictness fought within her. Strictness won, as she had still not entirely forgiven Spencer for her recent misadventures.
"After the meeting," she hissed at her Padawan.

Looking to the others she spread her hands. "Welcome, my friends, we shall begin."

Phylis smiled at @[member="Jaxton Ravos"]. "A valid question, I am assuming you do not recognise the type of map that it is, then? That, my friends, is a Rakatan Star Map. The Rakatan, you may know, were a powerful race which controlled much of the galaxy some 30,000 years ago, before the Sith, Jedi or Republic. You may also know that they were consumed in civil war and reduced to the level of savages. Nearly 5000 years ago now Revan and Malak found a Rakatan artefact called the Star Forge, and with it almost conquered the Republic. The Star Forge was destroyed, but there is no reason not to assume that there may be other devices which might still exist."

"This picture was taken over a decade ago on the planet Ossus, former home of the Jedi long ago. The significance hasn't been recognised until now, I feel, because that is a Star Map. Where does it lead? Well, that is why I am assembling an expedition to find out. But why take so many? Dark rumours have been circulating on Ossus, and a survey team dispatched by me last month has not returned. I fear someone has found the artefact already, and so we need to act quickly to prevent them finding whatever the map points at. Any questions?"

assandraStarfire

Commander - Fleet Medical Officer
Raises her hand excitedly. "If there is possibility there something similar like Star Forge why don't ask for Republic Military support, I know that republic policy about droid armies but If I remeber correctly it's rumored that Star Forge could build ships too? I don't know much about history but I read it in some old databank about pre-republic technology."

Selena practically threw herself into a chair just around the time that Phylis began briefing the group. She was exhausted from chasing down some thugs on the lower levels earlier this day and as such really wanted some rest. Listening to a brief was not her idea of rest, however, the chairs in this room were actually not all that terrible. For a moment the young Jedi Knight almost wanted to just worry about finding the most comfortable position but she knew that she had to focus on the brief. Her eyes looked over the image but really look nothing much in. Yes, she somewhat recognized the basic features of the galaxy, but the map was old so nothing looked exactly right. Not was she much for navigation or ancient artifacts. So altogether, as the discussion started she began to wonder why she was requested.

And there it was. Danger. Danger meant the need for protection... as such those who were more combat trained made more sense to pull into the team that was being assembled. She was a sword, not unusual so this did not surprise her. Still, the mission was not exactly the kind that she normally found herself involved in. Typically it was shutting down some Imperial base, hunting spies, stopping criminals, or various things of that nature. She was no diplomat and certainly not an archealogist. But she was a sword and that is what they evidently needed for this mission of sorts. Another sword. She was fine with that.

Padak had been sitting quietly for the majority of the explanation o the mission. Now, however, with the holo of a Rakatan Star Map, he thought he would nearly die of excitement. He researched what information was in the archives about the long dead race, and it was his dream to find such artifacts. The fact they survived so long was an amazement in and of itself.He took a deep breath to calm himself, then spoke in response to @[member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member=""][member="Dr. Sirantha Tesselor"] .

"Doctor, from my research in the archives, the Star Forge used the Dark Side to power it. Do you think it would be smart touse such a device?"

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
"Hey there, I'm Jaxton." Jaxton said as he extended his hand for a handshake with the woman who called herself Satara Hawk. He then returned to his seat, to be joined shortly by his former mentor Karen Roberts. It was strange that he and his former mentor were now considered equals. Karen had so much more experience, had been a jedi for years, decades even, while Jaxton only had a few battles to his name. He smiled at her in acknowledgement, then turned to see Knight Alince smile at him, as she answered his question about the map.

All Jaxton could say was wow. Star maps, empires, the Star Forge, a missing archeology team. Jaxton was in. The success, or failure, of this expedition could have major consequences. Jaxton looked to see a young girl raise her hand and Jacton nudged Karen and leaned over towards her. "That one's mine." He whispered with no small amount of pride. Though he was still unsure of his ability as a teacher, it felt good to know he was having an impact on the lives and developments of his padawans. His padawan spoke of the Star Forge producing ships as well as droids, and the applications that might have to the Republic, and Jaxton frowned.

"Honestly, if we find something as powerful as the Star Forge, whether or not it's powered by the darkside we'll need to destroy it. I wouldn't trust that kind of power in the hands of anybody, much less the Republic. The Aurelia, Flint, and Lissiri are all great people, but who's to say their replacements will be? Not to mention Ossus is knocking at the door of Sith Territory. If they find out what we're doing they'll follow us to wherever we're going."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
@[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Karen leaned over at Ravos' nudge and smiled. Giving Jaxton another big goofy wink. He would make for a great teacher. All three-hundred pounds of him. Hehe.

Of course. Karen was not worried at all about Star Forges, or Sun Builders, or God Makers, or whatever the kids were calling them these days. The statistical probabilities they would find anything useful were dismal. Almost eleven trillion to one. And that was considering the advanced thermal scanning technologies of modern Starships too. Though. I hindsight. Many Jedi never even take time to considered the odds. They tend to leap forward by faith and the influence of the Force alone. Which was fine, of course. Phylis was infamous for her Quests. This would be fun either way. ...At least. At least Karen wasn't back on Tython working her brains out. She needed a change of scenery and this would do just that.

She wiggled her toes in their rubbery socks, and waited patiently to learn more.

Rosa Gunn

R
Rosa did not like being late, but it was an unfortunate throwback of getting involved with politics. What had meant to have been a simple meeting to discuss the war between the Sith and Mandalorian's had become a full scale reinvention of the republics defences. She hadn't wanted to go, she had wanted her missions to be as far away from politics as she could possibly get them but the council seemed reluctant to not use her previous experience in the matter.

It was because of this that she pelted as fast as she could though the temple without using force speed. She nearly knocked several people flying and called out hurried apologies to them as she went. As she reached the corridor the training room she pushed herself harder, her mind totally absorbed by the fat that she was late and not on her surroundings and she ran headlong into someone else knocking them over and falling down with them in a tangle of limbs.

Of all the people, she could run into "Darron!" she exclaimed detangling herself from him. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying any attention to anything besides the time." Climbing to her feet she brushed herself off and offered him a hand. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who is late." she flashed her signature smile and moved to the training room door, opening it as quietly as she could and slipping inside leaving it open enough for Darron to follow her in afterwards.

It was of course completely impossible to sneak into a room full of Jedi and She mouthed and apology at Knight Alince as she slipped into a chair and took a moment to catch her breath.

All this talk about star forges was tiresome to Selena. Discussions about plans on what to do if they found one was a little bit ahead of itself. She had not really intended to speak on the matter at hand but it seemed like people were thinking in the wrong direction. Selena may just be a sword but she knew a thing or two about evaluating what really mattered so she leaned forward. When people came in late she got a little bit more restless. She sighed and said, "We really should not get ahead of ourselves here. All we know is that there is a map on Ossus and teams looking into it have gone missing. As someone mentioned it is near Sith space so we can likely assume that they are responsible, and if so then they will be after whatever this map points to. We do not know what that is. Talking about Star Forges and what to do if we find one is a little bit silly. The chances of this map leading to one are small, and furthermore we are not really qualified to make that kind of a decision anyways. We are team sent to investigate. Things like deciding what we do with what we find, should we find anything really, is up to the Jedi Council and the senate. With past teams having gone missing, that likely points towards the Sith having a jump on us. Telling me... that instead of speculating about what this map might lead to we should probably get going and find out for ourselves so that the Sith don't potentially reach it first." Finishing her statement she stopped looking at the entire group and shifted her attention to Phylis Alince.

"@[member="Selena Halcyon"] is correct, as are all who have made that comment. At the moment we should not speculate on what happens next. The important thing is to find out what is happening on Ossus, then go from there. There is no point getting ahead of ourselves. At the least, the Star Maps are a source of Dark Side energy, and thus should not fall into our enemy's hands."

"If we did find such a device I would not want to use it. Rather, I'd want to either destroy it or study it." Bold words considering what had happened to her once before in another universe....

Spencer frowned as she remained in her corner. It seemed like Phylis was going to stick to her plan and punish the young padawan. She looked towards her master and used their new and fragile master-student connection to communicate with the woman. Spencer was growing antsy.

-Master? Why are you being so cold to me...do I get to look for this artifact too?-

If Phylis turned to look at her padawan she would see the concern in her face the young empath was on the verge of tears not only from the harsh tone but from the overwhelming emotions she sensed from her Master. Spencer hated the fact she disappointed her Master and she was searching for any opportunity to reconcile what she did.

Phylis had little skills in telepathy, and in any case as too distracted fro the meeting to use them to great effect anyway. Phylis herself was extremely disappointed, and it showed. It broke her heart to be so stern to her Padawan, but she knew that Spencer had been doing some pretty suspicious things while away. That could not be brushed off, no matter how much that look bored into her soul.
"We will discuss this after," she said to Spencer. "I wish to see your mother in any case." It was like the school teach er talking to a wayward student's parents. It hurt to be so strict to Spencer, but it had to be done.

Spencer's saddened expression changed quickly at the mention of Phylis talking to her mother. In actuality Spencer rally didnt know what to expect from the meeting of the two women. She figured her mother would be utterly disappointed to hear of her adventures with the Dark Jedi, but no one understood what she had done. It didnt help that Spencer felt no remorse in what she had done, she only wished that the Sith weren't involved. If things were different and she helped the Jedi she wouldn't be in this position.

Another whine came from the padawan.

"Please don't involve her master..I cant have two people disappointed in me..."

Padak had once again been listening silently, trying not to let the swirl of emotions in his head under control. He was elated that he was chosen for the mission, amazed they were looking for Rakatan artifacts, but horrified that they could think of destroying them. Sure, they channeled the Dark Side, but they were wealths of information! To destroy them, would be like extinguishing a habited star system's sun, just because the inhabitants were warlike. He hadto use every ounce of self discipline to keep his voice calm as he once again spoke.

"They should be studied, yes, but not destroyed Master. Think of the knowledge contained withim those artifacts!"

Being mean was just something Phylis could not do. She always felt bad about it, even when trying to control Spencer. She was soft, and they both knew it.
"Go to her then, but we will all talk afterwards," Phylis told @[member="Spencer Jacobs"], gesturing towards @[member="Satara Hawk"].

"There is much knowledge, yes, but also danger. We must carefully assess the situation before making a decision one way or the other. Are there any questions?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom