Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Quest for Power

Exar Kun.

A powerful Sith Lord, of ancient history. Much was known about this lord, but so much was forgotten. The truth had to be revealed. Safiriel sat aboard the bridge of her 'borrowed' light corvette, as it cruised through the hyper lanes. She had loaded the ship up with provisions, labor droids, scanners, survival gear, and the hundread and one small things needed for survival.

Her ship was imbound for Yavin 4, the last known resting place of Exar Kun. Safiriel hoped to track down his tomb, that she made scower it for secrets, for the benefit of her and her's. And perhaps to guard it, against would be invaders, come to pillage it.

[member="Matreya"]

The Blade's Shadow glanced over across the small ship's cockpit, back into the crew quarters. Sitting there was a strange man, they had barely spoken on their journey so far. The Emperor had personally recommended him for this mission, whom was she to argue.

The ship dropped out of hyperspace with a lurch, the red gas giant Yavin hanging hugely in the foreground of space. "We're Here" She said simply, letting the ship hover in space. She tuned the scanners to Yavin 4, letting them scower and make a map of the jungle world. Perhaps she could find the ruins from space, though, she highly doubted her life would be that easy

Matreya

Valashu, Matreya as he is known to most, the Kensûrai Archer from another universe, sat silent in meditation. The Force was pulling him, surprisingly guiding him the very same way they traveled. Whatever reason the woman had for going, he had his own now. To find what the Force wanted him to.

Damien had asked of him to accompany this woman, whose name he wasn't even aware of yet, on the purpose of her being the Guard to his family. He wanted her to return safely. But this had amused Val, as what kind of Guard needed a guard? It made no sense.

None the less. Here he was in the rear, his Archer Armor's hood drawn up, his Lorn'iseth Jacket on over the Green Lotek'k hide. At each hip was his Quiver and Bow, broken down to hang nicely. Inside the hidden pockets within his Jacket sat Silt and Ash, both radiating a ready energy. He himself was just as ready as he would be as well.

Meditation brought him closer to the point of equilibrium.

He rose to walk silent as the night toward the front.

[member="Safiriel Bane"]

Silently the Blade's Shadow brought the ship to orbit the large moon , then in lower. Soon she found a suitable clearing, near a small lake. Their landing dislodged several branches causing them to crash to the jungle floor, and several large avian creatures to take flight to flee.

"We split up now, each walk an hour in a different direction, then return to make camp"

She instructed the archer as the landing ramp of the small ship hit the soft grass and dirt. Stepping out she pulled her hood up over her head, shielding herself from the light rain that was falling outside.

"If you find anything, you have my frequency code"

[member="Matreya"]

Matreya

Valashu glanced at the woman when she spoke, did not reply, then exited the ship and began to walk toward the East. As he moved he didn't even notice the fact there was rain falling on his head, instead he kept his eyes peeled ahead. Whatever it was that the Force wanted of him, there was little worry about there being a lack of danger on the Moon. A jungle so massive always held some forms of predators.

Plus throughout the years the moon had held many a sect of people. It was plausible that some had brought beasts for protection. At which point it is once more, not even just plausible, but likely that at least one or two managed escape in times of crisis. So native, or otherwise, threats were a constant possibility topside.

Hearing a twig snap behind himself, Valashu's instincts kicked in, and he was instantaneously gone from sight. With the White Current now surrounding him, he was utterly gone, unless physical contact was allowed. Turning on the spot, he reached a hand into the front of his jacket, gripping just below the base of Silt. He also used the other hand to loosen the straps holding the jacket together.

[member="Safiriel Bane"]

Safiriel's Journey was somewhat more peaceful than that of her Companion's, unknown to her of course. She kept finding large obsidian obsilisks, though with no discernably pattern or point of origin. She considered studying them later but, she had a temple to find for now.

Another few minutes journey brought her to the edge of a cliff, and a quite impressive waterfall. Far below her the jungles of Yavin stretched out infinitely.

Shaking her head she turned back, headed back to the ship to construct a basecamp, and to launch out the labor and expeditionary droids

[member="Matreya"]

Matreya

As he stood silent as death, the professional assassin continued with the grip under Silts head. Finally spotting the predator as it looked about for what it thought of as prey, Valashu jerked the axe free of its securing. Activating its Force aura, he flipped the blade head over at at the Akk Dogs. Before the blade was a few feet away, Val had then reached into the opposite side of his coat the pull free Ash.

Holding her in a single hand, he raced to follow Silts trajectory. Quickly the distance between them closed, but now the Akk had heard movement, and saw the axe, so she knew her prey had not fled.

Lightly kicking off the ground, then to the side, Val let his feet touch the trunk if a tree before kicking off as hard as his body would let him. Soaring like a bullet, he watched Silt scrape the armor of the beast but bounce off. This though was followed by the full bodied swing turned into a flip in mid air. The pressure was more, the velocity bore higher...

And the glowing head of Ash sunk deep into the shoulder of the beast, between its scales.

[member="Matreya"]

She stepped onto the ship lightly and headed to the neatly sorted cargo hold. Inside it were three deactivated droids, which she switched on. The plate headed droids beeped to life and stared at her.

"Set up the camp, It's going to rain soon, so double time it" She ordered, as she knelt by a crate on the floor. Inside it was a dozen small probe droids, the kind usually used by bounty hunters, these were tuned to survey and explore however, and that was what she activated them for now. Soon a collum of them was hovering out toward the jungle, spreading out in different directions as the Shadow Sage turned back to supervise the construction of the small field base

Came into orbit of Yavin in a small one man shuttle. Despite having a flagship to take him, he wanted to keep this secret from the rest of the sith as he tried to scout out locations for archaeological digs for the reclamation service. As he piloted the shuttle in for a landing he felt a familiar presence but couldn't place it and headed there without thinking, coming upon the camp as it had been set up and came in for a landing not far from them. Stepping out of the shuttle he looked around as he had another layer of thick outer robes to help with any changes in temperature and wetness that would be brought on by the coming rain.
"Isn't this the planet of Exar Khun?" He said to himself as he looked to the forests and then headed towards [member="Safiriel Bane"]'s camp.

Safiriel felt the presence only a few minutes before she saw it. It took her only a few seconds to place the robed individual, but when she did curiostiy and a small bit of pleased suprised flashed through her, stepping forward she approached the man "My friend, it has been many moons since we last spoke" She said, greeting him with a small but still respectful nod of the head

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Smiled under his mask and nodded to [member="Safiriel Bane"] in kind. "It has, how has the location served you so far?" He asked her with a friendly tone as he pulled his outer robes closer around his body, not out of being cold but in preparation for the rain to come. "Might I ask what you are doing here on Yavin?" He then asked her in curiosity as he looked over her camp and noticed some equipment he had seen in the reclamation services tool boxes.

"It has indeed. As to why I'm here? The temple of Exar Kun is on this world, I come here to study it. I've brought labor droids and such for repair and cataloging, while I may busy myself with the more intricate secrets of his tomb" She explained, walking the man back to camp. A light drizzle had started, and soon it would become a downpouwer, best to get under one of the prepared tarps, and soon.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

"I've actually come here for the same reason, his gauntlet is of great interest to me." He said as he followed her to the camp, sighing with a bit of relief when the heavy drizzle started and they were under a tarp that saved them from the rain. "What is it you are looking for [member="Safiriel Bane"]?" He then asked as he turned his head so his mask seemed to be looking at her.

[member="Darth Erebos"]

"I'm on a hunt for his Holocron, I believe its hidden here. But, I'm quite optimistic that i'll stumble upon other finds while I am here. Would you care to join me then? I'm far from selfish, and as it so happens the temple isn't foo far from here. We could have an initial look around once the rain seises, if you're interested" She was eager to get going and would have brave teh rain, if she wasn't with a guest

"By all means if i get a glimpse into the alchemy around his gauntlet I am fine, you can have the holocron." He said after a light hearted chuckle and crossed his arms lightly. "I must admit that I came here initially to try and find clues to another holocron I'm hunting myself but then again one never looses with a little added knowledge gained." He said with a tone that gave away the smile under his mask towards [member="Safiriel Bane"].

"I couldn't agree more. Knowledge is a reward all its own" She agreed. She made idle small talk untill the rain ceased. Bringing him to teh speeders she lead him the short route to the temple, it was only a few minutes away on speeder. The dark obsidian building loomed imposingly in the skyline as the speeders drew nearer. Stopping at the water's edge, Safiriel crossed the obsidian stones to the entrance

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Erebos enjoyed the small talk while it lasted but then took the speeder with [member="Safiriel Bane"] to the temple. As he walked up to it he ran his hand along the obsidian surface. "What these walls have witnessed." He said to himself as he pressed his open palm against the black stone before turning his head towards her and speaking once more. "What have you uncovered so far?" He asked as his curiosity and thirst for knowledge reared their heads in his mind.

"I've found the entrance to the tomb itself. I've secured the room, and disabled the traps it contained. I've honestly been putting off opening the sarcophagus itself. I'm a tad worried about what I'll find...or if I'll find anything at all" She detailed her explorations as she lead him among the twists and corridors of the temple. The spirit of Exar Kun was slayed long ago by Ember Rekali, and it's presence had faded from the temple, though much of it's power was still whispered of throughout the halls.

Down they went, into the burial chamber itself, the dully gleaming yet intricate designed bronzium sarcophagus lay before them

[member="Darth Erebos"]

"I believe it was a good idea to not open the sarcophagus, despite the spirit being dead the sarcophagus could very well be trapped." Erebos said as he walked up to the coffin and moved his hand over the intricate bronzium cover. "Tell me do you speak or read the old sith language?" He asked in curiosity as he gathered the force into his hand then raised it and let out a force saturation wave that didn't effect the room in anyway other than to allow him to see much better.

[member="Safiriel Bane"]

"Of Course, I've intricate knowledge of both the sith language and the old tongue, aswell as several others" She murrmurred, stepping closer to the sarcophagus. The bronzium cover was all that stood between her and the treasures that no doubt lay inside. A small smile graced her lips, today would be a good day she decided. Not only did she receive assistance from an old ally, but part of her passions were being realized right before her eyes

[member="Darth Erebos"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom